00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread

29,371 Views | 550 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:51:01

What the fuck did they do to cole in street fighter?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:52:12

Boy that Japanese dude sure looked gay.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:52:39

Whats with this dudes karate chop hands?

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:54:54

Vita priced at $249 USD

Have fun paying the more eurobros.

Nintendo needs to pricecut the 3DS now, there is no way the hardware between the 2 is the same price.

PSN id - dellick

STEAM id - Yokumashu

GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:56:21

There you go. $249, and 299.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:56:35

Only 250 for only wifi, shweet.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:57:19

At 6/6/11 09:54 PM, Yokumashu wrote: Vita priced at $249 USD

And Wi-Fi + 3G priced at $299.

See? I wasn't completely wrong.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:58:58

Cole doesn't exactly scream street fighter or Tekken if you ask me.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 21:59:57

Look at them chubby drummers

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:00:35

What the fuck. That better not be it.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:00:45

Well I think Nintendo pretty much has this in the bag. Microsoft and Sony were pretty on par with being mediocre. There were a couple core games but none of the newly announced ones really seemed like AAA hitters.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:00:54

It just cut off. It said "Thanks for watching." I guess they were on a time limit.

Well it wasn't as bad as Microsoft. For now, yeah, sleep.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:04:13

Best so far, but not great. Vita itself looks amazing, as do the games for it, but there was fuck all in the way new PS3 stuff.

Nintendo could go either way. Here's hoping they're amazing.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:05:40

So what about that huge montage of shit sony started with?

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:08:54

Man, this E3 has not been coming off strong.
However tomorrow their redemption begins, as Nintendo will release Project Cafe and if the rumors are true, they a glorified wet dump all over Microsoft and Sony.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:17:49

Sony's conference wasn't bad perse. Though not to my taste, those Uncharted games look good, and there was plenty of stuff. Plus, the Vita was $100 cheaper than I expected, though I suspect that this will mean that it's not much more powerful than the 3DS. However, if Nintendo isn't able to top this tomorrow, I'm considering this E3 something of a failure.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:35:27

At 6/6/11 10:00 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Well I think Nintendo pretty much has this in the bag. Microsoft and Sony were pretty on par with being mediocre. There were a couple core games but none of the newly announced ones really seemed like AAA hitters.

I agree Nintendo probably has it in the bag, just because a new console announcement is always going to garner more attention than additional software/hardware or new partnerships, but I wouldn't say MS and Sony were on par. I think Microsoft was a total flop, just as bad as the Riiiiiiidge Raaaacer Sony conference years ago. Maybe not as embarrassing, but it was just flat out boring and didn't really bring anything substantial to the table. All it seemed to do was seal the fact that this generation of consoles is on the downward slop and it's getting closer to bringing out new hardware. I think Kinect is going to be a total failure in the long run. It had good sales, so in that aspect it has already succeeded, but I just don't think it's going to hold people's attention for years, and with the money MS is investing in it and the push they are giving developers to support it, they must really have faith it's going to be around for the long haul.

To me, that's just damaging the 360's reputation has a core platform. Developers are spending more time and resources on Kinect games or Kinect features in games, which is hurting people like me, like us, who aren't really interested in that technology. At least with Sony and 3D tech and Move it's unnecessary extras that aren't really impacting core players. You you play all of these games without 3D, it doesn't really make a difference. The Move, while it's getting it's own Move enabled games and other games that utilize it, still seems like a side gimmick that you can just ignore. It's fucking impossible to ignore Kinect. It's all over my dashboard, it's all over both core and casual games, it's all developers are talking about when they discuss games on the 360, and it's a much bigger investment than 3D technology or Move.

Maybe I'm looking at this from a core gamers perspective, and not a business perspective, but I just feel like it does not have lasting appeal. I think Nintendo beat them to the punch long ago, and they came late to the party, bringing dated hardware that Nintendo has already perfected, and now tomorrow Nintendo has the possibility of announcing more innovative hardware that's going to just shit on motion gaming. What does Kinect do at that point? If Kinect is Microsoft's last stand for the Xbox 360, it's a weak one, and will probably be the nail in the coffin until new hardware is announced. Even third party games aren't the force they once were on the 360, look at all the exclusive deals Sony is making with developers/publishers for games like Saints Row and Bioshock Infinite, while MS focuses on Kinect.

With that said, as a "core" gamer, I'm also getting pretty burned out on these rehashed games. As repetitive as it might be, the FPS genre is so over saturated, I'm rarely excited for any new FPS. The only FPS I'm truly looking forward to is Battlefield 3, because I enjoy a good, competitive FPS game, and that's really the only option besides Modern Warfare 3, which looks painfully bland and unimaginative. Rage, Gears of War, Ghost Recon (not really FPS, but close enough,) Resistance, Call of Duty, FarCry, The Darkness, and even Bioshock Infinite, I'm not really excited for. Hell, I'm more hyped for the new Rayman and Sly Cooper game. I think this is why for a while I've just been more interested in news of Indie games than big blockbusters. At least Indie games still have the unique opportunity to take chances and be creative, and it's more fun to pay $10 and get a fresh (or at least fresher) experience than it is to pay $60 and trudge through another brown and gray atmosphere shooting at some terrorist I couldn't give a fuck about.

PLEASE SAVE CONSOLE VIDEO GAMES NINTENDO

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 22:38:44

At 6/6/11 10:17 PM, Salnax wrote: Sony's conference wasn't bad perse. Though not to my taste, those Uncharted games look good, and there was plenty of stuff. Plus, the Vita was $100 cheaper than I expected, though I suspect that this will mean that it's not much more powerful than the 3DS.

seriously? 3ds has about the same power as the current psp. Graphical comparisons prove most games are on par or worse then a psp.

Current owner of a 3ds myself and a psp, I can truely say they are the same graphically. 3ds just has a 1 up for being 3d which is awesome.

THAT SAID

3ds has the power of a gamecube, but even that power is split into rendering 3 screens, the touch screen and the "2" other screens to get the 3d effect. So its really watered down power wise. Not saying it still doesn't look good, but it's not in the same league as what I just saw with Vita.

Vita looks gorgeous. Modnation racers clearly proves that in comparision to it's psp version. Also seriously uncharted, on vita. Nuff said.

Not to mention we wont really see the potential of either system until further down the road. Look at uncharteds progression graphically? Even resistance 3 looks a lot less like a pile of turd.

Price point is more then amazing.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-06 23:09:14

Both Sony's and Microsoft's press conferences were a snore fest. I've never been more unexcited about the new games. I think the only games that amazed me were the new Ghost Recon game, Sly 4, and Skyrim. Other than that, meh. I thought the Ghost Recon one was cool. While I'm not a fan of Kinect, that gun-building demo they showed was awesome. Looking forward to Nintendo's conference tomorrow; hopefully they'll have a much more interesting show with their new console.

I'm also shocked at the price point for Vita. $250? Right on the mark for a powerful handheld. Felt it was going to be $300 at the least. That surprised me. Still waiting on info about battery life.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 00:20:36

At 6/6/11 10:35 PM, DirtySyko wrote: PLEASE SAVE CONSOLE VIDEO GAMES NINTENDO

Amen.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 00:34:48

Well, just like that last three years, Microsoft presents better and Sony has better content. Nintendo should dominate the console space in their press conference, especially if the rumors posted on /b/ are true. Sony's definitely walking out of E3 with momentum in the handheld space. Pricing the NGP and 3DS the same is just ridiculous. The NGP is a much better value proposition. I have very little interest in portable gaming, but the NGP at $250 is something worth considering to me. Can't say the same for the 3DS.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 01:34:32

I'm glad the Vita has real analog sticks and not those analog slider things. They actually pivot! Woot!

Nintendo is sure to be a smash hit. I want to know about the 3ds line up. I was smash bros 3d. That'd be sweet. And the new console I'm considering aswell. Wondering about price point for it tho.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 02:04:16

so i know i should have browsed a little more but anyone know what the exclusive thing for the ps3 version of saints row 3 is?

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 02:44:53

At 6/7/11 02:04 AM, Goldfire64 wrote: so i know i should have browsed a little more but anyone know what the exclusive thing for the ps3 version of saints row 3 is?

Considering the PS3 version of Saints Row 2 didn't even have Trophies, this had better be good.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 03:12:01

I hope the new Nintendo system doesn't have any sort of "Achievement" system. They've been original so far, lets hope they don't try to copy anyone now...

I'm looking at you PS3 and 360.

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 03:19:10

At 6/7/11 03:12 AM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: I hope the new Nintendo system doesn't have any sort of "Achievement" system. They've been original so far, lets hope they don't try to copy anyone now...

I'm looking at you PS3 and 360.

I don't see why they wouldn't, honestly.

But why does it even matter? Not like it would be a big deal if it did.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 03:30:33

At 6/7/11 01:34 AM, narf wrote: I'm glad the Vita has real analog sticks and not those analog slider things. They actually pivot! Woot!

Wouldn't those stick out when the Vita's in your pocket?

Bonus photo from 3DS, just got update.

Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 03:44:29

I go away for a couple of days and 11 pages out of nowhere?

Saw Microsoft, I liked the Halo stuff, and Kinect wasn't even that bad, I was especially impressed by the "lines" thing, where he took pictures of himself, and then drew lines around him, and could rotate the image slightly.

I was quite let down by EA's conference, sure SSX and BF3 were nice, but everything else was kinda meh.

Couldn't catch Sony unfortunately, it starts at 1AM here and I'm at work now... still, Nintendo starts at 5. so I'll probably miss the first half hour and then it'll be cool, looking forward to Project Cafe reveal.

That Gears of War 360 looks real nice, I might actually pick one up, it's a steal to be honest.

New 360 + 360GB HDD + Custom Paint Job + Two Custom Controllers + Gears of War 3 + a Mic = $300?

SOLD

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 09:28:21

I haven't really been playing video games since my 360 died four months back. I was kind of intrigued to see if there would be anything that would catch my interest enough to get back into gaming beyond the dopey nickel and dime stuff I fuck around with on my computer. There really wasn't. I mean, there are some cool looking games. Skyrim, Bioshock Infinity, pretty much all the stuff that had already piqued my interest before I stopped playing on my consoles.

The only real surprise was that Sony's handheld is only going to cost 250 (here in the states anyway). That's a real kick in the balls for Nintendo who've always undercut competitors in the handheld market and while, not exactly struggling to sell 3DS systems, have certainly deflated a lot of interest with a lack luster launch. Too bad I'm not really interested in handheld gaming.

I'll probably check out the Nintendo conference later today just to see what their new console is all about, but I'm not exactly excited. I was excited for the Wii, but they struggled to find a direction for that system, I was excited for the 3DS, but they're struggling to set a direction for that system. The Cafe is going to have to be really special for me to trust Nintendo.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Official E3 2011 Discussion Thread 2011-06-07 09:38:27

I'm all ready for Nintendo's crapfest today.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature