New Topic Respond to this Topic
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 10:14 PM Reply

I wonder if it will introduce more or less than Generation II did (100).

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
iamjoe666
iamjoe666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 9th, 2013 @ 11:00 PM Reply

looks decent, if i had a damn 3ds, i understand the pocket concept but console would of been dope

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:59 AM Reply

I love Pokemon and all..... but the new 6th generation Pokemon SUCK BIG, FAT, BALLS!

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
Kytraal
Kytraal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 10:36 AM Reply

At 1/9/13 10:09 PM, Chdonga wrote: Genetics theme confirmed.

I wonder if Deoxys makes a comeback since it is a DNA pokemon.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 10:36 AM, Kytraal wrote:
At 1/9/13 10:09 PM, Chdonga wrote: Genetics theme confirmed.
I wonder if Deoxys makes a comeback since it is a DNA pokemon.

I hope it's not an event Pokemon, never liked the sound of those. I don't know how I could complete a Pokedex - my DS hasn't been compatible with any of the wifi routers I've had so trading's also out of the question.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:25 PM Reply

These games sound like they'll bring a lovely start to the sixth generation of Pokemon. There are many handheld games I need to get my hands on but unfortunately like every other PC accessory my brother has broke our speakers and headphones somehow on accident in the same day. So my fortunes will be buying elsewhat.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 03:39 PM Reply

Everybody seems to be saying that it's too soon for the game since the last generation but they've stuck to the same style for far too long and although the games are selling, I see people complaining about it all of the time. I think bringing a bit shift out sooner rather than later is exactly what the franchise needs.

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 04:32 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 02:54 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I hope it's not an event Pokemon, never liked the sound of those. I don't know how I could complete a Pokedex - my DS hasn't been compatible with any of the wifi routers I've had so trading's also out of the question.

I never liked event pokemon either. I remember when Zoroark was an event pokemon, I didn't bother with the event, instead I obtained mine from a trade. Took the easy way out on that one.

"It's taking all my might to restrain from dick riding." - HomicidalFrog

BBS Signature
Demonbrunch
Demonbrunch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 07:06 PM Reply

At 1/8/13 08:30 AM, simon wrote: A bit late to give people a reason to buy the 3DS, this should've been a Wii U title.

Yes. Because if it were a WiiU title, then Pokemon X and Y would be about Pokemon who catch and train humans to do battles for them, and evolve them by giving them meth and steroids.

I can edit my signature at will, but I can't edit my post. The hell, Newgrounds?

punchoutking
punchoutking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 08:37 PM Reply

i dunno about you guys but this new turn their taking looks frikin AWESOME. i love the new fire starter.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 10:15 PM Reply

Found a video with the starter evolutions.

They all look a tad generic. B/W had better evolutions in my opinion. Based on this, Froakie has the overall best design, but Chespin has the best final evolution.

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 10th, 2013 @ 10:42 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 10:15 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Found a video with the starter evolutions.

They all look a tad generic. B/W had better evolutions in my opinion. Based on this, Froakie has the overall best design, but Chespin has the best final evolution.

I think the grass starter looks better as an armadillo than some mole with a tree on its back.

BBS Signature
Ajiryn
Ajiryn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 12:34 AM Reply

The starters don't seem too bad... I dropped off with Soul Silver, but I think I might actually get back into the series with this.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 04:42 AM Reply

Honestly I don't know why people are saying it is too soon for a new generation. Sure many were probably expecting a remake to come first but let's face it it is a remake that adds in graphical improvements and the new pokemon from the generations not present before during the games original release. I would much rather have a new generation because it means we are getting a new game we have never played before.

New games > Remakes.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 03:46 PM Reply

At 1/10/13 10:15 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Found a video with the starter evolutions.

Sorry, I think those were fake. They looked a bit off if you looked closely. Sorry about that.

Osyris
Osyris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Ugh, I am going to loathe this new generation even more then 5, which admittedly wasn't that bad.

I only like it for the 3D. It seems like the new gen Pokemon look even worse then the fifth generation ones, which is saying something.

The names are unoriginal. X and Y? Adults buying the game might get the wrong idea. You could of tried Amethyst and Aquamarine.

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 11th, 2013 @ 08:54 PM Reply

At 1/11/13 03:46 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:

Sorry, I think those were fake. They looked a bit off if you looked closely. Sorry about that.

I had my doubts about Chespin but his evolutions actually look good and the fire starter (forgot the name) also has a good chain. Froakie and his chain are just plain terrible though.

Kytraal
Kytraal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 08:02 AM Reply

I hope it will be one of the harder pokemon games and have some higher level trainers so it isn't like 3rd gen when there were no trainers over level 50.

Pa4oo
Pa4oo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 06:49 PM Reply

this is gonna be awesome

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 07:42 PM Reply

I wish Nintendo would reveal more games in this fashion. When they reveal everything at E3/etc..., we all get our hopes up, and everyone expects something different, and Nintendo can;t do everything in one show.

Leave one big bombshell for E3, but make a few random surprise announcements like this. If tis was more common the winter months wouldn't be so boring.

SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 12th, 2013 @ 09:37 PM Reply

I'm crossing my fingers, hoping the pokemon look cool.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 01:48 AM Reply

Well, now im definitely choosing the water type again.
Wonder what the typings are gonna be for the starters. Will they remain pure, or become double types? Probably double-types, but ya never know

SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 03:47 AM Reply

At 1/12/13 08:02 AM, Kytraal wrote: I hope it will be one of the harder pokemon games and have some higher level trainers so it isn't like 3rd gen when there were no trainers over level 50.

Amen to that. I like to see things keep going up after the villain plot and League distraction are over. B/W did pretty well at that, having a part of the Unova region sealed off until the player had beaten the Elite Four, with Trainers there having high-level Pokémon.

Wonder what the level grinding strategy will be this time? I liked the thing they had at least in Platinum... But I liked Audino grinding even better, at least when the game wasn't trolling me with that annoying Emolga. Another reason that Gen5 was the best gen so far, in my opinion, and I'd like to see Gen6 here top it.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 02:22 PM Reply

At 1/13/13 01:48 AM, Lionelion wrote: Well, now im definitely choosing the water type again.
Wonder what the typings are gonna be for the starters. Will they remain pure, or become double types? Probably double-types, but ya never know

Fennekin better not grow into a Fire/Fighting type, the previous three generations have done so. Pure Fire or possibly adding in a second type that isn't fighting or flying as those have both been done before.

At 1/13/13 03:47 AM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 1/12/13 08:02 AM, Kytraal wrote: I hope it will be one of the harder pokemon games and have some higher level trainers so it isn't like 3rd gen when there were no trainers over level 50.
Amen to that. I like to see things keep going up after the villain plot and League distraction are over. B/W did pretty well at that, having a part of the Unova region sealed off until the player had beaten the Elite Four, with Trainers there having high-level PokÃf©mon.

I actually enjoyed that since it kept up a challenge until you were ready to face the Elite Four. Funny how you can only truly beat them after beating N and Ghestis. Would be nice seeing Gen VI trying to pull off something close to that where you face the leaders of the villainous teams before facing the Elite Four, and even better if you continue to face them for a bit afterwards.

Wonder what the level grinding strategy will be this time? I liked the thing they had at least in Platinum... But I liked Audino grinding even better, at least when the game wasn't trolling me with that annoying Emolga.

Give the Pokemon a Lucky Egg and you were good to go for Audino grinding.

Another reason that Gen5 was the best gen so far, in my opinion, and I'd like to see Gen6 here top it.

I hope for this too.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Dr-Boo
Dr-Boo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 06:33 PM Reply

You know I was kind of dreading a new Pokemon game since I didn't care much for Black and White, but X & Y look like they're going to be terrific. Can't wait until they're released!

Check out my site! DuctileCreations

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 06:36 PM Reply

Another one? Wow, when will they die out already eh? I mean, I love the crap out of Pokemon but it doesn't need a billion freaking Pokemon and ass tons of minigames. I say just make a remake of the 1st-4th gen games and enhance the combat experience, it didn't need a 5th and it sure as hell doesn't need a 6th gen of "new" Pokemon. When they started to not even look like animals anymore, it was time to stop. Even if one could forgive the horrible Pokemon designs, there's still just not enough types to keep making new ones, because eventually there's gonna be 4 or 5 Pokemon with the exact same typing and nothing that really separates one from another except stats and in that case, one would clearly be better than the other.

Well, I don't really know, I guess I'll have to wait until they actually reveal them. But 5th didn't seem necessary and I doubt this one will either. It starts losing appeal real real fast after awhile, kinda like how a lot of people hate Family Guy now if they found it funny a long time ago, the formula just can't sustain itself.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 1/13/13 06:36 PM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
Well, I don't really know, I guess I'll have to wait until they actually reveal them. But 5th didn't seem necessary and I doubt this one will either. It starts losing appeal real real fast after awhile, kinda like how a lot of people hate Family Guy now if they found it funny a long time ago, the formula just can't sustain itself.

This isn't a T.V show. The design of the Pokémon is subjective, lots of people love the newer gens more than the old ones. Multiplayer, especially on line multiplayer goes hand in hand with this sort of game. You may not think so, but lots of little touches help make game stand out from each other, and overall improve the experience.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 12:02 PM Reply

At 1/12/13 09:37 PM, SmartyPants wrote: I'm crossing my fingers, hoping the pokemon look cool.

It's pokemon, so if there's only 50 new pokemon and they're all evos, prevos, and legendaries I'll still buy it and love it. I just hope Fennekin isn't a Fire/Fighting type.

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Oh god that looks terrible

BBS Signature
SmartyPants
SmartyPants
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Reader
Response to Pokemon X and Y Jan. 14th, 2013 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 1/14/13 12:02 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 1/12/13 09:37 PM, SmartyPants wrote: I'm crossing my fingers, hoping the pokemon look cool.
It's pokemon, so if there's only 50 new pokemon and they're all evos, prevos, and legendaries I'll still buy it and love it. I just hope Fennekin isn't a Fire/Fighting type.

I'm the kinda guy who picks the most badass looking pokemon to complete the game with. I don't think they would make another fire/fighting type. They did it three times, surely they would not not do it a fourth time.

BBS Signature