Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 23:39:31 Reply

At 11/22/12 11:13 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/22/12 12:02 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 11/22/12 06:19 AM, Xenomit wrote: Yet another handheld device in a sea of useless crap
it's not a handheld device and explain your point. go on!
Not a handheld?

And I mean, there are a ton of handheld wannabes, like the psp, psvita, there's a new version of the Nintendo DS every 2 years, and so on, this looks like just another device that will never live up to it's claims, and I'm getting really weirded out at all the hype over it.

Are you really trying to compare a console to a handheld? It is not a handheld, it is a controller with a touchscreen on it. What the hell is your definition of a handheld system then? If the PSP and DS aren't handhelds, then what it?

At 11/22/12 11:14 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/22/12 11:08 PM, MeatMachine wrote: Just got my Wii U, and so far, its not a waste of money i guess.
What color is it?

And if you got the black one, how good is that Nintendoland game?

Probably one of the best mini game centric games I've ever played. My friends and I got our money's worth after 2 hours of Mario Chase. The Zelda, Metroid and Pikmin games are actually quite deep, and the solo games may not be as great, but they still shine (graphically and gameplay wise).

A must buy for anyone who gets the system.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-22 23:44:47 Reply

At 11/22/12 11:39 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Are you really trying to compare a console to a handheld?

No, I'm not comparing anything

It is not a handheld, it is a controller with a touchscreen on it.

And that's the entire system. You hold it in your hand. It's a handheld device.

Sure, you can choose to set it on your lap and play it, but you can also choose to set a psp on your lap and play it, it's still a handheld

What the hell is your definition of a handheld system then?

A gaming system in which you hold in your hands

If the PSP and DS aren't handhelds, then what it?

Uhhhh

Dude, I said that both of those things are handheld

TAB
"FUCKING LIKE A NINJAAAAAAAA" ~ Yinping
"xenomit is well... xenomit" ~ General consensus

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 00:12:38 Reply

At 11/22/12 11:44 PM, Xenomit wrote: Dude, I said that both of those things are handheld

The controller has a screen on it yes, but the console isnt handheld in the way you think. The Wii U console must be on and I dont think it can operate further than 20 feet from it. Your suppose to play it on your T.V. but in the case someone bothers you and you want to keep playing you can use the gamepad.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 00:24:32 Reply

At 11/22/12 11:44 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/22/12 11:39 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: It is not a handheld, it is a controller with a touchscreen on it.
And that's the entire system.

what

how do you

i don't even

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 00:28:48 Reply

At 11/23/12 12:12 AM, sweet21 wrote:
At 11/22/12 11:44 PM, Xenomit wrote: Dude, I said that both of those things are handheld
The controller has a screen on it yes, but the console isnt handheld in the way you think. The Wii U console must be on and I dont think it can operate further than 20 feet from it. Your suppose to play it on your T.V. but in the case someone bothers you and you want to keep playing you can use the gamepad.

Still, weather or not it's a handheld is besides the point, too many game systems are being made, I don't see the point in having a PC, a PS3 and Xbox 360, 2 different generations of DS's, a Wii and a Wii U, it's ridiculous

TAB

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 01:20:11 Reply

At 11/22/12 11:13 PM, Xenomit wrote: Not a handheld?

The idea is to be able to free up the TV whenever others want to watch it and you don't.

But I guess that won't be a problem for you since you'll be forever alone.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 01:34:53 Reply

At 11/23/12 01:20 AM, Painbringer wrote: But I guess that won't be a problem for you since you'll be forever alone.

Remember when you broke down in that other thread because you didn't have any friends? That's why.

TAB

BBS Signature
LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 02:32:56 Reply

Would it be cool if they did make a game that until would only appeared on the DS system? Think about it, a full console game making use of touchscreen controls. It would also be cool to play a game with 2 different campaigns with one on the TV and the other displayed on the controller's screen. They would also have 2 different art styles to boot.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 03:40:21 Reply

At 11/23/12 12:28 AM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/23/12 12:12 AM, sweet21 wrote:
Still, weather or not it's a handheld is besides the point, too many game systems are being made, I don't see the point in having a PC, a PS3 and Xbox 360, 2 different generations of DS's, a Wii and a Wii U, it's ridiculous

They aren't making anymore Wii games. If you want the future of nintendo CONSOLE gaming you need a Wii U. It is just like how the DS and 3DS aren't the same because you can't play 3DS games on the DS so you can't play Wii U on your Wii. Also you don't have to use the gamepad CONTROLLER for all the games. Some games have a wii remote option as well as the pro controller option. Just because it has a screen doesn't mean it is anymore of a handheld device than a xbox 360 or PS3 controller.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 11:18:04 Reply

And that's the entire system. You hold it in your hand. It's a handheld device.

No it's not. that is just the controller, you can use the wiimote or pro controller so get your facts straight before you come around saying what it isn't.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature
ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 12:32:08 Reply

At 11/22/12 11:13 PM, and pretty much any other post, Xenomit wrote: I'm afraid of change, I'm afraid of new. I'm a huge pessimist over any new thing that comes out. I'm going to assume that it's either dysfunctional, impractical or disappointing despite knowing little to nothing of what I'm talking about especially having no experience with it. All evidence that proves otherwise I will dismiss and as I run of out irrelevant misinformed reasons to back up my opinions I will nitpick to the bone so I don't make it seem like there is any good to come from the console. I simply refuse to let optimism and satisfaction be an option, please give me more COD.

That about sums it up. I hate people like you.

Anybody try to get their hands on a Wii U today? I would imagine a lot of people went hunting crazy for one of them. I'm afraid my mom had no luck, this is when she intended on getting it.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
LauriJ
LauriJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 13:03:05 Reply

Well, I am disappointed that the Wii U comes out at the end of this month. This sucks.

Mr-Anderson
Mr-Anderson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 15:47:26 Reply

Y'know what I adore about Nintendo consoles? With the 3DS, Wii, and WiiU, they've added ambient music to almost every menu on the OS. It's some fantastic stuff.

3DS
3DS
3DS
WiiU
WiiU
Wii Shop Music (classic)
Gamecube

Giantbomb, duder! Steamy.
Hotel Dusk, Ace Attorney, and Metal Gear Solid. I'm set.

Crashman
Crashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 16:42:40 Reply

I want to buy the Wii U but I've had my Wii ever since the launch date :(

XBL GT: SleepyB 408
I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 22:32:57 Reply

At 11/23/12 04:42 PM, Crashman wrote: I want to buy the Wii U but I've had my Wii ever since the launch date :(

You can transfer your wii data if you have an SD card and a connection to the internet for it.

If you are worried about the gamecube data though... well that's another story.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-23 22:51:05 Reply

At 11/23/12 03:47 PM, Mr-Anderson wrote: Y'know what I adore about Nintendo consoles? With the 3DS, Wii, and WiiU, they've added ambient music to almost every menu on the OS. It's some fantastic stuff.

I absolutely love their music! The fact that the Gamepad and the T.V make a harmony with different music is awesome!

At 11/23/12 10:32 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
At 11/23/12 04:42 PM, Crashman wrote: I want to buy the Wii U but I've had my Wii ever since the launch date :(
You can transfer your wii data if you have an SD card and a connection to the internet for it.

If you are worried about the Gamecube data though... well that's another story.

You would have to keep a Wii around for that, as the Wii U officially killed Gamecube controllers. Still, I lanked my Wii and moved all my data to the Wii U and it worked fine.

RIP Gamecube (which better be on the virtual console).
Twone
Twone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 01:25:00 Reply

Too many people I know say that the Wii U looks dumb. But... I think it's awesome.

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 06:10:40 Reply

At 11/25/12 01:25 AM, Twone wrote: Too many people I know say that the Wii U looks dumb. But... I think it's awesome.

It is very awesome indeed. It's been at least a couple of years since I have played console games for this long. Lately its been a lot of internet usage and PC gaming with occasional console gaming but lately its like I have been rejuvenated back to the days when the Wii came out and playing twilight princess all the time. I'm just always playing my Wii U now and it's not even 1 game this time. With NintendoLand NSMBU, ZombiU, and Scribblenauts I may be playing for a while longer. Really the only thing even slowing me down is the short battery life of the gamepad but even that doesn't completely get in the way given how I can play NSMBU and some nintendoland games with a wii remote so I just play those when I need to charge.

Xenomit
Xenomit
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 17:20:48 Reply

At 11/23/12 12:32 PM, ifureadthisdie wrote: That about sums it up. I hate people like you.

I hate call of duty

One of my friends already has one, I played it for a few hours, and I just don't see what's so special about it. Sure, it has a controller that has a touch screen on it, but touch screens suck. Just because I don't like something you like doesn't mean "I don't like change" ect.

TAB

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 17:54:23 Reply

At 11/25/12 05:20 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/23/12 12:32 PM, ifureadthisdie wrote: That about sums it up. I hate people like you.
I hate call of duty

One of my friends already has one, I played it for a few hours, and I just don't see what's so special about it. Sure, it has a controller that has a touch screen on it, but touch screens suck. Just because I don't like something you like doesn't mean "I don't like change" ect.

You need more than a few hours to really appreciate it, and this touchscreen is quite responsive, to stylus or finger. You don't have to like it, but don't call it a handheld for Pete's sake!

ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-27 11:54:00 Reply

What did you even play? I somehow doubt when you were playing you took it seriously enough. Judging by how you reacted here it seemed like you went in there already expecting to not like it and ONLY looked for what not to like, payed little to no attention to how well put together everything is, and not to mention it's step from it's predecessor. How could you even judge it without ever seeing it's full potential in the games to come. And the touch screen is not only crisp clear but well responsive. It really doesn't seem like you really have a proper opinion, like you're just saying it for the sake of saying it, you just refuse to give liking it a chance. I simply can't ignore that vibe from you.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-27 12:08:55 Reply

I just don't see what's so special about it.

Well in the end its not up to the peripherals, its the GAMES. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, pikmin, smash bros. all that good stuff you simply cant get anywhere else. The fact it is now powerful enought to handle modern games is a nice perk as well.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-28 18:43:36 Reply

At 11/25/12 01:25 AM, Twone wrote: Too many people I know say that the Wii U looks dumb. But... I think it's awesome.

Because those people are fanboys that irrationally debate and view things with a heavy bias towards the console of their preference. But then there are people who realize how this touchscreen adds a completely new level of depth to console gaming (lololololo Xenomit) as a multi player and single player experience. On paper, this blows my mind. I mean, the DS's had touch-screens far before the Wii u's conception, but this is clearly a different ballpark, so I won't even go into detail as to how it's different. Is this, however, a gimmick that most likely wont be carried over into most ports of HD games? That is the question on my mind that still has yet to be answered with time. I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate that the wii did, but i can really only hope.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-30 16:35:22 Reply

i hate game! (British version of game stop) i preorder the wii u and a couple of games and two wiimotes an nun chucks two months before today and they decide to be dicks and cancel my order so i don't have the wii u! luckily I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but that really just gets on my nerves.

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-30 17:53:40 Reply

So how are the load times?

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-30 22:32:23 Reply

At 11/30/12 05:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: So how are the load times?

Not as good as I'd like, but not terrible. I am comfortable with pausing and going from Mario U to the internet browser to look up star coin locations, but with slight load times in between. Not too bad.

It launches in Europe today! New people to see on Miiverse now. Also, Nintendo TVii is going to be available on December 8th for all North/South Americans! Apparently you need to pay 1$ for an app in the eshop, but still, atleast it is almost here.

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 01:42:01 Reply

At 11/30/12 04:35 PM, darkjam wrote: i hate game! (British version of game stop) i preorder the wii u and a couple of games and two wiimotes an nun chucks two months before today and they decide to be dicks and cancel my order so i don't have the wii u! luckily I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but that really just gets on my nerves.

I also lost my pre-order for my Wii U bundle, but I managed get it replaced to the Deluxe edition, also got a message that I'll apparently get mine on Monday.

Lucky me, Finland's stocks are pretty much sold out, we're getting some UK WiiU's as import versions, our power cables are apparently different.

This info is based on the store I ordered mine, not sure about few others I use though.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 11:24:56 Reply

I can't tell who has a Wii U here. All you people are leaving vague responses that are hard to tell if you have or want a Wii U.

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 12:36:53 Reply

At 12/1/12 11:24 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I can't tell who has a Wii U here. All you people are leaving vague responses that are hard to tell if you have or want a Wii U.

Well I'm supposed to get mine next week, if I'm lucky, at Monday, Tuesday is the day I'm expecting it to arrive though.

MEDIC!

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 18:58:31 Reply

At 12/1/12 11:24 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I can't tell who has a Wii U here. All you people are leaving vague responses that are hard to tell if you have or want a Wii U.

I got mine with super smash bros brawl (need my brawl!) assassins creed 3 and Nintendo land, with the deluxe edition wii u of course. my name is snoopertrooper and my u play name is troopersnooper. can somebody tell me what u play is? I went onto ac3 after setting everything up and i had to make another account for u play. i thought the wii u used Nintendo network, so what the heck is u play?

BBS Signature