00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wikistudios just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,082,289 Views | 77,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 18:19:20

I hate it when you buy a shirt off the internet and the image shown on the site takes up most of the shirt and then once you recieve the shirt the image is small as fuck. I just bought a new Acid Bath shirt and the front image is so fucking small compared to the pic on the site..... FUUUUUUUU.......

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 18:49:05

At 12/10/10 06:19 PM, Anti-pie wrote: I hate it when you buy a shirt off the internet and the image shown on the site takes up most of the shirt and then once you recieve the shirt the image is small as fuck. I just bought a new Acid Bath shirt and the front image is so fucking small compared to the pic on the site..... FUUUUUUUU.......

Next time you want to buy a t-shirt from the internet, try to find pictures of the shirt or at least a sample image showing the proportion of the logo on the shirt.

Best advice I can give you.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:21:04

my stomach hurts. I think it's the Four Loko. And I'm about to have an enchilada smothered in habanero sauce.

anybody got any recs for something with good bass? metal or not? anything with prominent, sexy bass. or any good progressive rock or metal that I may have not heard? (that's a challenge right there)

Dalnaki, what death or thrash metal can you recommend me? I'm digging Morbid Saint, which I wouldn't have heard if it weren't for you. I have a confession to make, though. Do you listen to progressive metal or progressive rock? I'm always excited to find prog metal or rock that I've never heard before.

At 12/10/10 05:25 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Oooh, college boy, big man on campus and all that. Hitting the books. Spending all nighters cramming with coffee.

duffieeeee..duffarino...the duff meister. makin' copieeeeeees

At 12/10/10 05:42 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Guttural vocals aren't exclusive to death metal. Also, she's not growling. It's more like a harsh rasp that's pretty common in folk metal from what I remember.

That raspy kind of growl, only a little softer and less harsh, is what I got into first when I started getting into metal with harsh vocals. Agalloch and Einherjer were some of the first bands I really got into that had harsh vocals before I started listening to death metal and such.

At 12/10/10 05:01 PM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote: Check this shit!
She's so Metal.

wow. that was pretty good. got me head bangin' and shit.

At 12/10/10 05:42 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Like this one. Her growl is deeper than most DM vocalists.

nice. sounds like funeral doom metal to me. Now that I think of it, I haven't heard anybody here talk about funeral doom metal in a long time. I think the last person I've seen talking about it was probably Ghoul. some of my favorites are Esoteric, Monolithe, and Skepticism.

listening to: possessed - the exorcist
tremelemelemelemelooooooo

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:25:42

At 12/10/10 07:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I have a confession to make, though.

meant to delete this sentence. was going to say I didn't like what I heard by possessed, but then I started listening to them and started headbanging and....yeah. forget that.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:29:38

At 12/10/10 07:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: nice. sounds like funeral doom metal to me. Now that I think of it, I haven't heard anybody here talk about funeral doom metal in a long time. I think the last person I've seen talking about it was probably Ghoul. some of my favorites are Esoteric, Monolithe, and Skepticism.

Yeah Funeral Doom is great, could use more bands from the genre myself, but some great bands are Worship, Funeral Mourning, and Ahab.
Im gonna have to check out those bands you listed, and anything else people know would be great.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:36:26

At 12/10/10 07:29 PM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote: Yeah Funeral Doom is great, could use more bands from the genre myself, but some great bands are Worship, Funeral Mourning, and Ahab.
Im gonna have to check out those bands you listed, and anything else people know would be great.

I would also recommend Doom: VS. Pantheist is alright, depending on which song you're listening to. I've never heard of worship. I'll give that a listen, if I remember.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:41:29

At 12/10/10 06:19 PM, Anti-pie wrote: I hate it when you buy a shirt off the internet and the image shown on the site takes up most of the shirt and then once you recieve the shirt the image is small as fuck. I just bought a new Acid Bath shirt and the front image is so fucking small compared to the pic on the site..... FUUUUUUUU.......

Yeah, I don't like how the NG logo is so small on the shirt I have.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:42:01

At 12/10/10 07:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 12/10/10 07:29 PM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote: Yeah Funeral Doom is great, could use more bands from the genre myself, but some great bands are Worship, Funeral Mourning, and Ahab.
I would also recommend Doom: VS. Pantheist is alright, depending on which song you're listening to. I've never heard of worship. I'll give that a listen, if I remember.

Alright i'll give em a listen in a little bit.
Heres some Worship.
Good stuff, good stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 19:47:44

At 12/10/10 07:29 PM, 6Imm6ortal6 wrote:
At 12/10/10 07:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: nice. sounds like funeral doom metal to me. Now that I think of it, I haven't heard anybody here talk about funeral doom metal in a long time. I think the last person I've seen talking about it was probably Ghoul. some of my favorites are Esoteric, Monolithe, and Skepticism.
Yeah Funeral Doom is great, could use more bands from the genre myself, but some great bands are Worship, Funeral Mourning, and Ahab.

My personal favorite funeral doom band is Evoken. Try getting Antithesis of Light or Quietus by them. Both are fantastic doom metal bands.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-10 20:53:19

At 12/10/10 05:55 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
At 12/10/10 05:42 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Pretty impressive for a little blonde Norwegian girl.
Damn, that's crazy. I can't even do that and she does it no problem.

I made a list of bands with female members in them a few pages back. Mostly bands with female vocalists. You should check it out.

At 12/10/10 05:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Is there anyway I can get my hands on their EP? I'd like to be able to listen to this on my iTunes :)

5 seconds on Google.

At 12/10/10 07:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: anybody got any recs for something with good bass?

Not really sexy, but it's filthy. I love filthy bass. Also, not related, but fuck dubstep. Oh yeah, can't forget Dreaming in Red.

At 12/10/10 07:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Dalnaki, what death or thrash metal can you recommend me? I'm digging Morbid Saint, which I wouldn't have heard if it weren't for you.

Necrovore. Fucking primal raw DM. Man, I wish more bands played this style of DM. If you like Necrovore, go with some Necrosanct. Brutality. One of the better early DM bands from Florida. Poison from Germany. Thrashy death metal. The post-Poison band R.U. Dead? is worth checking out, despite the lame name. Full of delicious riffs.

Anyway. Onto thrash metal. I don't really like thrash metal, but Wehrmacht, Demolition Hammer, Anacrusis, Equinox (NOR), Metal Church, Laaz Rockit, Flotsam and Jetsam, and Sacrilege (UK) are all worth checking out, to name a few. Werhmacht is the fastest band I've ever heard. You're guaranteed to like Demolition Hammer since you like Morbid Saint. You should also check out Sadus if you haven't already. They pretty much go hand in hand with Demolition Hammer and Morbid Saint. Anyway, onto the others. Anacrusis is prog thrash. I really don't remember much about Equinox other than I liked them a lot, but I can't find any links on youtube. Metal Church bordered on speed metal. They used to be my favorite band, but I've since burnt myself out on them. Laaz Rockit is more on the melodic side of thrash, as is Flotsam and Jetsam. Sacrilege is basically a bunch of crust punks playing thrash.

At 12/10/10 07:21 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Do you listen to progressive metal or progressive rock? I'm always excited to find prog metal or rock that I've never heard before.

Yeah. I love prog rock. Also, space rock too. Have you ever listened to space rock? Anyway, here's what I think of as one of the ultimate prog rock songs. It's an instrumental, though, and the band is a space rock one. But yeah, my opinion still stands. I'll make a list of prog rock bands for you later, if you want. Though, I don't know much about prog rock.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 01:08:51

At 12/10/10 08:53 PM, Dalnaki wrote: 5 seconds on Google.

Don't mock me, I was doing some work for Uni.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 01:54:15

It's been a long time since I really devoted any of myself to metal

I'm hoping to get back into it by allowing myself to just dive in and take what I like

I've always been more of a 'mainstream' kind of fan as far as the genre is concerned but I have let myself expand into less familiar waters.

I was hoping you guys could give me a good place to start

If I had to list 10 Metal Bands I like I would say

Metallica
Black Sabbath
Motorhead
Slipknot
Rage Against the Machine
Iron Maiden
System of a Down
ACDC
Disturbed
Guns N Roses

However, despite how mainstream that list is I am making an effort to delve deeper into the genre.

I have taken a liking to acts such as Mastodon, Five Finger Deathpunch, Lamb of God, Equilibrium, Ensiferum, Godsmack, etc.

I'm trying to find more groups like those, bands that exude that aura in their sound

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 02:19:08

Monolithe and Skepticism are incredibly badass. Check out Wreck of the Hesperus.

And speaking of doom metal, I've been listening to a lot of normpeterson and Spider Kitten lately. I'd bet nobody here has ever heard of them (herp derp I'm such a metal hipster) so you all should go check them out.

wolf piss

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 04:25:05

At 12/11/10 01:54 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: If I had to list 10 Metal Bands I like I would say

You do have to list 10 metal bands to join the Metal Hell :P

Metallica

Good

Black Sabbath

Good

Motorhead

Good

Slipknot
Rage Against the Machine

Both are not Metal. Slipknot is a Nu-Metal band and Rage Against the Machine are Rock. The word Metal can be found in the genre "Nu-Metal". In fact, this genre is not a metal subgenre.

Iron Maiden

Yes

System of a Down
ACDC
Disturbed
Guns N Roses

All of them are not Metal. SoaD and Disturbed are Nu-Metal. GNR and AC/DC are Rock.

However, despite how mainstream that list is I am making an effort to delve deeper into the genre.

I have taken a liking to acts such as Mastodon, Five Finger Deathpunch, Lamb of God, Equilibrium, Ensiferum, Godsmack, etc.

Equilibrium, Ensiferum, Lamb Of God and Mastodon are all Metal. Godsmack and Five Finger Death Punch are not.

I'm trying to find more groups like those, bands that exude that aura in their sound

If you like Equilibrium, you will surely like Finsterforst and maybe Nomans Land.
If you like Ensiferum, you will most likely enjoy Wintersun and maybe Norther.
If you like Metallica, you might like Megadeth, Testament and Anthrax.
I will also throw Judas Priest, Halford, Dio and Edguy on top of this. Maybe you will like these two :)

To join the Metal Hell, you need to list ten proper metal bands though. Right now you have 8, which are Metallica, Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Lamb Of God, Equilibrium and Ensiferum. If you could only add two more metal bands to the list, it would be just perfect.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 08:52:54

At 12/10/10 04:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: If it wasn't that Corey Taylor was such an arrogant twat and the vocalist of Slipknot, I'm pretty sure you guys could like his voice. However, it seems that he cannot sing live anymore...

With or without Slipknot, I just don't think he's great. Something about his vocals just sounds off for me.

At 12/11/10 04:25 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Right now you have 8

I thought it wasn't necessary to have all ten artists to be metal. We've had users before where they had 7 or 8 metal artists listed with the others not being metal and got accepted. I wish to give him the thumbs up now since I'm sure he'll stick around as well as giving the bands we recommend a chance.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 09:42:46

Just wondering, what makes genres like nu-metal and metalcore NOT at all metal? I don't really like either of those genres, just wondering what the huge difference is.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 10:03:39

At 12/11/10 09:42 AM, JaY11 wrote: Just wondering, what makes genres like nu-metal and metalcore NOT at all metal? I don't really like either of those genres, just wondering what the huge difference is.

Difference being it's all fucking shit

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 10:18:46

My favourite Funeral Doom band is Ahab, they sound so brutal. Also, you guys should check out Bosque, a portuguese funeral doom band.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 10:22:42

At 12/11/10 10:03 AM, Megafones wrote:
At 12/11/10 09:42 AM, JaY11 wrote: Just wondering, what makes genres like nu-metal and metalcore NOT at all metal? I don't really like either of those genres, just wondering what the huge difference is.

Because Nu Metal doesn't really sound like Metal, it's more like hip hop with hard rock or moderno rock or alternative rock or whatever and hardcore punk. And metalcore is hardcore punk with metal influences but not Metal. Basicly.

You're so angry...

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 11:07:55

That's subjective.

I like being able to enjoy everything from metalcore to depressive black metal :)

I IZ SOO DIVERSEZORZLOLOL.

A Day To Remember - 2nd Sucks

^I dare you tr00's to listen to this song and not nitpick, yes it's basically just a breakdown but hey, it's fun to listen to ;P

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 11:43:54

At 12/11/10 10:22 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:
Because Nu Metal doesn't really sound like Metal, it's more like hip hop with hard rock or moderno rock or alternative rock or whatever and hardcore punk. And metalcore is hardcore punk with metal influences but not Metal. Basicly.

^^ What he said. That's the difference. I remember a post a while back that broke down Slipknot and showed how they were more rock and hardcore punk than metal. It was a good explanation and showed how the individual elements showed how it wasn't metal. If you could find that somewhere, it was a pretty good.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 15:08:42

At 12/11/10 10:22 AM, TheDaemonicPoet wrote:

This. Bands like Slipknot have little to no Metal influences. Their drums are Metal actually, but most of their influences are Hard Rock and Hardcore Punk. Same goes for Metalcore and other "core" genres. There are core bands with way more Metal influences than others though. Bands like Through The Eyes Of The Dead, even back when they released their most "core" albums, were still influenced a lot by Death Metal. For bands like Waking The Cadaver or Despised Icon, I just faill to see any kind of metal elements in their music...

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 15:55:00

At 12/11/10 08:52 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/10/10 04:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: At 12/11/10 04:25 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Right now you have 8
I thought it wasn't necessary to have all ten artists to be metal. We've had users before where they had 7 or 8 metal artists listed with the others not being metal and got accepted. I wish to give him the thumbs up now since I'm sure he'll stick around as well as giving the bands we recommend a chance.

To be honest, even I don't think I'm quite 'Metal' enough for Metal hell, lol. It's not even about joining the group or anything, it's just about expanding my horizons and finding new music. Regardless of if I join this club or not my favorite genre will still be RnB and my taste Metal will still be by and large related to that if only by the most imperceptible connections.

I am very interested though in what was recommended to me, and I already do enjoy Dio and Wintersun from what was mentioned. So I look forward to experiencing new sounds because that's what this is all about after all, at least, for me it is.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 16:13:06

At 12/11/10 03:55 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: I am very interested though in what was recommended to me, and I already do enjoy Dio and Wintersun from what was mentioned. So I look forward to experiencing new sounds because that's what this is all about after all, at least, for me it is.

From what you listed I'm gonna recommend Turisas, Suicidal Tendencies, Down, 3 inches of blood, Kamelot, Slayer, black label society, Kreator, and King Diamond.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 16:21:17

At 12/11/10 04:13 PM, Anti-pie wrote: From what you listed I'm gonna recommend Turisas, Suicidal Tendencies, Down, 3 inches of blood, Kamelot, Slayer, black label society, Kreator, and King Diamond.

Shit, it's that time of year to listen to Wintersun again. I love this band. When I first found the album I listened to it constantly. So melodic, beautiful, yet brutal, and he's such a good vocalist and guitarist.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 16:24:51

If you want to get a better idea of what I've been listening to over the past few days you can check out

My LastFM charts

I've basically just been listening to the 'metal' tag radio for the past few days, looking into what sounds cool and what doesn't

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 16:28:54

At 12/11/10 04:24 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: If you want to get a better idea of what I've been listening to over the past few days you can check out

My LastFM charts

I've basically just been listening to the 'metal' tag radio for the past few days, looking into what sounds cool and what doesn't

Gobble is not worthy for Hell. :p

I love you gobble. :3

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 16:39:03

Somebody here recommended Alchemist to listen to, and I finally have, and I am most pleased. Thank you, to the club in general for having good taste and for the kind user who linked me to an awesome band.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 17:12:09

At 12/11/10 03:55 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: To be honest, even I don't think I'm quite 'Metal' enough for Metal hell, lol. It's not even about joining the group or anything, it's just about expanding my horizons and finding new music. Regardless of if I join this club or not my favorite genre will still be RnB and my taste Metal will still be by and large related to that if only by the most imperceptible connections.

I'm not a fan of RnB at all but I'm liking your diverse taste. It's good to see you're also enjoying the stuff in metal that you've been recommended to listen to.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-12-11 17:27:23

Any musicians out there care to tell me if this song uses a drum machine?