New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-05 20:02:32 Reply

Anyone know how to become a werebear or if it's even possible?

Also, I'm pissed about the lack of spears.

ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-05 21:58:21 Reply

At 12/5/12 08:02 PM, Shade wrote: Anyone know how to become a werebear or if it's even possible?

Also, I'm pissed about the lack of spears.

Nah they are in the game but their meant for the rieklings.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-06 04:05:51 Reply

At 12/5/12 09:26 AM, Mismo wrote: Amazing happened. I was replaying the quest "Escape Cidhna Mine" whereas this I decide to go with the "Kill every fucking prisoner" approach. So while I was slashing away like fucking crazy with my shiv and having the healing spell at the ready suddenly I chop a guys head off.

Naturally it always amazing when this happen, and you always feel badass when you do it. But what really made more amazing this time is that I decapitated the guy with a fucking shiv.

I know the decapitation perk apply to most weapons, but how is it even possible to do it with a shiv?

There are some weird ass things I see happen in Skyrim in terms of the special cut scene attacks. Some times a one-hit kill arrow will go into cut-scene mode and miss the target. Some times my weapon misses the target XD.

One time the decapitation animation registered against a guard in Whiterun, but my Axe somehow missed his head during the cutscene and chipped off a tiny sliver of armor from his shoulder blade. I literally watched this tiny little armor shaving be blown away by the wind like a leaf after the animation finished.

HOW the hell that happens, I don't know. But I think ithints that when the decapitation animation registers, the target becomes much more dynamic in terms of what can damaged dynamically. My guess is that certain things in the code can be unlocked so that the targets are ALWAYS dynamic, so that you could normal-attack anyone with a sword and cut off feat, limbs, heads, body armor, etc, because it is obvious that the animations are using actual in game physics telling by how the animations sometimes "miss" the target. I would like to see a mod like this if it doesn't exist.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-08 04:47:38 Reply

I'm really enjoying Dragonborn. I got to the temple and literally as the words saying that I discovered it popped up my game froze so I called it a night. So far I've done 2 of the Black Book levels, which are so cool, although the Lurkers and Seekers scare the fuck out of me. And I also fought a Serpentine Dragon. Well, I say that, it was more like a battle. Me and that guy in Chichin armor, all the Draugr in the place the dragon spawns, and then I called in that dragon from the Soul Cairn. It was pretty fun.

I've been playing on Master difficulty too, but seeing as I'm level 75 it's less a case of difficulty and more a case of how long enemies take to die. It feels weird when my Dragon Bone Bow with me fully perked out in archery and with a shit load of archery boosts in my enchanted Dragon Scale Armor, takes like 20 arrows to a Bandit Chief or whatever, so I put it down to Expert and it seems a bit better. I don't want to feel like I'm making it too easy for myself though.

But yeah Dragonborn is reli gd

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-09 10:32:01 Reply

So I just found Bristleback Cave.

If anybody else finds themselves outside it, make sure you're prepared for a long fight. That's all I'll say.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-10 19:09:05 Reply

When you think about it, Skyrim is pretty much one big metal music video.

My reasoning:

-It's populated by guys with long hair and beards who drink a lot
-Fucking dragons
-You can kill a man by shouting at him
-It has a sprawling and epic story
-It has demons (Daedra)
-The draugr are reminiscent of Iron Maiden's Eddie

Agree disagree?

WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-13 17:23:19 Reply

At 12/8/12 04:47 AM, Snuff wrote: It feels weird when my Dragon Bone Bow with me fully perked out in archery and with a shit load of archery boosts in my enchanted Dragon Scale Armor, takes like 20 arrows to a Bandit Chief or whatever, so I put it down to Expert and it seems a bit better. I don't want to feel like I'm making it too easy for myself though.

But yeah Dragonborn is reli gd

What is the damage of your bow? I'm using the Enchanted Dwarven Crossbow from Dawnguard and I have it up to around 1500+ damage with my various perks and enchanted gear. if I become a Vampire it's like 3,000+ damage.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-13 22:32:12 Reply

I'm replaying the Dawnguard storyline right now and for some reason my wife just fucking disappeared.

Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-13 23:11:27 Reply

At 12/13/12 10:32 PM, Shade wrote: I'm replaying the Dawnguard storyline right now and for some reason my wife just fucking disappeared.

Hahaha! I'm sorry but for some reason I find that hilarious...

Anyway, do you have Hearthfire installed?

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-14 05:35:59 Reply

At 12/13/12 05:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
What is the damage of your bow? I'm using the Enchanted Dwarven Crossbow from Dawnguard and I have it up to around 1500+ damage with my various perks and enchanted gear. if I become a Vampire it's like 3,000+ damage.

Well see, now I feel useless. I think it does like 180. How on Earth do you get the damage that high?

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-16 14:32:54 Reply

At 12/13/12 11:11 PM, Neon-Bard wrote:
At 12/13/12 10:32 PM, Shade wrote: I'm replaying the Dawnguard storyline right now and for some reason my wife just fucking disappeared.
Hahaha! I'm sorry but for some reason I find that hilarious...

Anyway, do you have Hearthfire installed?

Yes, I do. I haven't gotten around to building any houses with my current character at this moment, but I have with others.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-16 18:44:31 Reply

At 12/14/12 05:35 AM, Snuff wrote:
Well see, now I feel useless. I think it does like 180. How on Earth do you get the damage that high?

Make a shitload of improve smithing potions and gear and wear it while you make the bow. Then go enchant the bows damage after wearing awesome enchantment gear and drinking enchantment potions. Combine this with 100 archery skills and all the perks... and boom.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-17 08:14:02 Reply

does anyone know hook to use enb? I downloaded it, and put the files in the directory, and its not working properly. Ill try to catch it in traps, but ill do my best to explain it for know: everytime I start skyrim, it starts fine. But when I load a save game, the lighting is waaaaay off. The sun glare is visible from anywhere outside (ie: behind buildings/walls, in nonloaded houses) and the sun itself is nowhere to be found. I even installed an enb setup....still did not work. Im thinking of deleting everything, and starting afresh.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-17 17:22:12 Reply

Loving Dragonborn DLC for the XBOX. Last night I enchanted a sword with a total of 90 points of fire damage, but only at night. 45 damage fire enchantment, and 45 silent moon camp or whatever fire damage, which only works at night.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-17 18:52:24 Reply

At 12/17/12 08:14 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote: does anyone know hook to use enb? I downloaded it, and put the files in the directory, and its not working properly.

It depends on what enb the author requires you to use. The author usually describes what version of the enb you need to use.

Ill try to catch it in traps, but ill do my best to explain it for know: everytime I start skyrim, it starts fine.
Does it say some ENB information on the upper left hand corner? It should be doing that everytime.

But when I load a save game, the lighting is waaaaay off.
*Disregard secondcomment.

The sun glare is visible from anywhere outside (ie: behind buildings/walls, in nonloaded houses) and the sun itself is nowhere to be found. I even installed an enb setup....still did not work. Im thinking of deleting everything, and starting afresh.
Do you have a list of mods that you'd be willing to post? Mods that affect weather and lighting tend to cause this. Also, you should probably list your pc specs.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-17 22:53:39 Reply

At 12/17/12 06:52 PM, mrpwnzer wrote: Do you have a list of mods that you'd be willing to post? Mods that affect weather and lighting tend to cause this. Also, you should probably list your pc specs.

Yeah, but I am currently away from my computer. I can post specs though:

ASUS G75vw gaming laptop

i7-3610qm (marks just under 7,600 in passmark)
GTX 660m 2gb (2,390 in 3d/futuremark which is only 200 less than the GTX 650 card xD
8gb ram (1600mhz ddr3)

Yeah, its a laptop, but the only true drawback I have found is that it's hard drive only spins at 5400rpm.
Even though the GPU only has 384 cuda cores, the thing is peppy with a clock above 800mhz. Although, I wanna see if I can close in on 900.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-17 23:10:20 Reply

At 12/17/12 10:53 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote: Even though the GPU only has 384 cuda cores, the thing is peppy with a clock above 800mhz. Although, I wanna see if I can close in on 900.

Whoopsies. Stock turbo is 950mhz. Apparently this thing is stable at around 1070mhz!

Woohoo +120 on a lappy GPU. It seems I can also take the mem to +350

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 07:56:18 Reply

At 12/17/12 11:10 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote:
At 12/17/12 10:53 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote: Even though the GPU only has 384 cuda cores, the thing is peppy with a clock above 800mhz. Although, I wanna see if I can close in on 900.
Whoopsies. Stock turbo is 950mhz. Apparently this thing is stable at around 1070mhz!

Woohoo +120 on a lappy GPU. It seems I can also take the mem to +350

Just downloaded evga precision x. Ill do a side-by-side comparison with Crysis 2 in FRAPS. Would be like a 3-10 fps difference.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 09:01:32 Reply

The game wont work when ever I set the texture quality higher than medium setting. It just crashes to desktop when ever I finish loading a game.

And the game has a lot of graphical spikes, like weird blue and yellow flashes from time to time.

i'm on the PC by the way.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
LulzCal
LulzCal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 09:09:58 Reply

At 12/19/12 09:01 AM, MrPercie wrote: The game wont work when ever I set the texture quality higher than medium setting. It just crashes to desktop when ever I finish loading a game.

And the game has a lot of graphical spikes, like weird blue and yellow flashes from time to time.

i'm on the PC by the way.

What are you specs?

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 16:05:18 Reply

At 12/19/12 09:09 AM, LulzCal wrote:
At 12/19/12 09:01 AM, MrPercie wrote: The game wont work when ever I set the texture quality higher than medium setting. It just crashes to desktop when ever I finish loading a game.

What are you specs?

It could be a driver error...

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-24 13:37:26 Reply

I fixed the problem, I disabled the Higher texture DLC.

I also fixed the graphical spikes or screen tearing by updating my graphics drivers to the latest one.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-28 21:41:23 Reply

I should've screwed around with alchemy sooner. Now I know how to be a total, utter, complete bastard to enemy wizards.

If only it lasted for more than 2 hits each... But then again, each hit means I'll be watching one of them flail hopelessly at me for 15 minutes straight, so it's fucking funny to do regardless. XD

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-03 13:37:08 Reply

Okay, I just glitched the fuck out of my game beyond any means of saving it. I fell off the bridge at the College of Winterhold and, like an idiot, saved my game just before I hit the ground. (and I have no previous saves to revert back to!) :D
I did have a little fun with it, though. I pressed start then hit the "show on map" on the quest subscreen just after I died, which allowed my corpse to fast travel. My lifeless corpse eventually appeared in Morthal where a dragon happened to be attacking. Hilarity ensued.

Anyway, off to start a new game now. (My character was level 53) ;_;

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-03 17:22:16 Reply

At 12/28/12 09:41 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I should've screwed around with alchemy sooner. Now I know how to be a total, utter, complete bastard to enemy wizards.

If only it lasted for more than 2 hits each... But then again, each hit means I'll be watching one of them flail hopelessly at me for 15 minutes straight, so it's fucking funny to do regardless. XD

Yeah. Someone warned me not to spend too many perk points on Alchemy in the beginning, because the skills become overpowered very quickly (like with Smithing and Enchanting).

At 1/3/13 01:37 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Okay, I just glitched the fuck out of my game beyond any means of saving it. I fell off the bridge at the College of Winterhold and, like an idiot, saved my game just before I hit the ground. (and I have no previous saves to revert back to!) :D

Don't you have any auto-saves or did you toggle that off?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-03 19:11:49 Reply

At 1/3/13 05:22 PM, Auz wrote: Don't you have any auto-saves or did you toggle that off?

I'm pretty good about saving manually, especially since my Xbox likes to freeze occasionally. I had it switched off just to speed things up a bit.
I don't mind too much, though. The game's so awesome, it'll be nice to play through it all again. I had nearly all the books collected in my library at one of my Hearthfire houses -that's the only thing that I really hated losing. >.<

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 02:30:02 Reply

Well just beat the game for the first time today. Took 122 hours to do it. Got to level 81 and maxed every skill out at 100. And used the manual save over 600 times during the entire playthrough.

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 06:14:16 Reply

At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Well just beat the game for the first time today. Took 122 hours to do it. Got to level 81 and maxed every skill out at 100.

Can you level up that quickly in Skyrim? Or did you just grind a lot and made use of trainers?

I know it's definitely waaay faster than Oblivion and I'm sure it's also faster than Morrowind. However, I thought it would get insanely slow after level 50 or so.

And used the manual save over 600 times during the entire playthrough.

Lol. I'm only 41 hours in and I'm already at 420 saves or so. The thing is, I play as a mage character dressed in robes so I die fairly often from random bears and guys with overpowered great swords. Therefore, I save like every 5 minutes.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 06:19:30 Reply

At 1/10/13 06:14 AM, Auz wrote: Lol. I'm only 41 hours in and I'm already at 420 saves or so. The thing is, I play as a mage character dressed in robes so I die fairly often from random bears and guys with overpowered great swords. Therefore, I save like every 5 minutes.

I'm sure you already do this but I'm going to state obvious. Use magic armor (such as oakflesh) a LOT.

Also a tip for all mages (although you might already know) get hold of the spell telekineses and use that a lot. Really fast and good way to level up fast in alternation.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 06:41:05 Reply

At 1/10/13 06:19 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 1/10/13 06:14 AM, Auz wrote: Lol. I'm only 41 hours in and I'm already at 420 saves or so. The thing is, I play as a mage character dressed in robes so I die fairly often from random bears and guys with overpowered great swords. Therefore, I save like every 5 minutes.
I'm sure you already do this but I'm going to state obvious. Use magic armor (such as oakflesh) a LOT.

I do use such spells when I really need them, but ultimately I want to go for using (enchanted) Light Armour rather than robes because that's probably the more convenient way to go and I won't have to waste precious perk points on the Mage Armour perk.

Also a tip for all mages (although you might already know) get hold of the spell telekineses and use that a lot. Really fast and good way to level up fast in alternation.

I didn't know that, but I don't want to level up too fast. I'll keep it in mind though if I ever want to get Alteration up.

BBS Signature