New Topic Respond to this Topic
Tremulos
Tremulos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Reader
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 07:03 PM Reply

On my old account, I voted 5 on everything in order to advance in rank. On this account, I pick out (and watch, mind you) flashes that I think shouldn't pass, such as test animations and "first flash lol plz rate fair" and the like, and blam them for the GOOD OF THE PORTAL!

But yeah, people voting 5 for stats is essentially the problem as has probably been stated already in this thread.

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature
e102delta1379
e102delta1379
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 5th, 2013 @ 07:08 PM Reply

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME

DOINT YOU FUCKING IGNORE ME!

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 6th, 2013 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 07:03 PM, Tremulos wrote: But yeah, people voting 5 for stats is essentially the problem as has probably been stated already in this thread.
At 2/5/13 06:39 PM, PyroGreg wrote:
At 2/4/13 09:40 AM, Emilosish wrote: I think it should be something like this :
A member watches the whole film, and then he can rate.

It used to be that way, for a while, I think. Maybe it was just a specific time before the vote buttons were enabled, though, but nobody liked that system so they got rid of it. Thankfully. Voting on submissions took sooo loooong...

Spend 1-2 minutes with the page ACTIVE (so you can't just open them in background tabs) and then the voting becomes available. That way you at least watch/play it, and it encourages people to make something that isn't just some 20 second garbage, because then people won't view it long enough for the voting to unlock on the page.

That would open to problems. If nobody bothered to watch the movie, and then didn't bother to vote, it would just stay UJ forever and not get blammed at all. Many good animations aren't even a minute. Additionally, if nobody makes crap movies, it wouldn't even be possible to get blam points.

At 2/5/13 06:19 PM, Sectus wrote: Tom and the other site admins.

Ah.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 12:23 AM Reply

I dunno about you, but I've voted zero on a lot of stuff lately, especially with all this "flash flood" rubbish.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Gamer
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 06:45 PM, EJR wrote:
At 2/4/13 10:44 AM, simon wrote: Movies that we delete should count towards blam points and take any save points away.
Agreed.

100% Yes absolutely. This should have happened a long time ago. A long, long time ago.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 04:03 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 12:23 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I dunno about you, but I've voted zero on a lot of stuff lately, especially with all this "flash flood" rubbish.

Same here, not because of the flash flood per say (some of that stuff is actually pretty good) but on crappy submissions that still don't disappear. It's average of... 2-3 blam points per day, maybe? That's just too low..

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Movie Buff
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 04:13 AM Reply

At 2/4/13 09:07 AM, LittleWashu wrote: The following happened

1 We lost the ability to flash abusive flash so we lost a source of extra blam points through abuse removal and the new system of portal mods unpublishing flash doesn't award blam points since it isn't blammed.

Yeah when the hell are they gonna bring that back?

I have a penis

BBS Signature
Pinballchico
Pinballchico
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 07:41 AM Reply

OK...A: finding out about all the blind voting makes me want to cry. B: Here's an Idea I haven't seen yet: as of right now a vote of zero equals 0 and you just have to pass a certain threshold of points per vote to be protected. Yet still alot of crap gets through.....even a vote of one(which seems like it should be blammable) actually helps things get through.......so what if a vote of zero gave the flash a score of -10 and one would be -5 let a vote of 2(which is the I'll accept it because I can't get rid of it vote) be zero...and then 3,4,5 can give a flash actual points.
So the idea is Give a Blam vote some power....don't let it be a vote that says this doesn't deserve to be voted on....give a "Fuck this bullshit" vote some weight.
Am I missing something here?
I know its "everything by everyone" but now we are at the point where we are Really dealing with what were the problems of the future....now they are the problems of today

Dawcio510
Dawcio510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:41 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 12:23 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/5/13 11:23 AM, Dawcio510 wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:21 AM, LiquidFire wrote: It's because people are auto voting on stuff without watching it.
Yep, I call 'em 'Trolls'
Hehe nice joke

Thx... But at some point of look they are really trolling by blamming for no reason.

What Happened To Blamming???

"I fapped to this topic."
- Razeroath.

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 09:50 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 08:52 AM, Ma1achi wrote: Its because the site needs a certain amount of content to stay alive, blaming was great because it cleaned the site, but they loose content.

The site needs quality content to thrive..

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:47 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 09:41 AM, Dawcio510 wrote:
At 2/5/13 12:23 PM, LiquidFire wrote:
At 2/5/13 11:23 AM, Dawcio510 wrote:
At 2/4/13 06:21 AM, LiquidFire wrote: It's because people are auto voting on stuff without watching it.
Yep, I call 'em 'Trolls'
Hehe nice joke
Thx... But at some point of look they are really trolling by blamming for no reason.

What I meant was that the reason there's so few flashes getting blammed is because people are auto voting 5.

Also, voting auto voting 0 isn't trolling.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:53 AM Reply

At 2/7/13 11:47 AM, LiquidFire wrote: What I meant was that the reason there's so few flashes getting blammed is because people are auto voting 5.

Exactly.

Dawcio510
Dawcio510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 2/5/13 07:03 PM, Tremulos wrote: On this account, I pick out (and watch, mind you) flashes that I think shouldn't pass, such as test animations and "first flash lol plz rate fair" and the like, and blam them for the GOOD OF THE PORTAL!

Same, dude... For the goodness of our portal! No test flashes in our portal! Only pro's!

"I fapped to this topic."
- Razeroath.

BBS Signature
DevourerJay
DevourerJay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 11:55 AM Reply

which is why I think NG should install a system that makes sure the content is watched before the votes COUNT...

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Sig By Xeno.
Formerly known as MissingNYC

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to What Happened To Blamming??? Feb. 7th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 2/7/13 11:55 AM, Dawcio510 wrote: Same, dude... For the goodness of our portal! No test flashes in our portal! Only pro's!

You know, I miss the amateur flashes that popped up everywhere a few years back. Now it seems like most animations are commercially made, for a definite purpose, not just for fun. Well maybe not the animations, but pretty much all the games. Content is no longer as unpredictable as it was.