00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Breaking Bad (TV show)

72,229 Views | 760 Replies

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 00:50:00

At 9/30/13 12:02 AM, Natick wrote: i may not watch a television

*a lot

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 01:16:03

Eh, pretty straight forward.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 08:15:16

At 9/29/13 09:05 PM, Nick8akon wrote: The show is seriously overrated

Couldn't agree more. It started off really promising. I loved the humour of the early series and saw so much potential in this show. I think it went downhill after Hank's encounter with the Cartel. The downfall of Gus was interesting too I guess but everything after that just felt less interesting to me.

That finale wasn't particularly great either, in my opinion. It just felt like another episode until the last minute or so when the inevitable happened. Although death by stray bullet? Really? What kind of ending is that? I think people must be caught up in the hype or something because the Breaking Bad I've been watching surely isn't the same Breaking Bad that everyone else seems to be talking about.

It was definitely a good show overall and it's up there as one of my favourites but I'd disagree with people calling this the best TV show of all time.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 08:53:26

At 9/30/13 08:15 AM, Dean wrote: Couldn't agree more. It started off really promising. I loved the humour of the early series and saw so much potential in this show. I think it went downhill after Hank's encounter with the Cartel. The downfall of Gus was interesting too I guess but everything after that just felt less interesting to me.

I agree with most of the rest you have to say, but I think the cartel stuff was nothing special, and Tuco's cousins in particular were much too contrived to fit in with the rest of the plot.

It did do a bit of a Harry Potter though, getting "darker" by necessity as it progressed, and losing some of its original...magic.

That finale wasn't particularly great either, in my opinion. It just felt like another episode until the last minute or so when the inevitable happened. Although death by stray bullet? Really? What kind of ending is that? I think people must be caught up in the hype or something because the Breaking Bad I've been watching surely isn't the same Breaking Bad that everyone else seems to be talking about.

I agree the finale was relatively dull and for me it felt as though they were perhaps overly concerned with trying to please the fanbase. I'd have liked a more adventurous ending. The mounted gun thing required a bit of suspension of disbelief as well, but I suppose you could say there'd been enough build up to justify it.

That said, whilst it seems to be taken as read I don't think it was certain Walt died was it? I felt there was some element of ambiguity there at least.

It was definitely a good show overall and it's up there as one of my favourites but I'd disagree with people calling this the best TV show of all time.

It's certainly not the best of all time, but the best (drama) in the last decade and it will be a while before anything as good is on again.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 08:57:12

At 9/30/13 01:16 AM, Hemlok wrote: Eh, pretty straight forward.

Nothing wrong with that. It was a great finale to wrap every thing up and bring Walt's character to a full circle.

"I did it for me. I liked it. I was good at it. And I was really... I was alive."

This line alone (plus the awesome final scene in the lab) made the finale for me. Walt finally comes out and admits, after all those years of always saying he's doing it for the family, that he actually enjoys it and it was an exciting change of pace from his normally dull and uneventful life. That last scene in the lab cemented that when he was looking at the machines with a sort of nostalgic look. The song was spot on also, it served the moment perfectly.

Much better than the lumberjack ending from Dexter. God damn that was awful...

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 09:58:57

Well that was okay. Not anything amazing but with the way the show was going this is probably the best we could hope for. There was only like 3 scenes of people crying this time.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 10:15:27

At 9/30/13 12:15 AM, fuzzum111 wrote: Every loose end save for the rest of Jessie's life was tired up nicely.

I would assume he became a carpenter, possibly in alaska.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 11:16:33

At 9/30/13 10:15 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 9/30/13 12:15 AM, fuzzum111 wrote: Every loose end save for the rest of Jessie's life was tired up nicely.

See, the ending was for people who paid attention, that's why you only thought it was 'okay'. The box making was Jesse thinking about the story he told in his rehab group, about woodshop. It was more than symbolic of his whole escapade.

This episode is the best it could be, but admittedly you've gotta be a fucking nerd to see it in its full.

This is a song about cum on hotel walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 11:22:55

Great episode, shame I obsessed over it and read fan speculation etc cos everyone was saying 'the gun is for the nazis and the ricin is for Lydia and Walt will save Jesse' and I wouldn't have got it had other fans not speculated

still awesome tho, can't wait to watch it all again

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 12:15:06

At 9/30/13 11:16 AM, Otto wrote: See, the ending was for people who paid attention, that's why you only thought it was 'okay'.

If you say so. Still seems like a fairly flat and generic "the good guys win" ending.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 12:18:25

I still think Walt Jr. beating Walt to death with his crutches would have been a better ending than an accidental gunshot wound.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 12:19:16

I don't see how people say it was okay. it was great Walt stopped the white supremeys (killed the dude who killed hank) got the money to his family, saved jessie. the ending was about the journey and what you learn from it at the end man!

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 12:20:04

At 9/30/13 12:02 AM, Natick wrote:
i may not watch a television, save for this, but the last thing it needs are any more shows trying to be the next simpsons

I agree completely I'm just in mourning is all. :(

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 13:18:30

Even though they didn't get into Jesse's future, I'd like to think he ends up going to Brock and taking care of him.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 13:54:47

At 9/30/13 12:18 PM, Dean wrote: I still think Walt Jr. beating Walt to death with his crutches would have been a better ending than an accidental gunshot wound.

Technically he shot himself which is rather symbolic

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 15:23:39

10.3 million US viewers. Holy fuck has this show grown...

Toronto Star review title is "Show ends with heart-pounding ride of twists and reveals". I don't understand, the episode was not very heart-pounding and there were seriously no twists or reveals. Maybe that's why I thought it was just okay... I didn't expect to be able to guess the whole thing so easily.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 15:53:07

if there are any complaints i have, it's that why how did marie recover so quickly from hank's death? i expected her to go feral but no, quickly calling skylar about walt's whereabouts and hoping that cops catch him soon like how most of the season was already going. i mean, it doesn't seem like she has anyone save for the dea agents protecting her, you'd think she'd be just as if not more depressed than skylar.

you could argue that mentally, because she married a dea agent, she was always preparing for the day that sort of news would arrive but still

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 15:55:32

At 9/30/13 03:53 PM, Natick wrote: if there are any complaints i have, it's that why how did marie recover so quickly from hank's death?

exactly, I was either hoping for a bat shit response or a complete fucking meltdown.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 16:00:54

At 9/30/13 03:53 PM, Natick wrote: if there are any complaints i have, it's that why how did marie recover so quickly from hank's death?

Did she? She looked fucking terrible, her kitchen is empty, and there doesn't seem to be a single purple thing left in the house.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 16:14:21

At 9/30/13 04:02 PM, Entice wrote: I don't have a very good idea of the amount of time that passed, but hasn't it been at least six months?

shit, i keep forgetting about walt's hair growing back so you may be right

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 16:16:24

Walt spent 4 - 5 months in the cabin according to Vince Gilligan.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 17:35:27

Have to admit that I was a little disappointed. I guess I thought it would be more epic in general. Really didn't think that Jesse would live. And now onto the next great TV show.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 18:47:58

Holy hell i'll miss this show. Not much more I have to say than that.

At 9/30/13 04:14 PM, Natick wrote:
At 9/30/13 04:02 PM, Entice wrote: I don't have a very good idea of the amount of time that passed, but hasn't it been at least six months?
shit, i keep forgetting about walt's hair growing back so you may be right

Yeah Marie definitely had time to more or less come to peace with Hank's death, and like Dr-Worm pointed out, there was nothing purple in the house or on her clothes so she definitely underwent a transition.

At 9/30/13 11:16 AM, Otto wrote: At 9/30/13 10:15 AM, Jackho wrote:
The box making was Jesse thinking about the story he told in his rehab group, about woodshop. It was more than symbolic of his whole escapade.

You're right, but that's not to say it isn't a plausible theory that Jesse will become a carpenter. Possibly in Alaska. I think part of the implication of the fantasy was that the imprisonment made him realize woodworking was what he wanted to do with his life.

Somewhere Huell is still sitting in that chair waiting for Hank and Gomie.

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 20:09:14

At 9/30/13 07:19 PM, Entice wrote: I'm just gonna leave this here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsrJWUVoXeM

i saw that last night too and i just scratched my head afterwards, asking "need for speed had a story?"

looks like an incredibly melodramatic fast and furious wannabe (not that i've ever seen those movies nor do i plan to) but i couldn't care less. he's earned his now-paved out career by now

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 20:16:32

At 9/30/13 04:02 PM, Entice wrote:
I don't have a very good idea of the amount of time that passed, but hasn't it been at least six months? Before too, she reacted to Walt with anger/hate more than any kind of fear or panic. Hank's death would be pretty traumatic but it seemed like she was completely obsessed with how horrible Walt was and with fantasizing about him getting caught or shot or failing in some other way.

In a way, it seems as if she took Hank unto herself after his death. The way she was on the phone really reminded me of him. Hank also seemed to carry on into Walt Jr.s wardrobe a lot.

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-09-30 20:44:07

Loved the ending and something I hoped seeing how it ends and it came true! And for those who expected some big ultimate twist at the end of the episode you obviously don't know "Breaking Bad". Like really guys this isn't "Lost".

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-01 01:15:12

The finale was really satisfying and had really good closure. The last episode was basically Walter's revenge and closing of his story, nothing more, we didn't really need to know what happens next, Walt died in his law and that's it. Overall, it's easily one of the best television shows you could watch for consistent quality.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-01 03:54:01

Best... Ending... Ever....

Breaking Bad (TV show)

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-01 11:38:42

BBS Signature

Response to Breaking Bad (TV show) 2013-10-01 11:39:13

I'm curious why some people need FULL closure on characters in a show... I mean, I get that you become sort of attached and invested and feel entitled to some kind of knowledge about how it all ended for them. But come on, the only way they could possibly do that was if they did the Animal House style text over a freeze-frame for each character. And that's just silly.

I'm happy trusting that the ricin killed Lydia off screen, (despite Lydia whiteknights thinking that she can get medical treatment, knowing full well that it doesn't necessarily exist for ricin) and that Heisenberg didn't necessarily die on-screen. I like that the ending left just enough for me to think about, especially regarding Jesse.

Also, to people that think the writers pandered to what the fanbase wanted, just remember that Vince Gilligan never looks up opinions on what people think of the show via the internet, because he's worried the one bad comment he reads will affect or influence him. So this is really a pure beginning and end as envisioned by Vince and his writers, which to me is very respectable.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?

Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!