00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TimeGoblin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox One Official Thread.

43,373 Views | 563 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-16 04:39:28

At 9/14/13 01:11 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/7/13 07:10 PM, II2none wrote: This is a console I definitely plan on NOT buying.
You do realize it isn't shit anymore?

It's shit until good games come out for it. No reason to hop on the M$ train again until it has games worth buying (currently only a few shitty exclusives. Not counting ” exclusives”.) The PS4 has no good exclusives announced yet either, but is cheaper with slightly better hardware, so if you had to buy a new console for multiplats that's currently the best option.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-16 14:40:46

At 9/16/13 04:39 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: It's shit until good games come out for it. No reason to hop on the M$ train again until it has games worth buying (currently only a few shitty exclusives. Not counting ” exclusives”.) The PS4 has no good exclusives announced yet either, but is cheaper with slightly better hardware, so if you had to buy a new console for multiplats that's currently the best option.

I don't think PS4's exclusives look shit. Killzone looks like a typical shooter, obviously but, Knack looks fun and is described as this gen's Crash and Spyro. Not to mention Infamous: Second Son, which is a awesome series, I dunno it might be your taste but I think it's exclusives are pretty cool, even Killzone. (Not Drive Club though, not a big fan of racing games)

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-17 04:29:03

At 9/16/13 02:40 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/16/13 04:39 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: It's shit until good games come out for it. No reason to hop on the M$ train again until it has games worth buying (currently only a few shitty exclusives. Not counting ” exclusives”.) The PS4 has no good exclusives announced yet either, but is cheaper with slightly better hardware, so if you had to buy a new console for multiplats that's currently the best option.
I don't think PS4's exclusives look shit. Killzone looks like a typical shooter, obviously but, Knack looks fun and is described as this gen's Crash and Spyro. Not to mention Infamous: Second Son, which is a awesome series, I dunno it might be your taste but I think it's exclusives are pretty cool, even Killzone. (Not Drive Club though, not a big fan of racing games)

Killzone is fun and infamous is alright, but none of those games look like they could justify buying a console. You'll get maybe 20 hours out of infamous, but the series has never been great, only above average. I do love killzone, but one game doesn't justify dropping $400. This is like all consoles at launch, though. I'd hold out for more good games and see if there's any major problems with the console (I bought a launch 360, so I learned the hard way).

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-21 19:45:49

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-21 19:58:12

At 9/21/13 07:45 PM, darkjam wrote: Apparently you can play PS4 games on your xbone.

hmm, I smell a lawsuit.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-22 18:17:24

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-27 06:48:16

At 9/14/13 06:46 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 9/14/13 06:01 PM, Osyris wrote: >implying sony wont fuck you over with DRM
They wont, they're not idiots.

Really? What was up with the PS3 costing so damn much at launch and came with a blu ray drive nobody gave a fuck over?

Please stop fanboying over Sony. Consoles suck anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-09-27 12:34:06

At 9/27/13 06:48 AM, Osyris wrote: Really? What was up with the PS3 costing so damn much at launch and came with a blu ray drive nobody gave a fuck over?

PS2, they were cocky.

Please stop fanboying over Sony. Consoles suck anyway.

Funny because I'm not a fanboy, can we please stop using this word? It seems like a scapegoat for anyone who wants to cuss but can't think of one.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-09 18:45:58

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-09 19:41:46

After catching up on the news, this console looks great, but the price for all the next gens are too much for me. Definitly gonna have to stick with my 360 for a few more years.

But on a more general note, the real question is whether MS has had enough time to recover slightly from there massive reveal faux pas. Of course, not entirely but how much room has been made up? One can only wonder but I've yet to hear any IRL complaints from friends or other passerby conversations. Then again, the internet has always been a center of cynics, so I dunno.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-13 22:37:21

At 9/4/13 01:01 PM, darkjam wrote: Xbone available 22.11.13

Well, I wonder what will actually happen when it's released and people are actually trying the console out rather than needlessly complaining about it. Speaking of which, I think that's something I seriously need to address:

The Xbox One was talked about, and the used games crap was mentioned, so people felt the need to endlessly whine about it, to the point where Microsoft removed the feature (which I honestly can't blame them for wanting to do, since no human being under the sun would stop complaining about it). But now, people still feel the need to cry about the Xbox One and say that it's going to be the bane of our existence or some crap. At one point, when me and some other people were talking about how we personally found the Nintendo 2DS to be stupid, one random guy showed up and said: "Don't say stuff like that when we have Xbox One on the market."

LITERALLY. THAT'S WHAT HE SAID.

I, for one, am mildly interested in Microsoft's new console, even if I'm not really much of a Microsoft guy in the first place, since I'm usually more accustomed to the Sony and Nintendo.

Also, the Xbox One or the X-Bone? People need to really work on that.

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-15 22:41:55

At 10/13/13 10:37 PM, powerdude964 wrote: Also, the Xbox One or the X-Bone? People need to really work on that.

Xbone is so catchy but I think certain people find it insulting to the Xbox.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-19 12:24:43

At 10/15/13 10:41 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
At 10/13/13 10:37 PM, powerdude964 wrote: Also, the Xbox One or the X-Bone? People need to really work on that.

how?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-19 15:14:54

At 10/19/13 12:24 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 10/15/13 10:41 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
how?

I think certain people were under the impression that it meant "X boned", like getting screwed over.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-19 19:44:42

PS4 is selling out.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-19 23:41:17

At 10/19/13 07:44 PM, TheKlown wrote: PS4 is selling out.

You and I both know PC is far more superior than these console plebs.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-20 15:19:19

It seriously let my down at first </3

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-10-20 15:33:31

At 10/19/13 11:41 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 10/19/13 07:44 PM, TheKlown wrote: PS4 is selling out.
You and I both know PC is far more superior than these console plebs.

You're right but consoles are still fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-08 10:04:43

Damn, this is a nice UI. Didn't think I'd use Kinect, but since I'm forced to have it and it actually seems really useful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-08 16:50:59

At 11/8/13 10:04 AM, Makeshift wrote: Damn, this is a nice UI. Didn't think I'd use Kinect, but since I'm forced to have it and it actually seems really useful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhe6jV-APwM

That Windows 8-style tile interface, in terms of function, really seems at home on the Xbox. It's not nearly as much of an eyesore as some of the 360 dashboard styles, either.

On a side note, good fucking lord that new YouTube comments system is even dumber than the people who use it.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-08 16:57:42

At 11/8/13 04:50 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: That Windows 8-style tile interface, in terms of function, really seems at home on the Xbox. It's not nearly as much of an eyesore as some of the 360 dashboard styles, either.

That's probably the best way to do it to be honest. The original 360 dashboard was horrible in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-08 17:00:35

At 11/8/13 04:57 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/8/13 04:50 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: That Windows 8-style tile interface, in terms of function, really seems at home on the Xbox. It's not nearly as much of an eyesore as some of the 360 dashboard styles, either.
That's probably the best way to do it to be honest. The original 360 dashboard was horrible in my opinion.

I loved the first one, but that's probably just the nostalgia talking.

But yeah, you're right, this Windows 8 UI is definitely a winner.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-09 16:22:38

Just found this on the escapist and I wonder how yah feel about it?
Also It seem that they can turn off your xbox one complete, on top of being able to ban your account. I don't know about you guys but that seem to far.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-09 18:14:05

Enjoy your 720p resolution. And I thought Xbox One was suppose to be Next-gen.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-09 21:19:46

At 11/9/13 06:14 PM, TheKlown wrote: Enjoy your 720p resolution. And I thought Xbox One was suppose to be Next-gen.

What a compelling argument that didn't arrive 6 months late.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-11 20:41:24

Is there anyone here buying an Xbone who HASN'T pre-ordered it? I heard it might be difficult getting one if you don't go to midnight release.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-11 21:01:01

At 11/11/13 08:41 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Is there anyone here buying an Xbone who HASN'T pre-ordered it? I heard it might be difficult getting one if you don't go to midnight release.

I'm going to try. I don't know when to go though... could be a long wait. Future Shop and Best Buy here both have at least 20 unreserved consoles at midnight, and 15 at 8am. This is going to be hell.

Reason I didn't preorder was I didn't have money at the time and didn't think I would have money now, but I do.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-11 21:02:40

At 11/9/13 06:14 PM, TheKlown wrote: Enjoy your 720p resolution. And I thought Xbox One was suppose to be Next-gen.

Just to touch on this, Forza 5 is 1080p, 60fps. It's possible and the DR3 devs explained they wanted to push the limits of zombies on screen and different effects, so they thought playing at 720p, 30fps was better than a shittier looking and playing game. Don't know what's up with COD and Battlefield though. For COD it's probably just them being lazy fucks like they were with their PC port.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-11 21:08:34

At 11/11/13 09:01 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/11/13 08:41 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Is there anyone here buying an Xbone who HASN'T pre-ordered it? I heard it might be difficult getting one if you don't go to midnight release.
I'm going to try. I don't know when to go though... could be a long wait. Future Shop and Best Buy here both have at least 20 unreserved consoles at midnight, and 15 at 8am. This is going to be hell.

Reason I didn't preorder was I didn't have money at the time and didn't think I would have money now, but I do.

I didn't pre-order because I was a bit short on cash at the time (I have plenty now) and assumed there wouldn't be trouble getting it. Best Buy is promising that they'll have some available and a local game shop that I go to may have a few on launch day.

Probably gonna try getting in touch with my local Best Buy and seeing what they say.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-11-12 11:58:51

Well I was debating this or PS4, but after E3 I went for PS4, so I'll probably get this next year.

BBS Signature