00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

neojuge just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,363 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 15:23:02

You need to do up to your first dragon kill in the main questline for dragons to appear in the world

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 15:30:58

At 11/13/11 03:12 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/13/11 02:59 PM, Xarnor wrote: Does anyone know if you can find any dragons without doing the main storyline? I've been exploring a lot and looking for dragons but I can't find any, so I'm guessing that they don't just show up randomly like other creatures.
No, they come randomly. I've seen about 8 and fought 5 of them.

I've also seen Dragons flying around me and not doing anything. I was ready to fight but didn't have any good range attacks to hit it so I was just waiting for it to attack but never did. Kinda wanted to though since I've discovered so many shouts.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 15:42:40

At 11/13/11 03:14 PM, Xarnor wrote:
At 11/13/11 03:12 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/13/11 02:59 PM, Xarnor wrote: Does anyone know if you can find any dragons without doing the main storyline? I've been exploring a lot and looking for dragons but I can't find any, so I'm guessing that they don't just show up randomly like other creatures.
No, they come randomly. I've seen about 8 and fought 5 of them.
So was this in a certain area, or all over the map? Perhaps I have to be a higher level before dragons start showing up. I should really Google it.

They seem to spawn more frequently at higher levels with higher level shouts, but one dragon that attacked me when I was level 6 did almost no damage to me and I took it down in two minutes, but I got attacked at level 14 and he killed me in one shout.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 15:48:44

Picked up a pan, put it on a shopkeepers head. They did nothing. On a side note, my character is looking rather BLUE! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 16:13:23

I think there's like an actual quest in the main story that activates them randomly showing up. I sort of wandered off on my own once the guy told me to join the legion, and I haven't seen any dragons either.
I'm gonna do a few more main story quests so dragons start showing up.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 16:14:59

At 11/13/11 10:34 AM, Makeshift wrote: I can't join the thieves guild because the guy I'm supposed to meet at the Ragged Flagon is stuck in the market where he stands to distract the townsfolk as you do a favour for him. He's stuck there at every time of the day. I guess I'll join them in my next playthrough.

Try waiting or sleeping for an hour. I think doing that makes the game predict where he would be if he followed the right path for a game hour, then puts him there, which should get him unstuck. It usually works for me when people are being retarded.
Or try sprinting and running into him, that knocks them back a little and might also get him unstuck. It doesn't make him mad or anything, he'll just say "Hey watch out" or something, and continue doing whatever.

Totally forgot to include this part in my last post.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 16:24:25

Tried the bucket-on-head method in a Dark Brotherhood quest. Shit worked perfectly.

I felt bad and reloaded, though.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 17:01:16

I was attacked by two dragons at once. In Riverwood.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 17:25:35

I just watched that shitty little town where the thieves guild is based, which is pretty much Bravil get attacked by the damn Imperial army. I was just about to enter, and about 20 Imperials appeared out of nowhere and started killing the guards, who were continuously appearing out of the main gate. I have no idea what happened, but the loot was sick.

Guards won btw. And then told me off for littering AGAIN.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 18:25:53

At 11/12/11 09:25 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/12/11 09:12 AM, kiljoy96 wrote: So how overhyped would you say this game is? I haven't played it, but from what I've seen, I'm severely disappointed in how dumbed down it seems.
"dumbed down"?

I don't understand why it being easier to get into makes it "dumbed down". I don't think the game is overhyped at all. It's severely underhyped because there's still people out there who don't have it.

"Making it easier to get into," in this case, equals, "getting dumbed down". It's true that it's dumbed down a lot, but not to death. They've added things, but they've subtracted much more. This is what is known as, "dumbing down". For real, they're the same thing in my opinion and obviously his as well.

No, I'd say it's over hyped. I mean, by a big margin. I was lead to believe that a lot more things would be in here than there are, just by reading this thread from time to time.

You guys post far too much when you should be playing the game.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 18:57:42

We've not told any lies here, personally I don't see any dumbing down that has made it any worse, the core of the game is still the same.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 19:18:30

At 11/13/11 07:11 PM, Tramps wrote: Rahmemhotep do you ever stop bitching?

When people enjoying something there will always be bitching.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 19:20:22

At 11/13/11 06:25 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You guys post far too much when you should be playing the game.

If you don't post actual arguments instead of vague suggestions that something about the game is bad I'll ban you.

Consider this your only warning/

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 19:58:47

I think Skyrim gets really laggy the longer you have a console on. I've heard that it's due to overheating or some shit. Well, that's ironic. The game you need to play ten or more hours straight has lag issues IF you play ten or more hours straight.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 20:08:37

36 hours played and I'm only level 22, I have a list of about 15 side quests, 20 miscellaneous quests, and I've only done 7 main quests. I had completed every quest in Fallout 3 in only 35 hours.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 20:23:15

Oh yeah, thanks Cole, nudging him with sprint worked.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 20:32:14

Damn it, I can not find a character I am truly happy with. I've played a bit with characters of all 3 main classes and all of them ended up boring me. I can't make ANOTHER new character can I? I love you Skyrim, but you're frustrating me right now. This is actually the same thing I did with Oblivion, I went through plenty of characters before finding one I truly loved and stuck with. It just makes the entire weekend feel like a waste of time if I start over again. Quality over quantity I suppose.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 20:32:46

Neighbors thought Skyrim had ugly graphics and compared it to Modern Warfare 3. Showed them this on my PC and they were quiet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 21:32:40

Are there any negatives to being a werewolf?

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 21:38:34

At 11/13/11 08:41 PM, Cootie wrote: I don't like mages being able to wear heavy armor and enchant it and have their spells not effected. I mean damn, what is the point in using smithing to improve your armor if you can fucking enchant it. I get wanting people to play their own way, but you should have consequences and pros to cons on certain actions.

For one, it's 'affected'. Secondly, can't you smith to improve it then enchant it having two benefits? I don't know much about enchanting, but from what I've seen, all the enchants are beneficial for magical characters only.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 21:38:57

At 11/13/11 08:32 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Neighbors thought Skyrim had ugly graphics and compared it to Modern Warfare 3. Showed them this on my PC and they were quiet.

You should of showed them the Aurora Borealis. Now that's gorgeous.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 22:51:33

so any one deep into smithing? so far i can craft dwarven and im loving the skill, plus with my sword and sheild attacking im hella armored, but i want to know, can you get dendric instead of dadric? idk if you can get both or is just dadric in the game? anyone care to help me? also what is true silver and moon whatever used in? are there rare recipes for smithing?

come back! and i will bite your knees off!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-13 23:00:50

I randomly stumbled onto a dead bandit in the woods today who had left his horse without an owner. Yeah, that's right. Free horse.

Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 03:26:47

Why are dragon priest more powerful then a dragon? I killed a dragon in like 8 mins then a priest appeared and about 30 mins into the battle with it I die.... fucking gay as hell.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 04:53:10

Gaiz I'm a werewolf, but I'm in my human form. I can't use first
person camera. Is this normal. I'm doing the quest inwhich you become a werewolf BTW.

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 05:04:01

I kinda want to get this game. How welcoming is the gameplay to someone who's never played the series? I don't want to get it and be absolutely lost and die every 5 minutes.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 05:10:20

At 11/14/11 05:04 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: I kinda want to get this game. How welcoming is the gameplay to someone who's never played the series? I don't want to get it and be absolutely lost and die every 5 minutes.

I wouldn't say that the "tutorial" for this game was as good as Oblivions. It outlines a few basic things, but it doesn't explain how a lot of stuff works. Even so, it's generally not all that hard to work out. I'm sure the instruction manual will tell you most of what you need to know, although I still haven't referenced it yet.

I find myself dying a lot more than I did on Oblivion as well, but if things get too challenging for you, you can always lower the difficulty.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 05:40:42

At 11/14/11 04:53 AM, ModernPatriot wrote: Gaiz I'm a werewolf, but I'm in my human form. I can't use first
person camera. Is this normal. I'm doing the quest inwhich you become a werewolf BTW.

NVM gaiz. It fixed itself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 06:23:15

At 11/14/11 05:04 AM, Corpus-Delicti wrote: I kinda want to get this game. How welcoming is the gameplay to someone who's never played the series? I don't want to get it and be absolutely lost and die every 5 minutes.

It's fairly simple you shouldn't have a problem

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 07:27:27

At 11/13/11 09:38 PM, letiger wrote: from what I've seen, all the enchants are beneficial for magical characters only.

Not true at all, I've got enchantments to improve sneaking, pickpocketing, and lockpicking on my armor.
My Blade of Woe steals health when I attack with it, but I don't really keep it charged much.
I have the ability to enchant my armor to improve all kinds of other skills, but I don't use most of them since I'm mainly sneaky.
Maxes out sneak plus the 15x backstab damage perk plus a double backstab damage enchantment on my gloves = one hit sneak kill on motherfucking everything.
I've only run into one enemy that didn't die on the first attack.

Also, I'm having a lot of fun with the push shout. I love luring a bandit to the edge of a cliff then shouting him over the edge. Also it's very useful when running from snow sabre cats and shit.