00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U official hub thread.

45,110 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 03:25:03

At 4/11/13 07:13 PM, darkjam wrote: It appears our wait for Rayman Legends is worth it (it better fucking be!) 30 new levels and several new bosses have been added into the game as a sort of apology, these better be good and not some rushed pieces of crap! Either way, I still can't wait!

But are they WiiU exclusive levels?

Personally I don't mind about the delay and going multi-platform, but still, I just feel that it would be well deserved to get something special for the U version, but I guess the gamepad is there for that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 04:20:20

At 4/12/13 03:25 AM, Gremlin wrote:
I just feel that it would be well deserved to get something special for the U version

Wii U players will get to experience the game how it was intended by the developers, unlike Xbox/PS players.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 06:18:50

At 4/12/13 04:20 AM, kmau wrote:
At 4/12/13 03:25 AM, Gremlin wrote:
I just feel that it would be well deserved to get something special for the U version
Wii U players will get to experience the game how it was intended by the developers, unlike Xbox/PS players.

I guess so, I wonder how the game will be on the other systems since it was build around the gamepad.

Is the demo still on the Eshop, I think I should try it out, I've only played Rayman 3 the hoodlum havoc and it was pretty damn great in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 06:34:26

At 4/12/13 06:18 AM, Gremlin wrote: I guess so, I wonder how the game will be on the other systems since it was build around the gamepad.

Well the PS4 will probably be able to use a Vita as a touch gamepad but as far as I know Legends will come out on PS3.

Is the demo still on the Eshop, I think I should try it out, I've only played Rayman 3 the hoodlum havoc and it was pretty damn great in my opinion.

It's still there, the first level is a little too focused on the gamepad thing but that's alright, just bring 1-3 friends along and you'll have fun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 10:01:31

But are they WiiU exclusive levels?

I don't think so, but they did talk about Wii U exclusive content to say sorry to us.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 11:16:11

I really don't like Wii U, It just dosen't make any sense :/

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 12:42:28

At 4/12/13 11:16 AM, VintageKipz wrote: I really don't like Wii U, It just dosen't make any sense :/

What do you mean?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 12:58:44

At 4/12/13 12:42 PM, Gremlin wrote:
At 4/12/13 11:16 AM, VintageKipz wrote: I really don't like Wii U, It just dosen't make any sense :/
What do you mean?

He's probably just being and idiot, he doesn't have a reason. Unless you would care to make one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-12 14:40:03

Ooh a Wii U thread, looks like I'm not the only one with one.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-13 01:48:26

There went my high hopes for NFS Underground 3, I guess, I miss racing with tuned cars.

"Alex Ward, creative director for Criterion, blew the rumor out of the water in a tweet stating"

âEUoeTotally fake. Remakes and Reboots? #moved onâEUoe

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-14 16:14:09

At 4/13/13 01:48 AM, Gremlin wrote: There went my high hopes for NFS Underground 3, I guess, I miss racing with tuned cars.

Racing games suck, in my opinion. The only one I find alright is Mario Kart.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-14 17:22:18

At 4/11/13 07:06 PM, darkjam wrote:
Mine is Snoopertrooper3.
Whoops, I gave you my steam name, my Wii U one is the same but no 3.

Kratos_Aurion

Probably not going to be playing Assassins creed 3 though. I've given up on trying that.

At 4/14/13 04:14 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/13/13 01:48 AM, Gremlin wrote: There went my high hopes for NFS Underground 3, I guess, I miss racing with tuned cars.

I like Mario Kart but it bothers me how there is little skill involved in the game. Blue shells ruin it for me. Most Wanted U is pretty cool, but I am waiting for F-Zero to make it's Wii U appearance.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-14 23:40:23

At 4/14/13 04:14 PM, darkjam wrote:

Mariokart is all about fun, I like it that way, there is certain level of skill required to win, but just too much moments where it's all about the items you get, besides, to me it's more about the bikes, ever since I got the MKW, I never even touched the karts.

The reason I liked U2 so much was simply that even if I didn't feel like driving around the town and race, I sometimes just turned the game on to create some cool looking cars, it's like a nice bonus and gave some motivation to get better and better in the game itself so you could unlock all the cool stuff.

Don't really get why is the tuning part lacking so much, I guess it was some phase back then.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-15 02:20:32

At 4/15/13 12:01 AM, Braiton wrote:
Mario Kart was fun until Blue Shell happened. Then noooope.

So youre saying the only mario kart you enjoyed was the SNES one?

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-15 04:57:39

At 4/14/13 11:40 PM, Gremlin wrote: Mariokart is all about fun, I like it that way, there is certain level of skill required to win, but just too much moments where it's all about the items you get, besides, to me it's more about the bikes, ever since I got the MKW, I never even touched the karts.

When did the blue shell appear though, my first Mariokart experience was for N64, sadly didn't get to play it much.

I don't find the shell too much of a problem since there was ways to dodge it, I don't mind if it's gone or made easier to dodge in the future though.

There should be some limit how many times it can be used in a race, I once got hit by it 4 times, now that is just the game being a dick, what were the fucking odds?

But what really pissed me off in MKW was that Daisy Mach bike combo, there were other characters as well, that extra speed was so unfair in online races.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-16 02:01:56

At 4/15/13 10:27 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 4/15/13 02:20 AM, Lionelion wrote:
Mario Kart 64 to be precise. You know, the times when the Blue shell was just another shell and not an imminent bomb of doom that meant you'd probably lose the race.

Actually it was pretty devastating in MK64 too. It wasnt a bomb then, but it still launched you up into the air as if it were one. It was actually more of a threat cuz it didnt fly, meaning it could hit other players on its way up, like they reverted it to in MK7

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-16 15:58:27

At 4/16/13 01:03 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 4/16/13 02:01 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 4/15/13 10:27 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 4/15/13 02:20 AM, Lionelion wrote:
Mario Kart 64 to be precise. You know, the times when the Blue shell was just another shell and not an imminent bomb of doom that meant you'd probably lose the race.
Actually it was pretty devastating in MK64 too. It wasnt a bomb then, but it still launched you up into the air as if it were one. It was actually more of a threat cuz it didnt fly, meaning it could hit other players on its way up, like they reverted it to in MK7
No. It acted the same way a red or green shell did. It launched you into the air, yes, the same way a green or red shell did, but you lost only 2-3 seconds before being able to accelerate again. See, the only difference with red or green shells was that instead of having no target lock or going for the one in front of you it went for the one in the 1st place.

It could still hit other players on the way up tho, something the flying blue shells couldnt

But noooo, they had to change it to a common item for the last places that's an almost unavoidable flying shell that travels at the speed of light and on impact causes an explosion that sends you flying upwards for around 5 seconds and then demands another 5 seconds of recovery before being able to accelerate again (In other words, unless the distance between you and the 2nd is almost a lap you lost the race.)

If youre a shitty racer or youre going up against other human players who are as good as you, probably. Otherwise, not really, its not that hard to regain a lost lead against CPUs in my experience, even in 150cc, unless youre literally like in the home stretch when you get hit. My only complaint about the blue shell is that people in or near last place get it, and it doesnt help them at all. It really should be going to people in like 3rd or 4th place, where it could actually make a difference to them

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-16 15:58:59

I like Mario Kart but it bothers me how there is little skill involved in the game. Blue shells ruin it for me. Most Wanted U is pretty cool, but I am waiting for F-Zero to make it's Wii U appearance.

I doubt that will ever happen, Nintendo can't think of anything that will bring something new to the table for it, which is bullshit,

I'll add you today or tommorow.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-16 17:51:10

At 4/16/13 04:41 PM, Braiton wrote: stuff

continued via PM since this doesnt directly correlate with the WiiU, since the MK for the WiiU hasnt been released yet

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-16 23:48:11

Well, I downloaded the Rayman Legends demo few day ago and must say, it was pretty cool, didn't really convince me to buy the game when it finally comes, but still, seems like a quality game.

At first I didn't feel too good on the level where you had to use the gamepad's screen, but after couple replays I started to like it also that level with the Black Betty playing on the backgrond was sweet, I started laughing when I heard the "singing" because I was already so focused on the guitar, such a great music and a nice level.

Definately goes to my list of games to get, but we'll see.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 00:15:44

At 4/12/13 12:58 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 4/12/13 12:42 PM, Gremlin wrote:
What do you mean?
He's probably just being and idiot, he doesn't have a reason. Unless you would care to make one.

What? It's a stupid shitty thing made by Nintendo, It's not needed, only if your on the toilet.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 13:45:10

*THIS IS AWESOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Fantastic update coming, also Pikmin apparently got a launch date, August 4, didn't watch the direct, saw the Pikmin date on other site so, confirm if this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 13:47:10

At 4/17/13 01:45 PM, Gremlin wrote: *THIS IS AWESOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Well fuck this, the link doesn't work properly...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 16:06:12

What? It's a stupid shitty thing made by Nintendo, It's not needed, only if your on the toilet.

So you don't have an actual reason? Just fuck off kid.
Anyway, is it true Earthbound is being released worldwide and what not? Somebody bring me up to speed, I haven't been keeping up with the game news lately.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 16:16:00

Iwata said in the newest Nintendo Direct that EarthBound is being released on the Wii U VC internationally sometime this year.

Mother of God!
:Is that and the new Zelda game the only news?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 16:46:34

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/04/nintendo-direct-3ds-full-recap-
of-3ds-details/

Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-17 18:01:56

The biggest Wii U news for me (personally) other than Pikmin 3 is the fact that you will be able to go directly to the Wii menu now, and avoid all that start up nonsense. Now I can play Super Metroid without all the hassle.

Official boxart.

The Wii U official hub thread.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-18 04:16:55

At 4/17/13 10:44 PM, Braiton wrote: So apparently this list was posted on reddit a while back and was spot on on release dates that were not announced until today so I don't really see any reason not to believe it (take it with a grain of salt).

And so apparently X is (could be) a Xenoblade Sequel or related game.
I'm buying that.

What in the heck? If this is accurate a lot of games we didn't expect this year are going to be coming out this year.

Xenoblade(I assume this is X unless it is a HD remake of Xenoblade Chronicles)
Super Smash Bros U
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Mario Kart U

All 4 of these titles I personally was expecting sometime next year but they all have fall next to them.

Of course some things also appear to be missing for some reason. New Super Luigi U isn't on there. 3D mario which was also thought to have a shot at this year is missing as well. Wind Waker HD is missing as well and I am pretty sure that was confirmed for this year.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-20 12:06:48

Wind Waker HD is missing as well and I am pretty sure that was confirmed for this year.

I'm pretty sure that is coming out between September to October.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-23 16:02:38

At 4/18/13 04:16 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
What in the heck? If this is accurate a lot of games we didn't expect this year are going to be coming out this year.

Xenoblade(I assume this is X unless it is a HD remake of Xenoblade Chronicles)
Super Smash Bros U
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Mario Kart U

All 4 of these titles I personally was expecting sometime next year but they all have fall next to them.

I seriously doubt Smash Bros U will be coming out before 2014, I can almost swear Sakurai or Iwata said that somewhere. And if Mario Kart U comes out this year, it wont be before November/December