00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sim-Doe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join!

43,277 Views | 692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-18 04:05:36

^^ Thank you kindly good sir.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-18 06:18:00

At 10/17/11 07:18 PM, DjMindsweeper wrote: I'm bad at expressing gratitude with words.

So here's a picture.

This is probably my first big audio collab I'm into. I'm very curious about the Uplifting/Chillout album =)

PS: CUTE BATTLE!!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-18 10:56:36

Finished my track. Well, it's not exactly finished, and I don't really like how it came out all of a sudden, but it might stand a chance, I dunno.

Also... IT'S ON.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-18 11:05:43

the cuttest puppy

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-19 22:34:53

TOTALLY MADE THE DEADLINE by like a month. This is gonna be a great project!!!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-20 01:36:58

THREE DAYS LEFT GUYS!!! :D :D :D

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-21 02:13:41

Quick question, is EVERYTHING on the upload page going to be removed at the deadline, or just tracks labelled as a WIP? Plus, any recommended quality settings the tracks should be uploaded as?
(Sorry if this has been covered, not around much these days.)

bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-21 04:50:41

My song is finished, since no one seems to have the guts to say it sucks.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-21 06:22:08

This has probably already been asked, but is the deadline at the END of the day on the 23rd? That would be fantasticalicious.

AND Xyresic's question too. Recommended quality settings?

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-21 08:46:48

At 10/21/11 04:50 AM, Rahmemhotep wrote: My song is finished, since no one seems to have the guts to say it sucks.

It sucks. :P

Predictable reply is predictable. xD
At 10/21/11 06:22 AM, poopr1221 wrote: Recommended quality settings?

It depends on where it is all going to be uploaded, I guess. On Bandcamp for example, you upload tracks in a lossless format so that it will be given to you the choice to download the stuff you put in whatever format you wish. Although it is not entirely wrong to have songs in MP3 @ at least 160kbps, just to be sure...

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-22 01:07:20

2 questions! omgwtfbbq

1) Will the judging scores be available to view once judging is complete? Personally I think it would be nice to be able to see the scores that each person received, and the comments on why. In fact, if it's at all possible, it might be nice to have the opportunity to comment on and discuss the scores/pieces with the other artists as well, in some kind of post-competition community criticism and construction thingamajig.

2) If, for example, my piece makes it in, would I be permitted to upload it to SoundCloud, disallowing downloads and leaving a comment/link/something about how it can be purchased from Newgrounds? I have a rapidly growing following of over 1200 people (+ ~40-50 people per day), and I feel like this might be a good way for myself and others to promote and advertise for the project.

P.s. My piece is very close to done, uploaded the WiP earlier today... So glad that I'll actually be done in time. :D

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-22 11:52:36

At 10/21/11 02:13 AM, Xyresic wrote: Quick question, is EVERYTHING on the upload page going to be removed at the deadline, or just tracks labelled as a WIP? Plus, any recommended quality settings the tracks should be uploaded as?
(Sorry if this has been covered, not around much these days.)

All WIPS will be removed after the deadline so judges and users will have an easier time finding FINISHED submissions. Remember guys, WE HAVE ONE DAY LEFT! Make sure to complete your track by MIDNIGHT 23RD OCTOBER.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-23 19:02:54

Are submissions acceptable by the end of tonight, because I swear to god, this thing will be finished before midnight tonight. But if not, eh. I got nothing really.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-23 22:27:29

Hmm... the deadline is pretty much upon us and it looks like there are only forty-ish final submissions. I'm seeing a lot of good WIPs that never got finished. I hope there are more to come...

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 00:02:02

Rendering final...

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 00:35:26

I have a feeling that the deadline may need to be extended a wee bit. It's amazing how many people are cutting it close (myself included) when we had months to work on it.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 01:13:33

Good thing I've finished already. Now we play the Waiting Game...

bork bork bork

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 06:26:06

At 10/24/11 12:35 AM, AetherX wrote: I have a feeling that the deadline may need to be extended a wee bit. It's amazing how many people are cutting it close (myself included) when we had months to work on it.

Some of us have very busy outside lives that we didn't forsee when we signed up. I didn't know when I signed up that I would have 5 AP classes this school year, so that's been a problem.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 08:52:00

got a question ;o

where do u sign up XD

Listen 2 my tracks :D

here

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 09:49:06

At 10/24/11 08:52 AM, DavidRx wrote: got a question ;o

where do u sign up XD

Here, but you're too late I think.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 17:01:00

We should make a countdown party or something.
GLaDOS will bake cake for us. :3

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 19:37:01

Well im a dumbass and forgot to lock the thread lololol, so I am locking it tonight at midnight wherever the fuck I'm at. God this album is going to be awesome. We will most likely have about 10 songs on each album. That's perfectley alright though. I wasn't expecting the 30 for each album anyway.

Thanks a lot guys for your hard time and effort! Now it is time for me, and the SECRET judges, to get our asses into gear and pick the best of the best. I will keep checking back to this thread and answer any questions you guys have.

Basically, I will be judging these songs with some other audio heads I emailed recently. Here within the next month we will be putting up the winners for each genre group. I don't have a set date yet, but it wont be drastically to long lmao.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 20:01:01

You do know that not all the WIPs have been deleted right? Just making sure, as I don't want the wrong songs to be judged.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 21:10:30

At 10/24/11 07:37 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Secret

Secret... SECRET?!?!!? Of fuck i might not survive with alol these secrets going on....

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 22:50:56

At 10/24/11 08:01 PM, poopr1221 wrote: You do know that not all the WIPs have been deleted right? Just making sure, as I don't want the wrong songs to be judged.

Lol I havent deleted any yet. I'm listening to a few of them actually :P

At midnight tonight *2 hours from the time this post is posted* the thread will be locked and all WIPS will be deleted.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-24 23:31:23

At 10/22/11 01:07 AM, ObsidianSnow wrote: 2 questions! omgwtfbbq

1) Will the judging scores be available to view once judging is complete? Personally I think it would be nice to be able to see the scores that each person received, and the comments on why. In fact, if it's at all possible, it might be nice to have the opportunity to comment on and discuss the scores/pieces with the other artists as well, in some kind of post-competition community criticism and construction thingamajig.

2) If, for example, my piece makes it in, would I be permitted to upload it to SoundCloud, disallowing downloads and leaving a comment/link/something about how it can be purchased from Newgrounds? I have a rapidly growing following of over 1200 people (+ ~40-50 people per day), and I feel like this might be a good way for myself and others to promote and advertise for the project.

I never got an answer for either of these questions, hence this reposting.

***Ignore this random text that I wrote so that the site actually lets me post the whole quote.***

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-25 09:21:59

At 10/24/11 07:37 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Thanks a lot guys for your hard time and effort! Now it is time for me, and the SECRET judges, to get our asses into gear and pick the best of the best. I will keep checking back to this thread and answer any questions you guys have.

No probs dude, it was quite funny. I think everybody involved in this project had a nice time.
It actually helped me getting on a new level of experimentation, so it was an extremely positive experience after all. I'm sorry I couldn't review most of the submissions, since I still have connection problems and have been busy with plenty of projects.

Anyway, here's cake.
Enjoy *__*

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-26 14:51:02

At 10/24/11 11:31 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
At 10/22/11 01:07 AM, ObsidianSnow wrote: 2 questions! omgwtfbbq

Yes sent privately to you.

Nope. If you upload the file to a website, all I have to do is get the MP3 from the website. It's easy to pirate music. In fact, some people just record it... very well in fact.

ALSO...

The CDs will be a bit shorter than I thought but that's ok, we will still be selling them on the store!

We never actually came to a suitable conclusion for price... but I figured out that I will need to talk to Tom about that. We probably will charge 8$ or something for an album.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-26 15:25:15

At 10/26/11 02:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: We never actually came to a suitable conclusion for price... but I figured out that I will need to talk to Tom about that. We probably will charge 8$ or something for an album.

Is there a possibility that the CDs will firstly be available at the NG store before any other website? That'd be cool

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-10-26 20:14:52

At 10/26/11 02:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 10/24/11 11:31 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote:
At 10/22/11 01:07 AM, ObsidianSnow wrote: 2) If, for example, my piece makes it in, would I be permitted to upload it to SoundCloud, disallowing downloads and leaving a comment/link/something about how it can be purchased from Newgrounds? I have a rapidly growing following of over 1200 people (+ ~40-50 people per day), and I feel like this might be a good way for myself and others to promote and advertise for the project.
Nope. If you upload the file to a website, all I have to do is get the MP3 from the website. It's easy to pirate music. In fact, some people just record it... very well in fact.

Fair enough, that makes sense. Would that answer possibly change if I also watermarked the audio and/or cut the track short?

Also, did we ever decide where exactly the money from this project would go? I know the idea of giving it to charity was mentioned, but knowing specifically which one if that's the case would be nice, too.

Also also, thanks for getting this whole thing going, FKWAJP. I think the AP could use a little more of this kind of community - it feels a hell of a lot more constructive than the way the AP is normally done. Maybe there's hope for the NG AP yet, if this kind of thing keeps happening.

BBS Signature