00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,923 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 16:40:59

At 10/1/11 04:24 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: This game is seriously a glitchy piece of shit.

Beta*

I've actually come across only a few graphical glitches. It's pretty decent on the 360.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 16:46:19

The Beta is a fun, if not buggy but i belive they'll fix the glicthes and hopefully add a map with planes...
The only problem i have are the noobs who never played a BF game before, you know the ones who constatly yell anf complain about dying.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 18:11:52

At 10/1/11 11:43 AM, Makeshift wrote: How do you know?

I frequent the Battlefield forums and it's been said plenty of times by Dice officials.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 18:57:06

At 10/1/11 06:11 PM, simon wrote: I frequent the Battlefield forums and it's been said plenty of times by Dice officials.

Oh. Well, it's a good thing, IMO.

List of changes being made.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 19:34:58

Truthfully, if things seem this bad, they really should push back the release date and make sure everything is as close to perfect as possible before launch. It's less than a month away and judging from what people are saying about the Beta (I haven't played it myself), it just doesn't seem ready yet. I for one would not complain if they had to do this, as I'd rather have a high quality game that's free of bugs and glitches later on in the year than be stuck with a game that's a total glitchy mess because they hastily released it before it was anywhere near ready.

I just don't think less than a month is enough time to fix and address the issues that seem to be present in the game. I know a lot of people would probably grumble and complain about it, but it would be the smarter and wiser decision.

This is not one of those games they can afford to screw up.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 00:07:30

does anyone else get the occasional glitch where an enemy has a blue icon and name?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 01:15:46

Had a chance to play the Beta, so I decided to give it a shot for about a half hour.

The game feels pretty good so far, but yeah, I'll admit I get a different feeling about this compared to BF2. Definitely feels much more like BC2 than BF2. Still decent though, and if this is what the full game will be like, I'm definitely not canceling my preorder.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 01:44:56

oh god this sounds horrible..

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 04:13:02

I have been lurking this thread for the past two months. Let me go ahead and address some things here.

At 9/29/11 06:54 PM, Makeshift wrote: Not going to preorder this anymore. I don't trust EA. The servers have been down for more than 3 hours now, and the game wasn't even that good.

Uhhhhhhhh why would they be down? OH YEAH, THEY HAVE TO UPDATE AND RESTART THE SERVERS. THIS TAKES A HELLALOTTA TIME. Why would that cause distrust unless you don't know what you are getting into?

At 10/1/11 05:11 AM, idiot-monarch wrote:
The BF series is the PC-centric original series, whereas the Bad Company games are console-freindly spinoffs.

BF3 pretty much plays like Bad Company, though, which is a shame.

Until we get larger maps, and vehicles. PC will have 64 players, which is very much a different experience from the limited numbers on consoles.

At 10/1/11 11:22 AM, idiot-monarch wrote:
Frankly, I'm afraid to think how horrendous the release will be if the game is a month away from release.

Let me just drop this on you...it may be quite shocking.....

THIS IS A BETA. YOU ARE A GUINEA PIG FOR THEM. They are testing various lines of code and making us play the same map over and over again much like mice going through a maze. As a person who was in the Alpha (PC master race) I can tell you that the Alpha was no where near bugged as this. What does that tell us? That they have a final copy of code that they will go with at launch, but are currently testing other code to see if they can use shorter lines of code, introduce different logic sequences, etc. etc. to produce an even higher quality product. All in an effort to make your final and REAL gaming experience even better. This is NOT the actual game people. Hence I can't use the mortar on my support kit that I should have unlocked 40,000 points ago.

At 10/1/11 04:24 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: This game is seriously a glitchy piece of shit. I've been stuck on neverending loading screens, the screen keeps flashing, I've been unable to shoot, any squad I start is broken up, squad chat rarely works, and I KEEP FALLING THROUGH THE MAP.

See above response to glitches.

At 10/1/11 12:47 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 10/1/11 12:39 PM, Cootie wrote: I can also tell a lot of new people are playing the game because too many people are not near the bomb and trying to push into the enemy spawn.
i don't know how rose-tinted your specs are but that was typical of BF2 too

Cootie isn't looking through rose tinted specs. Cootie is looking through completely n00b specs.

At 9/29/11 11:53 PM, Cootie wrote: I like how the characters just fell more in BC2. In this game sometimes you shoot people and their bodies drop and fly off just to much. Also, changing attachments on your guns used to be faster and I don't like how guns are faction specific.

It's clear you never played BF2 or 1942. Or 1943 for that matter.

At 10/1/11 12:23 PM, Cootie wrote: I though the graphics would be better though. They are good, but does anyone else on the PS3 see graphics that are very rough a jagged looking? Oh well, the game still plays very well. I just wish this wasn't the map they have us a beta for. It almost completely abandons what BF is about. But, it is probably the only one of its kind in the game.

This very much is what BF is about. Flanking, destructible environments, and teamwork. Not just randomly running around and shooting people like you do in COD.

Is there any one besides BBM here that I quoted that knows wtf Karkand and jalalabad is without having to google?

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 04:21:00

I am however very glad to see that the casual console players took the 30 FPS bump like a champ, and did not do much complaining. There is no way in hell that a console would be able to run BF3 at 60FPS without running into severe problems, overheating, damage, etc.

How do I know this? I'm running an i7 quadcore at 3.07 gHz with 12 gigs of ram and a GTX 470 video card with a ridiculous case that has more fan rotors than a military helicopter support base does, a motherboard that can take ridiculous heats because of the ceramic heatsinks, and I can only get this bitch cranked up to 37 FPS without my room feeling like a fuggin oven. (which, with the current temp outside at 38F, isn't such a bad thing)

Welp, time to take advantage of the triple SLI capability on that mobo.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 04:26:06

At 10/2/11 01:44 AM, naronic wrote: oh god this sounds horrible..

It's not horrible. It's a beta. They finished game will be outstanding, and the people posting complaints here clearly don't know why it's called "BETA".

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 06:09:50

My new found love is finding a nice spot to set up my LMG on the bipod and just start slaughtering everyone that gets in the way. I found a good spot to sit is not too far away from the top of the escalators in the subway station. People always use those stairs and they never seem to get a hit on me first. Just sometimes one of them will peak out enough to land some shots into me without me realising he's there.

Bipods definitely make LMGs feel more useful for me now than they did in the Bad Company games.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 06:12:16

At 10/2/11 06:09 AM, Dean wrote: My new found love is finding a nice spot to set up my LMG on the bipod and just start slaughtering everyone that gets in the way. I found a good spot to sit is not too far away from the top of the escalators in the subway station. People always use those stairs and they never seem to get a hit on me first. Just sometimes one of them will peak out enough to land some shots into me without me realising he's there.

Bipods definitely make LMGs feel more useful for me now than they did in the Bad Company games.

Oh yes, they are quite lovely. I've been looking forward to bipods actually being coded in by DICE since I was playing Project reality (A mod for BF2) about 3 years ago that had them. LMG went from meh accurate to, holy fucking shit, this thing is a sniper rifle, accurate.

And wait til you get the 240bravo. Quite a lovely piece they have worked up for us.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 06:33:28

Something I've been wondering is what is the purpose of the squad leaders? Is it just a way of identifying the highest ranking player in the squad or do they have some kind of extra functionality?

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 06:52:08

At 10/2/11 06:33 AM, Dean wrote: Something I've been wondering is what is the purpose of the squad leaders? Is it just a way of identifying the highest ranking player in the squad or do they have some kind of extra functionality?

No one quite knows yet, however with the implementations they have given us from Project reality, and stuff from BF2, we should be able to give orders as a squad leader.

The squad leader is NOT the highest ranking person in your squad. Simply the person in the top position in the squad slot if you check the squad screen.

Battlefield 3 also has squad beneficial perks as well. That sprint you unlocked? There's one that benefits the whole squad. Same with ammo and others.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 07:31:32

The squad leader can set up squad objectives (whereas in BC2, anyone in the squad could).

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 08:35:21

At 10/2/11 07:31 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: The squad leader can set up squad objectives (whereas in BC2, anyone in the squad could).

Yea, you're right enough. I thought that might be the case but I always seem to end up as squad leader so I never got a chance to see if you can issue orders as just a regular squad member.

I also seem to be falling through the map a lot more frequently now.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 09:14:06

At 10/2/11 04:13 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: Uhhhhhhhh why would they be down? OH YEAH, THEY HAVE TO UPDATE AND RESTART THE SERVERS. THIS TAKES A HELLALOTTA TIME. Why would that cause distrust unless you don't know what you are getting into?

Oh god, calm down. The official Battlefield Twitter said they didn't know why it was down.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 11:05:56

pp2000 <3 <3 <3

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 11:59:07

At 10/2/11 11:05 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: pp2000 <3 <3 <3

overpowered.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 12:49:25

So i've been playing the game more and I haven't really seen any of this "teamwork" people rave about Battlefield, I know how to use the controls for saying spotting an enemy but it doesn't seem to have any point to it as if you can do that you can kill them yourself. It just goes into the standard CoD affair of running around and killing people, hell my friend who's really good at the game didn't even know until yesterday that if you press the back button you can spot an enemy, and most of the "teamwork" described is just giving health and ammo to your allies or just running with them to shoot people. I know there are probably some people who are really good at the game and know how to utilize the spotting feature to its full extent along with other teamwork things, but making it really difficult to use them for new players or the average player does not improve the quality of the game.

That and gameplay seems to consist of trying to figure out what's scenery and what's an enemy. Especially on the lake, that's freaking terrible I'm not an avid FPS fanatic but dear god It's difficult to find anyone to shoot at much less spot, and then I get killed by someone I couldn't see. It seems to want me to use the Sniper but I'm not a good sniper and I don't want to play as one since I don't enjoy it too much.

And last but not least, it just seems totally like CoD because 1. Little destructo scenery and 2. no vehicles, so this might as well be a beta for MW3 since it lacks what makes the BF popular.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 14:59:23

At 10/2/11 11:59 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/2/11 11:05 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: pp2000 <3 <3 <3
overpowered.

probably. I use the holo sight, flashlight and extended mags on it, it's a beast

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:07:32

At 10/2/11 12:49 PM, Warforger wrote: This feels like CoD.

Most of your complaints can be leveled against the horrid map and gametype. What makes the BF series unique is the large scale and the vehicles, neither of which are present on Operation Metro.

They're trying to pull in the CoD crowd with the beta, it seems, and they've managed to alienate a huge amount of BF fans at the same time.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:10:39

Oh boy people going prone and drop-shotting. Maybe I'll skip BF3 AND MW3 and just go straight for Skyrim now.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:15:38

At 10/2/11 03:07 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
Most of your complaints can be leveled against the horrid map and gametype. What makes the BF series unique is the large scale and the vehicles, neither of which are present on Operation Metro.

They're trying to pull in the CoD crowd with the beta, it seems, and they've managed to alienate a huge amount of BF fans at the same time.

I disagree, Metro is good map with great mix of open, long range firefights, and close quarter fights.
And as for team work, it's there, but since the controls and game mechanics arn't explained at all, it leaves people to wonder what they're suppoesd to be doing, so the turns into a more realistic CoD.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:17:34

Played a lot more of the beta with my friends today, UMP45 and M249 are a bit too powerful in my opinion. Also I keep getting killed in 1 shot by the SVD when I'm at full health, yet when I use it, it takes 3 shots to kill someone, so fucking irritating.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:27:19

At 10/2/11 03:15 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Disclaimer: I don't play betas. I prefer to play games in their finished state.

Best thing to do, this isn't a beta.. it's months old and all problems have been fixed before retail.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:31:04

At 10/2/11 03:15 PM, NightmareReaper wrote:
At 10/2/11 03:07 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:

I disagree, Metro is good map with great mix of open, long range firefights, and close quarter fights.
And as for team work, it's there, but since the controls and game mechanics arn't explained at all, it leaves people to wonder what they're suppoesd to be doing, so the turns into a more realistic CoD.

Let's put it this way: I sorta enjoy goofing around with a shotgun on Metro , but it is not at all what I expect from a BF game. And I don't think experienced players will change much. Operation Metro will always be an infantry based meat-grinder.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:35:06

At 10/2/11 03:27 PM, simon wrote:
At 10/2/11 03:15 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Disclaimer: I don't play betas. I prefer to play games in their finished state.
Best thing to do, this isn't a beta.. it's months old and all problems have been fixed before retail.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm amazed that people are actually believing this. Why would they release a months-old, buggy build as a beta when they know that it will leave an incredibly bad impression, if they had a wonderful, magical non-buggy version?

Of course, this is purely speculation, but it has 'damage control' written all over it.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-02 15:56:57

At 10/2/11 03:35 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 10/2/11 03:27 PM, simon wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I'm amazed that people are actually believing this. Why would they release a months-old, buggy build as a beta when they know that it will leave an incredibly bad impression, if they had a wonderful, magical non-buggy version?

Of course, this is purely speculation, but it has 'damage control' written all over it.

Not really. The fact is, is that the first day of the beta, there were little to zero bugs present. Second day, people falling through the ground, grenades getting stuck in bushes, flashing green and black screens, etc. etc.

Clearly testing code.