00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kenjo12345 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join!

43,279 Views | 692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-11 03:21:05

About how much is each album going to cost? After listening to all the great WiPs, I'm ready to buy all of them!

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-11 09:39:22

I think albums should cost a "name your own price past $15" for physical copies and "name your own price past $8" for electronic copies.

What does everyone think on this idea? We should finalize it.

Also, I need someone to help me send or a maasasssssssss PM to any audio artist we can find, informing them about this project. Anyone who is interested please PM me.

Also, I need anyone who is interested in judging to PM me. :)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-11 11:06:32

At 7/11/11 09:39 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I think albums should cost a "name your own price past $15" for physical copies and "name your own price past $8" for electronic copies.

What does everyone think on this idea? We should finalize it.

I vote yes.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-11 11:45:27

I really think this is an AWESOME IDEA!

I am hoping I could be in this Ng CD. And I am also hoping that I get an update every time this idea make a step further.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-11 13:40:11

If you want to be updated on the project, check plying threa very now and ten and read the list o things we have covered at the top of the newest page. I post an update every page.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-11 19:31:07

One song only please!

We don't want to be FUCKING OVERLOADED with submissions lol. We are already expecting nearly 200! xO

The main goal is 300 but that probably won't happen... but hey, it's been almost one month and we already have 100! Since the submission process lasts four months, we still have plenty of time to rake in submissions. :)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-12 09:07:58

At 7/11/11 01:40 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: If you want to be updated on the project, check plying threa very now and ten and read the list o things we have covered at the top of the newest page. I post an update every page.

You wrote this on your phone, didn't you?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-12 09:19:56

You wrote this on your phone, didn't you?

I hate m spell chalk ltl. And yek I rode it an manswimmin pool.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-12 10:02:35

HAY GUISE!

Imma do a second track for the hardcore album once I've finished the first. I suppose if enough hardcore artists fill out both CDs then my extra track could be shelved and I could just upload it on NG normally.

I also suggest that the album prices be just static at 8 USD for the digital and 15 USD for the physical with the option to donate additional monies directly to the charity thats been chosen, which would promote direct involvement and lift the issue we'll eventually be supporting. Also, maybe a bundle price of 25 USD / 45-50 USD for all four albums in digital/physical respectively.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-13 03:33:21

At 7/12/11 10:02 AM, Lashmush wrote:Also, maybe a bundle price of 25 USD / 45-50 USD for all four albums in digital/physical respectively.

I agree with the bundle savings, good way to encourage people to get them all. $8 and $15 for download and physical respectively also sounds like a good idea.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--

Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-13 09:25:15

I think the bundle idea sounds good.

So... So far we are thinking:

Either a name your own price past $15 for hard copies and past $8 for electronic copies *for charity reasons* and the option to purchase all four albums for a discounted price.

Or

Make the prices for the album static

Or

Name your own price past $1 for electronic albums and $5 for physical albums

Or

Other price suggestions

VOTING TIME

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-13 10:28:04

I like the discount idea for getting all at once. I think the $15 minimum for physical or $45 minimum for all four sounds good to me, but I don't know how I feel about $8 minimum per CD for digital, I really think something ridiculously low would do much better overall for the digital, I vote $3 minimum per CD for digital, or something like $10 for all four.

I have a question.. will the artists need to (or be able to, for that matter) provide a FLAC or WAV for final submission for mastering purposes since a physical CD will be involved?

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-13 23:32:53

Artists will provide 320KBPS MP3s as their final submission, which everyone here should be able to do.

This is a solid quality for us to work with :)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-14 08:02:29

At 7/13/11 11:32 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Artists will provide 320KBPS MP3s as their final submission, which everyone here should be able to do.

This is a solid quality for us to work with :)

Ooooh, I would strongly recommend 16-bit 44.1khz FLAC/WAV as the final submission quality since it would be a complete 1:1 ratio of quality on the physicals and flac digital downloads are becoming increasingly available (iTunes i think has the ALAC codec as well). If you need someone to administrate the lossless finals, I can help you out there. Keep all the tracks sorted, and once a track order has been established for each album, I can sort everything out and send you the sorted thing. The files would have to be sent as attachments in email or through sites like Sprend.com where the download link is a one time click and subsequently deleted.

Obviously, pretty much anyone can do this. I'm just saying I wouldn't mind helping out. :3

Also, I have a 100mbit connection.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-14 09:37:30

Well, the main problem with uploading FLAC and WAV is that the file sizes are huge and would eat up Michs uploading website like a bitch. Since it's nearly impossible to tell the difference between a 320KBPS and a FLAC, it's not all that crucial. We can easily work with high quality MP3s.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-15 00:13:59

WOW. This guy SURE is talented!

Check out his WIP on the private thread...

ITS

INCREDIBLE

His name is Juggernautknights

You should all totally listen to his absolutley amazing spectacular WIP over on the private thread.

Fuck it, we are making the entire album this song. ITS GREEAAT. Everything else sounds completely shitty... you all should be ashamed for even trying to be as good as this guy! FAGGOTS.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-16 03:14:57

Well he got banned from the portal for it. He replied with, "Did I do something wrong?" and I tried responding... but he blocked me.. so erm.. lololool.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-16 07:14:24

I don't have this big-ass gypsy nose on my face for nothing. :3

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-16 09:29:29

*giggles. What a trumpet he was.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-17 19:46:37

At 7/16/11 07:14 AM, Lashmush wrote: I don't have this big-ass gypsy nose on my face for nothing. :3

Thanks for pming this to me by the way. I always need help moderating this contest. If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have figured that out until
Mich later (why the hell did my phOne just auto correct the word much into mich what the that's quite a joke there lmao). Mich informed me earlier this week of his ban ;)

I'm starting to get together judges by the way

And we still need voted on how much we should charge for the album.

And you all still need to send me naked pictures. In order to participate, I need pictures of all of you... Now.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-17 23:49:47

HEY NEWCOMERS, READ THIS PLEASE BEFORE POSTING!Otherwise you'll just get yelled at ;)

Things that need to be discussed:

1.) What charity organization should we donate to? I say help with the japanese relief by donating to the heifer project. Teach a man to fish, you know that sort of thing.

2.) What should we charge per 2CD pack? *Each pack will include a certain list of genres that go well with eachother. Each pack will contain aprox. 30 songs*

3:) WHO WANTS TO JUDGE?

Feel free to bring up NEW points of discussion! Here are the things we have discussed so far:
This list contains everything we have gone over so far. Feel free to discuss it if you disagree with it, bring new points up, or PM me for info / if you want to be a judge or do some other help in promoting this. If you don't want to get involved just yet, that's fine, but please tell us that you are interested so we can send you a nifty PM when its time for you to make music like a boss.

1.)The album should include new songs not available on the portal. There will be a nice and private place to submit your entry. Only people with the password to the private server can access your song. Basically, only the people involved in this project will be able to listen to it, which means you will receive critique on your entry and be able to give critique on all the entries! No outsiders can come in and pirate the music :)

2.) Due to the inability to determine if people will enjoy the fact that the album has multiple genres on it, we should instead develop multiple themed albums based around certain genres that fit well together. Each album will be sold to the NG store with about 20+ songs on each album.

3.) Since there are so many people that will be put on the albums, we should donate all funds towards charity. Otherwise, everyone would get only $10 or so for condoms and electricity bills.

4.) The list of genres for each album can include:

- Heartwarming, serious themed album based around the orchestral, folk, jazz, solos, and classical genres."
- Upbeat, dance/grindcore themed album based around Dubstep, Drum N Bass, progressive, and trance."
- Hardcore, brutal themed album based around metal, rock, face melters, and others."
- Chill, visual themed album based around ambient, pop, drone, 8-bit, and experimental/glitch.

5.) I am making a sign up thread to sign up in. Basically, this sign up thread will replace the originally intended contest thread. "signing up" means that you get a PM with a password to the private website where all the music will be posted. This site will contain all the contest Information, rules, and a place for submitting your final amazingly bodacious track. This will allow the audio community to hear and give their opinion on all the music submitted, but NOT allow outsiders to come in and download/steal the music! Since we are making 4 albums, 8CDs, and 120 songs all together... That's a lot of music to steal! Having a private password protected submission page just for us seems to be the right way to go.

HERE IS THE SIGNUP THREAD. <-- POST THERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN SO I CAN PM YOU

So, all in all we will have two threads:

A signup thread
This thread for discussion

6.) Once the contest is over, a team of judges and I will use a judging sheet to determine which the best tracks are. This "judging sheet" wlll most likely be out of 100 points and will be judged based on Quality, Fit, Originality, e.t.c. Only we judges have to worry about this though! :)

7.) Everyone who doesn't make it in will then be allowed to submit their song on the NG Audio Portal for proper criticism and suggestions. The main reasoning behind letting EVERYONE submit a newly made piece is to give EVERYONE a chance at getting into this. If someone ends up working hard and not making it in, then at least they can say they tried their best and therefore improved!

8.)Each album will be designed by someone over on the art portal.

9.)Each album will be mastered and mixed properly from a professional quality technician over here.

10.) We can promote and sell this album in just more than the NG store! With proper research on security to prevent piracy, we can sell this album in Itunes, ReverbNation, e.t.c. but it will mainly be created for Newgrounds by Newgrounds ro promote the Newgrounds audio community and Newgrounds as a whole... NEWGROUNDS.

11.) It has been decided that everyone will produce a new track for the album and choose the best tracks made to put on the album. This way, everyone can get involved, receive critique, and develop online friendships along the way. It will really strengthen the community.

CURRENTLY I NEED VOLUNTEERS THAT WILL:

Help Judge
Help Promote

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-19 10:05:54

How can we promote on a larger scale? Internet ads? Flyers in clubs?

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-19 12:37:49

At 7/19/11 10:05 AM, gavkay21 wrote: How can we promote on a larger scale? Internet ads? Flyers in clubs?

I just got a PM asking if the sender could promote the album locally by handing out fliers and I thought that was a fantastic idea.

In order to promote this, we should all go to the effort to promote locally by simply telling friends about it and directing them to the online store where you can purchase electronic and physical copies.

If everyone tells people they know who are interested in music about this collaboration, our sales an icnrease ten fold :)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-22 21:32:45

I propose we donate monies for the people over in east-africa suffering from that drought. They ain't even got fukken water cause the damn clouds are trolling the shit out of them. Srsly, it's a decent place to put the proceeds.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-22 22:44:56

I've got a Japanese song on ukulele that I want to submit for judging. We could make that the header song and donate the profits for Japan relief efforts.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-24 11:47:22

We should start sending out PMs to people, letting them know this thing exsists. So far we have about 110 entries.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-24 13:58:56

At 7/24/11 11:47 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: So far we have about 110 entries.

Holy fuck.

My tune is taking quite a while so you probably won't hear anything from it now but maybe in a month or so.

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-24 14:05:12

I just thought it was funny to finish my WIP, which was about 50 seconds, to a full song in a rush of 5 minutes. It sounded horrible so I deleted everything again. I gotta work a bit harder on this.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-24 23:17:45

At 7/24/11 01:58 PM, DLBeezy wrote:
At 7/24/11 11:47 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: So far we have about 110 entries.
Holy fuck.

My tune is taking quite a while so you probably won't hear anything from it now but maybe in a month or so.

I mean, we have 110 SIGNED UP ;)

Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! 2011-07-28 00:30:16

Bump.

A.

Dump.