New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

I personally Didn't like Skyrim as much as its older elder scroll games....like Morrowind and such. They are just expanding in the graphics and money making part, more than the actual game play.

いないいないばあ

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 08:04 PM Reply

At 7 hours ago, Timchik wrote: I'm trying to take the butcher quest, but I'm supposed to find a dead woman in the Windhelm graveyard, but the body isn't there.

In two separate playthroughs I never managed to get that quest. It simply never showed up for either of my characters and when I tried to buy the house I was told there was a problem.

At 24 minutes ago, Sense-Offender wrote: So, which is preferable, doing Seasons Unending, or finishing the civil war quest line beforehand?

Finishing the civil war. Seasons Unending just involves running back and forth getting Ulfric and Tullius to meet and discuss a truce, then Ulfric acts like an ass and starts making demands for the Empire to give up cities (without expecting to provide any compensation for those territories) and it doesn't matter how fair or impartial you are one side is going to sit around bitching about how you screwed them over.

FourSwordsKing
FourSwordsKing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 08:06 PM Reply

I haven't really touched the game in over a month. Mostly because I have other games to play other than that, which is pretty much a you-do-whatever-the-hell-you-want type of game, where other games have some type of plot to them at the very least (yes, Skyrim does have a plot, but not much of one considering that you aren't really required ever to complete it). For instance, I'm currently playing Uncharted 3 because I didn't even touch that game up 'till recently and I absolutely fell in love with the franchise ever since it's original release.

I probably won't play it for even a little while longer due to the fact of my crappy internet with its bandwidth limit and the download now required to play it on the PS3 to fix the whole lag issue that's going on...

Jesus, Bethesda, can you even make a proper functioning game from the release?

Help the poor! Help the hungry in Africa!

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 09:44 PM Reply

Okay, I'll probably get started on that civil war stuff soon.

Also, I just got the Wabbajack. cool shit.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 09:48 PM Reply

I completed the civil war quest line last week after putting it off for so long. Kinda wish I didn't. Left an empty feeling after completing it.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 09:56 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, FurryFox wrote: I completed the civil war quest line last week after putting it off for so long. Kinda wish I didn't. Left an empty feeling after completing it.

why?

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 09:58 PM Reply

Oh, I forgot to ask something. Are there any quests that become unavailable after completing the civil war quest line?

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 4th, 2012 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 5 minutes ago, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, FurryFox wrote: I completed the civil war quest line last week after putting it off for so long. Kinda wish I didn't. Left an empty feeling after completing it.
why?

Don't know. Maybe the war spoils weren't enough for me.

Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 10 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote:
why?

It's a really sudden ending, and in some ways doesn't feel like you achieved anything. You have a shitty battle, and kill the enemy leader, then that's it. Nothing in the game really changes, and people still talk like it's going on. Like after winning the war, you can go up to a shopkeeper and say "How is the war affecting you?"

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM Reply

Well, at least there's still the main quest and a bunch of other stuff.

So, do dragons still appear after you complete the main quest? It would kinda be lame if they didn't, especially if you didn't have enough souls to get all the shouts.

Also, I have a problem with two glitches. They aren't game-breaking, but they are inconvenient.

The first one is with the lead grey beard. You know how you can ask him if they've found more word walls? Well, he insists on sending me to one that I've already been to, which makes it impossible to ask him for more destinations. I don't have internet in my room, so it would be a bit tricky to look at a guide for directions to all the walls and follow them. Maybe I could copy/paste all the articles in a Word document and save them on my external hard drive. Anyway, if there are any fixes, please tell me.

The second glitch that's bugging me (hah!) is with the owner of Warmaiden's in Whiterun. He never enters his shop. Last time I was playing, he was perpetually stuck standing on the right outer wall of Breezehome. I would use the "wait" option for over an in-game day and he'd still be there. I tried sneaking and fus ro dah'ing him, but even when I got no bounty and nobody noticed me, and I got away from battle (you can fast travel) I would come back to see his corpse, probably killed by guards.

sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 34 minutes ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, at least there's still the main quest and a bunch of other stuff.

So, do dragons still appear after you complete the main quest? It would kinda be lame if they didn't, especially if you didn't have enough souls to get all the shouts.

Yes they do. They always respawn and stuff. Not the actual named dragons though.

The first one is with the lead grey beard.

I would probably just go search around until you find them on your own. I didn't use the greybeards once for finding shouts. THey're usually at the end of dungeons and occasionally outside though.

The second glitch that's bugging me (hah!) is with the owner of Warmaiden's in Whiterun.

Can't help you here.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 5 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Well, at least there's still the main quest and a bunch of other stuff.

Yes they do, and it seems like they become a tad bit more common the further that your progress. It bothered me that all of the Oblivion Gates got shut down once you beat the main quest in the last one and I am thankful that they didn't make that mistake again.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 5 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: He never enters his shop.

Just go to the woman who stands outside it and says "WE GOT GOOD PIECES OUT HERE. MORE INSIDE.", as she sells the exact same stuff.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 5th, 2012 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 20 hours ago, Sense-Offender wrote: Oh, I forgot to ask something. Are there any quests that become unavailable after completing the civil war quest line?

Nah, there aren't any particular quests, they just ask you to destroy hidden camps of the opposite fraction, that's basically it. I did encounter one random quest (outside of the Imperial Army questline) involving some bandits who killed some Imperials and stole their clothes. They dress up like Imperials and want you to pay a fine to cross a certain road. You then get the option to answer something along the lines of ''I'm an Imperial, so fuck you'' , and then you get to beat the shit out of them.
That's the only Imperial Army related quest I got so far.

New tune: Yag

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 7th, 2012 @ 01:54 PM Reply

mehrune's razor is deadly as fuck... i didn't expect much so i locked it in a case for a week before i tried it out... it is now my favorite off-hand

BBS Signature
speakerlight
speakerlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 8th, 2012 @ 12:05 AM Reply

ummm spoilers maybe?

Poor Narfi. I really thought I was gonna get to save his sister then I find out she's dead in a river. Whoever was the voice actor almost had me in tears. I'm so sorry Narfi.

Can you see this? Probably not. Douche.

BBS Signature
FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, Spilda-Bongwata wrote: mehrune's razor is deadly as fuck... i didn't expect much so i locked it in a case for a week before i tried it out... it is now my favorite off-hand

How did you NOT use it when you first got it? First time I got it was when I had ancient dragons roaming around. First dragon I battled died on the first slash of it. Dropping an ancient dragon on heightened difficulty in one shot is so satisfying.

Corpus-Delicti
Corpus-Delicti
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 08:31 AM Reply

So, who else plays as a Khajiit? Dat Night vision <3

Also, Nightingale armor + Ebony daggers = Sex

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 9th, 2012 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 12 days ago, MCFC wrote: Also does anyone else think The Ebony Blade is stupid? It's a Two-Handed blade that uses One-Handed skills. That's just not fair.

I think it's awesome. Makes it so much easier for a one handed char to get some extra levels.

At 4 days ago, Timchik wrote: I'm trying to take the butcher quest, but I'm supposed to find a dead woman in the Windhelm graveyard, but the body isn't there.

Are you visiting windhelm at night?

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 07:57 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Corpus-Delicti wrote: So, who else plays as a Khajiit? Dat Night vision <3

Also, Nightingale armor + Ebony daggers = Sex

my current setup:

cedric's clothes/daedric dagger X2 - for assasination
nightingale armor/mehrune's razor and daedric dagger - close combat

heavy daggers feel weird man... that's why i like to switch one of my daedric daggers for mehrune's razor when i'm fighting in close quarters. that dagger is insanely powerful. instant deaths help a lot.

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 08:00 PM Reply

going to begin workig up my enchanting skill so that i can disenchant some sweet shit and finally start wearing my dusty old dragonscale...

BBS Signature
BizzarroPMP
BizzarroPMP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 10th, 2012 @ 09:39 PM Reply

I just got Skyrim today.

Zeppelyn: Since when does the bladder control the "poo poo"?
convict357: Um, you mean you f*ck chickens, turkeys are male chickens.

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM Reply

I'm just slowly grinding through quests. I've got to restore the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood to their former glory, for those achievements. And then The Companions Guild. And then Daedric artifacts... Christ. I'm level 44 and I still have so far to go.

The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, LaForge wrote: became a lycan recently... hate it. can only heal a little bit by munching on corpses, don't do a terrible amount of damage, no armor so you're very easy to kill... i find i only use it for quick escapes as you sprint much, much faster than a horse runs.

Press the shout button to strike fear into the heart of enemies. Most humans/non-creatures will run away from you, and won't attack you. I was getting pissed off as a werewolf too, until I found out that.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 11th, 2012 @ 11:41 PM Reply

Dropped every weapon and apparel item I had in my house, on the floor in my bedroom. I tried walking through it and I was push down through the floor lol. I foo-row-dah'ed it all, it lagged for a while, then i went to get more stuff to drop and it crashed. I was surprised it could handle all that stuff just sitting on the floor.

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

Noonga
Noonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 01:40 AM Reply

Skyrim has been out for awhile now and has no news of any DLC or expansions, this is good because it probably means they are making an expansion pack and they are putting a lot of work into it.

Or maybe its just taking time because Bethesda has shifted some of its Skyrim developers to FO4 (which is supposedly in the works according to wikipedia)

either way its cool

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 08:22 AM Reply

At 6 hours ago, Noonga wrote: Skyrim has been out for awhile now and has no news of any DLC or expansions, this is good because it probably means they are making an expansion pack and they are putting a lot of work into it.

I'm happy they're taking their time. Hearing something around Summer time would be fine with me and by then I'd feel refreshed to pick up Skyrim again. Although, that depends if they fixed the PS3 version.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 6 hours ago, Bahamut wrote: Although, that depends if they fixed the PS3 version.

Were you getting the big frame rate drops from having such a big save file? If you were, Todd Howard and his game developing buddies fixed it a while ago.

Made the PS3 version fun again.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 12th, 2012 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 17 hours ago, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I'm just slowly grinding through quests. I've got to restore the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood to their former glory, for those achievements. And then The Companions Guild. And then Daedric artifacts... Christ. I'm level 44 and I still have so far to go.

Skyrim really is one of those games where you get your monies worth.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 01:21 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Noonga wrote: Skyrim has been out for awhile now and has no news of any DLC or expansions, this is good because it probably means they are making an expansion pack and they are putting a lot of work into it.

Seeing as these expansions are supposed to be way bigger than Fallout's I would definitely assume the time it would take to make a new expansion for Skyrim would be about the same time it took for Bethesda to release the first 3 Fallout 3 dlc packs at least. I'm personally expecting an announcement by May orJune and a release a month later

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature