00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Will Obama win or lose the election

37,871 Views | 450 Replies

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-12 16:31:00

Obama is going to win again in 2012. No question. The economy may not have recovered as quickly as all of us would like, but if we all ask ourselves that same question Reagan famously asked in 1980, yes, most of us are indeed better off than we were 4 years ago, and we are heading in the right direction. The credit card industry has been overhauled for the better under Obama, for one thing. His order to kill bin Laden acting on good intelligence will likely go down in history as one of the most courageous decisions any president has ever made, and his batting average against many other top terrorists may be the most impressive of any president I've ever seen. Obamacare, even though it mostly passed on partisan lines, has helped a lot of people including myself when it comes to paying for doctor's visits and prescription drugs.

Romney has clearly been struggling for quite some time now--he's less likeable, most people see him as an elitist favoring the rich, and he is a pathological flip-flopper on many key issues such as HEALTH CARE, abortion rights, gays in the military, assault weapons, and so on. Flip-flopping, as many of you might recall, was also a big problem Kerry had in the 2004 election (he was for and later against NCLB, the Patriot Act, the Iraq War, the whole $87 billion thing, etc.) and everyone knows what happened to him. It doesn't matter what party you're from--most people aren't going to vote for extreme flip-floppers and shady wealthy guys that the common person won't be able to identify with. This is an undeniable fact. Furthermore, the question as to when or if Romney will ever release his tax returns will continue to dog him until he releases them, and he can thank his dad for that.

In light of the fact that Romney selected Ryan as his running mate, that further cements the fact that he's going to lose. Any conservative running mate is just asking for a death wish, because conservatives by their very nature hold views that alienate large and important groups of voters. Most young people, old people, women, black people, poor people, middle-class people and uninsured people and so on are already going to gravitate towards Obama, and after that, who's left? Far-right wealthy men, a statistically insignificant number of people from the aforementioned groups and a small number of independents? That's not enough to win any election. To be fair, Romney never really had a lot of options, but his best option would have been to pick a more moderate Republican like Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins, or an independent moderate--that would have really shaken up the race. Ryan's budget plan is already highly unpopular, especially with older people that depend on Medicare.

The fact that Ryan was selected as the VP nominee really exemplifies Romney's extremely bad judgment when it comes to making critical decisions, and that's something I'm sure he's going to continue carrying with him to the presidency.

Let's also quickly go back in time to look at presidents who served just one term (or a little less, in Ford's case) and figure out just why they failed in their re-election bids...

Ford pardoned Nixon over Watergate (even though he got praised for it years later) and faced a tough primary challenge by Reagan, which he survived, but it weakened him. The political environment at the time wasn't very good for most Republicans. He also fucked up in his debates with Carter.

Carter was dogged by inflation that worsened since he took office, gas lines, high unemployment and the Iranian hostage crisis (not to mention that Operation Eagle Claw was a massive failure in April 1980). There's the killer rabbit incident too. Plus, he faced a well-known Democratic primary challenge by Ted Kennedy, though survived it leaving weaker.

Bush 41 broke his "no new taxes" pledge in 1990, didn't give the public confidence that he could adequately manage the recession he was hit with, puked on then-Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa in January 1992 by accident, and surprise surprise...also faced a Republican primary challenge by Pat Buchanan that certainly hurt him. Ross Perot obviously challenged both him and Clinton, but lost.

What's the common thread here? All of these presidents that failed in their bids for re-election had some big fuck ups, but even more importantly, they all faced a significant primary challenge against someone else within their own party. If Obama was going to lose this year, that loss would have been foreshadowed a long time ago by a high-profile Democratic primary challenger...and that challenger was obviously never there. Under most other conditions, it's nearly impossible to defeat any incumbent president.

It's going to be nearly impossible for Obama to lose going by both historical precedent and current trends whether anyone likes it or not. We can go on all day about which candidate has better policies, but there's no question here as to who will win. I'm an independent moderate and I can safely say that Obama has this election.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-12 21:41:37

At 8/12/12 04:31 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: Obama is going to win again in 2012. No question. The economy may not have recovered as quickly as all of us would like, but if we all ask ourselves that same question Reagan famously asked in 1980, yes, most of us are indeed better off than we were 4 years ago, and we are heading in the right direction.

In you're opinion. As it stands while it's more likely Obama is going to win that doesn't mean that it's set in stone. Due to Super PACS the Romney campaign's budget towers over the Obama campaign's budget, and since it's months away from election day many things can happen. I know the Obama campaign is panicking over this because I signed up for both parties emailing lists, whereas the Republicans rarely email me the Democrats do it every day begging me to donate to their campaign or else they'll lose to Romney's massive budget.

What's the common thread here? All of these presidents that failed in their bids for re-election had some big fuck ups, but even more importantly, they all faced a significant primary challenge against someone else within their own party. If Obama was going to lose this year, that loss would have been foreshadowed a long time ago by a high-profile Democratic primary challenger...and that challenger was obviously never there. Under most other conditions, it's nearly impossible to defeat any incumbent president.

And presidential predictions have been wrong before even multiple ones on the same election, take a moment or two to read the bad assery that is Harry Truman campaigning for election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elec tion,_1948

Basically he was unpopular during his term, but the guy just campaigned to death, his own party split up in order to try to keep him from getting re-elected, popular opinion polls were predicting a Truman defeat and it seemed as though only Truman believed he could win. Even as election day came newspapers were being printed that said that Dewey won, any study which predicted a Truman victory was pulled back etc. etc. and he pretty much amazed everyone with his victory.

That doesn't mean that election predictions are always inaccurate, just that they only gauge what is more likely to happen rather than what does.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-13 03:21:17

At 8/12/12 11:35 PM, Travis wrote:
At 8/12/12 09:06 AM, psychopathy wrote:
I never said the world would end.
then stop acting like it will if romney gets elected
Yet again, I'm not acting like the world will end. If I was, then I would be building a bomb shelter, not talking of moving to another country.

the point is you'd be overreacting if romney gets elected

i can't believe you were dense enough not to realize the point i was conveying here

then again i shouldn't say i'm surprised

Also I know that whoever holds majority in the senate and house matters more.
sometimes a strong president(think of FDR, abraham lincoln, reagan, or lyndon johnson) can basically manhandle congress and make it his bitch
And with the economic recession we've had, as well as the Republican Party almost taking over senate majority (it's possible they could take over this year), then Romney will be able to manhandle congress like he wants.

they won't take the senate.

i guarantee it.

even in 2010, a good year for the republicans, they snagged just 6 seats or so in the senate. they won't be able to acquire another 5~6 seats this year as their popularity has declined for obvious reasons

I'm sorry, it sounds like you just helped my side of the argument...

i don't think romney can pull that off though
With senate majority in serious question after the last senate elections gave the republicans a lot of ground back, this year could put them in the majority.

ugh, no it wouldn't

read above

Like I said above, you seemed to help my argument.

i actually haven't

pay attention travis.

being able to pay attention and understanding an opponent's argument is a very valuable skill. i suggest you learn it

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-13 23:38:51

At 8/13/12 01:22 PM, Travis wrote:
At 8/13/12 03:21 AM, psychopathy wrote: the point is you'd be overreacting if romney gets elected

i can't believe you were dense enough not to realize the point i was conveying here
Choose your words better.

how about not taking other people's words so literally all of the time?

then again i shouldn't say i'm surprised
Couldn't resist throwing the insult in there could you?

Well at this point, you aren't worth debating with if you are going to throw subtle insults into your posts. They don't help you, they hurt you.

insults have no negative impact on the credibility and veracity of arguments, and it's not as if they were intended to help me in this discussion

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-16 15:15:06

Obama is going to win all the way. However, if something manages to happen that puts Obama out of the race, I am moving to Canada so I can be safe from Romney/Ryan's political bullshit. I am NOT living under another Republican president. Not now, not ever!

SCREW THE SYSTEM!!! Play video games instead.My Official Art Thread! COMMENT ON IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-18 15:06:27

At 8/16/12 03:15 PM, HiryuGouki wrote: I am NOT living under another Republican president. Not now, not ever!

If that's the case, I think you're too young to be on this website...

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 06:57:43

Yeah, this is a moot point...all I can say is don't watch MSNBC or Fox cuz they'll have you believe this is really a "race." Dudes, cmon. Everybody's gonna make their decision based on their family at the last minute. All these ads and stuff are just..well...nothing.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 07:03:28

At 8/12/12 04:31 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: after that, who's left? Far-right wealthy men, a statistically insignificant number of people from the aforementioned groups and a small number of independents?

Dbl post, but I had to make this point

Great assessment, Gory, if a little obsequious; however, one point:

The reason this election WILL be close is because those far right wealthy people have enuff money to buy ads that will make ppl vote against their personal economic interests. Uneducated lower middle class white folk still outnumber all other voting blocs in this country, and those ads swing them emotionally, regardless of how they SHOULD vote if they were smart. This election WILL be close.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 07:56:37

If Obama doesnt win then Americans can fun with their new far-right president.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 11:04:51

At 8/20/12 07:56 AM, BumFodder wrote: If Obama doesnt win then Americans can fun with their new far-right president.

Implying that Romney differs greatly from Obama.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 12:55:14

At 8/20/12 11:04 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Implying that Romney differs greatly from Obama.

That depends on, if elected, which Romney becomes the President.

Massachussetts Romney? Very similar.
Campaign promises Romney? Clear significant differences.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 16:34:52

At 8/20/12 07:56 AM, BumFodder wrote: If Obama doesnt win then Americans can fun with their new far-right president.

Better than a far left moron who tells lies and claims abortion isn't murder. The Left has made the economy worse. Where are all the jobs at?

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 16:46:22

At 8/20/12 04:34 PM, TheKlown wrote: Better than a far left moron who tells lies and claims abortion isn't murder. The Left has made the economy worse. Where are all the jobs at?

Ask the wealthy conservatives. They'll tell you the third world country they sent them all too.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 16:51:45

At 7/10/12 06:03 PM, TheKlown wrote:
I think the economy and our debt are more I important then that. Plus those are broken promises in my opinion. Has Obama legalized gay marriage? Did he say he was going to?

Who the hell cares? What do two gay people getting married have anything to do with you?

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 17:19:34

At 8/20/12 04:51 PM, SenatorJohnDean wrote:
I think the economy and our debt are more I important then that. Plus those are broken promises in my opinion. Has Obama legalized gay marriage? Did he say he was going to?
Who the hell cares? What do two gay people getting married have anything to do with you?

Are you ignorant or did you read my comment wrong? Obama said he approved gay marriage but there's nothing he can do to legalize it.

(Not directed at you unless you support it) You pro-abortion sick twisted people get me very angry. I find it hilarious when pro-abortion people claim that abortion is the same thing as a guy masturbated. They're comparing semen to a fetus that has legs, arms and sometimes even a brain. Pretty crappy comparison.

And than we have the bigger ignorant morons like Rage Against The Machine that claims its rage against Women if you disagree with abortion. Those idiots deserved to be aborted for thinking like total nutjobs. I wish the left aborted their children more often, than we'd have less idiots in the USA. A lot of evil in America, I believe its like every 50 seconds they say another abortion happens in America. I get we have to prevent overpopulation, but lets not sugar-coat what Abortion is. Maybe if idiots didn't have unprotected sex all the time we wouldn't have so many dumb teenagers murdering their babies.

It's like these people are so stupid they don't realize that having unprotected sex can cause aids and pregnancy. I just can't believe how stupid some people are. From what I read, if it's true that statistically most abortions are not from Rape victims but just gutter trash that only cares about their own sexual pleasures.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 17:40:04

At 8/20/12 05:19 PM, TheKlown wrote: And than we have the bigger ignorant morons like Rage Against The Machine that claims its rage against Women if you disagree with abortion. Those idiots deserved to be aborted for thinking like total nutjobs. I wish the left aborted their children more often, than we'd have less idiots in the USA. A lot of evil in America...

Read this sentence a few times, then look up cognitive dissonance, and see how it applies here.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 17:46:13

At 8/20/12 05:40 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 8/20/12 05:19 PM, TheKlown wrote: And than we have the bigger ignorant morons like Rage Against The Machine that claims its rage against Women if you disagree with abortion. Those idiots deserved to be aborted for thinking like total nutjobs. I wish the left aborted their children more often, than we'd have less idiots in the USA. A lot of evil in America...
Read this sentence a few times, then look up cognitive dissonance, and see how it applies here.

Maybe morons like that will know what it feels like to be abortedif there's an after-life. I know you're saying I'm a hypocrite, but idiots like that don't understand. They never realize that it could have been them who were aborted.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 18:50:41

At 8/20/12 04:34 PM, TheKlown wrote: Better than a far left moron who tells lies and claims abortion isn't murder. The Left has made the economy worse. Where are all the jobs at?

Abortion is a pretty sensitive topic, but I think the woman should have the right to choose. If you claim that abortion is murder then condoms/masturbation are murder too in my opinion since they both lead to wasted potential life. Any sperm can become a baby, but most of them die. It would be nice if they could all get a chance at life, but they cant. I dont respect people who run around calling people murders and idiots because most women want to have the right to choose how they want to live their life. I dont think women want to be told how they live by a bunch of people they dont know.

comment pls | follow pls | aka FishType1

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-20 23:17:23

At 8/20/12 05:46 PM, TheKlown wrote: Maybe morons like that will know what it feels like to be abortedif there's an after-life. I know you're saying I'm a hypocrite, but idiots like that don't understand. They never realize that it could have been them who were aborted.

I'm going to guess you don't know how it feels like to have a baby or a uterus in general.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-21 13:58:54

At 8/20/12 05:46 PM, TheKlown wrote:
Maybe morons like that will know what it feels like to be abortedif there's an after-life. I know you're saying I'm a hypocrite, but idiots like that don't understand. They never realize that it could have been them who were aborted.

Well if I were aborted in the womb, I wouldn't even know it. It's not like fetuses know what life and death are, are conscious for the period that 95% of abortions occur, or even can comprehend their being terminated. It's like frying and eating a fertilized chicken egg (which are delicious btw).

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-21 19:56:56

At 8/21/12 01:58 PM, camobch0 wrote: It's like frying and eating a fertilized chicken egg (which are delicious btw).

Delicious.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-22 10:48:36

At 8/21/12 01:58 PM, camobch0 wrote: It's like frying and eating a fertilized chicken egg (which are delicious btw).

I actually heard that most chicken eggs are not fertilized and I got that idea from this comic I read. It had a guy said it was weird to eat a chicken fetus, but since those eggs aren't fertilized, he was actually eating a chicken's period. Sorry, had to say that.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-25 03:58:47

Are you ignorant or did you read my comment wrong? Obama said he approved gay marriage but there's nothing he can do to legalize it.

Considering Obama chose such a particular moment to side with gay marriage, it was almost surely just a commercial strategy.

(Not directed at you unless you support it) You pro-abortion sick twisted people get me very angry. I find it hilarious when pro-abortion people claim that abortion is the same thing as a guy masturbated. They're comparing semen to a fetus that has legs, arms and sometimes even a brain. Pretty crappy comparison.

You do realize that abortions only kill potential life, right? The legs and arms are not functional until around week 30-38 and the brain is not capable of framing even a single representation about the world and is incapable of formulation plans and acting on them. Most states allow abortions for up to 24 weeks; most abortions are completed long before then (week eight or nine). At this point, the limbs, brain and heart have only barely begun development and have minimal operation.

And than we have the bigger ignorant morons like Rage Against The Machine that claims its rage against Women if you disagree with abortion. Those idiots deserved to be aborted for thinking like total nutjobs. I wish the left aborted their children more often, than we'd have less idiots in the USA.

After raging at those for abortions, you're really going to make a joke promoting abortions toward those you despise? I'm not sure your head is on straight.

I get we have to prevent overpopulation, but lets not sugar-coat what Abortion is. Maybe if idiots didn't have unprotected sex all the time we wouldn't have so many dumb teenagers murdering their babies.

Unprotected sex isn't what causes abortions. The lead causes are financial reasons and anxiety toward the sudden load of responsibility, not unprotected sex.

Should there have been protection used? Probably. Could it have been avoided? Maybe. Can she support a child if she keeps it? Maybe. Will it potentially bring chaos into her life? Very possibly. If you didn't want a kid, would you go through nine months and then childbirth? Unlikely. If the mother did keep it, do we really need more kids in the system who have no parents? No. Was it all completely avoidable and a moot point? Yes.

In short, sperm is potential life; an egg is potential life; a fetus is potential life. None have a functioning brain to think, imagine or feel pain. If you are against preventing potential life, then condoms, birth pills and just not having sex are all at fault.

It's like these people are so stupid they don't realize that having unprotected sex can cause aids and pregnancy. I just can't believe how stupid some people are. From what I read, if it's true that statistically most abortions are not from Rape victims but just gutter trash that only cares about their own sexual pleasures.

Why does it matter to you if people are reckless and end up with an STD or become pregnant? Unfortunately, whether you believe it or not, stupid people are among us. However, you are in no way involved with them unless you make yourself out to be. Get over your pathetic, pretentious problems. Your perspective is fucked up and you can't even get your facts straight. You got the first part right, only 1% of abortions are because of rape; the other 99% are not from "gutter trash that only cares about their own sexual pleasures."

http://tempupload.ngfiles.com/3892284.Human_fetus_observatio n.jpg
One is a human fetus, the other is not. Care to figure out which you are calling a person and the other you are not?

Will Obama win or lose the election

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-26 02:31:22

The left is not only stupid, most of them are unattractive aswell and bum off the welfare system.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-26 20:56:49

At 8/25/12 03:58 AM, ThirtyTurtles wrote:

He ain't gonna respond to your points.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-26 23:00:27

At 8/26/12 02:31 AM, TheKlown wrote: The left is not only stupid, most of them are unattractive aswell and bum off the welfare system.

Seriously, check the welfare maps. You'd be surprised how much more money the conservative states take over the liberal states.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-27 01:17:47

He will lose the election. Even black voters who supported him in 2008 are turning against him in 2012. The media wants you to believe that Obama would win by a landslide just so that conservatives don't vote. People are realizing that Obama has failed. He raised the debt ceiling by 8 trillion dollars, supports regulations killing small businesses and continues to create more of them, says that the middle class is fine, believes that every achievement is made by government and not by the people who actually made it happen, supports large government, believes that money grows on trees, has absolutely no concept of business, never had a single job in his life, and is married to a wife who hates America and secretly supports the taliban (yes it is true btw).

So yeah, anyone who supports Obama still are pretty much beyond stupid.

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-27 18:23:18

I will be so happy if Obama loses the election. People have been telling me that he win this election for last last two years.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-27 18:50:34

Obama will obviously win, given that the alternative is infinitely worse in every way.

RussiaToday : Aljazeera : TEDTalks : io9

"We have the Bill of Rights; what we need is a Bill of Responsibilities." ~ Bill Maher

BBS Signature

Response to Will Obama win or lose the election 2012-08-27 21:23:28

At 8/27/12 07:37 PM, 24901miles wrote: I think he will win and Romney will run again in 2016.

Romney may run again, but if he gets the nod, the GOP has some severe problems...