00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wettle just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,070,585 Views | 77,367 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 05:12:29

On the subject of Twilight, I don't like the concept of it at all. As for the male actor, I haven't seen whether he's good at acting or not but I have no desire to check out the films myself.

At 5/7/10 07:27 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: If I'd offer you to be in the next Backstreet Boys videoclip would you say yes?

If you asked me that, my answer would be "I'd rather chop my balls off."

At 5/7/10 10:07 PM, mothballs wrote: And I used to be like you, I heard of the name before but never bothered, but when I heard them for the first time my jaw dropped. You can't miss out on them man.

Funny, I was like that as well. Didn't really check them out at first but when I heard Pleasure to Kill, my mind was blown away. I still need to listen to more Kreator, though.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 12:38:30

At 5/7/10 05:19 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I think Oppugnant would totally agree with me on this... Altered Genesis is the best Death Metal album to ever be released.

Absolutely. Definitely my favourite DM album ;p

In other news Going to see Nile supported by Abigail Williams & Hate Eternal on the 27th.

Also; Unearth (Meh not a huge fan, they're ok) and The Black Dahlia Murder on the 4th of June.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 14:32:58

At 5/8/10 01:27 AM, Dalnaki wrote:
At 5/8/10 12:35 AM, AniMetal wrote:
At 5/8/10 12:25 AM, Dalnaki wrote: WORST ADVICE EVER. Enemy of God is a pile of shit. Start with Pleasure to Kill, and their early stuff
Actually. Pleasure To Kill is just as big of a pile of shit as enemy of god.
So, you'd rather take their lame experimental years over stuff like this? Whatever you want, bro. We'll still think you're weird, though.

No, i'd just take their best thrash metal albums over pleasure to kill.

Seriously - Extreme Aggressions, Coma Of Souls and Endless Pain blow Pleasure To Kill away.

And their experimental years aren't anywhere as bad as people say. What they did was take thrash metal and just add Industrial, atmospheric and grove elements. I don't see how that is bad.

At 5/8/10 08:23 AM, greensucksbluerules wrote:
At 5/8/10 12:35 AM, AniMetal wrote:
At 5/8/10 12:25 AM, Dalnaki wrote: WORST ADVICE EVER. Enemy of God is a pile of shit. Start with Pleasure to Kill, and their early stuff
Actually. Pleasure To Kill is just as big of a pile of shit as enemy of god.
So even though you claim Kreator is your favorite thrash metal band, you say one of their most acclaimed albums is a big pile of shit. Do you even own Pleasure to Kill?

I do own it. While it is good, compared to some other albums they've released it's boring.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 15:50:19

It's sad how there isn't any Metal genre phase nowadays, or a new style of Metal appearing up, it's like everything has been invented yet. Well... there is a local band that I use to offer support that play Grunge Metal, but anyway, it's not a thing that will explode and create a new phase. Their name is Antracite.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 16:01:15

There is Post-Metal which is fairly new.
Its basically Metal that isn't Metal.

Yeasayer - Madder Red (Odd Blood)

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 16:10:40

At 5/8/10 04:01 PM, Nev wrote: Its basically Metal that isn't Metal.

BRILLIANT!

Hahaha, ha.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 16:15:51

At 5/8/10 05:12 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/7/10 07:27 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: If I'd offer you to be in the next Backstreet Boys videoclip would you say yes?
If you asked me that, my answer would be "I'd rather chop my balls off."

Yeah, but I was asking Nev, and since he already chopped his balls off, I knew he would say yes :)

At 5/8/10 04:01 PM, Nev wrote: There is Post-Metal which is fairly new.

Name a few Post-Metal bands please.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 16:30:04

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 16:43:36

At 5/8/10 04:15 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Yeah, but I was asking Nev, and since he already chopped his balls off, I knew he would say yes :)

I'm not so close minded and insecure, not to mention unrealistic, that I'd turn down an oppurtunity for easy money just because I don't like the Backstreet Boys. It's hardly like I'd be joining the band or would have any serious emphasis on me whatsoever.

At 5/8/10 04:01 PM, Nev wrote:

Kayo Dot
maudlin of the Well
Today is the Day
Kekal
Meshuggah

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 16:56:18

At 5/8/10 04:43 PM, Nev wrote:
I'm not so close minded and insecure, not to mention unrealistic, that I'd turn down an oppurtunity for easy money just because I don't like the Backstreet Boys. It's hardly like I'd be joining the band or would have any serious emphasis on me whatsoever.

You think dancing for the Backstreet Boys would be easy?
Are you out of your mind? >:(
These guys have the fucking hardest and technical choreography in the world son!!! You better learn that !!

Let's do the same thing again. I'm asking you the same question, but this time you have to join the Backstreet Boys. What is your answer?

At 5/8/10 04:01 PM, Nev wrote:
Kayo Dot
maudlin of the Well
Today is the Day
Kekal
Meshuggah

They told me about maudlin of the Well. I shall listen to that band right naw!!

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 17:06:04

At 5/8/10 04:56 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: You think dancing for the Backstreet Boys would be easy?
Are you out of your mind? >:(

This is a point. But like I just assumed I'd be serving some hot girl ice cream or something before she turns and notices the band. I didn't think I'd be dancing. I didn't sign on for that!

Let's do the same thing again. I'm asking you the same question, but this time you have to join the Backstreet Boys. What is your answer?

No. But it's not because of snobbery about what is "good music". Its a style of music that doesn't interest me.

They told me about maudlin of the Well. I shall listen to that band right naw!!

I prefer Toby's Kayo Dot stuff if I'm honest, its pretty much the same band under a different name. Choirs of the Eye is a fanastic album though, so thats why I prefer KD. Check that out.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 17:13:30

I am listening to Alcest, they sound pretty good and I am only in the second song of their new album

Alcest - Écailles de Lune (Part II)

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 17:15:03

At 5/8/10 05:13 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: I am listening to Alcest, they sound pretty good and I am only in the second song of their new album

Sorry for double post but I wanted to say: "HOLY FUCKING SHIT! MY HEAD!"

relevant double post is relevant...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 17:23:29

At 5/8/10 05:06 PM, Nev wrote:
No. But it's not because of snobbery about what is "good music". Its a style of music that doesn't interest me.

Snobbery?

Have you ever heard of this word used to describe some politicians... careerist... ?
That is a word you use to describe a politician that is not there to promote an idea or find solutions to help his society get better. It's a guy who's doing this job only for himself, for his own career and for the pay.

I don't know if it's snobbery to consider him to be selfish and fake... but that's pretty much the same thing that goes for music. If you do it for the pay, how can you put all your heart into it? You have to admit that there is far more work and creativity in metal than in pop music in general.
There are exceptions of course, I know it. I like Jason Mraz, I think he makes good pop music. But talking in general terms, pop music is an industry, a capitalist industry, created to generate money, not to give the world masterpieces and unique artists.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 17:30:57

But to say the artists have no love for it is bollocks. Perhaps there are a few pricks like that, but they'll be caught out quickly, even in such an industry the work and touring is still strenuous.
Pop music isn't just boy bands and tv competition winners, there are people in that line of work that have spent their lives doing it. Elton John, Paul McCartney, for example. I suppose they're just careerists too, just because they're not involved in Metal, which is so oh superior.
What you're saying is snobbery down to a fucking tee.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 17:41:43

Trust me this makes sense. >.>

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 18:02:20

At 5/8/10 05:30 PM, Nev wrote: But to say the artists have no love for it is bollocks. Perhaps there are a few pricks like that, but they'll be caught out quickly, even in such an industry the work and touring is still strenuous.
Pop music isn't just boy bands and tv competition winners, there are people in that line of work that have spent their lives doing it. Elton John, Paul McCartney, for example. I suppose they're just careerists too, just because they're not involved in Metal, which is so oh superior.
What you're saying is snobbery down to a fucking tee.

If I'm guilty of putting words in your mouth, you are guilty two. I've always said there is something like 98% of the music made in the world that I respect. A lot of pop, folk, blues, jazz, classical, indie, rock, drone, funk and all their fucking sub-genres. Elton John and Paul McCartney made pop music back in the days that pop music was "popular" because of the "population" liking them and not because of the power the big musical industries have over radios and tv channels. The Beetles becaome popular because they made music that people liked. Nowadays, it works the other way around. Big labels are choosing what your are going to like tomorrow. They have the money to make it play on the radio so much, that it will eventually get stuck in your head and believe me that you will like that shit. Cause it's fucking Fergielicious after all, right?

You should ask me what I consider to be bad musis before saying I hate everything that isn't metal. Cause Elton John is a great pianist and songwritter. McCartney is a great bassist and also a great songwritter.

El Que Quiera Entender Que Entienda - Mägo de Oz

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 18:15:44

Ah, I didn't realised Pop is popular today because its popular. See I thought it was.... wait a second!

^ Amazing if you like Experimental Rock thats like mixed with Red Indians and Pop music... or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 18:17:29

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 18:48:45

At 5/8/10 05:13 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: I am listening to Alcest, they sound pretty good and I am only in the second song of their new album

I was GOING to see them in boston but the bastards decided to cancel their show their because their singer was to big of a pussy to get over a hangover.

I officially lost my respect for them when that happened.

At 5/8/10 03:50 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: It's sad how there isn't any Metal genre phase nowadays, or a new style of Metal appearing up, it's like everything has been invented yet. Well... there is a local band that I use to offer support that play Grunge Metal, but anyway, it's not a thing that will explode and create a new phase. Their name is Antracite.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 18:57:09

At 5/8/10 06:15 PM, Nev wrote: Ah, I didn't realised Pop is popular today because its popular. See I thought it was.... wait a second!

Ever heard of alienation?

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 18:57:19

At 5/8/10 06:48 PM, AniMetal wrote:
At 5/8/10 03:50 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: It's sad how there isn't any Metal genre phase nowadays, or a new style of Metal appearing up, it's like everything has been invented yet. Well... there is a local band that I use to offer support that play Grunge Metal, but anyway, it's not a thing that will explode and create a new phase. Their name is Antracite.

Damn forgot to reply to this post too. lmfao

Last time I checked, Folk Metal and Avant-garde both emerged in the past decade.

Also, Floor Jansen's new band ReVamp did a Lady Gaga cover live - and it is awesome

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 19:00:13

At 5/8/10 06:57 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 5/8/10 06:15 PM, Nev wrote: Ah, I didn't realised Pop is popular today because its popular. See I thought it was.... wait a second!
Ever heard of alienation?

Yeah, they make computers I think.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 19:01:51

At 5/8/10 07:00 PM, Nev wrote: Yeah, they make computers I think.

Ah, I'm thinking of Alienware.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 20:19:44

I see you're listening to Yeasayer, Nev. Good stuff.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 20:31:36

At 5/8/10 08:19 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I see you're listening to Yeasayer, Nev. Good stuff.

Yeah, I saw them supporting Bat for Lashes back in October. I didn't like their first album but theres a few songs I saw live that were from the - then upcoming - new album (Madder Red and Ambling Alp) so I've been waiting for it to come out. I forgot about it but saw yesterday that they're at the festival I'm off to in July and it reminded me of it.
I figured you might like them :).

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 20:40:22

At 5/8/10 08:31 PM, Nev wrote: I figured you might like them :).

I only have their first album, and I dig it. I'll pick up their new one soon, since everyone I know says that it's better than the first. One of my girlfriend's friends saw them live or something.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 21:37:01

At 5/8/10 01:16 AM, smeagol1 wrote: I must say I like what Im hearing! :) One question though this is thrash metal right? but why does it sound like 1st wave black metal some what? IT'S FUCKING AWSOME THATS WHY!!!!!

I thought it did too! the early stuff that was linked kinda sound like old venom!

also, I don't know who was talking about alcest, but I just saw them live. I prefer it on cd though, not really a live band.

Ciick my sig for a bunch of dead cats

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 21:43:53

At 5/8/10 09:37 PM, stieDchienne wrote:
also, I don't know who was talking about alcest, but I just saw them live. I prefer it on cd though, not really a live band.

You saw them at the Underwold in Montreal? Well Neige couldn't sing, that's probably one of the reasons why it was not as good as the cd stuff. Also, the Underworld is not a very nice venue... Too small, and the sound settings are not quite professionnal.

Response to Metal Hell 2010-05-08 21:46:41

What is the one particular thing that drives you all crazy about metalcore? I'm just curious (and besides the fact that it is not metal).

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!