New Topic Respond to this Topic
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 08:25 PM Reply

ITT: Pro-British GTA people give examples of British crime and educated reasoning as to Why London would be a great setting Vs. People who base Britain on Stereotypes, side step valid arguments and who are generally ignorant about other cultures

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 11/6/11 08:11 PM, Travis wrote:

:Location: U.S.
That's what I thought.
The UK is a nanny state and a terrible place for a GTA game. That same mission guess what, could be done in the US as well! There is no reason for GTA to be in the UK. The UK is either A: Big City that is restricted and is becoming more like what it was in "1984" or a shit ton of boring farm land.

McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 11/6/11 08:25 PM, iMini wrote: ITT: Pro-British GTA people give examples of British crime and educated reasoning as to Why London would be a great setting Vs. People who base Britain on Stereotypes, side step valid arguments and who are generally ignorant about other cultures

The UK is also just tons of hatches and city cars with some Euro Luxury creating a very bland car enviornment. The UK also is a nanny state as I've said before and is a shitty and boring setting for a GTA game. GTA: London took place in the 60's and London in the 60's is a very different place than what it is right now.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 09:30 PM Reply

At 11/6/11 09:22 PM, logic wrote: ITT: too fucking bad it's in SA, fuck off and don't buy the game then.

lol wut? Suggesting that London would be a good setting for a GTA game now somehow means that everyone with this opinion disagrees with GTA V being set in San Andreas again?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 09:46 PM Reply

At 11/6/11 09:41 PM, logic wrote: It seems their problem in the first place was that they wanted it to be in London but it wasn't. Read a couple of posts back.

Sure, some people were hopeful that it might be set in London, but I didn't really see any of those people strongly object to it being set in Los Santos. In fact, most were just trying to justify why London might be a good setting after you suggested that it wouldn't be so great.

This discussion got a bit out of hand and some folks got a little bit too personal. Why can't you all just play nice without getting all insulting towards each other?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 12:20 AM Reply

At 11/6/11 05:50 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
Admit it, you just want it so you can kiss more boys.

Maybe.. But so what?!

Actually, like someone else said I enjoyed Bully more than I did San Andreas back on the PS2. It was just so fun really and Rockstar could easily revisit that format with a new cast, new school, and make it better and awesome.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 04:35 AM Reply

At 11/6/11 11:42 PM, logic wrote:
At 11/6/11 09:46 PM, Dean wrote: This discussion got a bit out of hand and some folks got a little bit too personal. Why can't you all just play nice without getting all insulting towards each other?
There's something I can agree with. I'm sorry If I offended anyone.

I hope we all learned a valuable lesson, I'm sorry too

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 10:34 AM Reply

Actually, like someone else said I enjoyed Bully more than I did San Andreas back on the PS2. It was just so fun really and Rockstar could easily revisit that format with a new cast, new school, and make it better and awesome.

Maybe Bully University or something

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 02:16 PM Reply

Logic, Travis and whoever else is moaning about London, will you just stop arguing?

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Can you people please shut the fuck up about London for at least 5 seconds and talk about how awesome this game is going to be?

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 10:34 AM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
Maybe Bully University or something

Bully: Kindergarten

*salivates*

At 11/7/11 02:22 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Can you people please shut the fuck up about London for at least 5 seconds and talk about how awesome this game is going to be?

Goes without saying mostly. I mean, it;s a Rockstar game =P

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 04:47 PM Reply

wtf shud b grand theft auto japan so i can check how much it matches up 2 my animes

McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 02:22 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Can you people please shut the fuck up about London for at least 5 seconds and talk about how awesome this game is going to be?

Anyway; I'm really psyched for GTAV as it won't be a huge piece of shit like another game that's about to have it's fifth installment. I'm really quite interested to see if the things that was leaked out by the "R* employee are actually legitimate. I have no problem playing as an older Tommy or that Hispanic protagonist that was in the leak. Maybe one of them is for an expansion? Who knows?

I am also psyched that they're taking themselves a little less serious than the last installment, it was a good game, it just didn't quite feel like the GTA I grew up loving. My favorite GTA is and always will be (unless V can somehow surpass it) is SA. The vast size, improvements, weapons, length, etc. were just so awesome coming from VC(a very good game too) I couldn't handle myself. It also featured the only protagonist so far that wasn't a scum bag (DAMN YOU TOMMY, LANCE JUST WANTED SOME APPRECIATION!).
Though I fear that since he's been so successful he'll either be dead in V or you'll have to kill him.
Just my two cents.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 05:24 PM, McZero wrote: it won't be a huge piece of shit like another game that's about to have it's fifth installment.

You're talking about Skyrim, aren't you?

Come on, that game looks great. What's so bad about it?

desert116
desert116
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 05:52 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 11/7/11 05:24 PM, McZero wrote: it won't be a huge piece of shit like another game that's about to have it's fifth installment.

It's not Morrowind 1.2

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature
McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 05:55 PM Reply

I'll give you the main image and you can go into the Skyrim thread if you want to see the rest of it before I was threatened with a ban for disagreeing with the opinion of the mod.
If you want to reply to this let's post in the Skyrim thread, I want to keep discussion of a shit game out of this thread about a good game.

McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 05:54 PM, desert116 wrote:

It's not Morrowind 1.2

I'll reply once, then I'll ask you to continue discussion in the
Skyrim thread.
Morrowind is a good game, however it's not my favorite in the ES series. Oblivion is. The reason I hate Skyrim is the removal of what made it so great. Mass stats, unlimited replay-ability, vast variety. Then you see Skyrim, which is this.

INB4 "You didn't type it, IT'S NOT VALIIID!!!"
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 06:39 PM Reply

I just hope rockstar makes it prettier in GTA V. I can't walk anywhere in GTA IV without the whole map being covered in blood, vomit, shit, hobos, and graffitti.

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 06:51 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 06:39 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: I just hope rockstar makes it prettier in GTA V. I can't walk anywhere in GTA IV without the whole map being covered in blood, vomit, shit, hobos, and graffitti.

Am I the only one who actually appreciated the depressing feeling? Jesus. It's supposed to be a game about criminals. I don't criminals are very happy people.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 06:51 PM, Narcissy wrote:
At 11/7/11 06:39 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: I just hope rockstar makes it prettier in GTA V. I can't walk anywhere in GTA IV without the whole map being covered in blood, vomit, shit, hobos, and graffitti.
Am I the only one who actually appreciated the depressing feeling? Jesus. It's supposed to be a game about criminals. I don't criminals are very happy people.

I like how the criminals aren't all happy, i'm just saying, without adding all the shit splattered on the map, the game can be made a few weeks less worth of time.

BBS Signature
McZero
McZero
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 07:45 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 07:39 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
I like how the criminals aren't all happy, i'm just saying, without adding all the shit splattered on the map, the game can be made a few weeks less worth of time.

I personally like the realism of the environment and the level of detail. And if you didn't like Liberty City's dirty environment.... You're in for a treat.

Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 07:51 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 07:45 PM, McZero wrote: I personally like the realism of the environment and the level of detail.

See, this guy gets it. Realism is great. I like seeing all the rundown shit in GTA games. It gives you that feeling like you're there and in tuned with the story and environment.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 08:27 PM Reply

I personally like the realism of the environment and the level of detail. And if you didn't like Liberty City's dirty environment.... You're in for a treat.

This actually looks nicer than 4...I mean atleast not ALL of it looks rundown.

I soooo can't wait to fly that F-18

BBS Signature
VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 08:28 PM Reply

I'd love this game to have dozens of radio stations. There could be several for each major music genre, as well as talk shows. For rock, there could be stations for subgenres like rock n roll, alternative rock, indie rock, punk rock, hard rock, and psychedelic rock. For electronic, there could be genres like house, techno, trance, ambient, jungle/dnb, and dubstep. There'd be other genres like metal, pop, hip hop, r&b, country, jazz, classical, reggae, blues, folk, etc.

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 08:28 PM, VGmasters wrote: I'd love this game to have dozens of radio stations.

With music from THIS century...

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 08:36 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 07:45 PM, McZero wrote:
At 11/7/11 07:39 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:

Wow, that looks incredible! The things in that article are all points I never really contemplated while I was having a massive nerdgasm watching the trailer at full-speed.

Although it's just speculation, of course, at this point, I'm going to go out on a limb at say that Rockstar is coming close to finding the right balance between the 'wackiness' of the earlier GTA installments and the 'realism' of IV.

And I have absolutely no problem with that - and from what I've seen so far, I have to say that the new Los Santos looks absolutely stunning.

VGmasters
VGmasters
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 08:30 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
At 11/7/11 08:28 PM, VGmasters wrote: I'd love this game to have dozens of radio stations.

Why can't it have music from past decades? GTA IV did.

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 09:43 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 09:03 PM, VGmasters wrote:
At 11/7/11 08:30 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
Why can't it have music from past decades? GTA IV did.

What I mean is- More than two songs in total that I have actually heard of.

BBS Signature
Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 11/7/11 05:55 PM, McZero wrote: I'll give you the main image and you can go into the Skyrim thread if you want to see the rest of it before I was threatened with a ban for disagreeing with the opinion of the mod.
If you want to reply to this let's post in the Skyrim thread, I want to keep discussion of a shit game out of this thread about a good game.

Pfft.... you were just being a complete gimp in the thread. So now you come here to bitch about the game?

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.
Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Nov. 8th, 2011 @ 01:50 PM Reply

This is GTA V: Official, not Skyrim. Take it somewhere else if you're going to argue about a completely different game.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature