New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:33 AM Reply

At 8/2/11 11:54 PM, Snuff wrote: Well I have enough money to pre-order this. But I'm contemplating whether or not to just get it for Christmas instead... It just looks so good, and there aren't many good games coming out until November...

This will more than keep me occupied until Skyrim if I get it...

My current line up is getting Dead Island in September, then BF3 in October, and then getting Skyrim in November. This will form a trifecta of awesomeness that will last me well into the year 2012.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 8/3/11 12:33 AM, Cootie wrote: My current line up is getting Dead Island in September, then BF3 in October, and then getting Skyrim in November. This will form a trifecta of awesomeness that will last me well into the year 2012.

Why you gotta be so rich, bro?

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:45 AM Reply

At 8/3/11 12:41 AM, kiljoy96 wrote:
At 8/3/11 12:33 AM, Cootie wrote: My current line up is getting Dead Island in September, then BF3 in October, and then getting Skyrim in November. This will form a trifecta of awesomeness that will last me well into the year 2012.
Why you gotta be so rich, bro?

I'm getting more than that.

Dead Island (still unsure), Dark Souls, Rage, Forza 4 (still unsure), Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3 (if I have money and if everything IW is saying about it ends up being true), Skyrim, Saints Row: The Third. That's my 2012 and I know how to afford all of it so get on my level motha fucka.

RoyWZY
RoyWZY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:05 AM Reply

I see they still have the same dark blue and orange theme from BC2. Seems a little odd considering it isn't the same title. But anyway, I always liked that sort of theme, so I'm not complaining.

I'll definitely be getting this game as soon as I can, I love BC2 so this game should live up to my expectations.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:32 PM Reply

I really don't like the idea of COD fanboys coming over and playing BC2 like they are both the same game.

No teamwork, wookies everywhere, and running around trying to quickscope, making us all lose.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 12:32 PM, phrozonfire wrote: I really don't like the idea of COD fanboys coming over and playing BC2 like they are both the same game.

No teamwork, wookies everywhere, and running around trying to quickscope, making us all lose.

This is why I'm considering not getting this, the multiplayer lobbies will just wreak of smug.

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 06:49 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 8/3/11 06:44 PM, Danavers wrote: This is why I'm considering not getting this, the multiplayer lobbies will just wreak of smug.
I wouldn't say it's fair to judge a game based on how pretentious the fanboys are.

I was joking, the real reason I might not buy it is because of Skyrim. Sadly I don't have bags of money at my disposal.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 12:32 PM, phrozonfire wrote: I really don't like the idea of COD fanboys coming over and playing BC2 like they are both the same game.

You will be playing against those people as well though. Meaning that when the game first comes out us veterans from the older games should be able to easily pick apart the fresh meat players.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 07:04 PM, Cootie wrote: You will be playing against those people as well though. Meaning that when the game first comes out us veterans from the older games should be able to easily pick apart the fresh meat players.

Holy shit, I didn't think about that!

It's going to be a GLORIOUS bloodbath.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 3rd, 2011 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 8/3/11 08:06 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 8/3/11 07:04 PM, Cootie wrote: You will be playing against those people as well though. Meaning that when the game first comes out us veterans from the older games should be able to easily pick apart the fresh meat players.
Holy shit, I didn't think about that!

It's going to be a GLORIOUS bloodbath.

I can imagine someone trying to knife me, not realize what button to push and know how long it take, and me having time to turn around and blow their face off. Then they throw the controller out the window.

BBS Signature
zooos
zooos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 12:55 PM Reply

Don't know if it's been posted, but anyone looking for BF3 to be on Steam....not going to happen.

"You can't buy Battlefield 3 on Steam"

Unfortunately, that's a deal breaker for me.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 12:55 PM, zooos wrote: Don't know if it's been posted, but anyone looking for BF3 to be on Steam....not going to happen.

Yeah, a lot of people knew about that. That's why people continue to bitch about Origin.

IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 12:55 PM, zooos wrote: Unfortunately, that's a deal breaker for me.

That is stupid on your part.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 08:56 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 12:55 PM, zooos wrote: Don't know if it's been posted, but anyone looking for BF3 to be on Steam....not going to happen.

"You can't buy Battlefield 3 on Steam"

Unfortunately, that's a deal breaker for me.

I havent been keeping up with origin, whats it really like?
Also, are they still distributing physical copies?

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 08:56 PM, kman355 wrote: I havent been keeping up with origin, whats it really like?

It's like Steam, but it's called Origin.

LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 09:03 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/6/11 08:56 PM, kman355 wrote: I havent been keeping up with origin, whats it really like?
It's like Steam, but it's called Origin.

And it only sells EA games.

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
Kman
Kman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 09:16 PM Reply

What about physical copies? And origins sounds like shit.

Steam: Kman
Sig by YenMuffin
"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature
IncendiaryProduction
IncendiaryProduction
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 6th, 2011 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 8/6/11 09:16 PM, kman355 wrote: What about physical copies? And origins sounds like shit.

Origin is just the regular EA store if I understand correctly, only it is updated an renamed.

I always buy physical copies. I don't do the PSN store or any other place like that.

A merry heart does good like a medicine; but a broken spirit dries the bones. Proverbs 17:22
"It's not gay because we're bros." - Gobblemeister

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 7th, 2011 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 8/6/11 10:00 PM, IncendiaryProduction wrote:
At 8/6/11 09:16 PM, kman355 wrote: What about physical copies? And origins sounds like shit.
Origin is just the regular EA store if I understand correctly, only it is updated an renamed.

I always buy physical copies. I don't do the PSN store or any other place like that.

I don't download either because with as many games as I buy I would probably run out of space. I just like knowing I have a real copy of the game that I can touch and feel for some reason.

BBS Signature
Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 04:35 AM Reply

So. Alpha testing. Lemme go ahead and drop it on you folks.

Sniping, meh. Nothing new there. The scope sways, it has a glint on it too occasionally so someone can see where you are at. The fact that you can hold down a SHIFT key to hold your breath and make the sway stop is nice, but not innovative. Seen that done before in Project Reality. Bullet drop is back as well. Again, nice, but not innovative.

If you equip a laser pointer on your weapon, other people can tell that you they are being targeted as occasionally their screen will flash red as you point your weapon at them.

The bipod is nice as well, I like the way that they did it so you don't have to manually select the bipod like you do in the Battlefield 2 project reality mod. Depending on how you go prone and if you move or not determines whether or not your protagonist whips out the bipod. The weapon is very accurate when deployed in a bipod mode, and great for holding down defensive chokepoints. The really nice and innovative thing about the bipod in my opinion, is the ability to stand next to shoulder height walls, or crouch next to shorter height walls, and place the support weapon on top of the wall with the bipod open. You may still make use of the advantages of the bipod, and also get the added the bonus of the cover you are standing/kneeling behind. There are some obvious disadvantages to using the bipod however. All are somewhat realistic and understandable. Example, you may not turn more than 45 degree angle from your original starting point if you have the bipod open.

So, bipod starts like this: I

You may turn the gun this way \ or this way / but not this way --

Vehicles can now not only be destroyed, but disabled. What this means, is that you can perform mobility kills on vehicles and leave them dead in the water. You get points for this. However, the vehicle turret and weapons will still operate, so caution is still advised.

When you destroy a vehicle, you get points for disabling it, destroying it, and for killing whoever was inside.

There was a lot of bitching and crying by people about the spotting feature. Nothing new, just like in bad company 2.

The sound effects are nearing accurate as well, and the way they have worked the surround sound is outstanding. Graphics are much better as well. But that's a given.

Still, a lot of bugs to be worked out. Pathing issues, kit geometry issues, graphical issues, etc. I'm certain that those that I saw and experienced will be fixed by the time the game is in Beta or at the latest, on shelves.

Richard
Richard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 8th, 2011 @ 04:38 AM Reply

At 8/2/11 06:47 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 8/2/11 06:41 PM, warshark wrote: I've got all of those things already and I only play Assault or Engineer.
Did you buy the SPECACT kits?

I bought the specact kits just so I didn't have a shitty fucking goddamn giveaway red beret whenever I played a medic on the russian side.

Shit was infuriating.

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 11:31 AM Reply

Great gameplay footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3E FE&hd=1

I'm going to Gamescom on thursday, I'll tell you how it is.

JMCJoe
JMCJoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 11:34 AM Reply

At 8/16/11 11:31 AM, Wolfos wrote: Great gameplay footage:

I will sell you my soul if you bring me with you.

It tolls for thee.
Thanks to IncendiaryProduction for the sig!

BBS Signature
Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 11:38 AM Reply

D'awww, They have those little bomb robots...

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 11:50 AM Reply

At 8/16/11 11:34 AM, JMCJoe wrote:

I will sell you my soul if you bring me with you.

Sorry, car is full. A ticket is EU10 (or EU6 if you can prove you're a student) but getting there's the expensive part.

Anyone else who's going: I'll wear a Newgrounds Sketchbook Tour shirt.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 11:58 AM Reply

I'm new to the Battlefield series (3 will be my first one) and I just saw the new gameplay trailer with jets in, can anyone tell me how I would pilot a jet? Is it some sort of perk? Class? Certain amount of kills to get in one?

I want to fly those babies.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 12:19 PM Reply

At 8/16/11 11:58 AM, simon wrote: I'm new to the Battlefield series (3 will be my first one) and I just saw the new gameplay trailer with jets in, can anyone tell me how I would pilot a jet? Is it some sort of perk? Class? Certain amount of kills to get in one?

I want to fly those babies.

The jets are on the map, if you get there first you can fly one.

simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 12:20 PM Reply

At 8/16/11 12:19 PM, Wolfos wrote: The jets are on the map, if you get there first you can fly one.

That sounds better than what I was thinking of. In the other Battlefields was this a problem (people fighting over them)?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
X1SephX
X1SephX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 12:32 PM Reply

At 8/16/11 12:20 PM, simon wrote:
At 8/16/11 12:19 PM, Wolfos wrote: The jets are on the map, if you get there first you can fly one.
That sounds better than what I was thinking of. In the other Battlefields was this a problem (people fighting over them)?

i guess only if you want to drive one
In BF: BC 2 there's room for 4 four ppl in a tank.

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 Aug. 16th, 2011 @ 12:49 PM Reply

The jet gameplay, and that tank rolling up with the chopper flying so low to the ground was just beautiful. I am extremely excited for this game. I just got my 32' tv hooked up to my $1500 PC for this game, it's gonna be great!