00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TecNoir just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dark Souls 2!

29,327 Views | 330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 06:36:22

The dark fantasy rpg has returned!

May the flames guide thee, chosen undead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPJaJ5ys_G0&feature=g-subs-bu l

Take my money fromsoft!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 08:48:46

Praise the Sun!

seriously,the first one took nearly 200 hours of my life

Dark Souls 2!

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 10:06:04

Shouldn't it technically be Demon's Souls 3?

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 14:18:46

my ass will be rammed wih death once again

follow me to the promised land

I hope I'm not stinking up the place with my superior logic

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 14:24:53

I can't wait for this game. Although people are already shitting on its trailer saying DS isn't supposed to have pre rendered cutscenes and shiny footage and all that. And with comments from the new dev's saying about how its going to be more " direct " people are assuming its going to suck hard. Apparently everything in the Souls series needs to be completely obscure and confusing as shit.

Honestly, my biggest complaint with Dark souls was that it just dropped you right in with hardly any explanation of what is going on in the game. Only a basic description of combat, no real blooming of plot or story. I think this game can only get better being more direct.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 15:52:36

I'm hoping it'll be glorious. I mean, I'm not sure if From Software can really make the same type of game three times and rake in more success, but we'll find out. I liked Demon's Souls more, personally, but I'm glad that they're giving it another shot.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 16:49:07

At 12/8/12 02:24 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
Honestly, my biggest complaint with Dark souls was that it just dropped you right in with hardly any explanation of what is going on in the game. Only a basic description of combat, no real blooming of plot or story. I think this game can only get better being more direct.

The game has a really deep plot, but you have to look for it. Dark Souls doesn't hold your hand; not in gameplay, not in story. Look up some Lore videos on Youtube and see what I mean.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 16:53:52

At 12/8/12 02:24 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Honestly, my biggest complaint with Dark souls was that it just dropped you right in with hardly any explanation of what is going on in the game. Only a basic description of combat, no real blooming of plot or story. I think this game can only get better being more direct.

No. Absolutely not. The audience From software has was built on the identity the first two games established. These games are about finding the game for yourself and being truly immersed in it. This means no retarded tutorial sessions where the game finds some contrived, bullshit reason to hold your hand when it's not even that complex to start with. It also means no exposition cutscenes again holding your hand through the story. The ambiguity of the Souls series is part of its identity and any steps toward being more 'direct' are just another step toward being a watered down, hack and slash for casuals that features 7 QTEs per boss battle.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 16:59:24

At 12/8/12 04:53 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
No.

So what you're saying is that you like half completed games.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 17:00:38

At 12/8/12 04:59 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
No.

Yup, you're trolling, everybody move along now.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 17:07:48

No.

I don't like when retarded casuals who are out of their depth actual end up influencing good games.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 17:16:24

At 12/8/12 05:07 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
No.
I don't like when retarded casuals who are out of their depth actual end up influencing good games.

Implying im a casual because I have pretty much ONE complaint about this game. That's good logic you got there.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 17:35:30

At 12/8/12 05:16 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
Implying im a casual because I have pretty much ONE complaint about this game. That's good logic you got there.

Your complaint equates to someone watching the film 'Memento' and saying

"You know what, that would've been a good movie if they had just put it in the right order"

No one takes that idiot's opinion seriously because the disjointed story is the movie's identity. Ambiguity is the Soul series' identity. Not to mention your complaint has no substance to it because the story is there. It's there in character dialogue and item descriptions which i'm sure you didn't even bother to look for. People always want more exploration in games and when a game gives them the incentive to explore they complain and moan because suddenly it's just too much work to play the game to its fullest.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 20:35:57

At 12/8/12 05:35 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 12/8/12 05:16 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
Your complaint equates to someone watching the film 'Memento' and saying

"You know what, that would've been a good movie if they had just put it in the right order"

No one takes that idiot's opinion seriously because the disjointed story is the movie's identity. Ambiguity is the Soul series' identity. Not to mention your complaint has no substance to it because the story is there. It's there in character dialogue and item descriptions which i'm sure you didn't even bother to look for. People always want more exploration in games and when a game gives them the incentive to explore they complain and moan because suddenly it's just too much work to play the game to its fullest.

Yes, becuase I don't read the text or check every possible character dialogue. No, I do as well as explore every area I can.

The point is that there is no immersion. Or do you think that conversing with THE blandest character's that have awful generic personalities and only 5 dialogue options that end with " neh heh heh heh " immersive?

Or better yet, since you're such a hardcore gamer grrrr, I'm sure it only took you 5 seconds to figure out the controls and how everything worked anyway. So what harm would it really do to actually introduce you to it right off? If a casual, for whatever reason, decided to get this, they would be satisfied with it and even hardcore gamers worth their weight in salt would have figured it out fast anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 20:55:12

At 12/8/12 08:35 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Yes, becuase I don't read the text or check every possible character dialogue. No, I do as well as explore every area I can.

Don't blame the game because you're lazy and can't actually be bothered to play it.

The point is that there is no immersion. Or do you think that conversing with THE blandest character's that have awful generic personalities and only 5 dialogue options that end with " neh heh heh heh " immersive?

Yeah no, you're literally just that stupid you might as well not even say you played the game.

Or better yet, since you're such a hardcore gamer grrrr, I'm sure it only took you 5 seconds to figure out the controls and how everything worked anyway.

Yes I did because i've played a video game before and am not mentally challenged.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 20:57:32

At 12/8/12 08:55 PM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 12/8/12 08:35 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Yes, becuase I don't read the text or check every possible character dialogue. No, I do as well as explore every area I can.
Don't blame the game because you're lazy and can't actually be bothered to play it.

Yeah no, you're literally just that stupid you might as well not even say you played the game.

Or better yet, since you're such a hardcore gamer grrrr, I'm sure it only took you 5 seconds to figure out the controls and how everything worked anyway.
Yes I did because i've played a video game before and am not mentally challenged.

Well apparently you can't read and so far your argument has been nothing but " you stupid lol " and " wahhh im a faggot and don't like change "

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-08 22:08:03

At 12/8/12 08:57 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Well apparently you can't read and so far your argument has been nothing but " you stupid lol " and " wahhh im a faggot and don't like change "

How is it a change? It's watering down the experience

Why don't you just stick to Elder Scrolls where you can kill everything in one hit and can have your 'Move the right analog stick up to look up' tutorials.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-09 12:32:14

At 12/8/12 02:24 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Honestly, my biggest complaint with Dark souls was that it just dropped you right in with hardly any explanation of what is going on in the game. Only a basic description of combat, no real blooming of plot or story. I think this game can only get better being more direct.

If you need some help with it just get the strategy guide that is thick as an atlas,trust me it helps a major deal.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-10 11:59:01

This game is going to be seriously amazing guys!

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-11 06:27:26

I love Dark Souls, it is easily one of my favorite games of all-time. The only problems I have with Dark Souls are these:

1) Keyboard controls are bad, if you play on a PC you need a gamepad.
2) I wish you could have some sort of an organized PvP system, one in which you could fight with your friends easier.
3) More in depth covenants.

Those are the only complaints I had with the game, and I am excited for the next!

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-12 03:08:58

At 12/8/12 08:48 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote: Praise the Sun!

seriously,the first one took nearly 200 hours of my life

PRETTY MUCH,

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-12 10:21:38

Don't read the text? Why play RPGs?

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-12 12:25:54

At 12/12/12 10:21 AM, Ceratisa wrote: Don't read the text? Why play RPGs?

There is a online petition for Dark Souls 2 to come to the Wii U.

I speculate it probably WILL happen eventually, my source is.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/11/petition-started-aski ng-for-dark-souls-ii-on-wii-u

I think the hand/controller tablet would be ideal for inventory, since you cannot pause while you are sifting through your items.

This could be a perk...

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-16 08:19:43

Well guys my hype has been stifled greatly after reading the recent Edge magazine interview article.

Miyazaki will have no part in the design of the game, my hero... has fallen.

It's Final Fantasy-Sakaguchi all over again.

Manly tears.

The article-
http://imgur.com/a/q34ES

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-16 13:50:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0LXzDfLKs
They might be killing it, guys. Don't get your hopes up about the quality of this one.

welcum 2 da teem shieky

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2012-12-16 14:16:03

At 12/16/12 01:50 PM, JmdMagic wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0LXzDfLKs
They might be killing it, guys. Don't get your hopes up about the quality of this one.

I'm waiting to see actual gameplay before I make any preemptive judgement. Some of the things they're talking about, like adding vehicles or whatever, seem bad on the face of it but if it means they are expanding the scope of the exploration then who knows. I hope for the best though and as long as the game retains its atmosphere and its identity then I don't care how much filler they add.

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2013-06-03 22:37:50

So, I really felt like bumping this with new relevant information.

First of all, while browsing a Dark Souls forum I discovered this image which is located right outside the E3 building, so I'm taking it as official. March 2014 is our due date gentlemen.

Second, if you have not seen the gameplay reveal for DKSII you can do so here. It was a month ago so I'm sure if you cared you've seen it but I wanted to link it.

Next, if you want a few DKS related youtube channels to check out for more engrossing conversation (since this forum is so dead) you can check out EpicNameBro, VaatiVidya, and Sansvie who is a japanese user who specializes in uploading PvP videos of varying situations.

Lastly, attached is the official cover art for the game.

Is anyone stoked for this game? I know my opening post was less than excited, but with all the information shown to us it's looking like my worries were ill placed. Judging from the gameplay footage Fromsoft are completely revamping the game engine, which means much more smooth framerate (fuck Blight Town) and 1080p. The environments shown all look terrifying and gorgeous, the enemies AI seems to be improved and their design just as fantasy as ever, poise is making a return, a new system for magic was implemented allowing for it to lvl up however I'm unsure as to the mechanics so far, and the top left corner shows a strange paradigm symbol which may be the new system of humanity for the game.

They've also said that dedicated servers are making a come back so hopefully we can expect less lag.

Dark Souls 2!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2013-06-03 22:48:34

At 6/3/13 10:37 PM, Elixur wrote:

They've also said that dedicated servers are making a come back so hopefully we can expect less lag.

fuck YES!

I mean, I was pretty hyped and all. Now I'm a little bit more excited. Hopefully there will be some more gameplay footage.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2013-06-03 23:15:21

At 6/3/13 10:48 PM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 6/3/13 10:37 PM, Elixur wrote:

fuck YES!

I mean, I was pretty hyped and all. Now I'm a little bit more excited. Hopefully there will be some more gameplay footage.

I would expect more gameplay footage at Tokyo Game Show, but I may be wrong.

Also since a couple of my links earlier in the thread are outdated I thought I would re-link them so people are not confused.

This is the trailer and here is a breakdown I 100% agree with.

Also here is a link to Edge where you can click to read the article I was referring to.

This image of a sinister creature that was revealed to be a boss and apparently you have the option of fighting him throughout the level rather than at the end. He is suppose to hunt down and seek out retribution against those that sin, so possibly the new form of Darkmoons? Still too early to say.

Apparently dual wielding weapons will be much more viable this time around also, since they've improved and added weapon versatility in the offhand, for those of you who like to mix it up.

Here, the character is seemingly inside a strange mausoleum of sorts where dragon skeletons surprisingly come to life.

There will also be many environmental hazards, such as this rickety old bridge with wyverns flying over head.

Dark Souls 2!

BBS Signature

Response to Dark Souls 2! 2013-06-04 12:58:43

At 6/4/13 08:25 AM, Cootie wrote: I do plan on indeed buying this game, but is the game really hard? Everyone says that the game is brutally difficult, but then whenever I see gameplay it looks like all you have to do is remember the patterns that the enemies attack in and dodge accordingly.

At first, it is difficult compared to the average game nowadays. After about say 2-3 hours, you get the hang of it. It also depends on your build, your level, and if you're online or not (pvp is really big in this area).

It's not hard if you take it slow and if you're careful. People say it's a really hard game because most of them just rush through the game and would usually get greedy with boss fights.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature