Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:26 AM Reply

At 12/1/12 03:14 PM, Mismo wrote:
At 12/1/12 09:28 AM, Pixar9000 wrote: I've Never Played It But I Found A Very Funny Parody From Machinama:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPllpzxmM5k
I love Gamer Poop.

We'll bang okay?

I must have watched the Skyrim gamer poops a hundred times over by now and I still can't get enough. Anyone else rip and crop the audio from #6 and now have a track called "Jarl Ballin'" on their iPod? :P

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
Pixar9000
Pixar9000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 12:09 PM Reply

Oh and yeah im typing this on the xbox 360

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 04:58 AM, Austerity wrote: I remember bothering Bethesda on their forums to make Oblivion an online game while they were making it. Now finally they are doing it with Elder Scrolls online, lets hope it turns out well.

I don't think that Bethesda is actually having much to do with that game.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 04:10 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 08:40 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: So I've heard that you can't use the spears the rieklings as, well, a spear, but as an arrow. I really do hope that's only in the beta.

Oh and the possibility of becoming a werebear...WAIT WHAT?!

So spears aren't mele weapons?

Wait, werebear? You mean I can cause more havoc in my beast form? DO WANT

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 12/1/12 08:40 AM, mrpwnzer wrote: So I've heard that you can't use the spears the rieklings as, well, a spear, but as an arrow. I really do hope that's only in the beta.

throwing spears? That would be sweet.

Oh, dude, I so hope you're right about that.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 12/2/12 05:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
throwing spears? That would be sweet.

From what I've heard, it's just another arrow. It's kind of lame.

Oh, dude, I so hope you're right about that.

Werebears are in it, but I'm not sure if you can become one.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 2nd, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

You know what would be a cool addition? ballistas and catapaults. I'd love to have a few parts where you have to defend a town from a big herd of giants and mammoths by using those, or maybe two or three dragons.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:24 PM Reply

If anyone is playing on PC, there is a way to use a setting provided by Bethesda hidden from the main graphics settings that makes Tree shadows more realistic. Go to the SkyrimPrefs.ini in your "Documents->My Games->Skyrim" folder, make sure the permissions for all users is set to unrestricted/full, then open up the .ini and go to

bTreesReceiveShadows=0
bDrawLandShadows=0

Change the 0 to 1 in both.

See the difference here: http://www.geforce.com/optimize/guides/the-elder-scrolls-v-s kyrim-tweak-guide#15 on ini tweaks part 2, near the bottom.

So far the game is still amazing after 140 hours. I still have the Civil War, Dark Brotherhood, and Dawnguard quest lines to do.

BBS Signature
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 04:35 PM Reply

So everyone, what are your thoughts on Dragonborn so far? I'm taking a quick break from it at the moment, and to be completely honest I think this is one of the best DLC they have released to date. I just wish Solstheim was a little bigger! :/

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
Dev
Dev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 04:35 PM, Neon-Bard wrote: So everyone, what are your thoughts on Dragonborn so far? I'm taking a quick break from it at the moment, and to be completely honest I think this is one of the best DLC they have released to date. I just wish Solstheim was a little bigger! :/

It's currently downloading on my Xbox as I type, though I'm going to start a new file and hold off on Dragonborn for a while. I find the DLCs much more enjoyable when they're present from the very start of the game.

No spoilers for me -time to leave this thread and not come back for quite a while. lol

This sig is my identity -what was I thinking getting rid of it??
Holder of the Top 300 BP list.
Top 90 BP'er; EGSC #153

BBS Signature
TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 06:58 AM Reply

This game never fails to introduce something new. 140 hours in and I am still running into interesting new conflicts and dialogue. I finally joined the Stormcloaks XD!

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 09:26 AM Reply

Amazing happened. I was replaying the quest "Escape Cidhna Mine" whereas this I decide to go with the "Kill every fucking prisoner" approach. So while I was slashing away like fucking crazy with my shiv and having the healing spell at the ready suddenly I chop a guys head off.

Naturally it always amazing when this happen, and you always feel badass when you do it. But what really made more amazing this time is that I decapitated the guy with a fucking shiv.

I know the decapitation perk apply to most weapons, but how is it even possible to do it with a shiv?

Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 09:43 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 09:26 AM, Mismo wrote:

I know the decapitation perk apply to most weapons, but how is it even possible to do it with a shiv?

Skyrim is a magical world where ANYTHING can happen.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 09:43 AM, mrpwnzer wrote:
At 12/5/12 09:26 AM, Mismo wrote:

Skyrim is a magical world where ANYTHING can happen.

Actually, I think that apply to all of Bethesdas games now when I think about it.

Heads or tails?

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

Anyone know how to become a werebear or if it's even possible?

Also, I'm pissed about the lack of spears.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"-Ollanius Pius

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 12/5/12 08:02 PM, Shade wrote: Anyone know how to become a werebear or if it's even possible?

Also, I'm pissed about the lack of spears.

Nah they are in the game but their meant for the rieklings.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
TrantaLocked
TrantaLocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 04:05 AM Reply

At 12/5/12 09:26 AM, Mismo wrote: Amazing happened. I was replaying the quest "Escape Cidhna Mine" whereas this I decide to go with the "Kill every fucking prisoner" approach. So while I was slashing away like fucking crazy with my shiv and having the healing spell at the ready suddenly I chop a guys head off.

Naturally it always amazing when this happen, and you always feel badass when you do it. But what really made more amazing this time is that I decapitated the guy with a fucking shiv.

There are some weird ass things I see happen in Skyrim in terms of the special cut scene attacks. Some times a one-hit kill arrow will go into cut-scene mode and miss the target. Some times my weapon misses the target XD.

One time the decapitation animation registered against a guard in Whiterun, but my Axe somehow missed his head during the cutscene and chipped off a tiny sliver of armor from his shoulder blade. I literally watched this tiny little armor shaving be blown away by the wind like a leaf after the animation finished.

HOW the hell that happens, I don't know. But I think ithints that when the decapitation animation registers, the target becomes much more dynamic in terms of what can damaged dynamically. My guess is that certain things in the code can be unlocked so that the targets are ALWAYS dynamic, so that you could normal-attack anyone with a sword and cut off feat, limbs, heads, body armor, etc, because it is obvious that the animations are using actual in game physics telling by how the animations sometimes "miss" the target. I would like to see a mod like this if it doesn't exist.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 04:47 AM Reply

I'm really enjoying Dragonborn. I got to the temple and literally as the words saying that I discovered it popped up my game froze so I called it a night. So far I've done 2 of the Black Book levels, which are so cool, although the Lurkers and Seekers scare the fuck out of me. And I also fought a Serpentine Dragon. Well, I say that, it was more like a battle. Me and that guy in Chichin armor, all the Draugr in the place the dragon spawns, and then I called in that dragon from the Soul Cairn. It was pretty fun.

I've been playing on Master difficulty too, but seeing as I'm level 75 it's less a case of difficulty and more a case of how long enemies take to die. It feels weird when my Dragon Bone Bow with me fully perked out in archery and with a shit load of archery boosts in my enchanted Dragon Scale Armor, takes like 20 arrows to a Bandit Chief or whatever, so I put it down to Expert and it seems a bit better. I don't want to feel like I'm making it too easy for myself though.

But yeah Dragonborn is reli gd

Snuff
Snuff
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 9th, 2012 @ 10:32 AM Reply

So I just found Bristleback Cave.

If anybody else finds themselves outside it, make sure you're prepared for a long fight. That's all I'll say.

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 07:09 PM Reply

When you think about it, Skyrim is pretty much one big metal music video.

My reasoning:

-It's populated by guys with long hair and beards who drink a lot
-Fucking dragons
-You can kill a man by shouting at him
-It has a sprawling and epic story
-It has demons (Daedra)
-The draugr are reminiscent of Iron Maiden's Eddie

Agree disagree?

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 04:47 AM, Snuff wrote: It feels weird when my Dragon Bone Bow with me fully perked out in archery and with a shit load of archery boosts in my enchanted Dragon Scale Armor, takes like 20 arrows to a Bandit Chief or whatever, so I put it down to Expert and it seems a bit better. I don't want to feel like I'm making it too easy for myself though.

But yeah Dragonborn is reli gd

What is the damage of your bow? I'm using the Enchanted Dwarven Crossbow from Dawnguard and I have it up to around 1500+ damage with my various perks and enchanted gear. if I become a Vampire it's like 3,000+ damage.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 10:32 PM Reply

I'm replaying the Dawnguard storyline right now and for some reason my wife just fucking disappeared.

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Neon-Bard
Neon-Bard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 13th, 2012 @ 11:11 PM Reply

At 12/13/12 10:32 PM, Shade wrote: I'm replaying the Dawnguard storyline right now and for some reason my wife just fucking disappeared.

Hahaha! I'm sorry but for some reason I find that hilarious...

Anyway, do you have Hearthfire installed?

If you have a moment, check out some of my work:
[Music here on Newgrounds] [Soundcloud]

BBS Signature
Aci6
Aci6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2012 @ 02:52 AM Reply

At 12/10/12 07:09 PM, Shade wrote:
Agree disagree?

Completely agreed.

Sticks and stones will break my bones if the radiation doesn't kill me.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 14th, 2012 @ 05:35 AM Reply

At 12/13/12 05:23 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
What is the damage of your bow? I'm using the Enchanted Dwarven Crossbow from Dawnguard and I have it up to around 1500+ damage with my various perks and enchanted gear. if I become a Vampire it's like 3,000+ damage.

Well see, now I feel useless. I think it does like 180. How on Earth do you get the damage that high?

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 12/13/12 11:11 PM, Neon-Bard wrote:
At 12/13/12 10:32 PM, Shade wrote: I'm replaying the Dawnguard storyline right now and for some reason my wife just fucking disappeared.
Hahaha! I'm sorry but for some reason I find that hilarious...

Anyway, do you have Hearthfire installed?

Yes, I do. I haven't gotten around to building any houses with my current character at this moment, but I have with others.

Buy me things.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 06:44 PM Reply

At 12/14/12 05:35 AM, Snuff wrote:
Well see, now I feel useless. I think it does like 180. How on Earth do you get the damage that high?

Make a shitload of improve smithing potions and gear and wear it while you make the bow. Then go enchant the bows damage after wearing awesome enchantment gear and drinking enchantment potions. Combine this with 100 archery skills and all the perks... and boom.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
TruBluFoxx
TruBluFoxx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 08:14 AM Reply

does anyone know hook to use enb? I downloaded it, and put the files in the directory, and its not working properly. Ill try to catch it in traps, but ill do my best to explain it for know: everytime I start skyrim, it starts fine. But when I load a save game, the lighting is waaaaay off. The sun glare is visible from anywhere outside (ie: behind buildings/walls, in nonloaded houses) and the sun itself is nowhere to be found. I even installed an enb setup....still did not work. Im thinking of deleting everything, and starting afresh.

BBS Signature
WadeFulp
WadeFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 30
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Loving Dragonborn DLC for the XBOX. Last night I enchanted a sword with a total of 90 points of fire damage, but only at night. 45 damage fire enchantment, and 45 silent moon camp or whatever fire damage, which only works at night.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER
Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK
Google+ Profile

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 12/17/12 08:14 AM, TruBluFoxx wrote: does anyone know hook to use enb? I downloaded it, and put the files in the directory, and its not working properly.

It depends on what enb the author requires you to use. The author usually describes what version of the enb you need to use.

Ill try to catch it in traps, but ill do my best to explain it for know: everytime I start skyrim, it starts fine.
Does it say some ENB information on the upper left hand corner? It should be doing that everytime.

But when I load a save game, the lighting is waaaaay off.
*Disregard secondcomment.

The sun glare is visible from anywhere outside (ie: behind buildings/walls, in nonloaded houses) and the sun itself is nowhere to be found. I even installed an enb setup....still did not work. Im thinking of deleting everything, and starting afresh.
Do you have a list of mods that you'd be willing to post? Mods that affect weather and lighting tend to cause this. Also, you should probably list your pc specs.

BBS Signature