00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

School shooting, 27 people dead

32,960 Views | 528 Replies

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 16:53:27

At 12/19/12 04:43 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/19/12 04:34 PM, DivinumX wrote: Laws only abide to people who follow them. Just like anything that is illegal, criminals do not care and will find a way to get them.
There are still people in here who don't quite understand that concept

Yes, criminals break laws so we should just abolish all laws. FLAWLESS LOGIC

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 16:58:01

At 12/19/12 04:34 PM, DivinumX wrote: Laws only abide to people who follow them. Just like anything that is illegal, criminals do not care and will find a way to get them.

Agreed. We should just embrace total anarchy. Who needs laws anyway?

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 17:00:02

At 12/19/12 04:56 PM, Xenomit wrote:
No, the laws we have in place keep as many people as possible from getting guns. No matter what, people will illegally get guns. There are no if's and's or but's about it. Banning guns will only keep good people from getting them and make it so criminals can get them.

Can I stop you right there Aristotle, NO the laws you have in place at the moment make it PRETTY FUCKING EASY for anyone to obtain a gun. If they were illegal then granted, some criminals might get their hands on them, but you shouldn't dream of going all rambo and taking on criminals anyway, what you do it call the cops or army and you don't take the law into your own hands.

However, when you make guns illegal, all the nutjobs with mental problems won't have the option to go out on a rampage with a gun their mum bought from wallmart.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 17:07:37

oh this topic is still going on?

Without reading, is it still a debate about banning guns like it was 20 pages ago?

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 17:58:08

At 12/19/12 05:56 PM, dem0lecule wrote: And you and Tony felt for it? Oh wait, you two are crazy batshit.

no I'm not just because I exercise my constitutional rights and don't want them tread upon doesn't make me batshit insane.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 18:34:58

I like MonthlyVolatile. I don't wanna hear any 'nobody likes' from Xenomit lol

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 18:45:25

i mean 27:1 is a pretty good KD though if you ask me

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 18:46:06

At 12/19/12 06:39 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/19/12 06:34 PM, Otto wrote: I like MonthlyVolatile. I don't wanna hear any 'nobody likes' from Xenomit lol
Despite the fact that more people have looked at me and had the mentality to declare that they like me.

And that this happened only 2 days after the friend system was introduced.

You should print that list out and show all the people in your town and maybe a network will want to see

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 19:09:04

Here we go.
Here we fucking go...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzTlkAGNIE

That's right I like guns and ponies. NO NEW GUN CONTROL.

Politically correct is anything that leftists believe.Politically incorrect is anything common sense.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-19 19:10:23

This thread better get back on-topic.
I was having a good time ignoring the pro/anti gun debate, there doesn't need to be fights about who-has-more-friends-than-who in here as well.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 02:43:41

At 12/19/12 04:08 PM, Xenomit wrote:
So you are COMPLETELY FINE with the idea of a bunch of animals charging into your house, and taking what you have rightfully gained through hard work and time, just because you happen to fall under the political influence of the nation?

That mentality is what I'm questioning.

1) We aren't talking about animals, we are talking about government workers who are being paid to follow government orders, and would lose their jobs if they didn't. It's not like they are breaking in here, no doubt you would be aware that they were coming and would have written notice.

2) I specifically said I was NOT fine with this. That isn't the issue- the difference here is in how we would go about dealing with it. While I would look for a non-violent solution, you state you would go on a killing spree and apparently feel no remorse whatsoever. Which is the difference between us, and one of the reasons so many people end up getting shot in the USA. That mentality is certainly more to blame than the current gun laws judging by the statistics that I looked at and you have been posting.

So the culture is what needs changing, and that isn't easy. Mass advertising campaigns like those now used for drink driving and smoking may help, showing the impact of killing someone both on the shooter and the family of deceased. I still feel that the US government would be wrong to sit back and do nothing with homicide statistics as they are.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 02:45:49

At 12/14/12 01:09 PM, Dragen wrote: I was just recently reading about a school shooting survivor on reddit and then I saw on the TV what people say "could be the worst school shooting in history" or in the USA.

if that guy wasnt dead id take my happy ass over there and punch him in the balls

people like that dont deserve to breed

and seriously they were mostly kindergarteners

the fuck was his issue

QuakeNet channel #newgrounds.com! Stop by and say hey.

-- sedrosken, formerly known as MR-DOS

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 09:08:58

At 12/19/12 06:34 PM, Otto wrote: I like MonthlyVolatile. I don't wanna hear any 'nobody likes' from Xenomit lol

MonthlyVolatile comes across very articulate and reasoned. As for Xenomit, you have come out with some absolute bullshit these past few pages. You're doing nothing for your cause.

Here are a few of my personal favourites! x

At 12/19/12 03:22 PM, Xenomit wrote: I'd shoot and kill anyone forcefully coming into my house to take something of mine.
At 12/19/12 03:42 PM, Xenomit wrote: You can keep that massive government cock stuffed way up your pussy.
At 12/19/12 03:54 PM, Xenomit wrote: Yeah, that's the thing, I don't consider human life that precious.
At 12/19/12 03:46 PM, Xenomit wrote: you europeans can keep that government cock shoved up your ass. America didn't fight for it's freedom only to have a bunch of hippies take over the government.
At 12/19/12 07:10 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: This thread better get back on-topic.
I was having a good time ignoring the pro/anti gun debate, there doesn't need to be fights about who-has-more-friends-than-who in here as well.

Honestly TurkeyOnAStick, arguing with these 2 muppets has been the most interesting thing I've been involved with on these forums for a good while, sadly. There's something strangely hypnotic about arguing with someone who is so persistent and childish as Tony / Xenomit.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 09:11:52

As disgusting as it is for a shooting to be held at a school.

There are people (WBC) who think the shooter did the right thing, which actually makes me sick in the stomach every time I hear about it.

This planet is fucked, I tell you.

"Music is like candy, you need to throw out the rappers" - Google (or something)

MCFC since birth.

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 11:08:30

At 12/20/12 02:49 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 12/20/12 02:43 AM, Sentio wrote: 1) We aren't talking about animals
You're denying that humans are animals?

Oh come on, that is just being pedantic for the sake of it. You know full well the point I was trying to make.

Actually, much of the gun violence tends to be domestic problems, namely bad parenting.

There is plenty of that here in the UK though. Still very little gun violence. I'd suggest that people from difficult backgrounds here are more self destructive than mass destructive.

Many situations are harder to deal with than others.

Think of a highschool. It has an open campus, and students are allowed to leave during breaks and lunch, but because 10% of the kids that drive have wrecks, they close open campus. It allows drinks to be taken to class, but because a few kids decide to sneak vodka in, they ban drinks.

The mistakes of the few should not and will not reflect on the mass of the people.

Unfortunately the mistakes of those few can have far reaching consequences on the mass of the people though. Just ask the families of the innocent victims of Sandy Hook. If I were one of the sensible masses I would still want something done to prevent further killing sprees like this. At least we can agree that attempting to change the gun culture is a better idea than trying to restrict guns.

At 12/20/12 09:28 AM, 24901miles wrote:
If the teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School were allowed to carry firearms, there would be only two casualties.

Confident of that are you? You know that the teachers would want to shoot another human being, and wouldn't miss? You know that the gunman wouldn't shoot them first? It's possible that there would have been as few as two victims. It is also possible that there would still have been 27.

Arming teachers still really bothers me. I just don't see how someone who's job description is to help and look after people can do that and then willingly kill someone else. Especially if that someone was a student that they taught. If it were me, even if a student was pointing a gun at me my reaction would be to try and talk them down, not shoot them. You are just too emotionally involved to kill them.

A better idea would be armed security rather than armed teachers. At least shooting to kill would be a legitimate part of their job description.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 11:20:16

I'll give up my assault rifles when Obama gives up his. Sounds fair.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 12:09:33

I would be much against the ban of firearms if I was an American.

Citizens without guns would be much easier to control than citizens with guns.

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 13:39:09

I should really quit stirring the pot with you guys here.. but just wondered in what way you are going to spin and discredit this to fit your own unfounded viewpoint.

School shooting, 27 people dead

BBS Signature

Response to School shooting, 27 people dead 2012-12-20 13:49:58

if i really have to provide a stance, i would say it is likely that the answer is not that simple. you can't just look at one varible to access the whole situation. there are bound to be other factors (might be much more significant than gun laws) that affect the crime rate. the situation might be more complicated than you think. even if you obtain a set of reliable data that tells you gun laws and crime rate are indeed causally related to each other, it is likely that the conclusion cannot be simply generalised to other countries due to the fudamental differences in the structure, economicsculture and so on.

thus, i remain neutral.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.