00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

horndogg60 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

369,619 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 07:52:56

I haven't been on for a few days so I don't know if this was already addressed but, did anyone else preorder the game and just get some lame textured paper map or did I just get screwed over on the preorder bonus?

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 07:58:12

Yes, everyone who preordered got that textured map. I quite like it myself

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 08:20:50

I've played for it for a few hours so far. The most I've done is retrieving the golden claw in Bleak Falls Barrow. I did stop last night at the second dragon encounter so when I get back to it (Friday if I can hold myself until then), I have something big to take care of right away. It's hard to give a verdict so far so I won't input my thoughts until I've played enough but at least I'm having a lot of fun right now.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 08:48:05

Bleak Falls Barrow qas quit nice. Hell, all the dungeons are quite nice. What I love is how what I found in there helped me with some quest in Whitecastle or whatever it was called. I've put 25 hours into it so far, and the most fucked up thing I saw was two dragons attacking Riverwood at once, killing someone from whom I had a quest. It failed, obviously.

For those of you who have completed the main quest:

How far along are you in the main quest after you defeat the big-bad guy the first time and he runs away?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 10:20:27

Oh man, I just experienced a pretty awesome moment, Not sure if it was scripted or not though (I'm hoping it wasn't.) Anyway, spoilers below:

I've been doing the College of Winterwood quest line, and I just finished hauling my ass back from those Dwarven ruins that the Synid were in, Right after we took down Ancano's barrier, and he blasted the Arch-mage right the fuck away, I went outside to look for him, and as I found him, I looked up to top right, on the roof of the college an ice dragon landed. The music kicked in at just the right moment, and me and the other member's of the college fought that thing, it was pretty awesome. Mainly because I think it was just a random fucking dragon. Or at least I hope so.

I love this game.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 11:13:50

At 11/14/11 03:26 AM, Anti-pie wrote: Why are dragon priest more powerful then a dragon? I killed a dragon in like 8 mins then a priest appeared and about 30 mins into the battle with it I die.... fucking gay as hell.

No, it's fucking awesome. It would totally suck if we could easily kill every enemy in the game.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 11:46:23

So I bought Sykrim.. I haven't played it yet as Harry Potter 7.2 was on sale and I haven't played that yet. So I'm putting my crippling HP obsession first and getting this awful game over with.

I hope the sales bloke thought I was a right weirdo buying these two games together.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 12:09:44

At 11/14/11 07:58 AM, iMini wrote: Yes, everyone who preordered got that textured map. I quite like it myself

It's alright but I was expecting an actual cloth material not just textured paper.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 12:09:49

this game has consumed my life.

Like us at: Facebook | Download at: Bandcamp | Watch us at: Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 12:24:35

They seem to spawn more frequently at higher levels with higher level shouts, but one dragon that attacked me when I was level 6 did almost no damage to me and I took it down in two minutes, but I got attacked at level 14 and he killed me in one shout.

I was melting dragons at lvl 10 with my warrior 2h guy but a "blood dragon" found me and totally raped me >.>;; Those fuckers are TOUGH

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 12:43:38

At 11/14/11 11:13 AM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 11/14/11 03:26 AM, Anti-pie wrote: Why are dragon priest more powerful then a dragon? I killed a dragon in like 8 mins then a priest appeared and about 30 mins into the battle with it I die.... fucking gay as hell.
No, it's fucking awesome. It would totally suck if we could easily kill every enemy in the game.

That wasn't my point you twit. The fact that you thought that's what I was trying to say makes you stupid. I was trying to say that it's ironic that a priest would be more powerful than the thing it worships. But since it turns out the priest I was fighting was a very strong priest and I shouldn't have bothered with him yet.

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 12:48:10

At 11/14/11 12:43 PM, Anti-pie wrote: That wasn't my point you twit. The fact that you thought that's what I was trying to say makes you stupid.

Wow, you have some serious problems. It seems you get too pent up about people saying things on an internet forum. Have a little nap, see if when you wake up you'll be able to quell your insecurities about life.

Anywho, where would I be able to procure black soul gems?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 12:49:42

I sure hope you guys got the Fists of Steel perk as soon as you could and are now punching your way through the game as we speak.

I know that's what I did!

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 13:45:41

How do you join the companions? I can't find any trace of them anywhere and I don't want to look up a walkthrough(if there even is any yet). I wouldn't even know they existed if not for the achievement.

Does anyone else think gold has become kind of worthless? The rewards to 90% of quests is just damn gold and you find really expensive armor to sell all over the place. I wouldn't mind, but none of the shops ever have anything worth buying since you can find good armor easily. Oblivion had worthwhile rewards like unique weapons, armor and companions in the guild quests at least. I got just about fuck all in the entire Dark Brotherhood questline.

Also it's kind of silly how you can just pay 1000 gold after killing anyone and get away with it and there's no difference between killing a hobo and killing a major political figure. Maybe Oblivion had the same system, but I'm sure I would have remembered. It felt more than a little odd when I (spoiler alert) assassinated the Emperor's sister, threw some cash at the nearest guard and then just marched out of there without anyone giving a fuck.

Great game though. Can't remember the last time I logged 26 hours in two days.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 13:52:50

Okay, so I keep hearing perople say how dragon fight are super easy. To the people who claim so, what difficulty are you playing on and what level are you? The fight are very long and difficult on Master difficulty with a level 12 or 13 character.

At 11/14/11 01:45 PM, Jackho wrote: How do you join the companions? I can't find any trace of them anywhere and I don't want to look up a walkthrough(if there even is any yet). I wouldn't even know they existed if not for the achievement.

The overturned boat building in Whiterun is their HQ.

Does anyone else think gold has become kind of worthless? The rewards to 90% of quests is just damn gold and you find really expensive armor to sell all over the place. I wouldn't mind, but none of the shops ever have anything worth buying since you can find good armor easily. Oblivion had worthwhile rewards like unique weapons, armor and companions in the guild quests at least. I got just about fuck all in the entire Dark Brotherhood questline.

Yeah, you get really rich really quickly in this one and you don't have anywhere to put the money.

Also it's kind of silly how you can just pay 1000 gold after killing anyone and get away with it and there's no difference between killing a hobo and killing a major political figure. Maybe Oblivion had the same system, but I'm sure I would have remembered. It felt more than a little odd when I (spoiler alert) assassinated the Emperor's sister, threw some cash at the nearest guard and then just marched out of there without anyone giving a fuck.

Oblivion was the same, I think. But it is indeed stupid as fuck.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 14:43:17

Just realised you can activate traps with your bow, awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 15:09:37

At 11/14/11 12:48 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Wow, you have some serious problems. It seems you get too pent up about people saying things on an internet forum. Have a little nap, see if when you wake up you'll be able to quell your insecurities about life.

The only problem I have are the idiots in this world....

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it.

Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 15:19:55

At 11/14/11 03:09 PM, Anti-pie wrote: The only problem I have are the idiots in this world....

This is the last time I pursue this conversation. Your quick assumptions tell me all I need to know.

Enchanting Is really easy to build up. 1 item pretty much = 1 level.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 15:21:55

R.I.P Lydia. She died doing what she loved, being a meat shield for me. A dragon lord got her.

Anybody got a wife yet?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 15:33:36

At 11/14/11 03:21 PM, Dromedary wrote: R.I.P Lydia. She died doing what she loved, being a meat shield for me. A dragon lord got her.

Anybody got a wife yet?

Was it Krosis? He was the one that mercilessly raped her :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 16:05:27

At 11/12/11 06:53 PM, phrozonfire wrote: It is incredibly unlikely you will be able to kill ANY of them though.
They are by FAR the most difficult enemies in the game. Well, Krosis is..

Iv heard other people say this... I dont know if its because im level 15 but i went up to shearpoint killed the dragon then killed him on my first try.. I use 2 handers as a nord and a bow.

Was an epic fight though and my hardest yet.. i also had Lydia helping me she survived with me from like level 4-15 and died like a hero vs that guy...

The mask is pretty cool.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 16:27:10

I just bought this epic game. I recommend it to everyone. Buy it and support Bethesda! :D

Heya

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 16:39:11

At 11/14/11 03:33 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 11/14/11 03:21 PM, Dromedary wrote: R.I.P Lydia. She died doing what she loved, being a meat shield for me. A dragon lord got her.

Anybody got a wife yet?
Was it Krosis? He was the one that mercilessly raped her :(

No, me and her dominated his anus together. It was another one, when we were retrieving a scroll. She died and landed in his coffin, which I thought was sadly amazing. But yeah I beat some woman in a pub up, and she was all "yo dope you kicked the shit out of me we can be followers."

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 17:03:55

At 11/14/11 04:43 PM, Cootie wrote: I want my character to have sex with every woman.

Beat all the shit out of them

ALSO, YES, I AM GETTING THE GAME FROM DAY TO DAY

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 17:05:12

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 17:40:10

At 11/14/11 05:05 PM, Cap-Alvez wrote: "My boyfriend is addicted to skyrim?"
http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind ex?qid=20111113003001AAyQymI

She's an awesome idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 17:50:19

At 11/14/11 05:40 PM, letiger wrote:
At 11/14/11 05:05 PM, Cap-Alvez wrote: "My boyfriend is addicted to skyrim?"
http://nz.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind ex?qid=20111113003001AAyQymI
She's an awesome idiot.

Hey, which one of you wrote this?

ok so yesterday I got Skyrim, a game I've been waiting years for. I've got stuck right into it. Usually if I get a game I would just play it for one or two hours then get bored of it but I've been playing this thing for at least nine hours straight now. the only thing that makes me get up from the computer is to go to the bathroom I don't even bother to get food and my girlfriend was scared that I would starve so she ordered me some **** anchovie pizza and I just ate it by the computer while pretending to like it and playing some more Skyrim.

Then she nagged at me to stop, I didn't listen, when she went to bed she was nagging , I didn't listen. when she woke up she was still nagging I still didn't listen. Usually she likes sex at least twice a day but I wont leave the computer even to pander to her insecurity complex where she needs constant praise and attention. I still got her to give me a bj, I shot right in her mouth (she swallows) and the whole time I was still on the computer. I'm so worried about her what if she does something crazy like pull the computers plug out or smash it up?

I don't want to have to deal with disposing of her corpse while I have Skyrim to explore, it takes alot of work to cut up a body and clean up the evidence, well it was with the last one! At least the local pig farm is close by so I could feed them whatever is left of her minced up carcass.....but I digress.

I wish she would just let me play this game, its not going to last forever. A game like this only comes along every few years, why is she so selfish?

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 17:55:24

LOL, her boyfriend of course

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 18:04:00

waifus

AMK.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2011-11-14 18:39:28

I just read this on Kotaku.

"So, you're an Argonian mage?" asked the
Redguard, curious about the new prisoner
before him.
Ignius Thrinn nodded. "Aye."
"And you're versed in the destructive arts,
specifically... frost spells?" A smile crept
into the corners of his mouth.
The large reptilian winced. He knew
where this was going. ".. .Don't. "
The gears had begun to turn.
"You're a wizard... a lizard, who's a
wizard..."
"Please, don't." Thrinn pleaded. "I beg of
you."
His protest fell on deaf ears.
"... A blizzard wizard lizard!"
It had been said, as it had been said by
smartarses in every town and tavern
Thrinn had ever visited. The camp erupted
into laughter, guard and prisoner alike.
All the Argonian could do now was hope
that the executioner worked in
alphabetical race order.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature