00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon X and Y

42,143 Views | 464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-12 23:08:08

At 6/12/13 07:51 PM, MONGOL9999999 wrote: How the fuck is Gardenwhore a fairy when Clefairy isn't!!??

I'm sure clefairy is.

If it isn't, that would be one of the dumbest mistakes in pokemon history.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-13 02:41:51

At 6/13/13 02:20 AM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I hope your Pokemons learn the move Surf and Earthquake and are ready...
as Gen IV introduces Horde Battles.

Amazing, I'm really looking forward to this title.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-13 16:22:40

At 6/13/13 02:20 AM, imaTouko-chan wrote: I hope your Pokemons learn the move Surf and Earthquake and are ready...

I'm guessing we can't catch any during horde battles...

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-13 17:24:42

At 6/13/13 04:22 PM, darkjam wrote:

Imagine running into a shiny in a horde.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-13 17:29:47

At 6/13/13 04:22 PM, darkjam wrote:

You probably can, just you waste a turn whilst your pokemon get pelted by the rest.

Personally, I think the new Fairy typing is an absolute load of shite, especially since it's super-effective against Dragon. I know they're trying a lot of new stuff, but the typings are all fine and I really don't see the need to include a new one, especially Fairy of all things... I can't believe it's super-effective against Dragon.

I still think they should do one pokemon which changes to any of 2 or 3 forms depending on which item it holds (Like with Giratina), so holding something like a Metal Coat turns it into a more defensive-based pokemon, whilst giving it something like a Quick Claw turns it into a more offensive pokemon. Probably a stupid idea to you all but it's something I think would be interesting. If a little gimmicky.

They could maybe even include an Uber pokemon which goes through 4 evolution stages, with the first stage being very weak, stage 2 being below average, stage 3 being almost as powerful as a typical stage 2 pokemon, then the final stage rivaling even legendaries. It'd be something new and something to really reward the player's patience if they do go through the labour of raising it.

This one idea might not be very kid-friendly (since a lot of kids play Pokemon), but they should do a hidden legendary pokemon for Pokedex no. 666, appearing at the bottom of the pokedex list. Something where you need to go deep down into a hidden cave after finishing the game and things get darker and darker and more hellish and scary until you meet this massive great demon-like Dark/Fire pokemon, possibly even requiring a specific item (NOT AN EVENT ITEM) to bring out from a massively deep pit or whatever. I highly doubt they'll do anything like this, but if they do, that would be so, so cool.

And a last (and very minor thing) to include would be a male evolution for Buneary, like they did with Gardevoir/Gallade. I'm not sure about you guys but when I see a male Lopunny part of me goes "man, that's just... wrong." But hey, at least I'll be able to see my Golurk freaking FLYING at last.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-13 17:31:20

Imagine running into a shiny in a horde.

That happened to my friend in Black apparently. He met a shiny pawniard in a double battle.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-13 23:31:51

At 6/13/13 05:29 PM, loluntilmypie wrote:
And a last (and very minor thing) to include would be a male evolution for Buneary, like they did with Gardevoir/Gallade. I'm not sure about you guys but when I see a male Lopunny part of me goes "man, that's just... wrong."

Lol
Don't forget Male clefairys and jigglypuffs.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-17 22:59:08

At 6/17/13 10:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: New info
leaked from an apparent employee

Only time well tell if what he says is true, but I get the strong feeling he is telling the truth.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-06-29 06:32:39

At 1/8/13 03:32 PM, Lionelion wrote:
At 1/8/13 12:51 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Also a theory on why it's called X and Y.
Get ready to get your mind blown.

-X and Y
-3rd version Z
-XYZ
-3D coordinates
-3DS
Also, this is definitely why its X and Y(and later Z)

Some also say it's because of genetics.
This just makes no sense whatsoever

It makes a lot of sense as the Japanese logo has a DNA strand so genetics is quite likely to be involved in the plot. However, I don't know how the XYZ idea would fit in.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-01 18:50:58

At 6/17/13 10:18 PM, SCTE3 wrote: New info
leaked from an apparent employee

Hoping that EV IV thing is true, i always found EV and IV leveling annoying as fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 03:45:40

The 3ds's graphics make my eyes bleed.

Sorry.

What was wrong with the top-down style of the game that used sprites instead of sharp polygons stabbing me in the retinas?

If they wanted to make a 3d pokemon title, why not do it right, and make it for the Wii?

They took two of my favorite games (Gold and Silver) and did them a complete injustice by making them for the ds with 3d elements.

Fuck this shit.... i seriously get a headache trying to decipher what the fuck all that shit is.

Pokemon X and Y

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 09:34:52

At 7/3/13 03:45 AM, Raab wrote: The 3ds's graphics make my eyes bleed.

3DS always looks bad on anything other than 3DS

It will look fine once we actually have it in our hands

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 13:21:14

Is anyone actually going to get Why instead of X?

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 15:37:42

At 7/3/13 01:21 PM, Jackho wrote: Why

WHY should I?

lolololol!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 16:00:29

I think it's great! It sort of sucks that the PokeDex just gets harder to fill with each game, but otherwise it's great!

Life rests between Storm and Fire, as the two combined create the spark of Life.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 16:12:42

At 7/3/13 04:00 PM, Mistyride wrote: I think it's great! It sort of sucks that the PokeDex just gets harder to fill with each game, but otherwise it's great!

It doesn't suck that the Pokedex is harder to fill each generation. That just adds more replay value to the game and makes the game even more fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-03 19:58:38

At 7/3/13 03:45 AM, Raab wrote: The 3ds's graphics make my eyes bleed.

Sorry.

What was wrong with the top-down style of the game that used sprites instead of sharp polygons stabbing me in the retinas?

If they wanted to make a 3d pokemon title, why not do it right, and make it for the Wii?

They took two of my favorite games (Gold and Silver) and did them a complete injustice by making them for the ds with 3d elements.

Fuck this shit.... i seriously get a headache trying to decipher what the fuck all that shit is.

The graphics always look better on the 3DS its self and it also looks better with 3D turned on. It's like that with every game I have played.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-04 15:45:06

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-04 19:49:12

Neat

Pokemon X and Y

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-04 20:49:25

At 7/4/13 07:49 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Neat

I like it! Been waiting for a Ghost/Steel for a while now too.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-04 21:02:59

I can't decide what I prefer to be perfectly honest....

The graphics look okay, I'm very happy that they finally did a 3D thing. Seems no worse that it would have been if they released a 3D version during the N64 era based on the trailer the OP posted.

For that, I'll probably consider getting it I just need to finish Black/White 1 and 2 first.

Never stop creating.

Discord

Links

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-05 17:19:46

At 7/4/13 07:49 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Neat

I'm still trying to decide what I think about Honedge. I mean, on the one hand, I like Steel types, I like Ghost types, and I like living or magical swords, so you'd think I'd love it. And I'm leaning towards having a positive opinion of it right now. But... I've never really been a fan of Pokémon based on entirely inanimate objects without any living qualities. Animals, plants, aliens, robots and golems, I've liked to varying degrees, but I just never got all that excited about, say, Voltorb or Magnemite, or Klink and its evolutions, or anything like that, with the possible exception of Muk.

Still, that part of me even wants to give Honedge a chance probably puts it above most of the reveals for this generation so far. And it's even getting me to wonder about it: is the unsheathing an Ability, or is it just part of the animation? If it's an Ability, it's probably to switch between a more defensively-oriented "sheathed" state and an unsheathed mode which focuses on Attack... Not so different from Zen Mode Darmanitan. Or maybe it's not like that at all, and I'm just guessing based on no evidence. For that matter, will it evolve from something? Or better yet, into something? I don't think I've ever used a single-stage Pokémon for very long, aside from Legendaries, but I don't see what it could evolve from or into. Maybe it evolves from a dagger or something, but I doubt it.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-07 10:56:07

At 1/8/13 07:36 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Just announced a little over an hour ago. What does everyone think about another generation of pokemon already this time in 3D.

Video trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dADz9F3POE

Looks good but I can't find its X and Y coordinates, do you know where it is?

teehee

" Finding originality on newgrounds is like reaching into a fishbowl and saying that you're fishing" -Natick

Check out my Reddit, dudes.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-07 21:13:56

The introduction of a Ghost/Steel-type Pokémon is still better than that Fairy-type. But then again we do need an 18th type ever since the ???-type has been removed.

Seeing as there is now a Fairy-type... cue the cheap male Gardevoir/Fairy gags. Why haven't anyone done this before?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-12 17:42:21

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-07-15 14:39:57

WANT.

Life rests between Storm and Fire, as the two combined create the spark of Life.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-08-07 01:51:26

There will be a dragon Eeveelution.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-08-07 14:40:14

At 8/7/13 01:51 AM, Revo357912 wrote: There will be a dragon Eeveelution.

Linxxxxxxxxxxxx

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-08-08 11:58:52

PANIC

Pokemon X and Y

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-08-08 12:25:53

At 8/8/13 11:58 AM, Chdonga wrote: PANIC

this is obviously fake why would there be a 4th evolution for a starter, especially one not from this generation.

the others look cool but I doubt those are legit.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature