• 721 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
KtotheY
KtotheY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 08:30 AM Reply

At 8/16/11 11:01 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: How is everyone doing so far on their submissions? :)

I have been working on something for a bit now, I hope my Industrial sound can fit in somewhere, but time is still in the process of becoming spent further, I had submitted a small clip no comments yet though.....maybe I should edit a longer preview....or maybe people just don't care about old school industrial like they used to....hmmmm either way i am having fun with this...and that makes good music.....usually....

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 09:53 AM Reply

HEY NEWCOMERS, READ THIS PLEASE BEFORE POSTING!Otherwise you'll just get yelled at ;)

Things that need to be discussed:

1.) What charity organization should we donate to? I say help with the japanese relief by donating to the heifer project. Teach a man to fish, you know that sort of thing.

2.) What should we charge per 2CD pack? *Each pack will include a certain list of genres that go well with eachother. Each pack will contain aprox. 30 songs*

3:) WHO WANTS TO JUDGE?

Feel free to bring up NEW points of discussion! Here are the things we have discussed so far:
This list contains everything we have gone over so far. Feel free to discuss it if you disagree with it, bring new points up, or PM me for info / if you want to be a judge or do some other help in promoting this. If you don't want to get involved just yet, that's fine, but please tell us that you are interested so we can send you a nifty PM when its time for you to make music like a boss.

1.)The album should include new songs not available on the portal. There will be a nice and private place to submit your entry. Only people with the password to the private server can access your song. Basically, only the people involved in this project will be able to listen to it, which means you will receive critique on your entry and be able to give critique on all the entries! No outsiders can come in and pirate the music :)

2.) Due to the inability to determine if people will enjoy the fact that the album has multiple genres on it, we should instead develop multiple themed albums based around certain genres that fit well together. Each album will be sold to the NG store with about 20+ songs on each album.

3.) Since there are so many people that will be put on the albums, we should donate all funds towards charity. Otherwise, everyone would get only $10 or so for condoms and electricity bills.

4.) The list of genres for each album can include:

- Heartwarming, serious themed album based around the orchestral, folk, jazz, solos, and classical genres."
- Upbeat, dance/grindcore themed album based around Dubstep, Drum N Bass, progressive, and trance."
- Hardcore, brutal themed album based around metal, rock, face melters, and others."
- Chill, visual themed album based around ambient, pop, drone, 8-bit, and experimental/glitch.

5.) I am making a sign up thread to sign up in. Basically, this sign up thread will replace the originally intended contest thread. "signing up" means that you get a PM with a password to the private website where all the music will be posted. This site will contain all the contest Information, rules, and a place for submitting your final amazingly bodacious track. This will allow the audio community to hear and give their opinion on all the music submitted, but NOT allow outsiders to come in and download/steal the music! Since we are making 4 albums, 8CDs, and 120 songs all together... That's a lot of music to steal! Having a private password protected submission page just for us seems to be the right way to go.

HERE IS THE SIGNUP THREAD. <-- POST THERE IF YOU WANT TO JOIN SO I CAN PM YOU

So, all in all we will have two threads:

A signup thread
This thread for discussion

6.) Once the contest is over, a team of judges and I will use a judging sheet to determine which the best tracks are. This "judging sheet" wlll most likely be out of 100 points and will be judged based on Quality, Fit, Originality, e.t.c. Only we judges have to worry about this though! :)

7.) Everyone who doesn't make it in will then be allowed to submit their song on the NG Audio Portal for proper criticism and suggestions. The main reasoning behind letting EVERYONE submit a newly made piece is to give EVERYONE a chance at getting into this. If someone ends up working hard and not making it in, then at least they can say they tried their best and therefore improved!

8.)Each album will be designed by someone over on the art portal.

9.)Each album will be mastered and mixed properly from a professional quality technician over here.

10.) We can promote and sell this album in just more than the NG store! With proper research on security to prevent piracy, we can sell this album in Itunes, ReverbNation, e.t.c. but it will mainly be created for Newgrounds by Newgrounds ro promote the Newgrounds audio community and Newgrounds as a whole... NEWGROUNDS.

11.) It has been decided that everyone will produce a new track for the album and choose the best tracks made to put on the album. This way, everyone can get involved, receive critique, and develop online friendships along the way. It will really strengthen the community.

CURRENTLY I NEED VOLUNTEERS THAT WILL:

Help Judge
Help Promote

This is coming along nicely so far!

Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join!

iheartsonyheadphones
iheartsonyheadphones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 10:03 AM Reply

I feel my work would benefit the CD ;)

here's a dance project i'm working on, it's sounding pretty awesome!

If anyone's interested, check out the link details (:

First track is in production, not long now.

BBS Signature
iheartsonyheadphones
iheartsonyheadphones
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 10:04 AM Reply

At 8/20/11 10:03 AM, iheartsonyheadphones wrote: I feel my work would benefit the CD ;)

forgot the link xD

Summerphresh! - A sign of things to come

First track is in production, not long now.

BBS Signature
Lashmush
Lashmush
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 20th, 2011 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 8/20/11 10:04 AM, iheartsonyheadphones wrote:
At 8/20/11 10:03 AM, iheartsonyheadphones wrote: I feel my work would benefit the CD ;)

forgot the link xD

Summerphresh! - A sign of things to come

Read ze rules, monsieur. No uploading tracks outside the private project thread. :3

Listen to and download Ultima Eternus in MP3 right here on NG or buy the lossless version! Srsly, buy it. >:c

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 10:33 AM Reply

Sending out more PMs with the private password and thread... how is the thread on the private server coming? I havent checked it lately.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 26th, 2011 @ 10:49 AM Reply

I'm thinking about creating a totally different song for the album, the one I'm working on now isn't coming along. I'm still aiming for dance/trance/house though.

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Coolluigi
Coolluigi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 27th, 2011 @ 05:40 PM Reply

Quick question. I didn't see it addressed in the thread, but I only read through about half of the pages. Is it acceptable to submit a track that is a colaberation with another artist, (provided both artists are okay with submitting the song).

Thanks!

joekuli
joekuli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Voice Actor
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 29th, 2011 @ 12:57 PM Reply

I'm trying to log onto the NGCd website, but it's not loading :/

BBS Signature
DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 8/29/11 12:57 PM, joekuli wrote: I'm trying to log onto the NGCd website, but it's not loading :/

Hmm, it works now, must have been down for a few hours...

joekuli
joekuli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Voice Actor
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 30th, 2011 @ 01:15 PM Reply

At 8/30/11 12:20 PM, adsubzero wrote:
At 8/29/11 12:57 PM, joekuli wrote: I'm trying to log onto the NGCd website, but it's not loading :/
Hmm, it works now, must have been down for a few hours...

yeah, happen to get on not too long after I posted.

BBS Signature
Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Aug. 31st, 2011 @ 08:07 AM Reply

Haven't been hanging around much lately mainly because my headphones broke and I'm waiting on a new pair, which hopefully I'll recieve before the deadline so I can improve my work with a new set of phones. The whole idea is looking good so far!

bork bork bork

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:14 AM Reply

I just sent out updates to everyone who didnt get a PM int he signup thread! :)

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:36 AM Reply

Lol we needs more posts in there, because there doesn't seem like there is enough helpful tips going on yet

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:38 AM Reply

At 9/2/11 02:36 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Lol we needs more posts in there, because there doesn't seem like there is enough helpful tips going on yet

Yeah im about to send out a MASSIVE email blast to everyone participating so far *about 300 emails*

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:51 AM Reply

At 9/2/11 02:38 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 9/2/11 02:36 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Lol we needs more posts in there, because there doesn't seem like there is enough helpful tips going on yet
Yeah im about to send out a MASSIVE email blast to everyone participating so far *about 300 emails*

Dayum, also i might get the responce faster here. But I had posted a song on soundcloud that i put in for the contest. It isn't available for download, but i just wanted to check if you want me to take it off of there. Because i put it there because i wanted a few quick comments on how it sounded and what could be fixed. So just tell me and i'll take it down right fast

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 7th, 2011 @ 03:38 AM Reply

:At 9/2/11 02:36 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:

Dayum, also i might get the responce faster here. But I had posted a song on soundcloud that i put in for the contest.

Judging by the rules, I don't think that's allowed.

KieranNG
KieranNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 9th, 2011 @ 04:30 AM Reply

I have a few things I would like to bring up.

1. Is this still being mixed/mastered by professional sound engineers? Because I'm horrible at that stuff.
2. What about promotion? When the CD is released can we put the tracks on our Soundclouds, Youtubes etc. or at least have previews?
3. I personally believe that the money we get from the CD should go to charity for starving kids in Africa.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature
KieranNG
KieranNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 9th, 2011 @ 04:32 AM Reply

4. Are we able to have multiple submissions? And if we do is it possible for both to get in even if they're on different CD's?

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature
AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 13th, 2011 @ 01:55 AM Reply

At 9/9/11 04:32 AM, KieranNG wrote: 4. Are we able to have multiple submissions? And if we do is it possible for both to get in even if they're on different CD's?

Idk about multiple submissions but I think it would be unfair to allow a person to get in twice, it ruins the whole point of showcasing a wide variety of artists.

I never thought I could ever work on a single track for this long, but it's getting loads better as time goes on. I think my favorite part about this whole thing is comparing the submitted WiPs to the artists' other works and realizing just how much effort they're putting into this. I'm probably more excited for this project to wrap up so that I can buy the CDs than I am to possibly get on the album.

--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 02:00 AM Reply

At 9/13/11 01:55 AM, AetherX wrote:
At 9/9/11 04:32 AM, KieranNG wrote: 4. Are we able to have multiple submissions? And if we do is it possible for both to get in even if they're on different CD's?
Idk about multiple submissions but I think it would be unfair to allow a person to get in twice, it ruins the whole point of showcasing a wide variety of artists.

I think its probably okay to post multiple, but it will probably be that the better of the ones you post will be included, unless more tracks are needed in case of a shortage.

Aso i would kind of like to know straight from fatkid if its alright that i have the song on soundcloud still. Cause i want to update it and get it right before i post the last/next version, cause that page is getting a bit cluttered, and i wanted to maybe limit my posts to only relpies as much as possible

zelazon
zelazon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 9/17/11 02:00 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 9/13/11 01:55 AM, AetherX wrote:

I think its probably okay to post multiple, but it will probably be that the better of the ones you post will be included, unless more tracks are needed in case of a shortage.

Aso i would kind of like to know straight from fatkid if its alright that i have the song on soundcloud still. Cause i want to update it and get it right before i post the last/next version, cause that page is getting a bit cluttered, and i wanted to maybe limit my posts to only relpies as much as possible

From the private website:
"[4] - Submit your finished track HERE and NOWHERE ELSE. Do NOT submit it to Newgrounds! This album will have content that isn't available for free, since sales would decrease dramatically if we just combined songs available for free on the portal. So please, make it available for listen only here."

Straight from fatkid.

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 03:46 PM Reply

The audio community is really excited about this, I love that. :D
Although I think we still have a long way to go before we reach an acceptable number of submissions, considering that CDs will likely be at least 4.
And yeah, these tracks are totally exclusive to the CD.

StefBidz
StefBidz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Programmer
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 17th, 2011 @ 05:09 PM Reply

I'd like to be part of it, but it's been a month I've signed up on the other thread
and did not get any confirmation yet.
I'm waiting !

Camel Spaceship under attack !
Latest track: Marim'ba.

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 12:31 AM Reply

Any decision on when the final entries will be due?

SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 11:55 PM Reply

Oh god I am so scared

Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 10:51 AM Reply

Don't you think it's a bit dumb that the music player on that site doesn't have any time counter??

DJ-Chilvan
DJ-Chilvan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Oct. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:21 PM Reply

I think it'd be great if the cover for each album was made into a booklet (like all other albums) and it would give some info on each artist in the album (Newgrounds audio page url, twitter/facebook info, other contact info, etc.). This would be a great way for the consumers to find out more info about each artist. Think about it. If you're listening to a compilation album and you hear a song that just stands out and you think the artist is awesome, you'd definitely want to hear more from him/her. Instead of having to google-rape their name, just look for their youtube channel or facebook url listed in the booklet and learn more about them. If you plan on implementing this idea, once you pick all the entries that made the cut, PM the artists asking them for all their contact info (especially Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube names/urls).

I really hope you decide to implement this idea because it will greatly help all the artists get their names out there more.

Check out my new track Tokyo Pop and my hit: Our Nova Pt. 2.
Member of Review Request Club.

AetherX
AetherX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Oct. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 10/2/11 07:21 PM, DJ-Chilvan wrote: I think it'd be great if the cover for each album was made into a booklet (like all other albums) and it would give some info on each artist in the album (Newgrounds audio page url, twitter/facebook info, other contact info, etc.)

I really like this idea, but would it cost more money to print the booklets?

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ng Cd Featuring Ng Musicians! Join! Oct. 4th, 2011 @ 01:41 AM Reply

At 10/1/11 10:51 AM, adsubzero wrote: Don't you think it's a bit dumb that the music player on that site doesn't have any time counter??

Want to put it in there lol.