00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,083,623 Views | 77,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 10:21:41

At 10/6/10 10:06 AM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote:
At 10/6/10 08:28 AM, PenisClown wrote: Same day as Melvins, The Sword, Kylesa and High on Fire. That day will be pretty damn metal.
You better not go sober. I'd kill to see that lineup.

happy 2000th post j00b!!!!!!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 11:24:36

At 10/5/10 09:05 PM, LoKoCoCo wrote: Holy mother of metal that is too epic. Anything with Bruce or Halford is just awesome.

It's as if two worlds collided.

At 10/6/10 08:28 AM, PenisClown wrote: Halford is pretty lame. And Bruce's voice has gone just like Ozzie's, James' and Mustaine's.

I still think Mustaine's voice is good but I do acknowledge the others wearing out. However, Lemmy doesn't seem to be affected by age.

We need awesome new bands to bang to.

I've had this thought on my mind for a while now. I mean, once time is up for Maiden, Priest and such, we'll have to rely on other bands to carry on the heavy metal legacy.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 12:26:32

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 12:44:32

Gotthard vocalist died yesterday.

At 10/6/10 08:28 AM, PenisClown wrote: Halford is pretty lame. And Bruce's voice has gone just like Ozzie's, James' and Mustaine's.

James voice is getting better... It was lame in Metallica's first albums.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 14:06:41

There is nothing better than Insomnium and Opeth.

This had to be said.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 16:25:00

At 10/6/10 10:06 AM, TakeNoPrisoners wrote:
At 10/6/10 08:28 AM, PenisClown wrote: Same day as Melvins, The Sword, Kylesa and High on Fire. That day will be pretty damn metal.
You better not go sober. I'd kill to see that lineup.

Sober? Ponos?

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 17:10:04

At 10/6/10 12:26 PM, smeagol1 wrote: GAAAAAAGHH! Frost is a fucking beast at drumming!!!!!!

There was absolutely nothing special about that video.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 17:44:03

At 10/6/10 12:26 PM, smeagol1 wrote: GAAAAAAGHH! Frost is a fucking beast at drumming!!!!!!

Sounded all right, but not particularly amazing.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 19:54:10

At 10/5/10 01:22 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
I don't know whether these guys are a parody or not, but I don't see why it's so inconceivable that a band could dress and act in this way for the sake of a parody. I mean, some people really love taking parodies as far as they can, it's not like they'll stop and say "Wait you guys, I want to make a believable satirical metalcore band, but I don't want to compromise my external appearance! I realize that this would entirely ruin the integrity of the parody and would most likely result in us being recognized for what we are (frauds), but I just can't be seen with an emo fringe (even if I only keep it for promo pictures and select live performances)."

Em, well... Dress, alright... act... alright... But get the haircut, the tatoos, the stretchs? We are not only talking about altering your image a little...

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 22:49:24

Whats wrong with tattoos...?

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 22:51:49

At 10/6/10 10:49 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: Whats wrong with tattoos...?

Ideally, nothing. If I had the money I'd be covered in em.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-06 23:02:08

At 10/4/10 02:35 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Oh my god, I just had to share this gemwith you guys.

My god, they'll let anyone form a band wont they?

Ok peoples I need music. Bad. I've been listening to stuff that makes me think wtf is wrong with me.
I need help and you guys (for the most part lol) are masters of metal.
So I need new bands.
I want some Death, Black, Doom, hell even some Power.
Any subgenre, anything. Any and all help will be appreciated.
So list meh up. Later brahs lol

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 00:39:45

Oh shit its been a long time
thought id see how the Hell was doing
if you dont remember me... than thats okay
imma try and check up on here as often as i can so hopefully ill be around to chat with you guys again

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 01:35:37

At 10/6/10 10:49 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: Whats wrong with tattoos...?

Did I say anything wrong? We were talking about a metalcore band, according to AniMetal, they were obviously a parody band. So I said they were kind of extreme in their parody. Going as far as getting the emo haircuts, stretchs and emo tattoos (don't tell me you've never seen a core kid with a billion tattoos all over his body). Anyway, I can easily tell a core kid from a metalhead... if not by the haircut and other fugly core-fashion shits... the tattoos usually scream "core".

So, no, there is nothing wrong with tattoos... but would you get yourself a huge ass tattoo with flowers, spines, hearts, spiders and roses all over your body, just to parody a metalcore band?

At 10/6/10 11:02 PM, Blackdoom13 wrote:
At 10/4/10 02:35 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Oh my god, I just had to share this gemwith you guys.
My god, they'll let anyone form a band wont they?

Ok peoples I need music. Bad. I've been listening to stuff that makes me think wtf is wrong with me.
I need help and you guys (for the most part lol) are masters of metal.
So I need new bands.
I want some Death, Black, Doom, hell even some Power.
Any subgenre, anything. Any and all help will be appreciated.
So list meh up. Later brahs lol

Death Metal:

Obscura (Technical Death Metal)
Origin (Technical Brutal Death Metal)
Death (Progressive DM)
Panzerchrist (Blackened DM)
Benighted (Technical Brutal DM)
Blood Red Throne (Technical DM)
Blotted Science (Death Metal influenced Progressive Metal)
Suffocation (Technical Brutal Death Metal)
Decapitated (Technical Death Metal)
Demilich (Technical DM)
Quo Vadis (Qc) (Technical DM)

Black Metal:

Ulver (Bergtatt = Black/Folk Metal // Nattens Madrigal = Raw Black Metal)
Wolves In The Throne Room (Atmospheric Black Metal)
Peste Noire (Black Metal)
Austere (Aus) (Depressive Black Metal)
Balrog (Fra) (Raw Black Metal)
Primordial (Black/Folk Metal)
Enslaved (Progressive Black Metal & Black/Folk Metal)
Sigh (Avant-garde/Black Metal/Post-Black Metal/Thrash Metal)
Arcturus (Atmospheric Black Metal/Avant-garde)
Xasthur (Depressive Black Metal)

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 02:04:07

At 10/7/10 01:35 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: So, no, there is nothing wrong with tattoos... but would you get yourself a huge ass tattoo with flowers, spines, hearts, spiders and roses all over your body, just to parody a metalcore band?

As a parody, no. I'd never get a tattoo that I couldn't see myself enjoying or appreciating in x amount of years down the road. Like I can't stand joke tattoos. So I agree with you there. I am going to get a tattoo of my tarantula, though and I do have to say I already have a heart but it is an anatomically correct one and not one of the gay little cartoon ones.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 13:19:37

At 10/6/10 11:02 PM, Blackdoom13 wrote: So list meh up. Later brahs lol

Coroner, Morbid Saint, Disincarnate, Atheist, Blotted Science, Demilich, Virus, Ved Buens Ende, Arcturus, Ulver, Borknagar, Solefald, Negura Bunget, Klabautamann, Lux Occulta, Sigh, Diabolical Masquerade, Ihsahn, Code, Ufomammut, Keelhaul, Baroness, Rwake, Acid Bath, Behold! the Monolith, Yob, Orange Goblin

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 13:46:13

I mentioned Hammers of Misfortune a while ago and after liking what I heard from them, I had to pick up one of their albums so I went for The August Engine. There is a lot of great stuff in this album such as the instrumental intro of The August Engine (Part 1), the prog madness of The August Engine (Part 2) and the doomy finale of The Trial and the Grave which has to be one of the most depressing songs I've ever heard in metal. OK, maybe I haven't heard tons of doom metal but my point still stands with the grieving lyrics (see quote text). Although some of you know them already, those who don't and are fans of Slough Feg are highly suggested to check these out. After all, Mike Scalzi used to be in this band!

The sentence was passed/The barristers laughed/When they had killed her they cut her in half

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 14:48:20

At 10/7/10 01:35 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: So, no, there is nothing wrong with tattoos... but would you get yourself a huge ass tattoo with flowers, spines, hearts, spiders and roses all over your body, just to parody a metalcore band?

Look up their other songs, they're a grindcore song.

They've probably HAD the tattoos.

They were on summer slaughter and most likely got the hair cuts and clothing to better appeal to the audiences and Dying Will Be The Death Of Me is both to appeal to those fanbases AND shit on them at the same time.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 17:27:00

im back again, this time with my 2 (possibly?) first metal records; power supply by Budgie (thanks to whoever introduced me to them, they are one of my favourite bands!), and screaming for vengeance by Judas Priest, both very good albums, and worth the total price of £13 xD

..mind you £7 for power supply sure is better than the £60 for it being uber rare on CD

Beyond Groovy.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 17:45:41

So I work occasionally with a screamo type dude. He fits the stereotype perfectly, swoopy hair with a blonde streak in the jet black, gauges, lip ring, skinny jeans, the shoes, the whole shebang. He's a cool guy but he constantly talks about his music, which is shitty metalcore like Attack Attack, The Devil Wears Prada, and so on. He thinks they're brutal metal.. oh dear, the rage that fills my heart when I hear him say that.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 17:57:45

Can't get enough Gojira and Meshugga, please do contine to rape my ears with those fucking intense, pummeling riffs.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:04:42

At 10/7/10 05:45 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: So I work occasionally with a screamo type dude. He fits the stereotype perfectly, swoopy hair with a blonde streak in the jet black, gauges, lip ring, skinny jeans, the shoes, the whole shebang. He's a cool guy but he constantly talks about his music, which is shitty metalcore like Attack Attack, The Devil Wears Prada, and so on. He thinks they're brutal metal.. oh dear, the rage that fills my heart when I hear him say that.

Thats ok, Im surrounded by hardcore emo douchebags non-stop. My uncle is a hardcore faggot who always fucks with me saying death metal and black metal suck. Easy to say he lives worse then white trailer park trash so his opinion does not matter. Then theres the little screamo metalcore girls who just don't shut the fuck up and bring me the horizen or some gay shit.

GENOCIDE!!!!!! BLAAHAHAHWQDWLKJWSL!!!!!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:05:42

Gojira, the bezerker, meshugga, brain drill, nile, septic, Lamb Of God, Heaven Shall Burn, Caliban, Fall Of Serenity, Trivium, DevilDriver, All That Remains, Suicide Silence, Apocalyptica, Arch Enemy, As I Lay Dying, Bleeding Through, Bullet For My Valentine, Children Of Bodom, Cradle Of Filth, Dark Tranquility, The Devil Wears Prada, Keep of Kalessin, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Pantera, Rise Against, Sonic Syndicate, Still Remains, Stone Sour, Straight Line Stitch, Tool, Unearth, 36 Crazy Fists, All Shall Perish, As Blood Runs Black, Blood Has Been Shed, Bloodsimple, Breaking Benjamin, Bush, Cannibal Corpse, Daath, Darkest Hour, Despised Icon, Dethklok, Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, Firewind, God Forbid, Godsmack, Hatebreed, Himsa, Iced Earth, In Flames, Hinder, Iron Maiden, Korn, Lacuna Coil, Metallica, Nightwish, Nile,Overkill, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Seether, System Of A Down, Shadows Fall, Skinless, Slayer, Thine Eyes Bleed, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, Trapt, 10 Years, Elysia, Bloodbath, A Black Rose Burial, Behemoth, The Irish Front, The Black Dahlia Murder, Job For A Cowboy, Decapitated, Six Feet Under, Burning The Masses, Waking The Cadaver, Dark Funeral, The Blood Countess, Winds Of Plague, The Red Chord, Dead Like Our Love, Forged Upon Fate, Impending Doom, At Daggers Drawn, Beneath The Massacre, Dying Fetus, Vital Remains, Cephalic Carnage, With Faith Or Flames, Hatesphere, Kill What I Adore, Malevolent Creation, Conducting From The Grave, Becoming The Archetype, Satyricon, Dissection, Black Tide, Deicide, Salacious Gods, Five Finger Death Punch, Walls Of Jericho, Megaherz.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:27:29

At 10/7/10 06:05 PM, xXMetalhead92Xx wrote:

a lot of that is not metal

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:30:14

At 10/7/10 06:05 PM, xXMetalhead92Xx wrote: gay bands

I'm just going to say it, because the others won't. You, sir, are a latent homosexual.

Anyway. What have you guys been listening to lately? I've been digging crust punk, even though I don't know much about it.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:45:44

At 10/7/10 06:27 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 10/7/10 06:05 PM, xXMetalhead92Xx wrote:
a lot of that is not metal

i found around 13 which aren't

Beyond Groovy.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:47:29

At 10/7/10 06:30 PM, Dalnaki wrote:
At 10/7/10 06:05 PM, xXMetalhead92Xx wrote: gay bands
I'm just going to say it, because the others won't. You, sir, are a latent homosexual.

Anyway. What have you guys been listening to lately? I've been digging crust punk, even though I don't know much about it.

i've been listening to alot of priest and budgie lately, of course, im usually listening to 1 of my 3 budgie albums, in between that ive listened to a tiny bit o synth pop and a bit of pop

Beyond Groovy.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:50:35

At 10/7/10 06:30 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Anyway. What have you guys been listening to lately?

soundtracks

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 18:52:03

At 10/7/10 06:50 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 10/7/10 06:30 PM, Dalnaki wrote: Anyway. What have you guys been listening to lately?
soundtracks

what of?

Beyond Groovy.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-10-07 19:29:39

Early Incantation and Angelcorpse.