00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox One Official Thread.

43,353 Views | 563 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 14:03:59

At 6/11/13 04:10 PM, Painbringer wrote: Question:

Would you buy an Xbox One if it was $399, didn't have Kinect, but still had the 24-hour online check-in?

Nope. I don't want to be fucked when the console gets old and the servers get shut down.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 15:02:21

At 6/12/13 02:03 PM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
At 6/11/13 04:10 PM, Painbringer wrote: Question:

Would you buy an Xbox One if it was $399, didn't have Kinect, but still had the 24-hour online check-in?
Nope. I don't want to be fucked when the console gets old and the servers get shut down.

They supported original Xbox servers until April 15th, 2010 (nearly 9 years after the console was released), and they said they're going to support the Xbox 360 until 2017 (twelve years after the console was released).

That's a pretty good long-term commitment if you ask me.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 15:19:53

At 6/12/13 03:02 PM, RampantMusik wrote: They supported original Xbox servers until April 15th, 2010 (nearly 9 years after the console was released), and they said they're going to support the Xbox 360 until 2017 (twelve years after the console was released).

That's a pretty good long-term commitment if you ask me.

I don't care. I want to be able to use a console forever as long as it's not physically broken.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 15:56:05

I'm still getting it.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 16:09:57

At 6/12/13 02:02 PM, fmn335 wrote:
At 6/11/13 06:52 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Apparently, for all you halo fans out there, there are rumors that the next Halo game will also be available for the Xbox 360, so hold your horses before buying an Xbone.
I was not planning buying Xbox one. This is good news to me. Give me Halo over CoD any day, but let me keep my 360 and dont offer me that One thing.

Yup!
They say part of the reason they released a new version of the 360 is because it is expected that a good deal of One games will also come out for the 360

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 16:28:53

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 17:54:56

At 6/12/13 03:56 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I'm still getting it.

I found a picture of you.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 18:06:36

Looks like Microst is either going to have to push back the release of the Xbox One, or release an Xbox one V2, before the PS4 hits the market.

Just so it will have full used game functionality.

As far as I know, disc games don't stream off the disc, the hard drive is used for that. So if Microsoft were to get rid of DRM, then Xbox One owners would simply buy games, download them to the harddrive, then trade them back in, whilst still being able to play the game they just got rid of.

This would certainly spell disaster for publishers, and thereby Microsoft.

Xbone V2 is inevitable, consumers aren't putting up with this shit.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 18:14:00

At 6/12/13 06:06 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Looks like Microst is either going to have to push back the release of the Xbox One, or release an Xbox one V2, before the PS4 hits the market.

Just so it will have full used game functionality.

As far as I know, disc games don't stream off the disc, the hard drive is used for that. So if Microsoft were to get rid of DRM, then Xbox One owners would simply buy games, download them to the harddrive, then trade them back in, whilst still being able to play the game they just got rid of.

Aaaaaand, now that that is mentioned, I give it about a month before hackers find a way to exploit that.
I mean, you could do it with a jtagged 360 which is not designed for that, let alone a system that is built to copy a game from a disc.
Lmao, Microsoft just made it easier than ever to pirate a game. Simply mod the Xbone to not have to go online, crack a game, and use the very features of the xbone to download and play it on it's hard drive without a problem.
You could now very literally just download and burn a game unto a dvd or blu-ray and let the hacked xbone copy it straight to the hard drive!
And you don't even have to use a specialized software like freestyle 3 either lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 18:23:41

At 6/12/13 06:06 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: As far as I know, disc games don't stream off the disc, the hard drive is used for that. So if Microsoft were to get rid of DRM, then Xbox One owners would simply buy games, download them to the harddrive, then trade them back in, whilst still being able to play the game they just got rid of.

I doubt they will make a version for used games. The entire point of their system is to stop people from game sharing. Once you install the game on your machine, you cannot trade it in, unless to special retailers (yet to be discussed) and you can only give the game away to someone ONCE, then the game cannot be moved again.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 18:42:43

Well I made up my mind with which console I would buy if I do go to next gen consoles. After hearing that the PS4 has no restrictions on used games or having to be online at all times to use it, it's apparent which console appeals more to me.

I've heard that they might be having Online Fees, though this isn't a big deal seeing as I'm used to it from the 360. If it's more than £40 a year I'll be pretty bummed but I would imagine it would be.

Also that comment the spokesperson made about the 360 and offline mode was a hilarious way to make themselves look ridiculous.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 19:18:28

At 6/12/13 06:42 PM, Snuff wrote: I've heard that they might be having Online Fees, though this isn't a big deal seeing as I'm used to it from the 360. If it's more than Ã'£40 a year I'll be pretty bummed but I would imagine it would be.

Is 5 US $ a month more than 40 Pounds a year?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 19:19:30

Although that's true, most people don't have the know how, or patience to mod any kind of technological equipment, especially a compter game system. Most people wont go that route.

Microsoft doesn't have a choice, as we've seen people are not putting up with this shit. All power lies with the consumer.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 19:26:04

At 6/12/13 05:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 6/12/13 03:56 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: I'm still getting it.
I found a picture of you.

I don't share games, don't care for used ones, have a very good internet connection, and don't care if the NSA watches me jerk off.

So yeah, I'm getting the Xbox One. I believe it's my right and choice as a consumer to purchase what I wish with my money.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 19:28:10

At 6/12/13 07:26 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: So yeah, I'm getting the Xbox One. I believe it's my right and choice as a consumer to purchase what I wish with my money.

Nice try, Don. I'm onto you.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 20:57:53

At 6/12/13 07:26 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: So yeah, I'm getting the Xbox One. I believe it's my right and choice as a consumer to purchase what I wish with my money.

Indeed, and it is everyone's right to also point out your stupidity.

Also, here's something neat. (from reddit)

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 21:31:52

Playstation Four.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 22:45:50

At 6/10/13 01:58 PM, darkjam wrote: Is it true?! Killer instinct 3 and Halo 5?!

Killer Instinct 3 looked nice until I found out it was being co-developed by Double Helix who have their fair share of bad titles. They completely missed the tone, atmosphere, gameplay, and story of the Silent Hill series with "Homecoming", so I can't imagine them doing justice to KI3. Aside from that, they made "Battleship: The Game of the Movie of the Board Game the FPS the Revenge Reloaded Revelations".

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 23:01:08

At 6/12/13 07:19 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Although that's true, most people don't have the know how, or patience to mod any kind of technological equipment, especially a compter game system. Most people wont go that route.

Microsoft doesn't have a choice, as we've seen people are not putting up with this shit. All power lies with the consumer.

That's my point though.

That's the source of all the piracy that Microsoft states is rampant.
Modded systems.
And the irony is, they make it even easier to do so than ever with their "solution to piracy".

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-12 23:29:53

At 6/12/13 08:57 PM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 01:13:27

At 6/12/13 11:29 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

I too shall spend $500 on this oversized paperweight/deadly bludgeon/Illuminati Spy Device.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 01:20:41

Also, here's something neat. (from reddit)

Microsoft has just been on a continuous streak of losing fans since Adam Orth. Now I'm waiting for them to release a video where Don Mattrick tackles THIS particular issue by saying "Move to a better country."

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 01:22:22

At 6/13/13 01:13 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 6/12/13 11:29 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
I too shall spend $500 on this oversized paperweight/deadly bludgeon/Illuminati Spy Device.

Your user icon and signature say everything.

But, look, I'm all for talking about the console, critiquing and discussing its problems, etc., but please keep your pointless and unhelpful "lolol xboner sucks" comments to yourself. Unless you want to participate in an actual, creative discussion, I think it would be best if you just leave the thread and go back to IGN, where you can bash the console to your heart's content in the pro-Sony Disqus threads.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 01:29:55

At 6/13/13 01:22 AM, RampantMusik wrote: But, look, I'm all for talking about the console, critiquing and discussing its problems, etc., but please keep your pointless and unhelpful "lolol xboner sucks" comments to yourself.

Nice try, Don's alt.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 01:50:11

Hearing about the 'next-box' I was so hyped. I didn't play my 360 much and leaned towards my PS3 more, but I knew Microsoft knew what to do. At least that's what I thought. The PS4 reveal caught my attention and I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the 'next-box' reveal. Man was I let down. I believe so long as Sony doesn't fuck up, they can claim the 'hardcore gamers' of this generation, unless somehow Nintendo picks up with their console (Do people even remember it exists?) Two major things really killed all of my excitement for this console, and pointed me towards a very different company for the next generation.

The name: (You'd think this is a small gripe, right? No, names are a big thing in marketing and appeal. How attractive would you find the love of your life if their name was Crankburger Jr.?)

Xbox One. I honestly thought it was impossible to top Nintendo on the list of stupid console names with their Wii U but Microsoft did it. Really? Xbox One? The third console in your line of Xbox products is called the One? I figured the name was dumb, but the console can still be great, right?

DRM (A.K.A The death of this thing)
The ultra-restrictive DRM, the Used Game Hate, the 24 (or in some cases 1) hour constant internet checking, and the 'always watching' kinect will kill this console. Microsoft learned from being in the console market for two generations, and they applied none of their knowledge. Everything that a typical 'gamer' could absolutely hate was here.

Also this. Buy our new Xbox One controllers, they're exactly the same as the 360 ones, but don't work here because money!

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 13:41:29

So yeah, I'm getting the Xbox One. I believe it's my right and choice as a consumer to purchase what I wish with my money.

That post made me so sad.

We'll get you the help you deserve!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 14:17:05

Everyone who's flipping out over the bad points of the Xbone should give this article a look, it makes several excellent points.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/06/why-youre-wrong-to-hate-the -xbox-one/

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 14:46:05

At 6/13/13 02:17 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Everyone who's flipping out over the bad points of the Xbone should give this article a look, it makes several excellent points.

Even so, the price is still a bad point.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 14:47:25

At 6/13/13 02:17 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Everyone who's flipping out over the bad points of the Xbone should give this article a look, it makes several excellent points.

Nah, I read through it and don't share his point of view at all, he's even plain wrong in some cases but I don't feel the need to elaborate on that.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-13 15:43:09

At 6/13/13 02:48 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Seems Microsoft is possibly scraping at the bottom of the barrel to get people to buy their system.

Wow, it seems like Sony is getting better by the day, Nintendo stays at the top and Microsoft just gets worse day by day.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature