00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BrunoVugl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U official hub thread.

45,224 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 06:10:40

At 11/25/12 01:25 AM, Twone wrote: Too many people I know say that the Wii U looks dumb. But... I think it's awesome.

It is very awesome indeed. It's been at least a couple of years since I have played console games for this long. Lately its been a lot of internet usage and PC gaming with occasional console gaming but lately its like I have been rejuvenated back to the days when the Wii came out and playing twilight princess all the time. I'm just always playing my Wii U now and it's not even 1 game this time. With NintendoLand NSMBU, ZombiU, and Scribblenauts I may be playing for a while longer. Really the only thing even slowing me down is the short battery life of the gamepad but even that doesn't completely get in the way given how I can play NSMBU and some nintendoland games with a wii remote so I just play those when I need to charge.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-25 17:54:23

At 11/25/12 05:20 PM, Xenomit wrote:
At 11/23/12 12:32 PM, ifureadthisdie wrote: That about sums it up. I hate people like you.
I hate call of duty

One of my friends already has one, I played it for a few hours, and I just don't see what's so special about it. Sure, it has a controller that has a touch screen on it, but touch screens suck. Just because I don't like something you like doesn't mean "I don't like change" ect.

You need more than a few hours to really appreciate it, and this touchscreen is quite responsive, to stylus or finger. You don't have to like it, but don't call it a handheld for Pete's sake!

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-27 11:54:00

One of my friends already has one, I played it for a few hours, and I just don't see what's so special about it. Sure, it has a controller that has a touch screen on it, but touch screens suck. Just because I don't like something you like doesn't mean "I don't like change" ect.

What did you even play? I somehow doubt when you were playing you took it seriously enough. Judging by how you reacted here it seemed like you went in there already expecting to not like it and ONLY looked for what not to like, payed little to no attention to how well put together everything is, and not to mention it's step from it's predecessor. How could you even judge it without ever seeing it's full potential in the games to come. And the touch screen is not only crisp clear but well responsive. It really doesn't seem like you really have a proper opinion, like you're just saying it for the sake of saying it, you just refuse to give liking it a chance. I simply can't ignore that vibe from you.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-27 12:08:55

I just don't see what's so special about it.

Well in the end its not up to the peripherals, its the GAMES. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, pikmin, smash bros. all that good stuff you simply cant get anywhere else. The fact it is now powerful enought to handle modern games is a nice perk as well.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-30 16:35:22

i hate game! (British version of game stop) i preorder the wii u and a couple of games and two wiimotes an nun chucks two months before today and they decide to be dicks and cancel my order so i don't have the wii u! luckily I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but that really just gets on my nerves.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-30 17:53:40

So how are the load times?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-11-30 22:32:23

At 11/30/12 05:53 PM, sweet21 wrote: So how are the load times?

Not as good as I'd like, but not terrible. I am comfortable with pausing and going from Mario U to the internet browser to look up star coin locations, but with slight load times in between. Not too bad.

It launches in Europe today! New people to see on Miiverse now. Also, Nintendo TVii is going to be available on December 8th for all North/South Americans! Apparently you need to pay 1$ for an app in the eshop, but still, atleast it is almost here.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 01:42:01

At 11/30/12 04:35 PM, darkjam wrote: i hate game! (British version of game stop) i preorder the wii u and a couple of games and two wiimotes an nun chucks two months before today and they decide to be dicks and cancel my order so i don't have the wii u! luckily I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, but that really just gets on my nerves.

I also lost my pre-order for my Wii U bundle, but I managed get it replaced to the Deluxe edition, also got a message that I'll apparently get mine on Monday.

Lucky me, Finland's stocks are pretty much sold out, we're getting some UK WiiU's as import versions, our power cables are apparently different.

This info is based on the store I ordered mine, not sure about few others I use though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 11:24:56

I can't tell who has a Wii U here. All you people are leaving vague responses that are hard to tell if you have or want a Wii U.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 12:36:53

At 12/1/12 11:24 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I can't tell who has a Wii U here. All you people are leaving vague responses that are hard to tell if you have or want a Wii U.

Well I'm supposed to get mine next week, if I'm lucky, at Monday, Tuesday is the day I'm expecting it to arrive though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 18:58:31

At 12/1/12 11:24 AM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I can't tell who has a Wii U here. All you people are leaving vague responses that are hard to tell if you have or want a Wii U.

I got mine with super smash bros brawl (need my brawl!) assassins creed 3 and Nintendo land, with the deluxe edition wii u of course. my name is snoopertrooper and my u play name is troopersnooper. can somebody tell me what u play is? I went onto ac3 after setting everything up and i had to make another account for u play. i thought the wii u used Nintendo network, so what the heck is u play?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 21:13:02

At 12/1/12 06:58 PM, darkjam wrote:
I got mine with super smash bros brawl (need my brawl!)

Is it FINALLY functional online?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-01 23:36:35

I got mine with super smash bros brawl (need my brawl!) assassins creed 3 and Nintendo land, with the deluxe edition wii u of course. my name is snoopertrooper and my u play name is troopersnooper. can somebody tell me what u play is? I went onto ac3 after setting everything up and i had to make another account for u play. i thought the wii u used Nintendo network, so what the heck is u play?

U play is Ubisofts online thing. I'm still not 100% sure on the details but it has been around a while. At the very least I know with U play you get points for doing stuff in game which you can use to unlock things in the game.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-02 09:50:07

u play is it's own thing from ubisoft, I don't know why they're making you do this now to play online but it has nothing to do with the Wii U.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-02 20:54:54

My Miiverse page got banned by Nintendo. I used the message that you can see on my NG page, I'm guessing I broke their no sexuality protocol. Still, anyone with a brain could tell I was being sarcastic.

The funny thing is that I immediatly changed my post after two minutes. No one could have actually seen it.

I contacted Nintendo to have my page un censored.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-03 12:25:44

Using my Wii U, it's pretty cool, too bad that Nintendoland is bit boring...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-03 12:30:29

Just picked up a Wii U as hell just for future value cause from what i've been reading and studing upon is a lot more will be revealed down the road and the system's limits haven't truly been put to the test also hearing about Wii backwards compatibility with it's games and Virtual Console was a huge plus along with the upcoming (rumored as of right now but a strong possibility and having no reason of it NOT happening) Gamecube Virtual Console which is outstanding if true since they are pretty much extinct in local stores along with their systems (unless you get one from Ebay or Craigslist) but i would MUCH rather use the Wii U pro controller than the horrific Gamecube controller so that puts a new twist on some old classics i really enjoyed on Gamecube's underrated game library.

So far i'm enjoying the system pretty well it's very unique and i really like the Netflix/Hulu Plus play on it how you can watch on either the TV or Controller and how you access through things (internet browser,miiverse,games) is something i've never seen before,as for the huge knock on the Wii U's tablet controller battery life i have no issue with it since my gaming spot is right next to an outlet and i don't mind playing with a wired controller especially if the cord is as flexable and small as the AC adapter of the controller is.

So far there is no games that really interest me except for Mario U & Batman Arkham (just for the controller difference alone since i already played & beaten it on PS3) but there will be hope for down the road for much more games in it's library since i believe Nintendo hands down has a much more better game library than Playstation & 360 in history at least for me and it's tablet controller will give a fresh new taste on gaming as a whole.

As for my Network ID it's Mooglejoke as it is on PS3,go ahead and add me if you like i accept all requests and hope to be playing some great games with you guys in the future. =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-03 13:32:42

Is it just me or does/did it take almost 4 hours for you guys to get the system update done? Same was with my Youtube update thingy, though that took nearly an hour, I wonder if it's my internet connection.

Anyways, the U is running fine, but I'm having troubles with my Tv, it's old and pretty big and only thing I could make it suport was that 540i something screen type.

Yet it looks like my menu and games aren't 100% displayed on the Tv, unlike on the gamepad, I tried the 4:3 and 16:3 options, I think those are the ones, but it didn't help at all.

Any bright ideas, or should I just plug it to the HD television on the living room, though would be nice to play the games on my own room with peace.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-03 13:43:39

At 12/3/12 01:32 PM, Gremlin wrote: Is it just me or does/did it take almost 4 hours for you guys to get the system update done? Same was with my Youtube update thingy, though that took nearly an hour, I wonder if it's my internet connection.

The full system update did take about 2 hours for me personally and that's with running a pretty strong connection at 17ms and a 18.26 Mbps but the youtube/hulu plus updates only took around 5 minutes-10 minutes,not the ideal time but i'm patient.

Anyways, the U is running fine, but I'm having troubles with my Tv, it's old and pretty big and only thing I could make it suport was that 540i something screen type.

If you aren't running a flatscreen HDTV i would think you should get a pair of AV cables from the old Wii since i see a port on the back of the Wii U that can hook up that way,try that to see if it makes a difference.

Any bright ideas, or should I just plug it to the HD television on the living room, though would be nice to play the games on my own room with peace.

It will by far look best on HD (no shit right) but if you want to try it in your own space with the old TV try what i said above and try to come across a pair of old Wii AV cables (Red,White and Yellow) instead of using the HDMI cord,not saying it's gonna work but i would have a hard time believing that a Nintendo console (new as it is) wouldn't have a way looking half way decent on an older TV.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-04 02:03:36

Got a chance to play the Wii U at a friends house. There were five of us total when I arrived, and we played Nintendo Land for hours. Only got through a third of the games, because we were addicted to each one we tried. I'm so amazed at how such simplistic ideas for games are enhanced by the Wii U controller. Constantly in my head I found myself thinking, this could not have been done on just any other console. Seriously, I'm super impressed at how well the tablet controller fit into each game type. We did play Scribblenauts and Mario Bros U as well, but not nearly as much, since we knew what to expect from those games. Additionally, one of the game commentators I watch is doing a blind run of ZombieU, a game that I would have picked up if I got a Wii U, and it looks really intense and interesting.

So wishing I had a Wii U now. I remember getting a Wii a year after launch and was totally underwhelmed. But that's probably because my first Wii game was Super Paper Mario.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-04 12:04:23

Alright now i'm pissed. if anybody remember i posted before complaining about how game (uk version if gamestop) cancelled my wii u and assassins creed 3. well now they decide to be assholes and send it to me now! so i have 2 wii u's and two assassins creed 3's! You may be thinking this isn't so bad for me, well it is! all that money comes out of my bank account which to me years to build up. So now i'm left with £100, to make it worse they won't let me refund it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-04 13:35:44

I shot a POV-horror short film in one long take using the cameras on the Nintendo Wii U's gamepad during a video call.

The Blair Wii U Project - http://youtu.be/QQ10w3uduIc

It's an innovative use of the technology; nobody else has told a story using the Wii U camera and I'm proud to be the first. It also highlights the video call feature, something that's largely gone unnoticed.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-04 13:44:21

At 12/1/12 09:13 PM, II2none wrote:
I got mine with super smash bros brawl (need my brawl!)
Is it FINALLY functional online?

if you mean can you play online on the wii u on brawl then yeah, if not then what do you mean?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-04 14:28:49

At 12/3/12 01:43 PM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
At 12/3/12 01:32 PM, Gremlin wrote:
If you aren't running a flatscreen HDTV i would think you should get a pair of AV cables from the old Wii since i see a port on the back of the Wii U that can hook up that way,try that to see if it makes a difference.

It will by far look best on HD (no shit right) but if you want to try it in your own space with the old TV try what i said above and try to come across a pair of old Wii AV cables (Red,White and Yellow) instead of using the HDMI cord,not saying it's gonna work but i would have a hard time believing that a Nintendo console (new as it is) wouldn't have a way looking half way decent on an older TV.

This it what I did right away, seems that this TV of mine won't co-operate, you'd think it would since I had the Wii on it as well.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'll be getting fps game for it later this week, so maybe the screen wont be too much of an issue, it doesn't seem to bother me on Nintendoland.

PS: Using the gamepad so my post might be screwed a bit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-04 14:50:04

At 12/3/12 03:24 PM, Austerity wrote: Is there any noticeable differences/improvements that you guys notice so far compared to the Wii?

It's everything the Wii was supposed to be. Especially noticable with the motion controls in Nintendo Land.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-05 07:00:01

Beat ZombiU yesterday. Much better than some of the review scores were saying it was. Glad it is over too I am tired of the game making me jump at what is around every corner. Going to be trying to beat scribblenauts next.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-06 13:48:01

Damn, I was foolish enough to give CoD a 3rd chance, little advice, don't buy BO2, it's ok so far, but the maps are complete fuck ups, the single player is confusing and there isn't too many players. Definately my last CoD game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-07 15:49:08

At 12/7/12 03:23 AM, Austerity wrote: Is there a way to transfer Virtual Console games from a Wii to a Wii U?

Yes, use the Wii channel icon on the Wii U, and download the necessary software onto a 512MB or higher SD card. Download the software transfer channel onto the original Wii, and follow the instructions on the Wii U.

It took me about half an hour total.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-09 17:12:21

So does anybody know when the first gamecube game will be released on the virtual console? Or when the virtual console is available?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2012-12-09 17:22:24

At 12/9/12 05:12 PM, darkjam wrote: So does anybody know when the first gamecube game will be released on the virtual console? Or when the virtual console is available?

Probably after the launch of Nintendo TVii. By the way, the system launched in Japan yesterday, alongside Nintendo TVii (America is getting it in December, UK in 2013).

Anyone else excited for the Rayman Legends demo? It arrives on December 13th, with the game out in February.