New Topic Respond to this Topic
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 11/8/11 01:50 PM, dogpup4 wrote: This is GTA V: Official, not Skyrim. Take it somewhere else if you're going to argue about a completely different game.

like here

McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 11/8/11 03:06 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 11/8/11 01:50 PM, dogpup4 wrote: This is GTA V: Official, not Skyrim. Take it somewhere else if you're going to argue about a completely different game.
like here

I think he's too stupid to see that I won't be talking about Skyrim further in this thread...
Anyway, I'm hoping to have a better 1st Person View while driving. It's just like a camera on the hood, not inside the car. I want to see the Odometer(maybe even in 3rd person driving), the speedometer, I want to shift gears manually, etc. And before you say "hurr durr it's not a driving game" I'm just saying it would be nice and awesome.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 11/8/11 03:32 PM, McZero wrote: I think he's too stupid to see that I won't be talking about Skyrim further in this thread...

Well okay then.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have a better 1st Person View while driving. It's just like a camera on the hood, not inside the car. I want to see the Odometer(maybe even in 3rd person driving), the speedometer, I want to shift gears manually, etc. And before you say "hurr durr it's not a driving game" I'm just saying it would be nice and awesome.

I agree, that would be pretty cool. Car racing multiplayer modes could be even better than DiRT 3, since the car physics in GTA V will certainly be awesome and there are mountains and lots of countryside around Los Santos.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 11/8/11 03:32 PM, McZero wrote: Anyway, I'm hoping to have a better 1st Person View while driving. It's just like a camera on the hood, not inside the car. I want to see the Odometer(maybe even in 3rd person driving), the speedometer, I want to shift gears manually, etc. And before you say "hurr durr it's not a driving game" I'm just saying it would be nice and awesome.

Maybe they could replace the cinematic camera with an actual internal cam? I'd like to have both options, since the on-the-hood cam is really good for races and police chases. The driver's-seat cam would be fun simply because they could do it if they wanted to. Although the cinematic cam was cool, it didn't really have much of a practical purpose since 4/5 times it made it nearly impossible to drive.

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 05:55 PM Reply

What I hope to see is that when I fly planes, I don't hit something and twist to the side and explode. I want the wings to rip off in a fiery boom that sends my plane to where its tough to control. I want to be able to land on the belly on the plane too with sparks and a little fire so we can react if there is where landing gears take pressure and rip off. It would truly be better than flight simulator.

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 06:33 PM Reply

Also it is infact the older guy in the suit. It shows him on that balcony, coming from the van, and in the blue car speeding down the road.

BBS Signature
LeroyBr0wn
LeroyBr0wn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 07:42 PM Reply

I fucking love video game controversy this game better have some sort of balls.

Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 07:43 PM Reply

At 11/8/11 03:32 PM, McZero wrote: I think he's too stupid to see that I won't be talking about Skyrim further in this thread...

I think it is you who is the stupid one my good sir.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 11/8/11 07:42 PM, LeroyBr0wn wrote: I fucking love video game controversy this game better have some sort of balls.

i can't see grand theft auto doing anything that will shock anyone anymore

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 08:49 AM Reply

At 11/8/11 05:55 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: What I hope to see is that when I fly planes, I don't hit something and twist to the side and explode. I want the wings to rip off in a fiery boom that sends my plane to where its tough to control. I want to be able to land on the belly on the plane too with sparks and a little fire so we can react if there is where landing gears take pressure and rip off. It would truly be better than flight simulator.

Cool idea, I liked how in GTA IV if you hit a helicopter tail against a building it comes off and you spin out of control, not just explode.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 04:49 PM Reply

Did anyone else feel that cars in GTA IV were to "boaty" it was a huge change from the GTA III era. It felt way to floaty and loose to me that's just me though.
I'm hoping driving physics in V will be better and more realistic.
I'm also hoping for fuck awesome car customization, not just what was offered in SA.
I want engine swaps, suspension overhauls, exhaust switches, interior removal, hood scoops, spoiler customization, etc. And it not be purely visual.
I also don't want the all to common "best to worst" upgrade system. I want each choice to have its pros and cons like in real life.
I want more variety in cars...
I want this GTA to be very well vehicle wise....

JoshuaKidder
JoshuaKidder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 04:50 PM Reply

The cars in GTA IV felt realistic to me...

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

Yeah cars need some more improvement too. I just hope its still not land on your wheels flying 500 stories and live. Hopefully cars will be more fragile to that.

BBS Signature
McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:22 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 05:09 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: Yeah cars need some more improvement too. I just hope its still not land on your wheels flying 500 stories and live. Hopefully cars will be more fragile to that.

See I want to be able to do that, but not with a car right out of the factory.
I want to have to do some work on the suspension, install road tires and stronger rims, I want to install a roll cage, etc.
And later you would be able to hire someone to fetch you your custom car so you don't waste all that money on a car you'll just abandon later.
I would also like restoration.
You know how most muscle/pony cars in the game are pieces of rusted out crap with powerful, but slow engines? Well I want to be able to do rust repair, reupholstery, rebuild the engine, or even replace it, etc.
Man just thinking about all that customization, Mmmmmm.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:32 PM Reply

I'm hoping we'll get garages for cars and actual houses again, instead of just parking spaces and apartments. I can understand why only apartments were used in IV, since it took place in the city, but in V it looks like we'll be able to leave the city for mountains/forests/country areas like in SA, so houses seem more likely.

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

What we REALLY need is where they don't force you to take your buddy's puny french mini instead of the car you spent billions on, so it won't disseapear.

BBS Signature
MiroDK
MiroDK
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 9th, 2011 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 11/9/11 05:33 PM, Painbringer wrote: Too bad it won't be released 'til 2013.

Yeah, I remember when GTA 4 was announced, it took a long while for the game to come out after that.

Also, after reading wikipedia, I did remember that the trailer for SA only showed Los Santos as well, so this doesn't mean that they won't include LV or SF.

shit's amazing

BBS Signature
McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 01:58 PM Reply

Potential Protagonists.
I sure hope we play as Tommy, but that would mean the /v/ leak was made up, which sucks, because everything there sounded awesome.

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 02:46 PM Reply

I can't wait for this game.

Seriously I can't.

hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 09:53 PM Reply

I remember hearing rumors that you may play as multiple characters throughout V. I hope it's true, that would be pretty damn awesome. Maybe once you beat it, you can choose who you wanna mess around with. My ultimate hope for this theory: You play as protagonists from past Grand Theft Auto's who end up coming together. That would be fucking incredible. Start as uh.. the GTAIII guy, transition to Tommy Vercetti, them Carl Johnson. Unfortunately not Niko, I remember hearing his voice actor left or some shit. I don't know, it seems unlikely, but would be amazing. The most likely thing, though, will just be a new character all together. As I've said before, I am SURE they will not recycle a protagonist, as they never have. I just don't see why they would unless they were to go with my "all past protagonists" idea.

Also, about the vehicles: Grand Theft Auto is the title of the series, they need to focus more on the vehicles. Realistic driving, (maybe have an option to toggle it, because simulation driving was fucking hard in Mafia II) realistic flying, including realistic crashes as stated earlier. I hate the "clip wing on tree, explode" thing. I'm sure they will change that, just like the helicopters in IV and how the blades and tail could get ripped off. It would just be cool to have a wing get ripped off and then try your hardest to crash land safely in a field.

Also, jetpack. I want my jetpack back.

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 05:23 PM Reply

The worst thought of multiple protaganists is that they're gonna take all character characterization away, and not be able to change clothes, hair, whatever.

BBS Signature
Mfan
Mfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 08:19 PM Reply

good, this time around they can make the radio actually worth listening to by not including lazlow

Republican

HellfireStudios
HellfireStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Art Lover
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 07:32 PM Reply

Some people say its coming out in march, but I highly doubt that.

Playfordeath001
Playfordeath001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 34 minutes ago, HellfireStudios wrote: Some people say its coming out in march, but I highly doubt that.

I wish it was, but no.

Gawd. I hate my NG username.
PSN: ChewyOwnz

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Multiple characters would ruin the game for me, and if we played as more than one character - Grand Theft Auto would lose a loyal fan who has been buying the games since the second GTA. I started playing them in about grade two or so, and that would kill me inside.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 08:28 PM Reply

Has it been confirmed what era this game will take place? Rockstar has done nearly more than possible in the modern times with GTA IV so I'm hoping this one will take place a bit further back in the past.

BBS Signature
Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 20 hours ago, tyler2513 wrote: Has it been confirmed what era this game will take place? Rockstar has done nearly more than possible in the modern times with GTA IV so I'm hoping this one will take place a bit further back in the past.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 20 hours ago, Luke wrote: Multiple characters would ruin the game for me, and if we played as more than one character - Grand Theft Auto would lose a loyal fan who has been buying the games since the second GTA. I started playing them in about grade two or so, and that would kill me inside.

RDR, LA Noire. Not only is it possible given what rockstar had been making the last coiple of years, but they very well can make the character you actually like get killed instead of a guy you hardly know.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 16 seconds ago, animehater wrote: RDR, LA Noire. Not only is it possible given what rockstar had been making the last coiple of years, but they very well can make the character you actually like get killed instead of a guy you hardly know.

Switching characters in LA Noire was something I really hated and in RDR it only happens (FUCK'N SPOILER) after John Marston dies and there are no missions left. Unless I'm forgetting a time where you switch characters at one point in RDR...