00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Breaking Bad (TV show)

72,243 Views | 760 Replies

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-02 11:21:24

Some people expected and wanted some big, action packed ending with a lot of tension going on, but that would've been one of the most contrived endings possible. Just because the series had intense moments doesn't mean that the finale should be crammed to the rim with it. The finale should serve its purpose: tie up all loose ends and make it interesting, which it did in my opinion.

Story and structure wise, Ozymandias was the climax and this was the resolution. Shit had hit the fan, and everything had crumbled around Walt leaving the final pieces of the puzzle to be put in.

I think finales are inherently set up to disappoint; they're the absolute final taste in your mouth. There's almost some sort of unspoken expectation for a finale to be better than the entire series that came before it, which is impossible to do.

Very seldom is a series finale good and satisfying. The number of series finales people would deem "good and satisfying" can be counted on one hand. To my knowledge, everyone hated the ending to Lost, the ending to Dexter was mixed (but mostly negative), the Sopranos was extremely polarizing, etc. Very few are unanimously considered good by fans.

I really do think they ended the series as good as they could've and pleased almost everyone. I don't know if there is such a thing as a perfect ending to a show, or what one would even look like for Breaking Bad. I think if some fans got the ending they wanted, seeing it executed still wouldn't be satisfying to them.

Let me be clear, too: I'm not saying people who didn't enjoy the finale are wrong by any means, I'm simply saying the ending we got was the best one we probably could've gotten.

That's just my two cents. A great ending to a great series in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-02 16:04:49

At 10/2/13 03:51 PM, Snaws wrote:
At 10/2/13 11:21 AM, psychicpebble wrote:
Story and structure wise, Ozymandias was the climax and this was the resolution. Shit had hit the fan, and everything had crumbled around Walt leaving the final pieces of the puzzle to be put in. Dean dies arresting Walt where he buried the money and Walt dies while Jesse escapes.
thanks for the spoilers you retarded piece of shit im only halfway through season 3, way to fucking blow it

Why the fuck are you reading a discussion thread when you're half way through the show. What did you think was going to happen?

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-02 22:13:31

At 10/2/13 09:58 PM, 4cat wrote:
#RIP
#GONE2SOON
#NEVER4GET

My favorite part was when Walt and Walt jr shared one last breakfast together and all the spirits of those Walt had wronged gathered around him as if to say "it's all good dude'

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 03:25:23

Ayy mang.
Season 3 is boring as fuck.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 03:26:22

At 8/14/14 03:25 AM, klompors wrote: Ayy mang.

What goes on again in that season, I remember it being really good. Think it was where he works with gus?

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 03:29:28

At 8/14/14 03:26 AM, Nor wrote:
What goes on again in that season, I remember it being really good. Think it was where he works with gus?

Yeah! Don't spoil anything yet though, I just finished Ep5 and nothing really exciting happened yet

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 03:32:07

At 8/14/14 03:29 AM, klompors wrote:
Yeah! Don't spoil anything yet though, I just finished Ep5 and nothing really exciting happened yet

Oh, it gets much better!

It was my fav season only next to 5 it think it was.

Happy watching

私のちんちん

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 10:09:59

I'm assuming you just finished watching the episode about the fly? Some people just don't appreciate character developement

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 10:45:51

At 8/14/14 10:09 AM, PyroGreg wrote:
I'm assuming you just finished watching the episode about the fly? Some people just don't appreciate character developement

I don't think I have met the fly but thanks for the potential spoiler

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 11:19:12

At 8/14/14 10:45 AM, klompors wrote:
At 8/14/14 10:09 AM, PyroGreg wrote:
I don't think I have met the fly but thanks for the potential spoiler

That's hardly a spoiler, "Fly" is just the name of the episode. If you thought the season was boring so far you're really going to love that one though.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2014-08-14 12:05:22

At 8/14/14 03:29 AM, klompors wrote:

Wait 'til Ep7, it gets really good from there.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature