00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BoneMarr0w just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pokemon X and Y

42,115 Views | 464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 07:36:14

Just announced a little over an hour ago. What does everyone think about another generation of pokemon already this time in 3D.

Video trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dADz9F3POE

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 08:06:34

A fully 3D main series Pokémon game? I don't care if the new Pokémon look even worse than 5th generation did, sign me up.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 08:30:11

A bit late to give people a reason to buy the 3DS, this should've been a Wii U title.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 08:36:46

At 1/8/13 08:30 AM, simon wrote: A bit late to give people a reason to buy the 3DS, this should've been a Wii U title.

I think a lot of the appeal with the Pokémon series is how portable it usually is which fits the 3DS perfectly.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 08:44:15

So they finally ran out of colors...

I quite liked the look of the trailer. The battles certainly seem closer to pokemon stadium's now, which is a plus for me.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 09:48:00

At 1/8/13 08:44 AM, MacDonaldFin wrote: So they finally ran out of colors...

Nah. Don't forget about diamond, pearl, ruby, sapphire, emerald. They could always go back to colors if they feel like it.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 09:48:08

GameFreak ran out of colors and decided to use chromosomes? I'll have to see more Pokemon before I get it.

3D looks alright, but the new designs are bad. I was thinking that when Gen V was coming out so maybe they'll grow on me.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 11:39:35

You know it's time to quit leeching off a series when you can't even come up with a word to put in the title.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 11:55:04

At 1/8/13 08:30 AM, simon wrote: A bit late to give people a reason to buy the 3DS, this should've been a Wii U title.

At least now I don't feel my 3DS is a waste. I wanted more than a remake and a bunch of Mario games so this makes me happy. Although I didn't get the Black/White sequels, I do look forward to this. Personally I find the starters to look more and more weird after each generation but out of the three the fire one is my favourite.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 11:58:02

The world screen is incredibly ugly. The 3DS clearly isn't up to a fully 3D Pokemon game, because it looks horribly upscaled and generally shit.

Battles look nice, though.

Probably won't buy day one. Didn't even finish Black and White 2 so I'll leave it a while until I've regained some interest in the series.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 12:18:17

I really hope X and Y are placement names because actually calling a game that is fucking dumb.

but that fire starter tho.

Pokemon X and Y

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 12:32:07

I still wish they made a pokemon game for consoles and/or PC. I think it would do very well.

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"

-The Nightwatchman

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 12:42:45

Oh for fuck's sake.
Gamefreak is actually doing something different with the series and all you guys can say "it looks shit"?

Yep, I'm on the internet alright.

By the way...
Hoenn confirmed.
Overworld in 3D confirmed.
One of the protags has a gym.
Paris confirmed.
Me using Froakie once the game's out and have enough money confirmed.
Me talking bullshit confirmed(?)

Pokemon X and Y

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 12:51:53

Also a theory on why it's called X and Y.
Get ready to get your mind blown.

-X and Y
-3rd version Z
-XYZ
-3D coordinates
-3DS

Some also say it's because of genetics.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 13:06:31

Not sure really, feels a bit early for gen VI. Like TheMaster, I think the overworld just looks a bit shit. I do like the 3D Pokemon though - was worried they'd look a bit plastic like in Pokemon Stadium and Colosseum, glad they still look cartoon like. I'd prefer it if, for the overworld, they just stuck with the Black and White style.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 13:21:04

It's about time. I thought we'd never get a 3DS title.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 13:22:51

At 1/8/13 01:06 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Not sure really, feels a bit early for gen VI.

It just "feels" like it. They release a new generation every 3-4 years.
I agree with you though.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 13:30:30

Froakie already has my heart.

The fire starter looks nice to though, I'm pretty excited to play through another Pokemon adventure.

Also, HOENN!

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 14:09:07

At 1/8/13 12:18 PM, HighWay wrote: I really hope X and Y are placement names because actually calling a game that is fucking dumb.

Once you used; Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, and White, I don't think there's much else you can call it. Violet? Turquoise?

regarding the game itself though, I'm looking forward to seeing what the evolutions of the starters look like.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 14:33:18

At 1/8/13 11:55 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wanted more than a remake and a bunch of Mario games so this makes me happy.

That is very true, the only games I've really touched on the 3DS is Zelda and Mario - I still feel I got more out of it than the Vita though. Honestly I'm worried that the Wii U is heading in the same direction (no games) and Pokemon could've got it some more attention.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 14:55:06

At 1/8/13 02:33 PM, simon wrote: Honestly I'm worried that the Wii U is heading in the same direction (no games) and Pokemon could've got it some more attention.

I'm surprised Nintendo haven't put out a console Pokemon game. A proper one I mean, not stuff like Stadium. I reckon that Pokemon would work quite will with Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon style visuals on a console. I haven't really followed Pokemon since the Ruby/Sapphire days and even then I was starting to lose interest. If I had a 3DS though I'd definitely be picking this up. I'd love to see what they did with a 3D Pokemon game.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 15:28:03

I'm just surprised that a 6th gen is already underway. The idea of a 3D pokemon world sounds pretty awesome, but a 6th gen already? I dunno, it seems a little early for me...

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 15:30:35

As usual
NEW NINTENDO RELATED SOMETHING IS COMING OUT, TIME TO IGNORE EVERYTHING AND TRY TO LOOK FOR ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY DISPLEASING NO MATTER HOW SUPERFICIAL.
USING "X" AND "Y"? WOW THAT SURE SOUNDS DUMB THIS GAME IS GONNA BE STUPID LOL ECKSBAWKSPEESTHREEPEESEEMASTURRAICE

At 1/8/13 02:33 PM, simon wrote:
At 1/8/13 11:55 AM, Bahamut wrote: I wanted more than a remake and a bunch of Mario games so this makes me happy.
That is very true, the only games I've really touched on the 3DS is Zelda and Mario - I still feel I got more out of it than the Vita though. Honestly I'm worried that the Wii U is heading in the same direction (no games) and Pokemon could've got it some more attention.

The 3rd party support Nintendo is getting was one of the main things that hyped the wii U up, i thought there aren't any games on it's way, especially when the gamepad technology is as good as it is and the graphics capabilities are finally more than well enough to work for. I do wish this was a Wii U title however, on the other hand, if this is a 3DS title, then a Pokemon console title may very well be on it's way. With what the Wii U can do now, it may very well be the greatest pokemon game ever made. Or at least, a DIFFERENT pokemon game, like, you know, one where you can actually fight with the pokemon like characters, something we've all wanted for so long..

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 15:32:01

At 1/8/13 12:51 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Also a theory on why it's called X and Y.
Get ready to get your mind blown.

-X and Y
-3rd version Z
-XYZ
-3D coordinates
-3DS

Also, this is definitely why its X and Y(and later Z)

This just makes no sense whatsoever

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 15:33:23

That is looking pretty good I have to admit. I like that they finally made the step towards full 3D environments.

Those starter Pokemon look kinda meh, but the legendary ones (I'm guessing) look good.

At 1/8/13 02:55 PM, Dean wrote: I'm surprised Nintendo haven't put out a console Pokemon game. A proper one I mean, not stuff like Stadium.

Well there was Colosseum for the Gamecube which had its own story. I don't know if its any good though, I've heard mixed reviews.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 16:03:19

YES! I cannot wait. The only thing that bothers me is that the Pokemon get cuter and cuter. I mean they might as well be fuckin' neopets.
Still gonna buy doe

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 16:28:16

Fuck yes! This has been my dream ever since this happened with Zelda games and I first played pokemon gold. Here's exactly what i though "I wonder i pokemon will ever be like Zelda ocarina of time?" Those starters look like wimps but might be like torchic. Look like a pussy, becomes an uber listed pokemon, even still people may complain about this but I think it's great. Big whoop no colors, and? I honestly don't care, so long as the game is good, I can't fucking wait!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 16:29:57

I'm surprised Nintendo haven't put out a console Pokemon game.

Yeah you're right, chances are there will be one in the near future and this and that console game will connect somehow.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 16:41:04

At 1/8/13 03:32 PM, Lionelion wrote:

This just makes no sense whatsoever

As in the sex chromosones, X and Y. Dimensions is more likely though.

I'd go for the grass type this time around. I chose Mudkip for gen 3, Pignite in gen 5, and Chespin looks good for gen 6.

Response to Pokemon X and Y 2013-01-08 17:05:39

First of all, it is a bit early for a generation 6. Second, I'm not really digging the starters like I did with previous generations, they seem a bit meh when compared with other starters. Third, the battle scenes remind me of Stadium, which is a good thing. I'll consider picking this up when it comes out.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

Sig by Homicidee

BBS Signature