Be a Supporter!

Will Obama win or lose the election

  • 18,362 Views
  • 514 Replies
New Topic
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:34 PM

At 10/20/12 12:49 PM, Warforger wrote:
Um the question was to Romney, Romney argued why he was different from Bush and then Obama argued why they're still on the same page in terms of what they did wrong.

Ok I'm going to go ahead and just point out to you how this is important.

Not word for word, obviously, It's just for making my point on this question.

Crowley: Romney, how are you different from Bush, a president who was reviled when he left office, is blamed for the economic woes, etc, etc, etc.

Romney: I'm different in these ways.

Obama: Bullshit.

Romney isn't allowed to answer.

It wasn't so much a question as to why Romney is different from Bush, whose very name is toxic in politics, it was a shot to connect Romney to Bush without giving him any real way to defend himself.

and I love everyone who keeps trying to discredit me by saying "you're just butthurt because Romney 'lost' the debate." I can't help but shake my head and laugh at such a weak effort.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:28 PM

At 10/22/12 04:23 PM, Korriken wrote:
At 10/20/12 12:49 PM, Warforger wrote:
Um the question was to Romney, Romney argued why he was different from Bush and then Obama argued why they're still on the same page in terms of what they did wrong.
exactly. How come Obama wasn't asked how he is different from Bush? Even you should be able to figure out the reason this question was asked in the first place.

Because the woman IN THE AUDIENCE specifically asked the question to Gov. Romney, being that he is running to be the first Republican since George W. Bush in the White House. Or is this more of that conspiracy stuff, stacking the audience with 'secret liberals' to shame Romney for being a Republican? Hey, to be fair, Romney knew full well upon running that it would invite comparisons to George W. Bush.

don't make me laugh.

Yes, don't.


BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:30 PM

At 10/22/12 04:34 PM, Korriken wrote:
At 10/20/12 12:49 PM, Warforger wrote:
Romney: I'm different in these ways.

Obama: Bullshit.

Romney isn't allowed to answer.

By this logic a debate should go on forever about one question FROM SOMEONE IN THE AUDIENCE.


It wasn't so much a question as to why Romney is different from Bush, whose very name is toxic in politics, it was a shot to connect Romney to Bush without giving him any real way to defend himself.

Whose fault is it that the Bush name is toxic? Isn't the Republican Party the one about taking responsibility for one's actions and fuck-ups?


BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:00 PM

At 10/22/12 05:30 PM, JMHX wrote: Isn't the Republican Party the one about taking responsibility for one's actions and fuck-ups?

Only when it's somebody else's.

Warforger
Warforger
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:14 PM

At 10/22/12 04:23 PM, Korriken wrote: How many times did Obama get the final word? It's a simple matter of fact and it's a number. Tell me, how many times Obama get the last word in, compared to Romney? and YES it's important because whoever gets the last word in does so without the other person being allowed to respond.

I don't know, but I did know it wasn't significant or notable. Romney did have the last word about as many times as did Obama and that was when Romney was touting his outright lies (like Obama doubling the deficit or Obama quadrupling regulations).

exactly. How come Obama wasn't asked how he is different from Bush? Even you should be able to figure out the reason this question was asked in the first place.

Because he kind of doesn't have too? He's not a Republican therefore he'll be different and he has been different. Mitt Romney on the other hand has a similar platform, is a Republican and probably supported Bush for awhile.

Ignored? no. here is what she said, "It did as well take 2 weeks or so for the whole idea of there being a riot out there about this tape to come out" what riot about the tape? the riot was merely used as a distraction while the militia attacked the consulate. She didn't say, "It took 2 weeks or so of saying the tape was to blame before coming out and saying it was a preplanned attack" if that's not covering for Obama, I don't know what is.

Actually looking at it again, she was backing Romney up affirming what he was claiming. While she said he was wrong when he said it took 2 weeks to say it was an act of terror she did say that he was right that he took 2 weeks to say it was a riot. If that's not being unbiased I don't know what is.

everyone? don't make me laugh. If everyone thought it was a good debate there would be no spin because everyone would agree that it was a good debate. If no one thought the moderator was biased there would be no 'spin' on anything.

lulz. If only that was reality. Obama beat Romney here, like usual people take couple of out of context quotes and spin it. It's like the whole "You didn't build that" thing, "If he didn't mean it, then why would everyone spin it that way?"


"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.
" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:29 AM

At 10/21/12 10:33 PM, JMHX wrote: Also, in reference to the 1948 Truman point, both you and Warforger are slightly wrong. It wasn't so much the POLLS that had Truman losing as it was the election returns on election night. That's why the Chicago Tribune ran that unfortunate headline - it was running off of preliminary exit returns from precincts that ended up going Truman's way. 1948 was entirely a flaw of the news industry trying to get a jump on the actual event. I've actually got one of those papers hanging on my wall, it's a great reminder for those of us who use polls and focus groups professionally that there is the potential for even the best analyst to be wrong.

It was actually a combination of both. Polls at that time were relatively new and wasn't nearly as sophisticated at that time as it is today. The methodology for polling back then added a rather significant margin of error; ie, polls would look up driving registrations and call people on those lists, which would result in a lopsided party ID: cars were expensive and out of reach for many Americans at the time, which gave an under representation of the significant portion of poor Democrats.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:58 PM

For a follow-up on how excessive polling can yield what is essentially a normalized bell curve covering all potentialities, here's Monday's list of polls:

Will Obama win or lose the election


BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:17 PM

At 10/22/12 07:14 PM, Warforger wrote:
I don't know, but I did know it wasn't significant or notable. Romney did have the last word about as many times as did Obama and that was when Romney was touting his outright lies (like Obama doubling the deficit or Obama quadrupling regulations).

give me a number. who, in the 2nd debate, got the last word how many times and no it was NOT 'about as many times'. This question is not about who said what, who was lying, and who was being an innocent little angel.

Because he kind of doesn't have too? He's not a Republican therefore he'll be different and he has been different. Mitt Romney on the other hand has a similar platform, is a Republican and probably supported Bush for awhile.

intellectual dishonesty doesn't work with me. no because he's 'not a republican' doesn't mean he can't be like bush. Even flaming liberals like Michael Moore have compared him to Bush. Don't give me that crap.


Actually looking at it again, she was backing Romney up affirming what he was claiming. While she said he was wrong when he said it took 2 weeks to say it was an act of terror she did say that he was right that he took 2 weeks to say it was a riot. If that's not being unbiased I don't know what is.

*head scratch* it wasn't a riot gone wrong, the riot was simply a convenient coincidence used as a cover by the attackers... and Obama. It would have happened either way. Us intelligence knew within 24 hours that it was a preplanned attack, yet Obama went 2 weeks insisting that it was a spontaneous attack, before admitting otherwise when the furor simply would not die and people simply would not forget that it had happened. Crowley's choice of words covered quite well for Obama.

lulz. If only that was reality. Obama beat Romney here, like usual people take couple of out of context quotes and spin it. It's like the whole "You didn't build that" thing, "If he didn't mean it, then why would everyone spin it that way?"

the better question would be, "who the hell let wrote the line for him and didn't think it wouldn't be spun and used against him?' When Bush said dumb things, it was usually because he said something dumb, like "misunderestimate" or "putting food on your family" we both know professional speech writers write what most politicians say, not the politicians themselves.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:57 PM

At 10/22/12 07:14 PM, Warforger wrote:
exactly. How come Obama wasn't asked how he is different from Bush? Even you should be able to figure out the reason this question was asked in the first place.
Because he kind of doesn't have too? He's not a Republican therefore he'll be different and he has been different. Mitt Romney on the other hand has a similar platform, is a Republican and probably supported Bush for awhile.

In the end, what the Obama campaign isn't telling you is that there is not much daylight between Obama policies and Bush policies. In many ways Bush was not a fiscal conservative, nor was he much a social one (with the exception of gay marriage). All one has to do is look at his legacy. Bush pushed stimulus when faced with recession...so did Obama. Bush expanded the government, entitlements and the deficit...so did Obama. In many ways Obama's presidency has just been Bush's third term.


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:58 PM

At 10/23/12 05:57 PM, TheMason wrote:
At 10/23/12 05:57 PM, TheMason wrote:

(Oh...and let's not forget GitMo is still open, we left Iraq on Bush's timeline, and Obama used a Bush-style surge in Afghanistan.)


Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
Camarohusky
Camarohusky
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Movie Buff
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:04 PM

At 10/23/12 05:58 PM, TheMason wrote: (Oh...and let's not forget GitMo is still open, we left Iraq on Bush's timeline, and Obama used a Bush-style surge in Afghanistan.)

Confronting the unfixable mess of a predecessor is hardly following in thepredecessor's footsteps.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Member since: Jun. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:15 PM

At 10/23/12 06:04 PM, Camarohusky wrote:
Confronting the unfixable mess of a predecessor is hardly following in thepredecessor's footsteps.

it is when you handle it in the same way the predecessor did.


I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:34 PM

At 10/23/12 05:58 PM, TheMason wrote:
At 10/23/12 05:57 PM, TheMason wrote:
At 10/23/12 05:57 PM, TheMason wrote:
(Oh...and let's not forget GitMo is still open, we left Iraq on Bush's timeline, and Obama used a Bush-style surge in Afghanistan.)

Gitmo Gitmo Gitmo

You get Congress to work with the White House on the Gitmo plan they tried for three years to push, then we'll make some progress on Gitmo.


BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 06:39 PM

At 10/23/12 06:37 PM, Profanity wrote:
At 10/23/12 06:34 PM, JMHX wrote:
At 10/23/12 05:57 PM, TheMason wrote:
(Oh...and let's not forget GitMo is still open, we left Iraq on Bush's timeline, and Obama used a Bush-style surge in Afghanistan.)
Gitmo Gitmo Gitmo
Gitmo is no longer a torture prison. The Obama Administration has filed a law to allow the residents to be detained until they can be processed safely.

Now think about how vague and eminently bendable those two sentences are, and you'll see why I'm so anxious to have the fucking thing closed.


BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:47 PM

At 10/23/12 06:37 PM, Profanity wrote: Gitmo is no longer a torture prison. The Obama Administration has filed a law to allow the residents to be detained until they can be processed safely.

The whole point of Gitmo was to/is to bypass the legal system in America.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:07 PM

At 10/23/12 07:56 PM, TheKlown wrote: Cheating to win Florida.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-voter-fraud-
letter-20121023,0,2934265.story

Hey, here's something similar directly linked to the Virginia Republican Party, but this one involves throwing Democratic voter registrations in the garbage!

Shockingly, the Republican Sheriff will not be investigating further. Hmm.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/republican-c ampaign-worker-charged-with-voter-registration-fraud/2012/10 /19/c07cc378-1a01-11e2-94aa-9240e72ee00b_story.html


BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:08 PM

At 10/23/12 08:07 PM, JMHX wrote:
At 10/23/12 07:56 PM, TheKlown wrote: Cheating to win Florida.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-voter-fraud-
letter-20121023,0,2934265.story
Hey, here's something similar directly linked to the Virginia Republican Party, but this one involves throwing Democratic voter registrations in the garbage!

Shockingly, the Republican Sheriff will not be investigating further. Hmm.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/republican-c ampaign-worker-charged-with-voter-registration-fraud/2012/10 /19/c07cc378-1a01-11e2-94aa-9240e72ee00b_story.html

I think all of them should be busted and serve serious time behind bars. I do not understand why people feel the need to cheat to try to win a certain Candidate the election.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:11 PM

At 10/23/12 08:08 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 10/23/12 08:07 PM, JMHX wrote:
At 10/23/12 07:56 PM, TheKlown wrote:
I think all of them should be busted and serve serious time behind bars. I do not understand why people feel the need to cheat to try to win a certain Candidate the election.

Any reason you pointed out solely a Democratic-leaning organization's effort to win Florida? Not the Virginia or Ohio cases? Fortunately the Republicans are pretty clean on th-- oh, wha, wahey!

Florida prosecutors charge Republican voter registration firm with fraud

Working through state parties, the RNC has sent more than $3.1 million this year to Strategic Allied Consulting, a company formed in June by Nathan Sproul, an Arizona voting consultant. Sproul has operated other firms that have been accused in past elections of improprieties designed to help Republican candidates, including dumping registration forms filled out by Democrats, but none of those allegations led to any criminal charges.

Cheating to win Florida, indeed.


BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:11 PM

Is Chris Matthews the man Liberals look up to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok12hB49KDk


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:55 PM

At 10/23/12 09:11 PM, TheKlown wrote: Is Chris Matthews the man Liberals look up to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok12hB49KDk

>Klown said, hurriedly setting up that straw man to detract from JMHX's counterargument.

No one's talking about Chris, Klowny. Don't run away.


BBS Signature
Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

Lets look at history, Republicans gave women the right to vote, Democrats did not. Democrats are associated with creating hate groups such as the KKK and Black Panthers. It's pretty ironic for Democrats to make everything about Race, War on women, when Democrats created Hate groups and were the ones who were at war with women. Who freed the slaves? Not Democrats, if Democrats had their way we would still have African Americans as slaves.

MSNBC trying to use fear tactics to gain votes for their Candidate. It's funny that MSNBC talks about all these things Democrats have done for women, but they really haven't done any of it. Where is that equal Pay that Democrats kept promising over the years? Where is the gay Marriages across USA that Democrats promised? Too many broken promises, too late. If the Gallup poll is anything to go by, Americans have woken up from the lies of The Democrats. Not to say Republicans are so much better.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 02:16 PM

DON'T STRAW MAN ON ME KLOWN. We were talking about voter fraud. VOTER FRAUD. You're not going to get me to change the subject just because you're getting it thrown back in your face, bud.

Let's get back to Republican-led voter fraud efforts. Here's one that just came up in Colorado, with the Colorado GOP officially apologizing. And, shock, it's the same guy's company from Florida!

Colo. girl registering âEU~only RomneyâEUTM voters tied to firm dumped by RNC over fraud


BBS Signature
JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 02:18 PM

I would urge my dear friends and NG Politics colleagues to note Klown's two efforts to derail the actual discussion once it became apparent that his jab at Democrats in Florida was undermined by a massive, multi-state effort by the Republican Party (through vendors previously accused of voter fraud) to disenfranchise Democrats and minorities.

1st Attempt: B-B-BUT CHRIS MATTHEWS SUX
2nd Attempt: B-B-BUT DEMOCRATS FROM THE 1850S LOVED THE KLAN

Please note these, laugh at them, and continue to press the discussion topic at hand. Klowny doesn't get to weasel out of it.


BBS Signature
TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate

I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 02:47 PM

America has woken up from this Nightmare.

Letterman: Obama "Not Telling The Truth" About Romney And Auto Bailout

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/24/letterman_
obama_not_telling_the_truth_about_romney_and_auto_bailout.ht ml

DAVE LETTERMAN, HOST: Here's what upset me last night âEU¦ this playing fast and loose with facts. And President Obama cites the op-ed piece that Romney wrote about Detroit, 'Let them go bankrupt, let them go bankrupt.' And last night he brings it up again, 'Oh no, Governor, you said let them go bankrupt, blah blah blah, let them go bankrupt, blah.' And Mitt said, 'No, no, check the thing, check the thing, check the thing.'

Now, I don't care whether you're Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth, you want the contender to be lying. And so when we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece, I felt discouraged.

RACHEL MADDOW, GUEST: Because the 'Let Detroit Go Bankrupt' headline, you felt like, was inappropriate?

LETTERMAN: The fact that the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he's the president, of course he's right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

TheKlown
TheKlown
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 03:05 PM

At 10/24/12 03:00 PM, Profanity wrote:
The video ON THAT PAGE has Rachel Maddow, a PhD Rhodes Scholar, saying that Obama was right, and explaining the Op/Ed piece.

Please do your research

What she said made no sense, what David Letterman said was correct. She ran around the question, while our President lied to the People. Don't worry, this Jimmy Carter clone won't be in office unless the election is rigged. When is the last time the gallup poll was wrong? Americans have woken up from this Nightmare, and do not want 4 more years of Jimmy Carter.


I bleed Orange, Green, and Red.
Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers.

Feoric
Feoric
  • Member since: Mar. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 03:24 PM

At 10/24/12 02:47 PM, TheKlown wrote: America has woken up from this Nightmare.

C'mob, Klown. You can do better than copying and pasting from a blog piece of newsbusters of all places. Or maybe you can't.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Member since: Oct. 18, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Will Obama win or lose the election Oct. 24th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM

Witness now as Klown tries to rope Profanity and others into a side-argument, praying and praying and praying they won't realize his initial point about voter fraud has been fucking demolished, hoping hoping hoping they'll fight him over the video (which nobody here was defending in the first place) instead of pressing forward and making Klown concede that he's guilty of -totally-making-shit-up-


BBS Signature