New Topic Respond to this Topic
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 17:47:31 Reply

At 1/8/13 05:05 PM, SmartyPants wrote: First of all, it is a bit early for a generation 6. Second, I'm not really digging the starters like I did with previous generations, they seem a bit meh when compared with other starters. Third, the battle scenes remind me of Stadium, which is a good thing. I'll consider picking this up when it comes out.

The starters haven't been good since second generation I think. Third gen. starters were alright, fourth were poor and fifth were just plain bad. I hate Chimchar with a passion, Turtwig and Piplup I was fine with but Chimchar was just tacky beyond belief.

LemonCrush
LemonCrush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 17:55:53 Reply

Didn't Black/White 2 JUST come out?

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 17:57:47 Reply

At 1/8/13 05:55 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Didn't Black/White 2 JUST come out?

True but X and Y seem to be ten months away still.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 18:45:16 Reply

The pokemon just look ridiculous. The starter pokemon look even worse than the 5th generation starters. And that red and black legendary that can fly looks ok, but that blue deer looks ridiculous, too.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 18:48:50 Reply

You see this little mother fucker? He'll beat your ass sideways and then laugh with me as we watch you bleed all over the carpet. I might just have to buy a 3DS just to use this guy.

Pokemon X and Y

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 19:43:01 Reply

At 1/8/13 06:48 PM, Klik wrote: You see this little mother fucker? He'll beat your ass sideways and then laugh with me as we watch you bleed all over the carpet. I might just have to buy a 3DS just to use this guy.

nah bro fire starter master race all the way.

but if it's another fire / fighting type i'm going to write a complaint letter.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
koopahermit
koopahermit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 20:03:41 Reply

At 1/8/13 06:48 PM, Klik wrote: You see this little mother fucker? He'll beat your ass sideways and then laugh with me as we watch you bleed all over the carpet. I might just have to buy a 3DS just to use this guy.

Hey, it's the grass type Oshawott

I am hilarious and you will quote everything I say.
"Man, fuck your logic." - HomicidialFrog
"Normal people. They're so fucking weird." - Xenomit

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 20:07:14 Reply

At 1/8/13 07:43 PM, HighWay wrote:

I know right? They had the fire / fighting starter for three generations in a row. Gee, is it that hard to make it something else? You have plenty of other types to work with, and If that doesn't work, just make it fire.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
Trapex
Trapex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Writer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 22:02:00 Reply

At 1/8/13 08:07 PM, SmartyPants wrote:
At 1/8/13 07:43 PM, HighWay wrote:
I know right? They had the fire / fighting starter for three generations in a row. Gee, is it that hard to make it something else? You have plenty of other types to work with, and If that doesn't work, just make it fire.

Why would you do that when you have good ol' blandness on your side? Why not make it Fire/Psychic, Fire/Electric, Fire/Steel, Fire/Ground, etc? God forbid revolution!

...y'know, except for the 3D part.

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 22:18:20 Reply

The fire starter is very cute. Sadly it is also been R34'd to death already as a result. Oh furaffinity you so silly.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 01:20:21 Reply

At 1/8/13 10:18 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: The fire starter is very cute. Sadly it is also been R34'd to death already as a result. Oh furaffinity you so silly.

The internet sure works fast, huh?

BBS Signature
ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 01:57:50 Reply

Can't wait.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 02:13:11 Reply

I just love Chespin! But Froakie is cool too. Heck, Fennekin has even out-foxed Eevee. This is the first gen where I liked all the starters!

BBS Signature
SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 03:55:23 Reply

I... Honestly really don't like the starters this time around. Like, any of them. Fennekin is a little too cute for my tastes, and the other two just look silly in my opinion. Granted, we haven't seen evolutions yet. I'll probably end up judging based on evolutions, too, because... OK, partially because some evolutions just look cooler than others, but mainly because if they rehash Fire/Fighting again I'll refuse to pick it just like I did with Chimchar and Tepig. It's ultimately between Fennekin and Froakie, due to my eternal lingering distaste for Grass.

As for everything else, the X and Y can have many meanings. Chromosomes, sure, but also the Cartesian coordinate system, also algebraic variables, the possibilities are endless. The two new Legendaries shown... Well, I might like them in the games proper, I guess, if they get a good mythology behind them. It's too early to judge the worth of them; I thought Palkia and Dialga would be really interesting when I finally got into Gen4, but they were overshadowed in my party by Giratina; conversely, I wasn't feeling Gen5's Zekrom until I actually had Zekrom on my team. I can say that in my opinion on the designs alone, the bird is too obvious in its reference to the game's title while the deer's antlers are rather distracting between their large size and their multiple colors. The protagonists as we see them now both look really good; the male is a step in the right direction as far away from the B/W2 protagonist as you can get while still being as similar as possible to the B/W hero (which is in my opinion a good thing, since the guy in B/W was cool while I seriously disliked his palm-tree-haired replacement in its sequels), and the female... Well, the girls in B/W and B/W2 were so awesomely gorgeous that they just couldn't keep that up in the direction they were going, so it makes sense that she's so different. And I'm fine with her, the fanart that I've seen thus far has made her look pretty enough. Keeping in mind of course that we don't have official images of them aside from glimpses of the in-game character models, and of the two we've gotten a far more clear look at the male, so that when we do get a closer look at the girl, she might be far less pretty than I thought she'd be, or she might impress me by being as lovely as the B/W2 female.

Oh, and since we're apparently setting this generation in PokéFrance... Is there gonna be a surrender option in Trainer battles? Do the people there eat Froakie? Are all the Legendaries gonna all run away when you see them?

Overall, I might not like it as much as I liked early pre-release revelations of B/W, but I'm pretty sure that it's gonna be good overall, since it's a brand new Pokémon and those guys haven't put a turd in the main series yet. Well, OK, except maybe Yellow, but they still didn't know what they were doing in Gen1.

Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 06:13:11 Reply

I always wanted a pokemon game with third person perspective instead of the overlooking perspective all games have had (counting out Pokemon stadium and games like it).

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 46
Movie Buff
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 07:35:26 Reply

Dude I still haven't beaten Ruby and Saphire yet. I'll never finish these games

Still it looks good

I have a penis

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Audiophile
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 07:52:16 Reply

At 1/9/13 03:55 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Fennekin is a little too cute for my tastes

To tell you the truth, that's just what I want from the starter Pokemon. Some of the more modern starters I've found hard to adjust myself to because they didn't look like the kind that I would give a big hug if I ever saw one. I feel Nintendo have succeeded with Fennekin. Depending on its evolved forms, it might be my favourite starter Pokemon since generation III.

[ BBS Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 10:30:37 Reply

At 1/8/13 01:30 PM, malachi117 wrote: Froakie already has my heart.

I pretty much agree, and I have to say, sounds like something to be looking forward to.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 11:52:23 Reply

At 1/8/13 05:55 PM, LemonCrush wrote: Didn't Black/White 2 JUST come out?

That was probably just to hold the fans over for a while until this comes out, development for x and y must have began after the release of the original black and white.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 12:05:09 Reply

May as well just buy a 3DS, I'd like to play this and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Not keen on the starters though - from gen 3 onwards I've always chosen the water types but this time I think I'll go with fire, unless Froakie's evolutions look good. Can't wait for the battles - especially the legendary ones, they can make them even more intense with the new visuals.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 12:18:39 Reply

I like what I see here. I too am disappointed a bit in it not being released for the Wii U. At the same time however, this can surge the sales of the Nintendo 3DS come October. I see a lot of stuff coming out for the 3DS and Wii U come October and November. Nintendo has already released these two to grab the early buyers. Now time to really get the ball rolling, and this Pokemon game will be the one to do it.

Pokemon has always been a handheld experience, and Nintendo really does need something to give the 3DS that kick. This game will certainly do that. Another thing that would help would be a new Wario Land game where Waluigi would be a playable character.

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 16:06:44 Reply

Now I have to get a 3DS. I hope by the time X and Y come out the 3DS will be significantly cheaper because I hate missing out on pokemon when it's new.

SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 16:50:29 Reply

Welp, now we've got names for our new Legendaries. The deer-like Legendary is Xerneas, the bird is Yveltal, and I am currently baffled by these mouthfuls of new names. I mean, they clearly go with the X/Y theme... But the names kinda look weird, and feel a little strange on the tongue.

At 1/9/13 07:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/9/13 03:55 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Fennekin is a little too cute for my tastes
To tell you the truth, that's just what I want from the starter Pokemon. Some of the more modern starters I've found hard to adjust myself to because they didn't look like the kind that I would give a big hug if I ever saw one. I feel Nintendo have succeeded with Fennekin. Depending on its evolved forms, it might be my favourite starter Pokemon since generation III.

I guess that the unevolved forms of the starters kinda have tended towards "cute" in the past, admittedly. Where I draw the line between "awesome" and "saccharine" might well be ridiculously nebulous to some other people. I prefer my Pokémon to look strong instead of cute, but maybe that'll come with evolutions. Either way, from where it stands now, Fennekin is my favorite of the starters, and it'll end up being my choice as long as its evolutions don't join Infernape and Emboar in beating a dead Rapidash.

Kytraal
Kytraal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 16:56:32 Reply

I haven't played pokemon since the 3rd generation but I'll buy a 3DS just for Pokemon Y.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 16:56:46 Reply

At 1/9/13 04:50 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: I prefer my PokÃf©mon to look strong instead of cute, but maybe that'll come with evolutions.

Seems likely. I wouldn't have picked Oshawott at first, but then I saw Samurott who's a fucking badass.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 18:33:15 Reply

At 1/9/13 04:56 PM, dogpup4 wrote: but then I saw Samurott who's a fucking badass.

and if you have the pokedex 3D for the 3DS, you see that Samurott has a sword. I say that adds to how badass he is

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 18:44:00 Reply

I suppose I shall be buying a 3DS in the future for this game, Chespin and Fennekin both look like great starters. As for Froakie, kind of reminds me of the frog suit from Super Mario Bros. 3. The graphics make me think of Pokemon Colosseum. Looks quite promising from the images thus far.

Request Reviews // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
kakalxlax
kakalxlax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 19:39:59 Reply

wow, pikachu wasnt that powerful since season 1, when stealing it was actually a good idea

"breathtaking 3d world", if you are playing it in the 80's

since season 2 pokemon look like some chibi shit a girl would use to decorate their bags and cellphones

what we actually need is a 3d fighting pokemon game, where you have to aim the attacks and shit

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 19:46:45 Reply

At 1/8/13 08:30 AM, simon wrote: A bit late to give people a reason to buy the 3DS, this should've been a Wii U title.

Not really, I'm not sure POCKET Monsters would be very suitable for a home console. One of the biggest appeals of Pokemon for me has been that I can catch and collect cool ass monsters, and take them anywhere.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. The graphics, I'm not so sure of, although thats probably nostalgia speaking, coming from a player of the originals. That small section when they showed the player exploring a forest looks like classic Pokemon to me though. Also, battling looks awesome.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-09 22:09:44 Reply

Genetics theme confirmed.

Pokemon X and Y

BBS Signature