00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Thread for Battlefield 3

132,960 Views | 1,656 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 17:13:28

At 9/30/11 04:56 PM, warshark wrote: Just downloaded the beta but I assume the servers are down? I got "an unknown error occurred" and then the beta just loaded forever.

I guess i'll attempt to play it tomorrow or something.

I got that so I just close down BF3 in the task manager and reload it through Origin and it usually works.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 17:21:00

At 9/30/11 05:13 PM, Simple wrote: I got that so I just close down BF3 in the task manager and reload it through Origin and it usually works.

I'm on the xbox so none of that for me.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 17:24:45

At 9/30/11 05:21 PM, warshark wrote: I'm on the xbox so none of that for me.

The servers have been a bit fucky. I was getting an error when I got home today, but got into a match a few minutes later.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 18:00:08

At 9/30/11 04:56 PM, warshark wrote: I guess i'll attempt to play it tomorrow or something.

Happened to me the first time I played it. I just exited to dashboard and tried again but it kept saying something along the lines of "No servers were found" so I just kept selecting the find match option until it actually joined.

It's good fun and I can see the finished game being awesome.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 18:40:28

At 9/30/11 05:21 PM, warshark wrote: I'm on the xbox so none of that for me.

Install it on your PC and get annoyed at the servers there.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 20:19:03

At 9/30/11 06:40 PM, Simple wrote: Install it on your PC and get annoyed at the servers there.

If my computer was able to run it, I would.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 21:10:13

I played it as a first timer to the BF series (well to the multiplayer anyway, ok ok I had a few games then too) and wow it was average. I didn't really havetoo much fun, for one I probably would have if there were vehicles like they kept advertising, but leaving it to the average shooter stuff is lame. It wasn't bad, it's just the lack of variety for low level players especially, the lack of coorperation between players in random public games and the lack of the stuff they keep advertising made it just feel like a CoD clone. Afterwards I decided to just go play AC:Brotherhood and decided the wait was worth it.

But my main gripe was the same gripe I have with all FPS multiplayers nowadays, i.e. people are hard to see since they blend into the terrain too well, I know for BF trying to be another realistic shooter its good due to camo, but for games like say Space Marine it shouldn't be there. The gameplay being mostly fun for those who are already long time players and harsh, boring and discouraging for new players etc. etc. I prefer games like AC:B or RUSE, those games multiplayers have more strategy involved in the sense that over time the game changes due to how you've played, while say in CoD or BF it doesn't seem to change too much throughout the game, you can be in the lead and have nothing change for you then get beat back. Things like that annoy me.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 21:11:15

Had 2 epic games before. Singlehandedly took on the enemy team in one (44 kills and got 3 M-COMS right at the death) and in the other I flanked around in the subway, wasted a few stragglers, then killed at least 6 in one go who were all huddling together in a corridor.

M-M-M-MONSTERRRR KILLLLLL

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-09-30 22:19:33

i hope the 870 doesn't get patched.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 00:00:33

My win/loss ratio is 8.0.

K/D is only 1.259, but I was just fucking about. I didn't think the stats would carry over to the real game, but I think they do.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 00:04:57

so is bad company battlefield and battlefield two different shooters?

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 05:11:56

At 10/1/11 12:04 AM, roderickii wrote: so is bad company battlefield and battlefield two different shooters?

The BF series is the PC-centric original series, whereas the Bad Company games are console-freindly spinoffs.

BF3 pretty much plays like Bad Company, though, which is a shame.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 06:08:32

Oh god, the UMP-45 is AMAZING!

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 06:09:19

At 10/1/11 12:00 AM, Makeshift wrote: My win/loss ratio is 8.0.

K/D is only 1.259, but I was just fucking about. I didn't think the stats would carry over to the real game, but I think they do.

No, they do not.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 06:14:17

Not a fan of the Assault and Medic classes being rolled into one. No one bothers to heal and revive right now, whereas in previous games, where medics weren't as combat-effective, this was never a problem.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 06:16:20

Ok so I'm most likely getting this computer. To anybody who understands computer specs better than I do, should this be able to run BF3 without any issues?

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 840 @ 3.2GHz x 4 cores
Motherboard - Asus M5A78L/USB3 AMD 760G AM3+
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5
Sound: Onboard 7.1 surround sound
Hard drives: 1000GB SATA II 7200RPM HDD
Optical drive: 24x DVD rewriter
Wireless: 300Mbps Wireless PCI Card
PSU: 500 watt Coolermaster Elite PSU
Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus
Operating system: Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

Also it sounds as though the BETA isn't going down too well.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 07:03:04

At 10/1/11 06:09 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/1/11 12:00 AM, Makeshift wrote: I didn't think the stats would carry over to the real game, but I think they do.
No, they do not.

Well I'm glad to hear that. I was a pretty good player on BC2 usually finishing in within the top few places of the leaderboard, but I suck at this. I can't tell if it's just a case of not having played this kind of game for so long or just generally sucking.

Having said that, I took out the sniper for the first time towards the end of that last match and caused hell with it. Got a 10 kill streak.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 07:49:05

Well, I've played a good five or so hours of the beta on PC now, and I'm actually quite liking it, even though I wasn't a big fan of the alpha, though I think that was mainly due to the performance problems I suffered from it.

My only real problems with the beta right now are obviously, the bugs, things like the ground collision and stuff, but also it seems that there is some retarded lag compensation in the game, there are a number of times where it show *me* in cover, but I still end up dying, maybe I'm just lagging, but I've basically only been playing on Texas servers with a 30ish mbps connection.

I also have to say it's annoying as fuck when I revive people behind cover, pop a health kit down, and they run away and die. I mean seriously? I'm one of the few medics that actually saves your ass, and instead of waiting to get full HP you run out like a dumbass and get shot. Kinda infuriating at times, the community seems completely brain dead on what to do most of the time. It would also be nice if some more people played support, or at least, dropped ammo like Assault drop medkits. Also, if the game had a decent map that would probably help newbies a lot. The map is just completely awful.

Anyway aside from that, not much to complain about, everything else is pretty solid. I don't really agree with making Operation Metro the beta map, as it doesn't really accurately represent Battlefield. They used Port Vladez for the BC2 beta, which I thought was a pretty solid Battlefield map. It was big, had a good amount of vehicles, and lots of things to blow up, they really should have made Caspian the main beta map, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. That said, I think the map is incredibly fun once you get into the actual metro, the CQC is just great.

Another thing I love is how they upped the bullet damage of the guns, and especially how much better the hit detection is compared to BC2.

Also Recon's spawn beacons are amazing. I love to play Recon on defense with the PP-2000 with a combination of spawning behind the enemy, extremely easy to get tons of kills.

tl;dr

Finally, I have a question to the PC users. I have a pretty aged PC, and I was wondering if I could run large 64p maps like Caspian Border with at lest 25+ fps for the most part. I run Operation Metro just fine on the lowest settings, but it's a small map with 32 players.

My specs:

Win7 64-bit
GTX 280
Core2Quad E6600 @ 2.40GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM

If someone could answer that for me, that would be awesome. I'm just worried about buying the game and not being able to run it even decently for the larger maps.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 09:49:37

At 10/1/11 06:16 AM, Snuff wrote: Ok so I'm most likely getting this computer. To anybody who understands computer specs better than I do, should this be able to run BF3 without any issues?

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 840 @ 3.2GHz x 4 cores
RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5

You'll be able to run it on high graphics at least with no problems

The beta is a little bit disappointing. Mainly how it's BF:BC3, not BF3. Also I completely agree with the problem with menus someone mentioned, I was tinkering with my settings and someone shot me, so it cancelled out of the menus? What the fuck? That said the graphics are nice and I'll keep playing it a bit.

Also it's horrendously buggy. This isn't acceptable for an open beta, especially not so close to release date. Last game I played, hilariously enough, all corpses would slide east during gameplay lol.

Also why can't I enable toggle crouch on PC?

Also everyone, add me

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/use r/BananaBM/

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 09:51:06

Also launching from a browser has impressed me, if games will do this in the future I really don't mind. It's very quick, I don't have to watch any silly intro movies or development logos, and I wholeheartedly approve.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 11:14:44

At 10/1/11 09:49 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Also it's horrendously buggy. This isn't acceptable for an open beta, especially not so close to release date. Last game I played, hilariously enough, all corpses would slide east during gameplay lol.

Same happened to me in both games that i've played.
Nothing seems impressive about the beta at the moment. Seems incredibly buggy for an open beta. If this was an alpha I guess it wouldn't be too bad. I kept getting shot around corners which is never fun.

Does anyone else get some weird bright green flashes randomly whilst they're playing? I thought it was to do with the lighting effects but it just seems to happen all the time.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 11:22:09

At 10/1/11 11:14 AM, warshark wrote: Does anyone else get some weird bright green flashes randomly whilst they're playing? I thought it was to do with the lighting effects but it just seems to happen all the time.

Yeah, sometimes. White flashes too.

Frankly, I'm afraid to think how horrendous the release will be if the game is a month away from release.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 11:41:31

Yea, the beta is definitely a lot more buggy and less polished than I was expecting.

- I've been running along the battlefield and just randomly died and been told I committed suicide
- Been unable to sprint unless I was crouching (but you cant sprint when crouching, so he'd take a couple steps and stop)
- Been unable to look down the sights of my weapon unless I first switched weapon
- Had the blue colour filter from the pause screen carry over even when I unpaused it, making everything look blue

Regardless of little annoyances like that, I still think this is going to be an awesome game. I don't so much care if it feels like another Bad Company game, because that's what I'm used to and enjoy. Still unsure whether I'll get this or CoD first though. Guess it depends on what my mates go for.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 11:43:55

At 10/1/11 06:09 AM, simon wrote:
At 10/1/11 12:00 AM, Makeshift wrote: My win/loss ratio is 8.0.

No, they do not.

How do you know?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 12:28:19

At 10/1/11 12:23 PM, Cootie wrote: I just wish this wasn't the map they have us a beta for. It almost completely abandons what BF is about.

I was pissed about the map choice too. It's like they're trying to get Call of Duty fanboys to run to this game, because this map is a lot more close-quarters and fast paced than other BF maps, but similar to Cod maps. I hear Caspian Border will be released in the Beta eventually, so I'm looking forward to that.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 12:43:14

I actually quite like the choice of map. It has a good mix. The start and end sections are alright for long range combat and the two middle parts are fun for closer quarters. Granted there's no huge open area like some of the older maps we're used to, but I still think this is a good map.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 12:47:47

At 10/1/11 12:39 PM, Cootie wrote: I can also tell a lot of new people are playing the game because too many people are not near the bomb and trying to push into the enemy spawn.

i don't know how rose-tinted your specs are but that was typical of BF2 too

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 13:48:43

At 10/1/11 12:04 AM, roderickii wrote: so is bad company battlefield and battlefield two different shooters?

Erm Bad Company was a spinoff of Battlefield focusing on ground battles, i.e. it was meant to compete and capitalize on the booming CoD trend in gaming, which it did. Battlefield games on the other and have that, but they also include more vehicles like aircraft, helicopters etc. They're the same franchise it's just Bad Company was like say GTA SA.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 15:27:04

I heard Battlefield 3 will give the xbox360 red ring of death.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to A Thread for Battlefield 3 2011-10-01 16:24:09

This game is seriously a glitchy piece of shit. I've been stuck on neverending loading screens, the screen keeps flashing, I've been unable to shoot, any squad I start is broken up, squad chat rarely works, and I KEEP FALLING THROUGH THE MAP.

A Thread for Battlefield 3

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature