00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wulfwynne just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Hell

3,078,326 Views | 77,369 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 18:52:43

At 11/13/09 06:16 PM, Nev wrote: Running time is probably the best way of flaunting your musical e-penis.

27 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes, and 31 seconds.

I should spend a month listening to all my music.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 18:58:35

At 11/13/09 02:19 PM, Nev wrote: I didn't care for them.

</3

Longest song I have is Nurse With Wound - The Penis Fruit Loop - 25:24

Fucking weird and awesome band

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:00:08

At 11/13/09 06:58 PM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Longest song I have is Nurse With Wound - The Penis Fruit Loop - 25:24

Whoops just realised what you meant.

Total running time is 3 Days 5 Hours 42 and 46 secs.

meh.

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:05:32

At 11/13/09 06:52 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: 27 days, 3 hours, 47 minutes, and 31 seconds.

29 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes and 18 seconds.

The longest song I have is 'Sugical Sound Specimens from the Museum of Skin' by Fantômas (1:14:17).
Though a lot of that is silence, kinda like 'The Girl Who Was... Death'.
So I'd say the longest is either 'Absolutego' by Earth (1:05:35) or 'Dopesmoker' by Sleep (1:03:32)... though I'm not sure how much of either of those is silence either.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:09:06

My longest song is a live version of Amon Tobin's "Foley Room," which is an hour and seventeen minutes. A lot of my longest tracks are Noisia doing radio things, so the longest conventional song is Edition II, from John Coltrane's Ascension, at 40 minutes and 25 seconds. Fitting that my longest track would be free jazz.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:13:18

At 11/13/09 07:09 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: My longest song is a live version of Amon Tobin's "Foley Room," which is an hour and seventeen minutes.

Isn't Foley's Room an album?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:13:56

At 11/13/09 07:13 PM, Nev wrote: Isn't Foley's Room an album?

It is. What I have is him performing the album in it's entirety.

Also, isn't Absolutego by Boris? Or did Earth do a cover of it?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:16:59

At 11/13/09 07:13 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: It is. What I have is him performing the album in it's entirety.

I see.

Also, isn't Absolutego by Boris? Or did Earth do a cover of it?

Not as far as I'm aware. I made a mistake. It is indeed Boris.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 19:39:36

My longest song is A Pleasant Shade of Gray by Fates Warning. It is just under an hour and takes up an entire CD. My music running time is: 25.8 days.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 20:42:55

My longest song is probably Dopesmoker, it's almost an hour long I believe.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-13 23:54:38

At 11/13/09 09:08 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 11/12/09 07:32 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: THIS IS HOW WE TURN YOUR BORING PARTY INTO ART \m/
I actually enjoyed that and I've not listened to Municipal Waste before. :O

:O You never listened to Municipal Waste until now?! Well, there's always a first for everything. I suggest you start with Hazardous Mutation, then more The Art Of Partying, then Massive Aggressive. Waste 'Em All is alright to listen too if you're interested in how they first started out.

Also, iTunes says i have 15 gigs of music, and my longest song is Dopesmoker 1:03:32. I'm yet to listen to it the whole way through without having to pause/be interupted >:(

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 01:24:54

At 11/12/09 09:38 AM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 11/12/09 02:45 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Being smarter than a dumbass is not hard. Simple observation: I never get in a fight if you don't insult me first. Proove me wrong :)
This entire sentence is essentially flame bait, rendering your point more or less invalid.

also, calling him a dumbass is an insult

It's funny how you always fly to the rescue of one or probably the biggest troll of the hell. You know I never got into fights before Ponos first started to mess with me and my "cheap tastes in music"

And the fact that we have somewhat similar tastes in music is even adding to my point... he's randomly bashing around on everything and everyone.

At 11/12/09 09:17 AM, PenisClown wrote:
At 11/12/09 02:45 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Being smarter than a dumbass is not hard.
This dumbass totally aced his music performance exams and did better than everyone else who went for them. He also just finished a four page essay on the differences and similarities between Wolgang Amadeus Mozart's 'Don Giovanni', Robert Schumann's 'Dichterliebe' and Richard Strauss' 'Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks'.

I think that arts even if they are teached in school cannot be understood and analysed properly only because you got good grades in your exam. Yes, school can help you learn how to analyse music properly and help you learn more about musical history and all this stuff. There is a part you can learn in school and there is a part of learning you must do all by yourself. So even someone who can't read and tell the difference between a horse and a cow could still understand music properly.

And I don't think your a total numb nut. But your being arshe all the time so I just answer with the same rude and useless words...

In fact you do not a lot about music but you still judge a lot, using only subjective arguments to support your opinions. Maybe if these opinions would be expressed as such, and with correct intelligent meaningful words, than I wouldn't react like this. And I'm not talking about putting "IMO" before your posts, but maybe more like... avoiding sentences like this "this band sucks" than I ask you "why?" and you answer "because they are faggets and they suck cocks lulz"

At 11/12/09 10:53 AM, Nev wrote: Sunn O))) are playing here in December.

I've listenned to the album... named The Black One or something like that... can't remember.
I've been told it's their only metal work.
And I personnaly think that it would suck to see them play "this album" live. It's not bad, but it's more like 5 notes played on heavily distortionnised guitars to create a dark ambience with a screaming dude over it. Maybe some of their other work is different. But I'm only telling from what I know about them.

At 11/12/09 01:35 PM, batman64 wrote:
And I see Duff in college, debating daily for the sake of debating.

But... I'm going to uni in January...
Still nice to see your thinking of me :')

At 11/13/09 06:16 PM, Nev wrote:
Running time is probably the best way of flaunting your musical e-penis.

I like that :P

17 days, 21 hours 14 minutes and 17 seconds

And my longer track is (A Shimmering Radiance) Diadem of 12 Stars by Wolves In The Throne Room

At 11/13/09 07:13 PM, D3NTATUS wrote:
At 11/13/09 07:13 PM, Nev wrote: Isn't Foley's Room an album?
It is. What I have is him performing the album in it's entirety.

Well it's not really "one track" then. It's a whole show. Maybe give us the longest title you have of a studio record track :)

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 03:21:27

Library: 11wk 4d 11:08:55.410
Song: I know I have some 2 hour songs but Foobar isn't cooperating with my codes. So the longest one I can find is Craig Padilla's The Light in the Shadow at 1:03:33. There's nothing better to me than a well composed long song.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 05:29:28

DUDES. I'm like fucking bursting with shit to say. Damn.

I recorded a jam session my stoner metal band today. We got really high and it was sweet, I will post some shit from it.

Also, possible band name maybe, A Fuck Off Big Squid.

Duff, I understand music enough to judge it. I understood music before I fucking started studying classical art music. I've been a musician my whole life man, I play/listen/compose music every fucking day, my life's goals are to be a recording engineer and playing in a band and getting high all the time. This is who I am. I'll post some music from the jam session today and I'd love you to listen to it.

Bill! You're one of my idols man. I talk about you to my friends man! While smoking bowls! We are two peas in a pod 20 years or whatever apart. I fucking love stoner doom metal, you totally love stoner doom metal, we love thrash and punk and shit. I fucking love you man. I probably usually wouldn't say I love you any other time, but I'm pretty damn stoned my friend. KEEP IT HEAVY! \m/

Metal Hell.

Pill pop a dope a well run general hash pump a gonna led.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 05:38:44

28.5 days of music.

Longest song is Light of Day, Day of Darkness by Green Carnation at 1hr and 6s.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 06:50:53

My longest song, I am not sure, but I think it's Dazed And Confused by Led Zeppelin... 26:52

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 07:04:41

Well, I don't swing by here very much because with regards to how diverse metal has become over the years, I'm not much of a fan of most of the bands that receive mention here. However, it is close to the end of the year, and I'd like to recap on a year that was really hyped up for me, but turned out to be a pretty big letdown. 90% of the main bands I listen to came out with new cd's this year. Avenged Sevenfold, Chimaira, God Forbid, Scar Symmetry, Threat Signal, Otep, Job For A Cowboy, Caliban, Cradle of Filth, and a few more bands after that all came out with new albums. I was expecting several of these albums to be absolutely epic. In reality, Chimaira, God Forbid, and Avenged Sevenfold all appeared to have gotten worse with time, Scar Symmetry, Otep, Job For A Cowboy (got my vote for worst album of the year), and Caliban all seemed to kind of change their sound up for the worse in my opinion, Leaving only Threat Signal, which was still only an ok album, and Cradle of Filth, which is by far my favorite album of the year.

Cradles album was the first one I managed to get a hold of this year, and it set the bar very high. I've never been a HUGE Cradle of Filth fan, but they really outdid themselves this year. I figured if Cradle did this good, I can't wait to see how much better all these other bands do. Then they all went and failed on me. :/ Job For A Cowboy was the only one that I really regret buying. What a terrible album. They picked up a new guitar player and as a result, their songs are really slow and that chaotic element they're famous for is gone. I hated it with a passion. I've only listened to it about twice. :P But oh well. You win some, you lose some. Silent Civilian has an album coming out sometime in the next couple months, so I might just get another good cd yet. We'll see. What did you guys think of this year in metal?

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 07:33:00

All right, I just want to check something. Which do you guys think is better: Gamma Ray or Helloween? It seems to be a big debate over which band has put out better albums, etc. among power metal fans. So what is your guys' opinion.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 08:50:01

At 11/14/09 07:04 AM, michelinman wrote: Job For A Cowboy was the only one that I really regret buying. What a terrible album. They picked up a new guitar player and as a result, their songs are really slow and that chaotic element they're famous for is gone. I hated it with a passion.

I have a polar opposite view of this album.
Especially dig the song Lords of Chaos.

They have come so far since their abomination of a debut EP.

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 10:33:09

At 11/14/09 06:50 AM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: Dazed And Confused by Led Zeppelin... 26:52

Lol twenty seven minutes.

I don't have a Ipod or anything like that, I just listen to cds.

BUT my longest song, that I have on CD, that I can recall would probably be "Plague Of Butterflies" by Swallow The Sun, it's like 49 minutes long.

At 11/14/09 07:04 AM, michelinman wrote: Well, I don't swing by here very much because with regards to how diverse metal has become over the years, I'm not much of a fan of most of the bands that receive mention here.

Every band you listed is core or not metal and they all suck so that would be why all those albums were failures.

Every band I LISTEN to that have released a new album this year was golden, this is the best year in metal since 2002 IMO.

At 11/14/09 07:33 AM, Zodir wrote: All right, I just want to check something. Which do you guys think is better: Gamma Ray or Helloween? It seems to be a big debate over which band has put out better albums, etc. among power metal fans. So what is your guys' opinion.

Helloween before Kai Hansen left>>>>>>Gamma Ray>>>>>Helloween after Kai Hansen left.

There is really no debate about it, that is pretty much fact.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 14:20:33

At 11/14/09 01:24 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: And I personnaly think that it would suck to see them play "this album" live. It's not bad, but it's more like 5 notes played on heavily distortionnised guitars to create a dark ambience with a screaming dude over it. Maybe some of their other work is different. But I'm only telling from what I know about them.

It's called Drone, Duff. That is pretty much all it is. A slow, ambient note in a bumfuck of chaos.

And its fantastic.

Sunn O))) and Boris' 'Altar' is a better album than The Black One anyway. Check that out.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 17:00:15

At 11/13/09 06:16 PM, Nev wrote: How many gigs of music you have is an irrelevant way of measuring. Because the amount of disc space has a number of factors, not just how much music you have, but more importantly what bit rate the music you have is at.

That is a good point. I always have them at 128kbps. Anything higher doesn't seem to make any difference. I have roughly 15.3 days worth of music. As for the longest song, it's Sleep's Dopesmoker, even though I don't like that song very much. Second is Dream Theater's 6DOIT from Score.

At 11/13/09 07:39 PM, Zodir wrote: My longest song is A Pleasant Shade of Gray by Fates Warning.

Hmm, what is that album like? I'll be getting more Fates Warning albums sometime in the future and if A Pleasant Shade of Gray is good, then I'll have to pick it up sometime. Right now, I only have Awaken the Guardian and No Exit.

At 11/13/09 11:54 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
O You never listened to Municipal Waste until now?!

I know it's strange but I haven't even tried them out before.

Well, there's always a first for everything. I suggest you start with Hazardous Mutation, then more The Art Of Partying, then Massive Aggressive. Waste 'Em All is alright to listen too if you're interested in how they first started out.

Ah, thank you very much for the recommendations. I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

Also, iTunes says i have 15 gigs of music, and my longest song is Dopesmoker 1:03:32. I'm yet to listen to it the whole way through without having to pause/be interupted >:(

I've done it twice before and that's enough for me.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 17:46:18

My longest song is called Pain, which is just some guy getting shot in the leg and screaming for 14 hours straight.

Anyway, there's this guy that I know that says he listens to metal, and then he started telling me how awesome Killswitch Engage was.

So what do I do, shoot him, hang him, noose him, strangle him, stab him or drown him?

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 17:49:52

At 11/14/09 05:46 PM, mothballs wrote: Anyway, there's this guy that I know that says he listens to metal, and then he started telling me how awesome Killswitch Engage was.

So what do I do, shoot him, hang him, noose him, strangle him, stab him or drown him?

Depends, if he said that Killswitch was metal, then you first explain to him, no, they're not. If he argues the point then you take your pick of what you want to do to him.

But, if he's saying it in general like "Yeah, i like metal...by the way how cool is that new Muse album huh?" i.e, not referring to them as metal, but commenting on the other band/another genre completely away from metal, then yeah, don't do anything :3

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 18:46:33

Hey guys I am composing a song, and I posted the lyrics on my profile page, go see it and comment it please.

At 11/14/09 05:46 PM, mothballs wrote:
Anyway, there's this guy that I know that says he listens to metal, and then he started telling me how awesome Killswitch Engage was.

At the Gates - Blinded by Fear

Killswitch Engage is pretty awesome, what the fuck? Too much breakdowns? What is a song with less breakdowns to you? I am the forest heart by Marblebog, which looks like it's the same progression of chords over and over?

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 19:41:20

At 11/13/09 07:39 PM, Zodir wrote: My longest song is A Pleasant Shade of Gray by Fates Warning.
Hmm, what is that album like? I'll be getting more Fates Warning albums sometime in the future and if A Pleasant Shade of Gray is good, then I'll have to pick it up sometime. Right now, I only have Awaken the Guardian and No Exit.

It's a great song/album. It has lots of great transitions and has practically everything you want from Fates Warning. There are some heavier parts to counterract the softer parts, etc. It's fantastic, and I strongly recommend getting it. Also, try to get Disconnected and Parallels.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 21:03:27

At 11/14/09 06:46 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote: Killswitch Engage is pretty awesome, what the fuck? Too much breakdowns? What is a song with less breakdowns to you? I am the forest heart by Marblebog, which looks like it's the same progression of chords over and over?

Killswitch is full of pussies. They can't make good music because the singer is bald and he has cancer.

Oh, and they're metalcore, so gtfo.

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 21:17:25

At 11/14/09 09:03 PM, mothballs wrote: Killswitch is full of pussies. They can't make good music because the singer is bald and he has cancer.

Killswitch are good.
And Howard would fuck you up. He's a beefy motherfucker.

And Joel has a fucking ace beard.

And Adam is generally hilarious.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 21:43:09

Hey guys. I haven't heard any new good metal songs in a long time. Recommend me something. Preferably melodious power metal. Maybe cheesy of the Kamelot variety.

too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Hell 2009-11-14 22:01:02

At 11/14/09 09:17 PM, Nev wrote:
At 11/14/09 09:03 PM, mothballs wrote: Killswitch is full of pussies. They can't make good music because the singer is bald and he has cancer.
Killswitch are good.
And Howard would fuck you up. He's a beefy motherfucker.

Howard has cancer, lol