00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cdhoeh0112 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game of Thrones (Show)

59,250 Views | 630 Replies

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-08 08:26:10

http://vimeo.com/45300802

Ramsay audition tape. Now with 100% more Theon anal rape.

Now I'm worried they're thinking of new ways for him to break Theon to avoid the makeup requirements of flaying and lost fingers.

At 7/5/12 11:02 PM, Ptero wrote: season two was really a huge disappointment

Definitely agree, and I'm fearing for season 3.

-replacing Jeyne with "strong independent woman who don't need no man" Talisa

Giving Jeyne some actual character could have worked, given that she's basically just a plot device, but they fucked it up about as bad as they could have.

-making Stannis seem like a power-hungry villain rather than someone who is only begrudgingly chasing the throne out of a sense of duty

I think it's more Melisandre who've they've gotten wrong in that respect. She comes off as someone manipulating Stannis for her own reasons, but we know for a fact due to her ADWD chapter that she's a true believer. She doesn't have an ulterior motive, she honestly believes he's Azor Ahai reborn.

-making Robb marry under the fucking Seven

Christ, I didn't even notice that.

-changing Robb's motivation from "ashamed of his actions and marrying out of honor" to "fuck my oaths imma marry this chick"

The removal of Bran and Rickon's "deaths" being reported guts both Cat and Robb's motivations this season. Without grief as an excuse they both just come off as retards.

-that awful clusterfuck that was the Mereen storyline

Never a fan of Qarth so didn't really care it was changed. Just wish it hadn't been changed from just being boring to be fucking retarded.

-completely ruining the entire House of the Undying sequence

I'm convinced D&D don't understand the series because of this. They focus entirely on the sex and the violence, when that's not why people are so obsessed with the books. It's prophecy and history that keeps discussion going. It baffles me why they'd cut this. Surely keeping up speculation between seasons is a great way to keep viewers interested, and probably even to attract more.

-Arya not killing the guard
-weasel soup being removed

Her character development is FUCKED. She should be a significantly darker character by this point due to her experiences in Harrenhal, which were entirely removed, and I'm not sure how they're now going to put her through hell to the point where she'll be ready for the Faceless Men training.

Also having the Tickler killed, which robs her of a great scene down the road.

-Roose being changed from "creepy as fuck" to "generic angry lord #9473291209"

Seriously. Would you ever have assumed that was Roose Bolton if they didn't just say it? He shouts in almost every scene he's in, which is the exact opposite of his character.

the only thing I can think of that they improved was Theon's storyline

Theon's character, not his storyline. No Reek is crippling.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-09 16:44:27

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/07/filming-on-season-three-be gins-today/

Greatjon confirmed for not in season 3.

Fuck man, I can't imagine the Red Wedding without him. Hope that's held back to season 4 now.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-13 18:40:11

A video showcasing some new cast members: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSDSgChsaI

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-13 19:17:26

Dude. It's a show made for TV. They are going to cut out what they deem as uninteresting in favor of what they think will get viewers. AKA Sex and violence. You really shouldn't be surprised by this, as it will make the show entertaining in it's own light.

I didn't appreciate how they changed Tyrion's strategy during Stannis' attack. I didn't appreciate how much they actually made Loras and Renly homosexuals, I didn't appreciate how they didn't make Cersei an even bigger cunt like she is in the books.

But I mean. That doesn't make it any less entertaining in it's own right. I like the books much better than the show. But they have to dumb it down for the general idiot population.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-13 19:30:21

At 7/13/12 07:17 PM, DickBuns wrote:
Dude. It's a show made for TV. They are going to cut out what they deem as uninteresting in favor of what they think will get viewers. AKA Sex and violence. You really shouldn't be surprised by this, as it will make the show entertaining in it's own light.

I didn't appreciate how they changed Tyrion's strategy during Stannis' attack. I didn't appreciate how much they actually made Loras and Renly homosexuals, I didn't appreciate how they didn't make Cersei an even bigger cunt like she is in the books.

But I mean. That doesn't make it any less entertaining in it's own right. I like the books much better than the show. But they have to dumb it down for the general idiot population.

i wasn't really entertained by it either

the pacing was awful and i was just waiting for every episode to end for the most part

at this point i'm probably just gonna stick around for the RW then jump ship

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-13 19:37:16

At 7/13/12 07:30 PM, Ptero wrote: i wasn't really entertained by it either

the pacing was awful and i was just waiting for every episode to end for the most part

at this point i'm probably just gonna stick around for the RW then jump ship

Peter Dinklage's portrayal of the imp is enough to keep me around. He is really the best actor on the cast IMO.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-14 07:35:22

At 7/13/12 06:40 PM, Ptero wrote: A video showcasing some new cast members: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpSDSgChsaI

Very pleased will all but Missandei.. I guess Missandei is going to be filling the same sort of role as the Dothraki handmaidens do since they've killed off Irri and wrote out Jhiqui.

There's been more announced than in that video, too.

Kristofer Hivju as Tormund Giantsbane, Philip McGinley as Anguy, Tara Fitzgerald as Selyse Baratheon, Tobias Menzies as Edmure Tully and Anton Lesser as Qyburn.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-14 09:03:15

How are they going to fit both the reed's this late into bran's story line? That should be interesting.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-14 09:31:27

At 7/14/12 09:03 AM, froggerfreak wrote: How are they going to fit both the reed's this late into bran's story line? That should be interesting.

They were late and meet him on the road or something.

Still baffled why they didn't cast them along with Ramsay last season just to bring them in now. Bran has little enough happening in his ACOK chapters as it is, insane that they'd remove half of the characters from them.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-27 14:27:34

I'm having a bit of a delima. I've been reading the books and finished A Clash of Kings yesterday. But now I just can't make myself read a Storm Of Swords. As much as I want to... This is the most exciting, unpredictable shows I have ever watched, and it is truly a treat to sit down each week in April/May to sit down and be amazed at what happens. I don't want to lose that.

I don't want to be the guy that sits and watches the show saying. "Thats now how it really happend." or, "Thats not even a character in the book." etc.

So book readers... (specifically people who watched the show before they read the books) how has reading the books changed your view of the show?

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-27 14:37:54

At 7/27/12 02:27 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: I'm having a bit of a delima. I've been reading the books and finished A Clash of Kings yesterday. But now I just can't make myself read a Storm Of Swords. As much as I want to... This is the most exciting, unpredictable shows I have ever watched, and it is truly a treat to sit down each week in April/May to sit down and be amazed at what happens. I don't want to lose that.

I don't want to be the guy that sits and watches the show saying. "Thats now how it really happend." or, "Thats not even a character in the book." etc.

So book readers... (specifically people who watched the show before they read the books) how has reading the books changed your view of the show?

I know MOST of what's going to happen in the show, HOWEVER, the show is still very entertaining in it's own right as it's a different take on the story that's been written for TV entertainment for the masses and to make it easier to follow. The show is basically a vague plotline in my opinion with a heavier emphasis on sex. I would suggest continuing reading the books regardless of the show. The show really doesn't properly describe how much Cersei is a cunt and how much she hates Tyrion. It also embellishes and completely fabricates much of the relationship between Renly and Loras. Not to mention making Margaery Tyrell alot more ambitious and much more of a character than the simple Tyrell shlob my knob sex slave tool that she was in the books. That's not saying she had any depth in the books, because she really didn't. She just kept getting sold off and had no real actual importance in the books other than as a name and a tool for alliances.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-27 17:22:09

At 7/27/12 02:37 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/27/12 02:27 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: I'm having a bit of a delima. I've been reading the books and finished A Clash of Kings yesterday. But now I just can't make myself read a Storm Of Swords. As much as I want to... This is the most exciting, unpredictable shows I have ever watched, and it is truly a treat to sit down each week in April/May to sit down and be amazed at what happens. I don't want to lose that.

I know MOST of what's going to happen in the show, HOWEVER, the show is still very entertaining in it's own right as it's a different take on the story that's been written for TV entertainment for the masses and to make it easier to follow. The show is basically a vague plotline in my opinion with a heavier emphasis on sex. I would suggest continuing reading the books regardless of the show.

So basically, just like all film/television adaptations of books, the books are better? But the show is still enjoyable? I just don't want enjoy the show any less for two reasons:

1. Knowing what happens and and losing the excitement of anticipation. As well as not having a chance to predict and guess what might happen next, or what an event means for the next episode. (For instance Renly was a huge shock to me that made this season really exciting and enjoyable.)

2. Finding the show to be a disappointment in comparison to the books by not casting certain characters, changing what happens, etc. ( I know what people mean about the House of the Undying scene now) so much so that I can no longer enjoy it.

At 7/27/12 02:40 PM, Bees wrote:
At 7/27/12 02:27 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: So book readers... (specifically people who watched the show before they read the books) how has reading the books changed your view of the show?
i watched the first season before i started reading the books. i only started reading the books because i am one of those people who really want to know what happens. i know pretty much all of the stuff that happens in the books (ryan spoiled the entire series for me), but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the show or the books.

i am one of the people who were extremely disappointed with the second season, mainly because it was so far off from the second book and it was quite confusing for people who hadn't read the books.

This is what I am most worried about. I thought the second season was great. Still as exciting as ever. So what happens if I read ASoS, then sit down to watch in April, and wind up being extremely disappointed. Discovering I no longer like/enjoy my favorite show. Was it so disappointing that you considered no longer watching or anything of that nautre?

And I actually though the first season was more confusing, but that is one thing I liked about the show. I had to do research and really pay attention to figure out what was going and, who was who, and how everyone related to one another. It added depth for me.

the first season was really good, though. with their small budget they still managed to make everything work. the only thing i remember them leaving out was tyrion's battle due to their budget. he ended up just being knocked out instead of actually fighting the bloody battle from the book.

Agreed. I dont think the writers wrote a single line for season one. Just copy and paste from the book. ha. which was fine though.

Anyway, thanks for the input guys.

LOOP

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-27 18:12:23

Surely given that the books are the superior version of the story you're better off reading them so you don't spoil them with the show, rather than the other way around?

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-27 21:50:40

At 7/27/12 06:12 PM, TheMaster wrote: Surely given that the books are the superior version of the story you're better off reading them so you don't spoil them with the show, rather than the other way around?

^ This times 1000

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-07-28 14:46:00

At 7/27/12 05:45 PM, Bees wrote:

think it's much different to watch the show than to read the books. the show has anticipation and suspense on its side, and it's always quite nice to see your favorite scenes from the book come to "life".

Yeah, thats what I've kinda read when when I see people talking about reading the books or not.

yeah the first season forced me to pay attention because i was a bit confused as to who the lannister twins were (i thought it was jamie and tyrion) and who jon snow was. i thought theon was a stark for an episode or two. became much more clear when i went on the HBO site and saw they had a family tree up, and it made me want to read the books.

I thought Theon was a stark for like, the whole season haha. And I had no idea who Renly, or Stannis were. ActuLly I didn't hav any idea who/what the small council was.

hey hey, they added their flare to it! i recall sex scenes!

Yes... and Theons Penis.

At 7/27/12 09:50 PM, DickBuns wrote:
At 7/27/12 06:12 PM, TheMaster wrote: Surely given that the books are the superior version of the story you're better off reading them so you don't spoil them with the show, rather than the other way around?
^ This times 1000

I might get flayed Bolton style for saying this, but I enjoyed watching the first season more then reading the book. and Season 2/ ACoK were about the same for me.

If thats a trend then maybe it would be a good idea to read the book, but if not, I just don't know.

LOOP

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2012-12-28 00:15:01

Good summary of S2

Going to start rereading and rewatching in preparation for next season.

I know it is still ages away.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 07:01:30

SEASON 3 BUMP!

Also uploaded the intro to this season same as last.

Now to watch the damn thing for myself...

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 11:03:47

Fine start to the season. Couple of little issues (no ravens from Sam = no Davos learning to read scenes which might have been cool), but on the whole it was good. More screen time for Roose, a strong indication Roose and Jaime will cross paths down the line, giants look great, dragons look great, Selmy rescue scene only moved to Astapor rather than Qarth, not dropped all together.

On the negative side, no Belwas, but we knew that was happening, no Arya yet when her arc this season is what I'm looking forward to the most, Talisa existing, and Tormund not saying "Har!" yet.

Hopefully they're just teasing us with Tormund like they did with not having Ygritte say "You know nothing, Jon Snow" in her first episode.

Also nice little nod with Cersei's line about hearing Tyrion had lost his nose. I enjoyed that.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 13:20:52

I found the premiere to be rushed and muddled together. Maybe I just think so because I read the books and know lots of things happened out of order. I didn't much care for the absence of Arya, Bran and Jaime. I know they're not getting ignored all together but they had pivotal roles in the previous seasons, so they shouldn't be left out in the premiere. Me and my friend were looking forward to it all year and when it ended we just said 'uhhhhhh meh'.

Also am I the only one that found Dany's arc premiere to be extremely glossed over? The one before me mentioned the assassination attempt being moved. But what about Jorah kissing her, Illyrio sending ships for her and the premature re-introduction of Ser Barristan? They already made me hate her in the show last season, and now they don't seem to care for her at all from the books.

PSN ID: Zeldafreak701 | Gamertag: Zeldafreak701 | 3DS friend code: 0301-9780-8157

You shouldn't have done that....

Sig by BlueHippo <3

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 19:27:22

I came here to comment the episode, but I remembered you horrible people spoil the books and it's frustrating that I can't talk about this show her or anywhere else online because it's based on existing material that apparently everyone on earth but me had read and I can't avoid the freaking spoilers.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 19:36:42

At 4/1/13 07:27 PM, creepyboy wrote: I came here to comment the episode, but I remembered you horrible people spoil the books and it's frustrating that I can't talk about this show her or anywhere else online because it's based on existing material that apparently everyone on earth but me had read and I can't avoid the freaking spoilers.

Just get the books, then. It's completely worth it.

So when's the show going to get to the part where Jon...nah, just kidding.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 19:52:30

At 4/1/13 07:36 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 4/1/13 07:27 PM, creepyboy wrote: I came here to comment the episode, but I remembered you horrible people spoil the books and it's frustrating that I can't talk about this show her or anywhere else online because it's based on existing material that apparently everyone on earth but me had read and I can't avoid the freaking spoilers.
Just get the books, then. It's completely worth it.

So when's the show going to get to the part where Jon...nah, just kidding.

I'm not really a "book person" and those books particularly are freaking huge, seriously, it's amazing how they can compress such huge books in a season of 10 episodes each.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm not from this planet

Art Page|Art Thread|Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-01 22:55:15

My opinion of Sunday's episode:

Davos is alive? Saw that coming.

Blue-Lips is alive? Didn't expect that one.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-02 08:18:02

At 4/1/13 10:55 PM, Dawnslayer wrote: Blue-Lips is alive? Didn't expect that one.

I think it's a different Warlock, not Pyat Pree.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-04 16:05:16

guess I'm the only one who liked the premiere, thought it a sensible adaptation of the books and enjoys the all of the characters

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-04 16:16:17

At 4/4/13 04:13 PM, Rummy0 wrote: Zionist bullshit to remove the cryptic pagan myths, deep meanings, traditions and wisdom behind European fantasy and replace it with moraless degenerate filth.

tone down on the racism their guy.

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-15 08:55:16

Now I can finally make "Give the man a hand!" jokes around my showfag friends without worrying about spoilers.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-15 11:18:31

Jamie's gonna feel that one in the morning...

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-15 11:20:49

At 4/15/13 11:18 AM, Tribal wrote: Jamie's gonna feel that one in the morning...

I just can't stand daenerys and Cersei fuck those chicks man

Response to Game of Thrones (Show) 2013-04-15 20:05:04

Stannis just wanted to get his D wet this ep.

LOOP

BBS Signature