00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,947 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-28 21:11:49

Nearly 10 hours in and I'm doing well. I keep ending up on the crap team though. The weapons feel nice and the 870 with flechette ammo is a monster. And I love the MK11 with ACOG, grip and silencer, it's still good at distance but you can run and gun with it as well. The UMP is really good as well.

As for glitches there's a few places where you'll randomly fall through the floor and quit game doesn't always work, and sometimes things like O to disarm will stay on the HUD after you die.

Also, crouching is very slow so teabagging is pointless. There's been plenty of swearing as well when I shot first but was the one that got killed.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 09:48:36

This game is far from perfect, the graphics aren't as good as the hype and neither is the destructible environment. I hope all those people who hyped this to be a godlike game finally see some sense that it really isn't.

I'm sure the PC version is where it's at (I tried it on PS3) - so I might try it on that instead.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 11:46:19

Yeah it does look a bit rough in places, the knife animation is a bit meh as well.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 13:19:47

Played for about 2 hours so far. It's okay. Feels more like BC2 than BF2, which is a bit disappointing, even though I do like BC2 quite a bit.

Granted, I've only had the chance to play Operation Metro, so maybe my opinion would be different if I got to play proper BF Conquest on a proper BF map. I wish they'd stop with that password silliness on Caspian Border.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 13:25:55

i cant even test out the beta it says cannot be accesse and now the ps store is down for maintenance fuck you Sony

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 14:57:00

Alright, I got on Caspian Border. Was fine for a couple of minutes but then I started getting some heavy graphical artifacts, kinda like in this video. Has anyone had this happen to them? Was it the game bugging out or is something wrong on my end?

PS Running around with a shotgun is fun in Metro. I've never really used shotguns in a BF game before, but I recommend everyone try it. Changes your playstyle considerably.

PPS Noticed something odd. In BC2, I'm usually one of the worst players, whereas in this and in BF Play4Free (don't diss it, a fun game), I find myself usually being on the high end of the scoreboard.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 15:44:47

Looks like dick on Xbox.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 15:58:15

At 9/29/11 03:44 PM, Makeshift wrote: Looks like dick on Xbox.

It's also not even very fun. Nothing new here. I just hope Caspian Border can offer something that gets me excited for this game again.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 16:13:43

Heh.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 16:30:24

At 9/29/11 04:13 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Heh.

I agree with her...I just wanna play the fuckin game!!!!!

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 16:30:34

Played one match before the servers went down, and I didn't like the map much as defenders have too much of an advantage, I fell through the map and died after going prone by bomb site B in the tunnels, and I couldn't aim down my gun sights for 5 minutes straight. I'm also amazed that the shotguns are as powerful as they were in Medal of Honor.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 16:49:43

At 9/29/11 04:30 PM, SouthAsian wrote:
I agree with her...I just wanna play the fuckin game!!!!!

Are these complaints coming from console gamers? I have no problem joining a match on PC (even Caspian Border took only a couple of minutes; maybe I'm lucky).

Plus, you can't seriously agree with her since 1)there are tons of US and tons of EU servers set up, and 2)Dice is a Swedish company, so calling BF3 an American game is pretty retarded.

At 9/29/11 04:30 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Played one match before the servers went down, and I didn't like the map much as defenders have too much of an advantage, I fell through the map and died after going prone by bomb site B in the tunnels, and I couldn't aim down my gun sights for 5 minutes straight. I'm also amazed that the shotguns are as powerful as they were in Medal of Honor.

You don't like the shotguns? I'm thankful that, for once, they're actually useful, particularly in the subway. If you get up close, they're devastating, but getting close isn't easy. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 16:57:40

I'd like to play. The servers have been down on the 360 for about an hour.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 18:26:27

Played for about 3 and a half hours today. Thought it was great. Haven't had this much fun with an FPS since MOH: Allied Assault. Glitched out twice falling through the floor and it froze on loading screen three times other than that it's been fine.

Oh actually on the last part of the Metro map I was getting this weird glitch where the screen would keep flashing white. Fairly annoying.

I can't wait for the end of the month.

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 18:49:24

At 9/29/11 04:49 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
Are these complaints coming from console gamers? I have no problem joining a match on PC (even Caspian Border took only a couple of minutes; maybe I'm lucky).

I think so.

Plus, you can't seriously agree with her since 1)there are tons of US and tons of EU servers set up, and 2)Dice is a Swedish company, so calling BF3 an American game is pretty retarded.

lol true I thought she was trolling when she said it.

In other news I finally played about an hour of the BETA and it was fun.Felt like BC2 and COD and the graphics were kind of under whelming but I know this will be dramatically improved upon in the final product.I can see myself playing this for a while.

FUCK YE!

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 18:54:17

Not going to preorder this anymore. I don't trust EA. The servers have been down for more than 3 hours now, and the game wasn't even that good.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 21:03:01

Servers still down for anyone else on 360? I generally don't mind problems during betas, but when servers go down for 3+ hours during peak times is somewhat unacceptable.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 21:04:08

At 9/29/11 09:03 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: Servers still down for anyone else on 360? I generally don't mind problems during betas, but when servers go down for 3+ hours during peak times is somewhat unacceptable.

I got on an hour ago. It's still down for my friend. But I'm enjoying the game now. Still don't know if I want to preorder or just buy it whenever I get around to it.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 21:08:28

At 9/29/11 09:04 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 9/29/11 09:03 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: Servers still down for anyone else on 360? I generally don't mind problems during betas, but when servers go down for 3+ hours during peak times is somewhat unacceptable.
I got on an hour ago. It's still down for my friend. But I'm enjoying the game now. Still don't know if I want to preorder or just buy it whenever I get around to it.

Sad face. I still can't get into a game. I guess I need to go bitch about it on the internet.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 22:29:16

At 9/29/11 09:53 PM, benjadaninja wrote: Is it just me or are the ps3 beta graphics TERRIBLE?
Seriously looks like blackops right now, I am hoping they improve them.

This is what the final game will look like more or less.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 23:07:11

At 5/10/11 02:29 PM, MercatorMapV2 wrote:
At 5/10/11 02:25 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
I don't see why you had to bring system into this particular portion of the discussion, when the point was online vs. singleplayer. Even PC games occasionally scale back graphics and such for multiplayer to make the game run smoother between all the different users.

We all know the PC version is going to be the better version graphically (oh dearry me, not the graphics) and that multiplayer is going to have larger maps and more players. No need to keep hammering that point over and over.
System is relevant because the person who I quoted was talking about a trailer, which would be shown from a PC, and would likely not be using a PC, but a console instead.

This is not about LOLOLOLOLCONSOLEFANBOYISMLOLOLOLOL but simple logic. A port from PC to console is not going to look as good, and of course the developer will want their product to look as graphically pleasing as possible by choosing the graphically superior platform.

Simple numbers watson.

Just got off the open beta, game looks amazing i must say, smooth gameplay, had a dead body come flyong at me at one point but other then that the beta was finominal. I ended up accidently taking out a tree with my grenade also lol. I would reccomend getting this game, gonna see if i can get my hands on a copy cuz im dirt pour right, only got like 5-10 dollars right now, hope i can get a copy. The only thing i dont like about Battlefield in general is the knifing and the bullet drop, that stuffs a bitch with long range sniping, you think "awesome im gonna snipe this guy" *BANG* *bullet lands a few feet short* *raging sceams*, amazing game.

HahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. funny guy over here, look at 'im.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-29 23:19:38

What's so ironically hilarious is that allowing others to do what she asks is very un-American. First come, first serve, bitch. Can't play? Go cry some more and stop blaming Europeans.

"This is an American game, so Americans should have #1 priority." Someone needs to take a class in logic. I just... I wanna... Oh my fucking God. Be grateful they want to play, you fucking...

"And Americans, as English speakers..." Almost all Europeans are taught and can speak good English. She's a fucktard, doesn't deserve the game, and should probably be left in a ditch wrapped in a fucking bed sheet somewhere.

It's the night now, go to sleep? It was fucking 8 p.m. when she posted, SHE SHOULD GO TO SLEEP.

I've never wanted to strangle someone so much than I do right now.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 04:25:07

For you neg-heads, remember that this is a BETA-build, not the full game.

I personally think the gameplay-feeling is the best I've ever had in any shooter.

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 04:38:13

Beep.

>: (

Wakka wakka

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 05:54:24

At 9/30/11 04:25 AM, Rucklo wrote: For you neg-heads, remember that this is a BETA-build, not the full game.

Yeah, a beta build of a game that is a month from release. The BF3 beta is a lot buggier than betas usually are. I remember the MOH open beta being a much smoother experience (albeit a much shittier game).

Also, I forgot to comment on this before, but the UI is horrid on PC. Not only is there no in-game server browser (which means you have to go to their website, mess around with your firewall and download and install a shitty plug-in), but why would the game launch in windowed mode in 720p? And why can't I access menus while I'm waiting to respawn or something?

I'll be playing a lot more of the beta, especially Caspian Border, but the only thing this beta is accomplishing right now is making me want to play the much superior BC2.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 06:53:35

So, that m4a1.

*cough* overpowered.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 09:38:09

At 9/30/11 07:38 AM, Cootie wrote: I was always a big shotgun fan because I just liked the play style, but now I am glad they are finally of use. Not overpowered, but you actually kill people when you get in close range now.

Flechette ammo makes them good at any range. And extended mag means the party can keep going for that little while longer. Also, joining your friends doesn't always work. I hope they bring out a patch soon to fix the niggles.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 11:18:48

Hopefully I'll download the beta on Xbox tonight and get to play it over the weekend. Having played nothing but Dead Island for a couple weeks now I'm not too sure how will this well go.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 16:11:00

wow is just played the beta, its pretty good, but i wish they had caspian border :( that wouldve been great

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 16:56:00

Just downloaded the beta but I assume the servers are down? I got "an unknown error occurred" and then the beta just loaded forever.

I guess i'll attempt to play it tomorrow or something.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature