00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight

11,568 Views | 148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-15 19:33:16

At 9/5/12 03:41 PM, sweet21 wrote: Oh look, it's raiden.

Oh snap, now it's a day 1 buy from me.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-15 20:43:48

At 10/15/12 04:03 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: Below is the complete set of pre-order costumes. These costumes work for both versions of the game.

Hmmmm. That looks like a full roster to me. So does that mean they revealed literally EVERYBODY in their trailers? There better be some characters they didnt reveal

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-15 21:17:12

At 10/15/12 08:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: There better be some characters they didnt reveal

Crash Bandicoot plz

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-15 21:59:47

At 10/15/12 08:43 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 10/15/12 04:03 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: Below is the complete set of pre-order costumes. These costumes work for both versions of the game.
Hmmmm. That looks like a full roster to me. So does that mean they revealed literally EVERYBODY in their trailers? There better be some characters they didnt reveal

There is possibility of a few more characters being in game. Whether they are unlock-able or DLC unknown.

Crash Bandicoot, Old Snake, Cloud and Wander may pop up somewhere according to Paul Gale. Kat and an Assassin's Creed rep (which one is unknown) may be future DLC. Spyro and some other people I can't remember were cut from the game, I believe. SuperBot currently keeps stating this is the "Lauch roster", however that could mean:

1) There are characters that you can unlock
or
2) This is the final amount of on-disc characters

I honestly hope there are more characters on-disc because everyone that was in the leak character files on the beta still has not yet appeared it seems (The question mark and black space in the top right).

Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight

Just call me Psycho for short.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-18 16:38:56

This game looks pretty bad. With the obvious clash of character choices aside, the gameplay itself looks pretty boring.

It seems like it's just a spamfest until you get your super power which ends the match. It seems to be somewhat related to the Final Smash in Brawl, and I thought that ruined the element of skill that the game took. All in all, the characters don't look good running around on the same playing field, and the gameplay itself looks rather lackluster and talentless.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-18 17:08:24

I've played the Beta and i'd say that the actual fighting mechanics work a lot better than games like SSB as far as combos as fluidity but that also is what makes it suffer more as a party kind of game. With 4 players it's just too hectic considering the game wants you to string together combos. One on one fights could be a lot of fun but with all the characters playing at once it's just pretty good. It's still just a beta though and even then it's pretty fun despite all the fact that EVERYONE plays Kratos.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-18 18:10:53

I played the beta a bit. It was interesting. I def will buy it eventually.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-19 15:54:09

At 10/15/12 09:17 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 10/15/12 08:43 PM, sweet21 wrote: There better be some characters they didnt reveal
Crash Bandicoot plz

Spyro plz.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-19 18:05:53

At 9/5/12 03:41 PM, sweet21 wrote: Oh look, it's raiden.

Looks pretty cool. I'm actually glad they're not trying to mimic Brawl by throwing Snake in there. Looks like they're trying to really hammer home the fresh characters and gameplay motif.

I do want to see Crash Bandicoot in there, though, like a lot of other people. That would be a great nod to my childhood.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-19 18:52:42

I was gonna sgn up for the beta, but i hate how its so limited (only 4 characters and 2 stages).

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-19 19:56:57

At 10/19/12 06:52 PM, TheMajormel wrote: I was gonna sgn up for the beta, but i hate how its so limited (only 4 characters and 2 stages).

Atleast it's better than nothing. But I hate that betas these days are used as a demo, instead of an actual beta.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-19 22:36:52

At 10/19/12 06:52 PM, TheMajormel wrote: I was gonna sgn up for the beta, but i hate how its so limited (only 4 characters and 2 stages).

I don't know about the stages but there are six characters to play in my version of the beta.

Fat Princess
Radec
Sweet Tooth
Sly
Kratos
Parappa

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-20 11:53:56

At 10/19/12 06:05 PM, ZJ wrote:
Looks pretty cool. I'm actually glad they're not trying to mimic Brawl by throwing Snake in there.

Snakes voice actor was confirmed to take some part in this game even before Nathan Drake and Big Daddy were revealed. Whether he is playable or is making a cameo appearance is currently unknown. However he does have a chance to be in this game, but it may be either Old Snake or Naked Snake.

I'm personally hoping for Old Snake, I know I said I wasn't a Metal Gear fan, but then I played the games and saw they're alright.

On a side note the beta is really good, I just wish my connection was about the same. I was using Sly and Kratos so far, but people say Kratos is overused so now I'm trying to just get good with Sly. Right now Sly feels like one of those characters that takes the entire match to build up his level 3 super, but maybe that's just the way I play. His invisibility sometimes doesn't help, since the opponents can see his outline and the camera gives you some idea as to how far/close his is. I would've completely avoided a SweetTooth level 3 though, if he hadn't stepped on me. Also my advice is whenever you're in the air, always come down with Down+Square, that attack gives you a good amount of AP. Also if your opponent knocks you away (especially if it's Radec), use Forward+Circle to sort of "Dash" toward them.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-23 15:43:37

Beta goes public today everyone. At least for U.S as far as I'm aware. I've bought Plus to play a week or so earlier.

Who will you play as?

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-23 18:50:20

At 10/23/12 03:43 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: Beta goes public today everyone. At least for U.S as far as I'm aware. I've bought Plus to play a week or so earlier.

Who will you play as?

I have been waiting since 2 for the store to update and I aint seeing shit. I want to play it, the store usually updates at 2, what the hell is going on? I want to fucking play this disaster/above average game already.

nothing leads me to believe this game will be great, just meh.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-23 18:57:05

At 10/23/12 06:50 PM, sweet21 wrote:
I have been waiting since 2 for the store to update and I aint seeing shit. I want to play it, the store usually updates at 2, what the hell is going on? I want to fucking play this disaster/above average game already.
nothing leads me to believe this game will be great, just meh.

I thought the Playstation store always updated around 6 here in places like New York. I guess the update depends on where you live.

I think you'll enjoy it, hands-on is way better than watching the gameplay videos, especially since there are barely any new ones coming out...

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-23 21:14:57

Okay, first impressions time.

They bullshit about a more disciplined fighting system. You cant combo AT ALL. Every attack is a single hit attack with a very very wide cooldown period. And every attack sends you flying across the screen. Every. Single. ONE. You cant have disciplined fighting with that. No combos are to be had, no strategy.

Having Parapa the rappa as the tutorial guide was just the worst first impression of all though. That voice acting, that voice acting, it made the future look bleak. And his level 3...oh man it was so bad.

As far as attacking, lets look at it this way:
Marvel vs capcom 3: 4 button fighter, light attack, medium attack, heavy attack, special attack.
street fighter: six button fight, light, medium, heavy punches and kicks for best control.
Smash brothers: like two buttons, I dont remember, dont judge me.

Playstation all stars: What the fuck does each one do? This corelates to the previous rant of no disciplined fighting, but it would be nice to know what did what. square appears to be a light attack, but triangle and circle are just "what the fuck" attacks.

And by god that stylization. The fucking game is NOT stylized.You have three characters that try to look as realistic as possible, one character that looks like a cartoon, a piece of paper, and a retarded cell shaded comic book character, what do you get? A cluster fuck of clashing art styles with no congruent look. The end result makes the game look and feel generic as fuck.

Music, even worse. They did not even bother to remix, or recreate tracks to fit the dynamic backgrounds, they just ripped out tracks from both games, did they mix them to create a catchy remix? No. Fucking example:
God of war & patapon level; Kratos' theme, patapon show up, use MIDI channel fading and start playing patapon music. And for fucks sake, out of all the patapon themes why did you pick the shitties one of them all? Why not the double headed demon boss theme from the first game? Why? WHY? Why alien munchkins?

Fucking first impression: This is shit, not even a second look at this uninspired garbage, keep playing smash brothers.
^*Note, first impression, ill try again in abit and see if my opinion doesnt change. It probably wont*

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-23 23:04:34

At 10/23/12 09:14 PM, sweet21 wrote: Okay, first impressions time.

They bullshit about a more disciplined fighting system. You cant combo AT ALL. Every attack is a single hit attack with a very very wide cooldown period. And every attack sends you flying across the screen. Every. Single. ONE. You cant have disciplined fighting with that. No combos are to be had, no strategy.

Having Parapa the rappa as the tutorial guide was just the worst first impression of all though. That voice acting, that voice acting, it made the future look bleak. And his level 3...oh man it was so bad.

As far as attacking, lets look at it this way:
Marvel vs capcom 3: 4 button fighter, light attack, medium attack, heavy attack, special attack.
street fighter: six button fight, light, medium, heavy punches and kicks for best control.
Smash brothers: like two buttons, I dont remember, dont judge me.

Playstation all stars: What the fuck does each one do? This corelates to the previous rant of no disciplined fighting, but it would be nice to know what did what. square appears to be a light attack, but triangle and circle are just "what the fuck" attacks.

Well, let's look at it this way: people kept on pointing out so many similarities to Smash that they had to come up with a new fighting style for the game. Sure, it's probably not as smooth as it could be, but then for the more "serious" gamers who choose to buy this game, there would be complaining about how easy it is to string combos together and how people would want more of a challenge than what they were presented with.

Like me for instance: I hate, just HATE the Street Fighter fighting controls. Most people would say that I was crazy and just another biased Tekken fan (which I will say has the better controls of the two), but it's more than that. I could never even string a simple Hadouken. It was so strict with what had to happen and when. Dhalism was the only character that was slightly playable for me. Street Fighter IV was probably the biggest disappointment in a fighting game I had seen in quite a while and definitely wasn't worth the $40 I spent for it when it was in its "Greatest Hits" red box for the PlayStation.

And by god that stylization. The fucking game is NOT stylized.You have three characters that try to look as realistic as possible, one character that looks like a cartoon, a piece of paper, and a retarded cell shaded comic book character, what do you get? A cluster fuck of clashing art styles with no congruent look. The end result makes the game look and feel generic as fuck.

What can you expect? They wanted to, again, be different from Smash Bros. otherwise they would be seen as complete copiers of the latter game. They tried their best to capture the essence and meaning of what each game's background had developed overtime.

Music, even worse. They did not even bother to remix, or recreate tracks to fit the dynamic backgrounds, they just ripped out tracks from both games, did they mix them to create a catchy remix? No. Fucking example:
God of war & patapon level; Kratos' theme, patapon show up, use MIDI channel fading and start playing patapon music. And for fucks sake, out of all the patapon themes why did you pick the shitties one of them all? Why not the double headed demon boss theme from the first game? Why? WHY? Why alien munchkins?

Can't say much for this part as I haven't played most of the games except for InFamous, Uncharted, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Little Big Planet- y'know what, I'll just stop there...

Fucking first impression: This is shit, not even a second look at this uninspired garbage, keep playing smash brothers.
^*Note, first impression, ill try again in abit and see if my opinion doesnt change. It probably wont*

I'll just have to find out when I get it myself. To each man his own, eh?

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-24 01:17:11

At 10/23/12 11:04 PM, Trapex wrote: Like me for instance: I hate, just HATE the Street Fighter fighting controls. and stuff.

DUDE. Did you not see what I wrote up there? This game has no combo system or chaining, AT ALL. You'll hate this even more than street fighter if that rant of yours is the case.

What can you expect? They wanted to, again, be different from Smash Bros.

Im not saying they need to look like smash bros. im saying they need to have a distinct style. Like, marvel vs capcom 3, everyone fit because of the comic book art style and cell shading.
Did the same with street fighter X tekken.
Hell even old school arcade cross over games had it right. Gmaes like SNK vs. capcom, they worked because they combined or fabricated a unique art style.
Smash bros. did it too, they combined and mashed the art style to feel more natural.
All stars said "fuck it" and slapped textures carelessly without giving a FUCK.

I'll just have to find out when I get it myself. To each man his own, eh?

The 'beta' is up now. May as well try it.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-24 08:36:19

So I played the demo at gamestop, I was pretty disappointed.
The combo chaining felt more like a lie, since it looks like i cant combo at all. And picking up weapons seriously made me wonder why they just cant use the 3 attack buttons instead of the R1 button. Also, why in fucking shit can X only be used to jump instead f using the analog stick? would've been better imo.

Maybe Ill try it again wih a different character, since parappa doesnt seem to fit my playstyle more.

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-24 15:43:22

At 10/23/12 09:14 PM, sweet21 wrote:

They wanted to stay traditional really, I guess the different art styles for it are on purpose. As for combos I can kind of see what you mean, although it is just a beta and the practice mode is just for one Parappa, so I'd guess we have to wait for the full game to see more of those. Also the different buttons are meant to be light, medium heavy attacks and then there's just a jump button. I guess for gameplay like this it'd feel weird using the D-Pad for jumping (although I think button configurations will be in the game.)

Combos may take some time to figure out for a game like this.

And for fucks sake, out of all the patapon themes why did you pick the shitties one of them all?

By the way can you tell me the name of that Patapon song in the Hades level? I never played that game before, but I kind of like it.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-24 16:27:13

At 10/24/12 03:43 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: By the way can you tell me the name of that Patapon song in the Hades level? I never played that game before, but I kind of like it.

The theme is from patapon 3 is all I know. I only played 1 and 2. Patapon is a rhythm game that uses MIDI channel fading the better you drum. That being said, when you find the track you like it wont sound like that from the beginning, in fact from the sound of it they weren't playing it from fever, but the lesser stages.
The OST plays using fever, so in short, you will find the song, but the area you are looking for wont be the area they play.

As far as hades, I think a boss theme would have fit it better. As i mentioned before, two headed demon boss
gorls theme remixed would have fit it better.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-10-24 17:18:25

At 10/24/12 04:27 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 10/24/12 03:43 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: By the way can you tell me the name of that Patapon song in the Hades level? I never played that game before, but I kind of like it.
The theme is from patapon 3 is all I know. I only played 1 and 2. Patapon is a rhythm game that uses MIDI channel fading the better you drum. That being said, when you find the track you like it wont sound like that from the beginning, in fact from the sound of it they weren't playing it from fever, but the lesser stages.
The OST plays using fever, so in short, you will find the song, but the area you are looking for wont be the area they play.

As far as hades, I think a boss theme would have fit it better. As i mentioned before, two headed demon boss
gorls theme remixed would have fit it better.

No wonder I couldn't seem to find it. Thank you.

Also here's some gameplay of Franzea. It's the only video of it so far.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-06 17:39:11

Not sure this will work if you don't have a Facebook account, but feel free to try it anyway. Which Playstation character are you?

PSASBR Facebook App

I got Sly Cooper:

"Cunning, sneaky and full of tricks, they don't call him Sly for nothing. This Royale raccoon is almost impossible to pin down; In fact, he's so light on his feet you might not even see him most of the time. So, *The-Psycho-Ragdoller*, if you're a nimble mover, and your loyalty to your family traditions is only outdone by your loyalty to your friends, then you probably have more in common with raccoons than you thought."

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-08 12:27:51

New Trailer with rivalries!

I love this game!

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-09 23:34:29

At 11/8/12 12:27 PM, The-Psycho-Ragdoller wrote: New Trailer with rivalries!

I love this game!

Looks neat.

So, the final roster is pretty much public knowledge at this point. Still shocked they didn't put Crash in there. Holding out for him to appear in some upcoming DLC, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-15 15:38:21

We're getting free DLC early 2013.

Click me!

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-15 16:27:12

Now that I think about it...Wheres Laharl?

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-15 17:16:42

At 11/15/12 04:27 PM, sweet21 wrote: Now that I think about it...Wheres Laharl?

Who is Laharl?

Also, IGN had a two-hour recorded stream and played with Omar Kendall. It shows things you may not have seen. It starts at about 35 minutes in.

Response to Ps3 Exclusive: Title Fight 2012-11-15 20:03:11

FUCK, first I see Twisted Metal being PS3 exclusive, then Street Fighter X Tekken being a bit better on the PS3 than on the Xbox, it just sucks sometimes. PS3 has more exclusives 'cause it's harder to make games on the PS3 than on the Xbox, because of its CPU, so they need to sell more for all their hard work.

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature