New Topic Respond to this Topic
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 11th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 2/11/13 09:00 PM, Ragnarokia wrote: People still pretending the lower shoulder buttons are well placed?

It's actually a brilliant design choice. It makes holding it with your index-fingers on the shoulder buttons and middle fingers on the triggers way, way more comfortable.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 08:36 PM Reply

as i was transferring my save data from my wii to my wiiu, i had realized that i had made a huge mistake: i cant play brawl or mkwii with a gamecube controller anymore

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:36 PM, Lionelion wrote: as i was transferring my save data from my wii to my wiiu, i had realized that i had made a huge mistake: i cant play brawl or mkwii with a gamecube controller anymore

I guess you will need to get a Pro controller then. I still don't have one, but I probably will want one for the new Smash Bros game and VC games.

About making a list of everyone's usernames, is everyone okay with that? I could put only the ID's of people who are fine with it, but put the username of someone who wants to approve people by PM first.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 13th, 2013 @ 04:39 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 08:36 PM, Lionelion wrote: as i was transferring my save data from my wii to my wiiu, i had realized that i had made a huge mistake: i cant play brawl or mkwii with a gamecube controller anymore

I didn't know people played MKwii with the gamecube controller. Is that practice normal? I like the Wii Wheel for that and GC for brawl.

Look at the bright side I guess. While you do lose gamecube controller support for brawl on the Wii U with your normal save file you can always start over on your old Wii now that the data is cleared from it. It might be a cool experience doing it all over again.

Also with Mario Kart you can use this opportunity to practice with the wii remote/wii wheel controls since it will more than likely be supported in the next game. That is unless you would prefer the pro controller for the next mario kart. Your call on that one I guess.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 01:24 AM Reply

At 2/12/13 10:45 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
I guess you will need to get a Pro controller then. I still don't have one, but I probably will want one for the new Smash Bros game and VC games.

yeah, guess i'll have to buy a pro controller...

About making a list of everyone's usernames, is everyone okay with that? I could put only the ID's of people who are fine with it, but put the username of someone who wants to approve people by PM first.

im fine with it. why would people be not fine with it? its exactly the same with how the 3ds one worked: you have to approve the friend, its not an automatic thing.
also, ive friended you bb, accept plox

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 01:27 AM Reply

BB since you already have my ID you can go ahead and put it in the list if you want.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 2/14/13 01:27 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: BB since you already have my ID you can go ahead and put it in the list if you want.

whats your id bro? i wanna add ya. if you dont wanna put it here, pm me

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 01:47 AM Reply

At 2/14/13 01:39 AM, Lionelion wrote:
At 2/14/13 01:27 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: BB since you already have my ID you can go ahead and put it in the list if you want.
whats your id bro? i wanna add ya. if you dont wanna put it here, pm me

Kratos_Aurion

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 01:24 AM, Lionelion wrote:

I'll add you tonight.

Nintendo just made another awesome Nintendo Direct. Mario and Luigi game coming to 3DS, and Lego City Stories looks really awesome. Tons of eshop games for 3DS, and Google Street view for Wii U.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 14th, 2013 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 2/14/13 04:34 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote:
At 2/14/13 01:24 AM, Lionelion wrote:
I'll add you tonight.

Nintendo just made another awesome Nintendo Direct. Mario and Luigi game coming to 3DS, and Lego City Stories looks really awesome. Tons of eshop games for 3DS, and Google Street view for Wii U.

My wallet is going to be in agony by the time this year is over.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 15th, 2013 @ 01:36 AM Reply

At 2/14/13 04:34 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Nintendo just made another awesome Nintendo Direct. Mario and Luigi game coming to 3DS, and Lego City Stories looks really awesome. Tons of eshop games for 3DS, and Google Street view for Wii U.

Too....many.....games....want....them....all....

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 02:20 PM Reply

I wasn't able to catch the last Nintendo direct. Can anybody bring me up to speed?

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 02:20 PM, darkjam wrote: I wasn't able to catch the last Nintendo direct. Can anybody bring me up to speed?

New games. Mostly of the 3DS variety. New Super Luigi U for DLC on NSMBU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntz1GyM1Bs

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 16th, 2013 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 02:20 PM, darkjam wrote: I wasn't able to catch the last Nintendo direct. Can anybody bring me up to speed?

Mario Golf, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, and a ton of cool eshop games. More Lego City Undercover trailers, and Luigi DLC for Mario U.

Personally, Lego City is the only thing that excites me in the short term. Pikmin 3 looks great, but having never played a Pikmin game before, Lego City Undercover would win out for me (though I'm getting both).

Linktopast
Linktopast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 17th, 2013 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 2/16/13 03:34 PM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:
New games. Mostly of the 3DS variety. New Super Luigi U for DLC on NSMBU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntz1GyM1Bs

Oh, cool. Luigi is my favorite, I always play as him when possible.

Hello.

darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 18th, 2013 @ 03:26 PM Reply

having never played a Pikmin game before

Trust me, they are brilliant. If you can pick up the other two get pikmin 2 first. It's longer, the first can be finished in half an hour.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus!----You shall watch and you shall like.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 19th, 2013 @ 03:55 PM Reply

is anybody else getting monster hunter 3 ultimate? I can't wait for march 22nd!

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 06:41 AM Reply

So, today could be the day Sony announces the PlayStation. This is related because I have a bad feeling that if it's true, Wii U sales will start to go down a bit and we get less players. I think this because most people have come to think of Nintendo as a Child's company. I don't care, I'm getting all three (I already have the Wii U so two more left!) and playing them all equally!

BBS Signature
kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 2/20/13 06:41 AM, darkjam wrote: So, today could be the day Sony announces the PlayStation. This is related because I have a bad feeling that if it's true, Wii U sales will start to go down a bit and we get less players. I think this because most people have come to think of Nintendo as a Child's company.

Remember Wii launch? Same talk.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 20th, 2013 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 2/20/13 09:07 AM, kmau wrote:
At 2/20/13 06:41 AM, darkjam wrote: So, today could be the day Sony announces the PlayStation. This is related because I have a bad feeling that if it's true, Wii U sales will start to go down a bit and we get less players. I think this because most people have come to think of Nintendo as a Child's company.
Remember Wii launch? Same talk.

Yep, I still respected the Wii and thought it was a great console (even though I never owned one)

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 05:11 AM Reply

At 2/20/13 06:41 AM, darkjam wrote: So, today could be the day Sony announces the PlayStation. This is related because I have a bad feeling that if it's true, Wii U sales will start to go down a bit and we get less players. I think this because most people have come to think of Nintendo as a Child's company. I don't care, I'm getting all three (I already have the Wii U so two more left!) and playing them all equally!

I doubt it. I bet that thing will be more expensive than the Wii U perhaps MUCH MORE expensive. If anything it moves the Wii U closer to the front of the pack due to the price tag. Let's not forget that the wii is outselling the wii u(At least in america anyway) The original DS despite being dead still sells at half the 3DS' rate again likely due to price(And again only in america).

People go for the cheaper products. The Wii had a nice perk to it and it was the cheapest of the consoles thus it did amazingly well. Once the other consoles dropped to more manageable prices and the games stopped coming on the wii the sales dropped.

This is why when the PS4 and Xbox 3 come out they will likely phase out the PS3 and 360 slowly and once that happens and they aren't heavily advertised the Wii U will be the cheapest of the major consoles out and its sales will pick up because of the next gen stuff coming out.

PS4 and Xbox 3 will struggle in sales at the beginning just like the Wii U supposedly has(Even though it is far from the truth) and the Wii U will explode because of all the awesome games coming out plus it being the cheaper console of the 3.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 05:38 AM Reply

PS4 and Xbox 3 will struggle in sales at the beginning just like the Wii U supposedly has(Even though it is far from the truth) and the Wii U will explode because of all the awesome games coming out plus it being the cheaper console of the 3.

You never know, remember the PS2 launch? Robberies of the console were reported ONE hour after it launched, shops when out of stock in 2 hours and prices on e bay for one went over £1000 and the PS2 was reasonably priced. You never know, if Sony and Microsoft can build lots of hype about the console then holidays 2013 will be a free for all for the PS4. And I think Sony learnt from the PS3 launch to not over price their console. We will just have to wait and see, I guess.

BBS Signature
StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 21st, 2013 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 2/21/13 05:11 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote:

I believe you bring up some very good points. As a added bonus for me. You managed to type my thoughts thus saving me the trouble. Thank you :D

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Can a Wii U play movies off it's harddrive and through a usb memory stick like the ps3 can?

Or did Nintendo make their console poop and it doesn't support movie playback? Can it read 1080p/720p mp4s?

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

voorby
voorby
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:10 PM Reply

How often do you guys actually use your Wii U?
I feel bad for using mine as scarcely as I do.

I'm a flipping pirate

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 23rd, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 04:10 PM, voorby wrote: How often do you guys actually use your Wii U?

I use it fairly frequently. My 3DS and fire emblem awakening usually clogs up a lot of my playtime in the day but at night I usually sit down with the Wii U and play some AC3 or BO2 with one of my friends. It's been more BO2 than AC3 though unfortunately since AC3 matchmaking doesn't work properly and sometimes takes hours to put you in a game and hasn't worked since launch. I am not a big CoD fan but I needed a "new" game to play online with my friends and since AC3 wasn't working BO2 was pretty much the only other option I had.

I haven't played much NSMBU or NintendoLand since launch though. Only when I have people over at my house do I play those games now.

StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 12:53 PM Reply

Just bought a Wii U Deluxe, with Assassins Creed 3

Showing my support, probably not gonna get a PS4. I got my thing beauty.

The Wii U official hub thread.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 27th, 2013 @ 10:24 PM Reply

At 2/23/13 04:10 PM, voorby wrote: How often do you guys actually use your Wii U?

Since I just got it about a week ago, lots still

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Wii U official hub thread. Feb. 28th, 2013 @ 06:46 AM Reply

Hey guys, I feel ashamed that I haven't posted to this thread, perhaps it's only a good thing since I never post anything really constructive.

Anyways, just had the final nail with BO2, oh dear god, as if the two previous weren't enough to convince that it's not a good game series at all.

Well, finally got my copy of Ninja Gaiden 3, I guess the free DLC is already out, the estimated time says 1 hour so I'm trying to be patient.

Does anyone else have this game, if so, how is the online, from a gameplay video it seemed like lots of fun, but I did hear that not too many play online, doesn't surprise me though and well, as long as I can have challenging game that is full of blood and gore, I'm happy.

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature