00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grand Theft Auto V: Official!

105,115 Views | 1,391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 13:37:25

Will Lazlow be returning?

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 13:45:27

Look's good just hope they steer clear of making it like IV & hopefully they will bring back frenzy mode & since it's los santos i hope the co-op icons are still in the city, co-op in sa was pretty fucking fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 14:01:55

At 11/2/11 01:37 PM, animehater wrote: Will Lazlow be returning?

I fucking love that guy!

And the Bastion show!

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 14:16:03

I do wonder if CJ will make a cameo or something.

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 14:26:52

That looks fucking amazing. That's exactly what I said about GTA IV too, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I'd give IV about a a 6.5 or 7. Hopefully it's like a somewhat revamped SA.

Lolthread

Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 14:47:55

At 11/2/11 02:16 PM, jonathanfis wrote: I do wonder if CJ will make a cameo or something.

I wouldn't be surprised. In fact, I'm almost certain he will. Just look at how many previous GTA characters have appeared in other GTA games.

At 11/2/11 02:35 PM, logic wrote: The guy narrating the trailer reminds me of Henry Hill ( the main character from Goodfellas )

Funny thing. Henry Hill was voiced by Ray Liotta who also voiced Tommy Vercetti in Vice City. I think it's pretty safe to say that it isn't Ray Liottia.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 15:14:07

I believe its Tommy Vercetti from Vice%uFEFF City...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 15:37:49

The first thing I'll try to do in multiplayer will be to try to ram a jet plane into another player's car as he's trying to drive through the highway.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 15:40:20

At 11/2/11 03:30 PM, Manly-Chicken wrote: GTA 4 and 5 are set in different realities from GTA 3 (yet Lazlow thankfully managed to travel through dimensions somehow)

What do you mean by different realities? The story lines all interweave and characters have been seen in multiple games. GTA 3 and Vice City characters have been seen in GTA San Andreas so I don't see why we couldn't see CJ in his home town, even if it is set 20 years or so after the San Andreas story line.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:01:29

At 11/2/11 03:40 PM, Dean wrote: What do you mean by different realities? The story lines all interweave and characters have been seen in multiple games. GTA 3 and Vice City characters have been seen in GTA San Andreas so I don't see why we couldn't see CJ in his home town, even if it is set 20 years or so after the San Andreas story line.

GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are all set in the same universe, GTA4 is set in a different universe from GTA3. And GTA5? Given what seems to be the same engine I'll assume it's set in the same universe as GTA4 but nothing is set in stone.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:12:01

If there's any hint in the game as to who it will be, it's the opening part "I wanted to retire from that line of work, be a good guy for once."

I'm assuming it's Tommy from Vice City, moved to San An / Los Santos / Whatever to start over like he says, and well yeah...

Man I can't fucking wait!

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:12:57

At 11/2/11 04:01 PM, animehater wrote: GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are all set in the same universe, GTA4 is set in a different universe from GTA3.

I never actually knew this. I guess it should have struck me when there was no mention at all (that I can recall) of anything related to III, Vice City or San Andreas in GTA IV.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:28:38

At 11/2/11 04:15 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: Looks likes we have Private Jets, F-18s, and crop dusters. Hopefully some more planes! Thats pretty much my favorite part in the trailer,

Here's to hoping they have tanks and military hardware. And maybe a specific multiplayer mode where you can use that stuff on each other as some kind of war theme.

Hell while we're on it I'd love to see the army make a comeback because I honestly have no idea what's the difference between the four, five, and six star wanted levels in GTA4.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:42:21

At 11/2/11 04:28 PM, animehater wrote: Hell while we're on it I'd love to see the army make a comeback because I honestly have no idea what's the difference between the four, five, and six star wanted levels in GTA4.

Army was only called in at six in previous games. SWAT still came at four and FIB came at five in IV.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:45:51

There's NO WAY the main character is any of the protagonists from a past GTA. They've never re-used characters before, why would they do it now? Also, all the GTA games are in the same universe, I don't even know where that theory came from. Though, of course, we've seen changes in Liberty City's design and I'm sure we'll see changes in Los Santos' design. They're still the same city, same world, same universe. I think it would be pretty awesome to see CJ make an appearance. By that I don't mean "If you look in the apartment during this cutscene you can see him" I mean he actually has a semi-important part in the game, more so than Claude's cameo in San Andreas. All he did was race you and fuck Catalina.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:52:48

At 11/2/11 04:15 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: . I wish they could have atleast shown the character who I think might be the gray haired one in the part with the van when they kick open the door because it said he wanted to retire...Possibly a older adult?

Like I said its probably Tommy Vercetti from GTA Vice City.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 16:56:02

At 11/2/11 04:52 PM, AtomicD00M wrote: Like I said its probably Tommy Vercetti from GTA Vice City.

Would you be willing to lay down coin on that?

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 17:36:31

At 11/2/11 04:56 PM, animehater wrote:
At 11/2/11 04:52 PM, AtomicD00M wrote:
Would you be willing to lay down coin on that?

Im 70% sure..
Plus listen of what he is saying in the trailer.

Grand Theft Auto V: Official!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 18:11:32

Tommy was seen in SA So was Claude"Although he left for LC after the mission" & Tommy is there for Ken so it's possible that tommy stayed in SA.
Not unlikely for them to use old characters like Toni in GTA:LCS & his role in III giving claude jobs & then there is GTA 1 & London 69/61 which feature many protagonist to use.
All the storys mix together just like IV CJ is on the tv there also the Los Santos plane ticket etc we may or may not play the same character in V but we will probably see some old faces again.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 18:42:50

With graphics that good, do you think it will be released on PC first?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 18:54:16

At 11/2/11 06:42 PM, Painbringer wrote: With graphics that good, do you think it will be released on PC first?

Rockstar releasing games on the PC first? Good one.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 19:02:03

So its confirmed los santos is where its going to be located. I wonder who is the player character is going to be?

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 19:56:54

At 11/2/11 07:46 PM, FBIpolux wrote: ah my gahd

i need a new xbox 360 / ps3

What's wrong with the ones you have?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 20:00:05

At 11/2/11 07:56 PM, ModernPatriot wrote: What's wrong with the ones you have?

Prolly sold 'em with his early copy of GTA4.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 20:03:23

At 11/2/11 05:38 PM, mushroomn wrote: I'm pretty sure that guy just made that up, or at least that's as far as I can tell.

Pretty bold claim calling me a liar. I suggest you back that up friend.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 20:28:41

I hope they make it take place in the entire San Andreas state. Limitations shouldn't be a problem, since Blu-Rays hold tons of data, and L.A. Noire was released with multiple discs on the 360,

Bounce Bounce Jiggle Bounce :3

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 21:11:12

At 11/2/11 07:10 PM, Travis wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KQOWPtRO pk&feature=related

Seriously... this woulda kicked so much ass.

Oh man the memories. Gotta love that late 90s Dnb too ;)

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-02 21:11:13

At 11/2/11 08:28 PM, InDuStRiEl wrote: I hope they make it take place in the entire San Andreas state. Limitations shouldn't be a problem, since Blu-Rays hold tons of data, and L.A. Noire was released with multiple discs on the 360,

L.A Noire was pretty linear though, I really don't want to swap disks every time I enter a new city in a free roam game.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-03 00:14:41

At 11/2/11 08:33 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 11/2/11 07:56 PM, ModernPatriot wrote:
At 11/2/11 07:46 PM, FBIpolux wrote: ah my gahd

i need a new xbox 360 / ps3
What's wrong with the ones you have?
I sold em. I only have a Wii now.

Oh wow that sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2011-11-03 01:30:22

At 11/2/11 09:11 PM, animehater wrote:
At 11/2/11 08:28 PM, InDuStRiEl wrote: I hope they make it take place in the entire San Andreas state. Limitations shouldn't be a problem, since Blu-Rays hold tons of data, and L.A. Noire was released with multiple discs on the 360,
L.A Noire was pretty linear though, I really don't want to swap disks every time I enter a new city in a free roam game.

Well that's the 360 users problem not us PS3 users. If they don't make the entire state of SA I'll be angry because it was the 360's limitations that caused that. GTA is all about free roaming fun so to limit it to just a single city because one console's tech can't handle it is bull.

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature