00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

370,325 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 10:11:28

At 8/31/11 03:19 AM, Jolly wrote:
Some of you may also be interested to know that gay marriage is confirmed.

Cole can we marry our characters?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 11:34:54

At 8/31/11 10:11 AM, Snuff wrote: Cole can we marry our characters?

If only.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 12:01:12

At 8/31/11 03:19 AM, Jolly wrote: stuff

sweet...baby......Jesus

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 12:24:03

At 8/31/11 03:19 AM, Jolly wrote: -For the first time since Daggerfall, children will be included in the game.

I'd rather have no children if I can't kill them

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 13:18:23

You know what Skyrim needs that's been missing in every Bethesda game I've played so far? A minimap. I hate having to check the map to see how close I am to my destination every ten seconds.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 13:20:56

At 8/31/11 01:18 PM, POTaTOS wrote: You know what Skyrim needs that's been missing in every Bethesda game I've played so far? A minimap. I hate having to check the map to see how close I am to my destination every ten seconds.

No, it doesn't. I like how there's barely a HUD. You have the marker on your compass bar so you know the direction, why do you need to know how long it's going to take to get there? Sometimes I'd like it to take a long time to get to places so I can explore new things on my way there.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 14:27:18

At 8/31/11 01:20 PM, Makeshift wrote:
No, it doesn't. I like how there's barely a HUD. You have the marker on your compass bar so you know the direction, why do you need to know how long it's going to take to get there? Sometimes I'd like it to take a long time to get to places so I can explore new things on my way there.

This. I also used to (and still do on Fallout), go sideways to see how quickly the Compass Marker moved, if it moved slowly you knew you were far away, and if it moved quickly you knew you were close by. It's not hard.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 19:12:54

At 8/31/11 01:18 PM, POTaTOS wrote: You know what Skyrim needs that's been missing in every Bethesda game I've played so far? A minimap. I hate having to check the map to see how close I am to my destination every ten seconds.

That's a terrible idea. The compass and fast travel ruins the adventure already. In Oblivion, and hopefully it's removed in Skyrim, it tells you if you're near a location whether you've already discovered it or not.

And anyways, are you really that impatient? I never checked the map whenever I was going somewhere, I just kept going until I was eventually there.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 19:19:44

Morrowind had a mini map, clearly seen here in the bottom right corner

They moved away from that to try for a more immersive experience.

Snipers get more head

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 20:27:39

Skill names and descriptions:
1. Destruction - The School of Destruction involves the harnessing the energies of fire, frost and shock. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fireball, Ice Spike, and Lightning Bolt.
2. Restoration - The School of Restoration involves control over life forces. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Healing, Turn Undead, and magical Wards.
3. Alteration - The School of Alteration involves the manipulation of the physical world and its natural properties. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Waterbreathing, magical protection, and Paralysis.
4. Enchanting - The more powerful the enchanter, the stronger the magic he can bind to his weapons and armor.
5. Smithing - The art of creating weapons and armor from raw materials, or improving non-magical weapons and armor.
6. Heavy Armor - Those trained to use Heavy Armor make more effective use of Iron, Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and Daedric armors.
7. Block - The art of blocking an enemy's blows with a shield or weapon. Blocking reduces the damage and staggering from physical attacks.
8. Two-Handed - The art of combat using two-handed weapons such as greatswords, battle axes, and warhammers. Those trained in this skill deliver deadlier blows.
9. One-Handed - The art of combat using one-handed weapons, such as daggers, swords, maces and war axes. Those trained in this skill deliver deadlier blows.
10. Archery - An Archer is trained in the use of bows and arrows. The greater the skill, the more deadly the shot.
11. Light Armor - Those trained to use Light Armor make more effective use of Hide, Leather, Elven, and Glass armors.
12. Sneak - Sneaking is the art of moving unseen and unheard. Highly skilled sneaks can even hide in plain sight.
13. Lockpicking - The art of Lockpicking is used to open locked doors and containers faster and with fewer broken lockpicks.
14. Pickpocket - The stealthy art of picking an unsuspecting target's pockets. A skilled pickpocket is less likely to be caught and is more likely to find valuables.
15. Speech - The skill of persuasion can be used to get better prices from merchants, and persuade others to do as you ask.
16. Alchemy - An alchemist can create magical potions and deadly poisons.
17. Illusion - The School of Illusion involves manipulating the mind of the enemy. This skill makes it easier to cast spells like Fear, Charm and Invisibility.
18. Conjuration - The School of Conjuration governs raising the dead on summoning creations from Oblivion. This skill makes it easier to cast these spells as well as Soul Trap and bindings.
Source: 11 minutes and 45 seconds into this video.

So sneaking and pick pocketing are separate skills now. I wonder if you'll still get experience in pick pocketing if you're caught... On Oblivion I use to power train stealth my pick pocketing the thieves guild recruitment guy over and over again.

Also, Daggerfall turned 15 today. You can download it for free here. (Legally, of couse)

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-08-31 22:52:36

I hope they bring back levitation from Morrowind. and maybe the wall climbing mechanic from Daggerfall.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 08:35:36

Nothing there really bothers me. I'm hoping the Smithing Skill is actually interesting and enjoyable to do, I'd like to spend a lot of time smithing, providing it isn't boring as hell.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 08:38:31

At 8/26/11 05:48 PM, Snuff wrote: I'm not going to be coming back to this thread until release day.

But yeah, later guys.

Goddamn it

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 09:06:05

At 9/1/11 08:38 AM, Makeshift wrote:
Goddamn it

Shut up, I wanted the 1,000th post.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 09:41:07

At 9/1/11 09:06 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 9/1/11 08:38 AM, Makeshift wrote:
Goddamn it
Shut up, I wanted the 1,000th post.

If you wanted the 1,000th post why didn't you wait until there were 999 post in this thread rather than 998?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 09:42:57

Wouldn't pick-pocketing and sneak essentially be the same skill?

Well, that's good to hear. New magic skill sounds cool. Smithing sounds awesome. And I HOPE persuading isn't as boring and relatively pointless as it was in Oblivion.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 09:49:06

At 9/1/11 09:42 AM, POTaTOS wrote: Wouldn't pick-pocketing and sneak essentially be the same skill?

Well, that's good to hear. New magic skill sounds cool. Smithing sounds awesome. And I HOPE persuading isn't as boring and relatively pointless as it was in Oblivion.

I don't think they would be. Just because you can get around quietly doesn't mean you can stick your hand into somebodies pockets, steal coins/keys/etc without them knowing it. I'd rather them be the same skill though, honestly. I don't want to constantly walk around in crouch mode just to train the sneak skill.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 09:57:17

At 9/1/11 09:49 AM, Jolly wrote: I don't want to constantly walk around in crouch mode just to train the sneak skill.

I'd always just rubber-band in a corner behind an NPC for that.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 11:29:50

70 more days

I have to stop pumping myself up already

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 16:13:37

Collector's guide announced

Approximately 600 pages. Christ...

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 16:21:15

At 9/1/11 04:13 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Collector's guide announced

Who's stupid enough to buy that shit?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 16:35:20

At 9/1/11 04:21 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 9/1/11 04:13 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Collector's guide announced
Who's stupid enough to buy that shit?

I know I will...

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 17:10:11

Nuff said

Bully: Gimme all yo munny!

Me: Nice sock

Bully: Huh? *looks down*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 17:23:00

At 9/1/11 05:17 PM, Cootie wrote: Or you could just...

I'm not buying it to get advice you silly.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 17:36:22

This should be included in the Collector's Edition in my opinion.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 17:49:04

At 9/1/11 05:36 PM, Snuff wrote: This should be included in the Collector's Edition in my opinion.

Did you actually get your dad to pre-order the collectors edition for you?

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 18:07:51

At 9/1/11 05:49 PM, Dean wrote:
At 9/1/11 05:36 PM, Snuff wrote: This should be included in the Collector's Edition in my opinion.
Did you actually get your dad to pre-order the collectors edition for you?

Indeed I did. He also gave me £160 in cash today.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 18:09:08

At 9/1/11 06:07 PM, Snuff wrote: Indeed I did. He also gave me £160 in cash today.

Yea, I recall commenting on that earlier. You are one lucky guy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 18:17:41

At 9/1/11 06:09 PM, Dean wrote:
At 9/1/11 06:07 PM, Snuff wrote: Indeed I did. He also gave me £160 in cash today.
Yea, I recall commenting on that earlier. You are one lucky guy.

I still have more money what up

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-09-01 18:39:40

At 9/1/11 06:17 PM, Makeshift wrote: I still have more money what up

I am just a poor Scottish student with barley enough money to buy 2 Xbox games at regular retail retail price. I also probably have uni books to buy although I'm going to try and avoid that. As long as I can get Skyrim on release I'll be quite happy. I don't even have it on pre-order yet D:

BBS Signature