00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

UmanaJose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U official hub thread.

45,162 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-04-25 23:12:41

Wii U Update is now available! =)

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-01 04:33:02

So, WiiKey apparently claims that they've managed to hack the Wii U, meaning that hackers are able to play pirated games.

Wiiudaily article

Apparently it's not something that would be too much of a problem for Nintendo to take care of I believe, but just figured to check what you guys think?

I wouldn't be surprised if this was just another way for the site to get more action on the comments section, since it seems as they're the only ones posting about it, haven't checked many news sources so I don't know.

As for something interesting that might end up being positive for those who'd like to see GTA on Wii U, it doesn't confirm anything, not something that anyone should get hyped for.

Nintendoenthusiast

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-03 17:35:25

Wow. The Rayman Legends app was a fucking disappointment. Just the same levels with some fucking challenges that are shit and a waste of time. I thought they were going to add a new level, not repackage the same game and put in some small things and expect us to forgive them! No! I've been with Rayman sine the original and this is just fucking ridiculous! Whoever said "Rayman fans don't fuck around" on another thread is right! I am pissed and Ubisoft just wants more money to crap out more Assassins Creed. Out of all their series Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and Rayman are the only ones that haven't strayed from their path and fucked up. But Even Ghost Recon fucked up I heard and Rainbow Six and Rayman, I'll wait and see. I don't get why the fuck they keep ignoring their mascot that got them on the map and just replace quicker than the speed of light! Honestly Ubisoft, you just piss me off sometime and now you've reached my limit!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-05 17:31:28

At 5/3/13 05:56 PM, Hikky-Dikky wrote: Really, what did you expect from a free app designed to tide Wii U owners over until the full game comes out?

I dunno something that isn't the same thing with some small things included. At least a new level to play.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-10 02:36:32

Eh, so EA drops their support and apparently claims that Wii U is unable to run their Frostbyte 2 engine. Some people claim that since that Crysis game ran smoothly on the Wii U, they must have not even tried to make the Frostbyte run properly.

I don't find this as a big loss since I barely have any EA titles, like, one MoH and The sims game for GCN and NHL 97 for SNES, that's it.

I'm hoping that they'll get what's coming to them, honestly, it looks like they're acting like complete dicks and seem to be proud of it.

Oh and Ubisoft Reflections have teased that they'll announce something new on E3, what could that be?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-10 03:34:20

At 5/1/13 04:33 AM, Gremlin wrote: So, WiiKey apparently claims that they've managed to hack the Wii U, meaning that hackers are able to play pirated games.

Wiibrew anyone?

WiiUbrew??

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-10 04:33:11

At 5/10/13 02:59 AM, Braiton wrote:
At 5/10/13 02:36 AM, Gremlin wrote:
EA has a rough history with Nintendo that goes all the way back to the NES. And lately EA have been douchebags towards Nintendo because the latter stopped caring about them (there's the rumor EA wanted Nintendo to use their Origin as the Wii U's online service and they responded back with a "lol nope") . So it'not surprising EA is throwing shit at Nintendo and basically dropping their support.

I don't know much about the history between Nintendo and EA, heard about the online service argue, but it's rumored that right now the things between some guys from Nintendo and EA are so bad, that they refuse to talk with each others, that's already saying something about the co-operation.

But you can really see who is childish company, I haven't seen Nintendo saying anything bad about EA, although I wish they did, I think it's wrong that EA can just talk bullshit about them and the Wii U, but I guess Nintendo is just being smart.

At 5/10/13 03:34 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 5/1/13 04:33 AM, Gremlin wrote: So, WiiKey apparently claims that they've managed to hack the Wii U, meaning that hackers are able to play pirated games.
Wiibrew anyone?
WiiUbrew??

I don't think so, already one hacker who is apparently known for being the one who was the main key for the creation of homebrew for Wii, has said he won't bother hacking the Wii U, he said something about, homebrew not being as appealing anymore because consoles are becoming more like computers or something like that.

He also said something about that Ouya thing being way easier to hack, but got to remember that he is just one hacker, some dickhead will evenually create something like that, but right now, if someone is stupid enough to hack their U and turn on the internet while playing, they might just be fucked.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-12 18:31:17

Man I need a new game for Wii U, anybody got any recommendations?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-18 18:12:03

So if anybody doesn't know a new Sonic game got announced and is 3ds/Wii U exclusive.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-22 05:54:53

Well, it is starting to look like that Xbox One isn't a threat to Wii U at all, people seem to be pissed off about it, haven't really checked too much, but from what I've read so far, seems complicated to me.

It looks like that the competition will be tough with Wii U and the PS4, since they seem to be the more gamer friendly systems, but who knows, it's too early to say, but if Sony makes a mistake with the pricing, things definitely looks like Wii U is getting the upper hand.

Honestly, the more flaws PS4 and Xbox one have, the better it for Wii U if you ask me.

Oh and hey, look, EA news OMFG WTF WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!?!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-22 14:30:47

Wii U is going to be this generation's N64...

It suffers from an early lack of games, but will have some of the best first-party games ever made!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-22 16:52:37

At 5/22/13 02:30 PM, Painbringer wrote: Wii U is going to be this generation's N64...

It suffers from an early lack of games, but will have some of the best first-party games ever made!

I can totally see that happening. I'm still super pumped for Pikmin 3.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-23 14:40:03

I honestly barely play my Wii U right now, I need a new game and I can't think of one to get, any help? And I played MHU3 at my friends, it was alright, but I don't really think they improved much from the Wii version.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-23 15:50:54

Mark June 11th on your calendars people, Smash Bros, 3D Mario and Mario Kart info is coming in a Nintendo Direct!

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-24 10:16:06

Cool, Wii U sales got a nice boost after Xbox 1 announcement.

Things are indeed getting interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-24 16:43:35

You didn't play enough. It's definitely a huge improvement from the wii version. I'm around 120 hours in and I still haven't finished the game. I suppose that if you don't like this types of games you shouldn't buy it.

I do like those type of games, it's just that I couldn't be bothered to play most of what I have already played, I'd rather get Injustice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-25 03:02:22

At 5/24/13 05:51 PM, entropy wrote: Getting a WiiU for my birthday.

And that's why it's going to be at least slightly better than an alright B-Day!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-25 08:57:57

Has it been confirmed whether or not EA is actually going to make games for the Wii U?

Making music can fun, but it can also be as challenging as playing the...

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-25 12:04:16

At 5/25/13 08:57 AM, Quetya wrote: Has it been confirmed whether or not EA is actually going to make games for the Wii U?

They're going to make some games, most likely crappy watered down ports or just some crappy games in general, other than that, nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-25 18:28:50

They're going to make some games, most likely crappy watered down ports or just some crappy games in general, other than that, nothing.

I don't really care, but considering the fact that they own the right to Star Wars games, I'm concerned about the Wii U version of Battlefront 3 (when it eventually comes out). But even still, most of there games are more enjoyed on a PC, like Battlefield.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-27 05:05:11

Super Metroid for Virtual Console is currently on sale for 30 cents in the eshop. Wootwoot!

Been having a great time with MHU3 for WiiU, totally recommend that game if you ever pick up a WiiU. Also got Nintendo Land and NSMBU which have been fantastic.

Nintendo REALLY needs to advertise their console better. :/... Maybe they're waiting for more games to come out or somethin'.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-27 08:22:43

Just had to post these, sadly Nintendoenthusiast is having a server problem, but according to their twitter, the problem should be solved soon.

Developers & Wii U

Gory Detail Studio

Interesting PS4 and Xbone related article

Managed to get on the site via tiny url's, hopefully the links work.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-27 23:46:04

At 5/27/13 08:22 AM, Gremlin wrote: Just had to post these, sadly Nintendoenthusiast is having a server problem, but according to their twitter, the problem should be solved soon.

Developers & Wii U

Gory Detail Studio

Interesting PS4 and Xbone related article

Managed to get on the site via tiny url's, hopefully the links work.

Fucking fantastic, I really hope they get the server issue fixed, the links are broken now, those are good articles! Conspiracy of MS and EA and fucking Sony too!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-29 13:01:05

Man, I really need to use my Wii U more, I might just get Injustice for it, but only like 3,000 people are playing it, I don't want Assassin's Creed 3 online to happen again. Wait 1 hour for a game, lose connection, find a game, players are noobs. Still I might just get MHU3, I blame Ubisoft for my Wii U barely being used. Right now, I SHOULD be playing Legends, but nooooo, they had to be dicks! Anyway, that's my rant over, anybody actually played Injustice on the Wii U?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-30 07:15:42

Did I mentiond you should get MH3U already?

Everybody is saying that to me now, but it just feels the same. I might just trade my Wii U in now and just play on my PC.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-30 21:29:27

Japan gets a Gamepad battery life extender,

Costs about 30$, and makes it last 5-8 hours. Nothing announced for other countries so far.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-05-30 21:43:18

At 5/30/13 09:29 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Japan gets a Gamepad battery life extender,

Costs about 30$, and makes it last 5-8 hours. Nothing announced for other countries so far.

If they can make that for the Wii U Gamepad i don't see why you can't charge it on a normal backup battery charger vis the USB,sucks that the Pad doesn't have as much versatility when it comes to charging it or then the battery life wouldn't be much of an issue anyway.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-06-01 00:08:28

Support Game and Wario on Crowdfarter.

Wario needs your help, so give him your coins so he can make his damn game!

Trailer.

Looks really good, mostly because it's another game fro the Wii U. Only 40$ too, so it's worth buying.

Nintendo Land 2.0, but still, looks to be great with friends.

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-06-01 13:02:46

At 5/30/13 09:29 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Japan gets a Gamepad battery life extender,

What they need to do is re-design the pro controller with a headset jack, I having my gamepad next to me when I play AC3 online (that is when I find a match)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U official hub thread. 2013-06-02 18:28:16

I'm planning on getting a Wii U sometime this summer. Anyone got suggestions for games I can get then?