00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox One Official Thread.

43,340 Views | 563 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-15 17:05:47

Get banned and you will lose all your games.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-15 17:50:04

At 6/15/13 05:05 PM, VGmasters wrote: Get banned and you will lose all your games.

I'm guessing that's only while you are banned, but what another dumb fucking move! Are they even listening to us?!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-15 18:51:02

vvvv

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-15 19:01:18

At 6/15/13 04:13 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: Revo, are you for a moment insinuating that if Super Smash Bros. Brawl was ported to the xbox 360 with totally updated graphics that it wouldn't automatically be a better game?

No, I'm insinuating that it would be the same game but with better graphics.
It wouldn't make it any more or less funner.

Why do you think so many people bash Call of Duty?
(Prettier dogs with Prettier hair)

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-15 20:53:08

At 6/14/13 08:09 PM, Revo357912 wrote: That would be like comparing which is more reasonable:

A Model T or a 2013 Dodge Ram.

Gotta compare them in the same generation, like:

Which system was more enjoyable:
The Snes or the Sega Saturn?

Guess which company still exists?

It's not only power, but the games themselves, and the innovations that can come with it.

Ocarina of Time, Crash Bandicoot, and etc. would not be doable on an NES in the same manner. Because of the NES' limitations, it is unable to produce certain game genres effectively, like 3D games. Current systems are in a bit of a period where new game genres are hard to come up with. Almost every genre within the confines of 2D and 3D has been done.

A console's power was much more important when it meant the difference between having ten sprites on screen, or a hundred; hardware is of much higher importance when it decides whether you are making a 2D platformer, or a 3D one. Limits force a more defined scope; removing limits allows the developer to make more, but often results with the developer playing safe. An ideal situation is when developers feel free to make whatever they want without the limitations of hardware.

As per graphics affecting a game, Wind Waker suffers a bit from textures being very low res, from many objects being 2D when they would be 3D had the Gamecube been powerful enough to do so, and from tons of jagged edges. The intention of Wind Waker was to make it look cartoony; cartoons are not limited by texture sizes, the objects are rendered to have depth in each frame, and they don't have jagged edges. Having better hardware allows the developer to reach their vision for the game. A game not looking like its concept art is usually due to the inability of the console to deliver sufficient power.

In terms of graphics affecting gameplay, the satisfaction received from hitting an enemy, taking damage, something shaking, and so on are given through use of sound effects and graphics, hence the reason a text based game is limited by one's imagination. Graphics set the tone and atmosphere of a game as well. I strongly recommend playing the RPG Maker game "Space Funeral" for an example of how graphics affect the feel and presence of a game.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-15 22:34:49

At 6/15/13 08:53 PM, MonoBro wrote:
At 6/14/13 08:09 PM, Revo357912 wrote: That would be like comparing which is more reasonable:

A Model T or a 2013 Dodge Ram.

Gotta compare them in the same generation, like:

Which system was more enjoyable:
The Snes or the Sega Saturn?

Guess which company still exists?

It's not only power, but the games themselves, and the innovations that can come with it.
Ocarina of Time, Crash Bandicoot, and etc. would not be doable on an NES in the same manner....how graphics affect the feel and presence of a game.

Yet again though, your comparing Different generations.
The difference between graphics the same generations tend to be negligible, especially since the time of the N64 and up.

Like I said, withing the same gen, graphics are not the determining factor in gameplay.

Tell me, would a game like Superman 64 be any better if all it had were next gen graphics at the level of an Xbone or PC?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 00:44:13

At 6/15/13 10:34 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Yet again though, your comparing Different generations.
The difference between graphics the same generations tend to be negligible, especially since the time of the N64 and up.

Like I said, withing the same gen, graphics are not the determining factor in gameplay.

Tell me, would a game like Superman 64 be any better if all it had were next gen graphics at the level of an Xbone or PC?

Had Superman for the N64 been styled to look exactly like a comic book or had it some sort of good style, then yes it would be a better game. As is, the graphics are beyond terrible even for the time which results in unnecessary clutter effectively making many of the levels hard to figure out.

The player does not need to be told an objective to understand what to do if the item is properly framed. Many games go the lazy route of making an item flash yellow whereas others will feature an item with a brighter texture; some games outright zoom in on it like in Ocarina of Time with treasure chests. Figuring out that you have to destroy the cars on the second level would make much more sense if the graphics featured an evil looking driver or possibly a LexCorp logo.

Levels featuring large expanses of the city would have been easier to navigate without the excessive use of fog which was needed to hide the N64's low draw distance. The terrible looking cyclones would have been more obvious of a hazard had they looked more sinister with various particle effects and objects flying around them. The attacking would have been much more satisfying, and the bullet directions would have made more sense had there been better muzzle flashes.

Low draw distances make navigating various indoor areas difficult considering some doors will not show up until you are very close to them. Low resolution textures make many of the games objects, like walls and flooring, blend in with each other.

Superman for the N64 would be better if the same gameplay was kept, but the graphics were changed. It still would have been a terrible game, but it would have been easier to figure out.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 00:57:33

And you've already admitted that im right. More power does give a game console the ablity to make better games. You almost got me with your circular logic, though.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 05:46:35

At 6/15/13 05:05 PM, VGmasters wrote: Get banned and you will lose all your games.

Xbox One is made by stupid White People.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 08:27:00

At 6/16/13 05:46 AM, TheKlown wrote:
Xbox One is made by stupid White People.

The White people are sad.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 15:35:48

About 80% of my friends are considering jumping to PS4 or PC. Even the filthy casuals at work are shit-talking the Xbox One.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 19:48:17

At 6/16/13 05:46 AM, TheKlown wrote: Xbox One is made by stupid White People.

I thought it was made by Chinese slaves...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 19:53:00

At 6/16/13 07:48 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 6/16/13 05:46 AM, TheKlown wrote: Xbox One is made by stupid White People.
I thought it was made by Chinese slaves...

Yes, but they are outsourced by the same Rich White People

I HДVЗИ'T ЭДTЗЙ SLICЭD ЬЯЗДD SIИCЭ I ШДS TЩЗLVЭ

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 19:55:02

The Glory of PC.

spam my steam account here

or here

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 20:56:09

At 6/16/13 12:57 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: And you've already admitted that im right. More power does give a game console the ablity to make better games. You almost got me with your circular logic, though.

Ah, I have now been spotted.

(However, Superman 64, prettier or not, would have still been a shit of a game.
An example of this is Aquaman on the Gamecube, which is basically a Superman 64 clone but with prettier graphics. Graphics simply don't make the game fun)

Still though, it makes you wonder why Consoles are more popular than PC's.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 21:02:58

Seriously, consoles have never caught up with PCs of their time, but they still had awesome exclusives out the ass. And the lineup for the Wii U is looking great.

At 6/16/13 07:55 PM, kirby1837 wrote: The Glory of PC.

You're the worst kind of person.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 21:26:44

At 6/16/13 08:56 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Ah, I have now been spotted.

(However, Superman 64, prettier or not, would have still been a shit of a game.
An example of this is Aquaman on the Gamecube, which is basically a Superman 64 clone but with prettier graphics. Graphics simply don't make the game fun)

I could argue that Aquaman for the Gamecube's graphics made the game worse in many of the same ways that Superman for the N64's graphics make the game worse.

PC's are inherently more difficult to use. The startup fee is about $600 assuming the system is custom built. Most people would rather pick up a $300 console that requires no building whatsoever. Another reason is due to the average consumer not knowing much about PC gaming. Most assume that hardware upgrades are mandatory, that installs are worse than consoles - which is actually the latter considering they take place in the background as opposed to a 20 minute firmware update - and that games must be played with specific hardware (mouse and keyboard at a desk).

In actuality, the pros of PC gaming include full flexibility in how one plays a game. The user could use a PS3, SNES, Dreamcast, or etc. controller through use of an adapter; the user could install mods; the user can install a vast library of non-gaming software as opposed to a consoles' limitations to publisher licensed media.

The cons of PC gaming include the inability to play used games, to trade games, to play split-screen (in most games), and the requirement of an internet connection. I game on PC because the openness of a PC makes up for those shortcomings. Consoles to do not have that openness, but they have greater breadth in how the user can obtain games. PCs let the player choose how they play the game, but not how they obtain it; consoles allow the player to choose how they obtain the game, but not how they play it.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-16 22:18:51

At 6/16/13 08:56 PM, Revo357912

Because of it's more simplistic, and accessible architecture.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 00:45:22

I would have never bought this anyway, but this is ridiculous. Microshit has a terrible ban system. I've been banned for no reason with no explanation at least 4 times. Their customer support is useless and can't do anything either. At the very least they could have made the licenses valid as long as you're connected to the internet when you're banned. Anybody who supports xbone is literally killing the industry.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 05:04:05

At 6/17/13 01:06 AM, Travis wrote: More power doesn't make better games. It's the developers who make the games.

Unfortunately, devs these days are putting shitloads of money into artwork and voice acting, and very little into the actual game design.

This is why we have all these shallow, big-budget AAA games.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 12:30:19

Go shoot yourself in the dick.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 17:10:17

Xbox one was running from Windows 7, and not Microsoft's latest Windows 8. Microsoft hates Windows 8 too.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125066-Xbox-One-E3 -Demos-May-Have-Been-Running-On-Windows-7

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 18:05:44

At 6/17/13 05:10 PM, TheKlown wrote: Xbox one was running from Windows 7, and not Microsoft's latest Windows 8. Microsoft hates Windows 8 too.

You're missing the point:

The games were running on high-end PCs, and not actual Xbox One consoles!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 19:45:24

At 6/17/13 01:06 AM, Travis wrote:
At 6/16/13 12:57 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: And you've already admitted that im right. More power does give a game console the ablity to make better games. You almost got me with your circular logic, though.
I find that my Playstation 1 has much better and more fun games than any system I've got since.

The Playstation 3 rivals it though with Uncharted and now The Last of Us.

More power doesn't make better games. It's the developers who make the games.

"More power does give a game console the ABILITY to make better games."

Keyword ability. Horsepower increases a console's potential.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 20:15:07

At 6/17/13 05:10 PM, TheKlown wrote: Xbox one was running from Windows 7, and not Microsoft's latest Windows 8. Microsoft hates Windows 8 too.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125066-Xbox-One-E3 -Demos-May-Have-Been-Running-On-Windows-7

The point of that article was not so much to point out that the Xbox One's weren't using Windows 8, but to point out that the demo units were not even using Xbox Ones, but PCs.

An Nvidia GTX 780 provides about three times higher framerates than an AMD Radeon HD 7770 - probably the most similar GPU to the Xbox One. If that article is true, the demo units with their Nvidia 700 series GPUs could have been performing with much higher resolutions, framerates, draw distances, and better particle effects than the actual console could provide.

In order to keep the graphics consistent with the demos, the trailers may look quite a bit better than the actual finished product; having trailers that look better than the end result is something often done with console reveals like the PS3 with Motor Storm and Killzone 2's trailers.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 21:06:43

At 6/16/13 09:02 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
You're the worst kind of person.

why, because he's correct?

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 21:42:30

what turns me off on the Xbox one:

- SUPPOSEDLY sharing games you have have your friends gamertag on your friends list for for 30 days
- the 24 Hour check in just to play a game on DISC
-the Kinect but hey I can just put a piece a cloth over it

they really screwed up if this is true a Guy I know who works for Microsoft said they listened to the complaints of the Game Developers and this is what happened.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-17 22:51:31

At 6/17/13 06:05 PM, Painbringer wrote:
You're missing the point:

The games were running on high-end PCs, and not actual Xbox One consoles!

Well well well.
I can't stop laughing.
In an effort to curb piracy, they actually made it possible to pirate the console itself.
Welp. I'm getting an Xbox One.
As soon as someone just rips the software from the console and mods it, I'll just install it on a PC, and surprise surprise, I'll have an Xbox One without all the negative features and free games to boot.

How do you like that Microsoft?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-18 00:33:01

At 6/17/13 10:51 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Well well well.
I can't stop laughing.
In an effort to curb piracy, they actually made it possible to pirate the console itself.
Welp. I'm getting an Xbox One.
As soon as someone just rips the software from the console and mods it, I'll just install it on a PC, and surprise surprise, I'll have an Xbox One without all the negative features and free games to boot.

How do you like that Microsoft?

The Xbox One uses an eSRAM chip that Microsoft has supposedly had issues with. The exclusion of developer builds or actual consoles would probably be due to those issues. With problems in the console this late in the cycle, it seems very possible that the launch Xbox Ones may have lower performance than expected, or that they might have crashing issues (less likely).

The Xbox One is very similar to a PC as is the PS4, so it is very likely that more games will be ported to PC. Emulation will probably be easier, but most developers will still optimize their games to the individual consoles specs which would make many games unstable without similar specs. I wouldn't expect to see emulation of either console for some time.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-18 11:27:53

why, because he's correct?

You're acting as if PC has no flaws.

BBS Signature