00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

368,189 Views | 4,137 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-17 23:10:20

At 12/17/12 10:53 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote: Even though the GPU only has 384 cuda cores, the thing is peppy with a clock above 800mhz. Although, I wanna see if I can close in on 900.

Whoopsies. Stock turbo is 950mhz. Apparently this thing is stable at around 1070mhz!

Woohoo +120 on a lappy GPU. It seems I can also take the mem to +350

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 07:56:18

At 12/17/12 11:10 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote:
At 12/17/12 10:53 PM, TruBluFoxx wrote: Even though the GPU only has 384 cuda cores, the thing is peppy with a clock above 800mhz. Although, I wanna see if I can close in on 900.
Whoopsies. Stock turbo is 950mhz. Apparently this thing is stable at around 1070mhz!

Woohoo +120 on a lappy GPU. It seems I can also take the mem to +350

Just downloaded evga precision x. Ill do a side-by-side comparison with Crysis 2 in FRAPS. Would be like a 3-10 fps difference.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 09:09:58

At 12/19/12 09:01 AM, MrPercie wrote: The game wont work when ever I set the texture quality higher than medium setting. It just crashes to desktop when ever I finish loading a game.

And the game has a lot of graphical spikes, like weird blue and yellow flashes from time to time.

i'm on the PC by the way.

What are you specs?

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-19 16:05:18

At 12/19/12 09:09 AM, LulzCal wrote:
At 12/19/12 09:01 AM, MrPercie wrote: The game wont work when ever I set the texture quality higher than medium setting. It just crashes to desktop when ever I finish loading a game.

And the game has a lot of graphical spikes, like weird blue and yellow flashes from time to time.
What are you specs?

It could be a driver error...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-12-28 21:41:23

I should've screwed around with alchemy sooner. Now I know how to be a total, utter, complete bastard to enemy wizards.

If only it lasted for more than 2 hits each... But then again, each hit means I'll be watching one of them flail hopelessly at me for 15 minutes straight, so it's fucking funny to do regardless. XD

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-03 13:37:08

Okay, I just glitched the fuck out of my game beyond any means of saving it. I fell off the bridge at the College of Winterhold and, like an idiot, saved my game just before I hit the ground. (and I have no previous saves to revert back to!) :D
I did have a little fun with it, though. I pressed start then hit the "show on map" on the quest subscreen just after I died, which allowed my corpse to fast travel. My lifeless corpse eventually appeared in Morthal where a dragon happened to be attacking. Hilarity ensued.

Anyway, off to start a new game now. (My character was level 53) ;_;

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-03 17:22:16

At 12/28/12 09:41 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I should've screwed around with alchemy sooner. Now I know how to be a total, utter, complete bastard to enemy wizards.

If only it lasted for more than 2 hits each... But then again, each hit means I'll be watching one of them flail hopelessly at me for 15 minutes straight, so it's fucking funny to do regardless. XD

Yeah. Someone warned me not to spend too many perk points on Alchemy in the beginning, because the skills become overpowered very quickly (like with Smithing and Enchanting).

At 1/3/13 01:37 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Okay, I just glitched the fuck out of my game beyond any means of saving it. I fell off the bridge at the College of Winterhold and, like an idiot, saved my game just before I hit the ground. (and I have no previous saves to revert back to!) :D

Don't you have any auto-saves or did you toggle that off?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-03 19:11:49

At 1/3/13 05:22 PM, Auz wrote: Don't you have any auto-saves or did you toggle that off?

I'm pretty good about saving manually, especially since my Xbox likes to freeze occasionally. I had it switched off just to speed things up a bit.
I don't mind too much, though. The game's so awesome, it'll be nice to play through it all again. I had nearly all the books collected in my library at one of my Hearthfire houses -that's the only thing that I really hated losing. >.<

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 02:30:02

Well just beat the game for the first time today. Took 122 hours to do it. Got to level 81 and maxed every skill out at 100. And used the manual save over 600 times during the entire playthrough.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 06:14:16

At 1/10/13 02:30 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Well just beat the game for the first time today. Took 122 hours to do it. Got to level 81 and maxed every skill out at 100.

Can you level up that quickly in Skyrim? Or did you just grind a lot and made use of trainers?

I know it's definitely waaay faster than Oblivion and I'm sure it's also faster than Morrowind. However, I thought it would get insanely slow after level 50 or so.

And used the manual save over 600 times during the entire playthrough.

Lol. I'm only 41 hours in and I'm already at 420 saves or so. The thing is, I play as a mage character dressed in robes so I die fairly often from random bears and guys with overpowered great swords. Therefore, I save like every 5 minutes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 06:19:30

At 1/10/13 06:14 AM, Auz wrote: Lol. I'm only 41 hours in and I'm already at 420 saves or so. The thing is, I play as a mage character dressed in robes so I die fairly often from random bears and guys with overpowered great swords. Therefore, I save like every 5 minutes.

I'm sure you already do this but I'm going to state obvious. Use magic armor (such as oakflesh) a LOT.

Also a tip for all mages (although you might already know) get hold of the spell telekineses and use that a lot. Really fast and good way to level up fast in alternation.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 06:41:05

At 1/10/13 06:19 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 1/10/13 06:14 AM, Auz wrote: Lol. I'm only 41 hours in and I'm already at 420 saves or so. The thing is, I play as a mage character dressed in robes so I die fairly often from random bears and guys with overpowered great swords. Therefore, I save like every 5 minutes.
I'm sure you already do this but I'm going to state obvious. Use magic armor (such as oakflesh) a LOT.

I do use such spells when I really need them, but ultimately I want to go for using (enchanted) Light Armour rather than robes because that's probably the more convenient way to go and I won't have to waste precious perk points on the Mage Armour perk.

Also a tip for all mages (although you might already know) get hold of the spell telekineses and use that a lot. Really fast and good way to level up fast in alternation.

I didn't know that, but I don't want to level up too fast. I'll keep it in mind though if I ever want to get Alteration up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-10 07:35:21

At 1/10/13 06:41 AM, Auz wrote:
At 1/10/13 06:19 AM, Mismo wrote: Also a tip for all mages (although you might already know) get hold of the spell telekineses and use that a lot. Really fast and good way to level up fast in alternation.
I didn't know that, but I don't want to level up too fast. I'll keep it in mind though if I ever want to get Alteration up.

I also remembered another good way to level up easy. Do the whole dark brotherhood quest-line and then purchase the torture chamber from Delvin when you rebuild the sanctuary in Dawnstar. In the torture chamber there will be four victims which you can torture. So basically you can use destruction spells on them to hurt themand healing hands to heal them, and some illusion spells work to. Just don't kill them or else you have to pay a fine.

Also if you talk to them enough all them will reveal a location where a modest amount of gold is hidden. Free money!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-14 03:10:24

At 1/10/13 07:00 AM, Cootie wrote:
It feels like mages aren't as strong as warriors and thieves in this game especially if you want to wear robes. In the next one I hope they bring mages up a notch because destruction spells do not scale well at all.

The fireball spell with the right perks can do massive damage and potentially clear a whole room of badies. Although of course since it is one of the higer level spells it eats away on your magicka fast, but with the right race, perks and items it won't be that much of a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-14 09:31:30

At 1/10/13 07:00 AM, Cootie wrote:
It feels like mages aren't as strong as warriors and thieves in this game especially if you want to wear robes. In the next one I hope they bring mages up a notch because destruction spells do not scale well at all.

I don't mind if things will get difficult towards the end. I think playing as a "hack and slash"-happy warrior gets dull very quickly and while I do like to sneak around with a bow, going pure thief or archer is just not really my thing.

Furthermore, magic is really cool in Skyrim, so I prefer to be mainly a Mage (with a bit of sneaky archery and one-handed swordery if I need to).

At 1/10/13 07:35 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 1/10/13 06:19 AM, Mismo wrote: Also a tip for all mages (although you might already know) get hold of the spell telekineses and use that a lot. Really fast and good way to level up fast in alternation.
I also remembered another good way to level up easy. Do the whole dark brotherhood quest-line and then purchase the torture chamber from Delvin when you rebuild the sanctuary in Dawnstar. In the torture chamber there will be four victims which you can torture. So basically you can use destruction spells on them to hurt themand healing hands to heal them, and some illusion spells work to. Just don't kill them or else you have to pay a fine.

Also if you talk to them enough all them will reveal a location where a modest amount of gold is hidden. Free money!

I'd like to keep the Dark Brotherhood quest line for last. It's supposedly the best quest line and I always like to start out as a good guy before making my criminal record dirty.

At 1/13/13 01:17 AM, Shade wrote: I'm planning on making a wizard, any advice for my first 20 or so levels of not being a hella sweet sorcerer?

From the little experience I have: Pick Breton, aim to get a lot of magicka, keep your spells up to date and you'll probably be fine. Besides, from what I've heard you'll actually kick the most ass early on in the game.

At 1/14/13 03:10 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 1/10/13 07:00 AM, Cootie wrote: It feels like mages aren't as strong as warriors and thieves in this game especially if you want to wear robes. In the next one I hope they bring mages up a notch because destruction spells do not scale well at all.
The fireball spell with the right perks can do massive damage and potentially clear a whole room of badies. Although of course since it is one of the higer level spells it eats away on your magicka fast, but with the right race, perks and items it won't be that much of a problem.

It's Adept level so it's not even that high. I don't have access to Expert level spells yet, but of all the spells I have so far Fireball is definitely the most effective. I found that it's significantly more difficult to dish out damage with Ice Storm and Chain Lightning, despite that they're on the same level.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-18 18:08:21

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-29 05:04:15

At 1/13/13 01:17 AM, Shade wrote: I'm planning on making a wizard, any advice for my first 20 or so levels of not being a hella sweet sorcerer?

Go Breton and give that blue bar some love every time you level up. Stamina is good too but focus on magica.

Allocate perks to destruction, restoration, and enchanting. I would devote to one spell type (fire or frost) rather than spending perks on all of them at first. Level up shock last because it has a higher magica cost, and you should only use it against other wizards due to the magica drain (until you get adept shock spells which are uber overpowered).

Restoration is only good for the healing spell and healing dual-cast. Only start giving level points to health when you dont feel like you can heal yourself quickly.

Disenchant items like rings/amulets that give magica regen and enchant the same thing onto your own clothing after your enchanting is higher.

I made an enchantress once devoted solely to enchanting and illusion so I have a ring that regenerates my magica and stamina almost instantly after use :) I'm basically a ghost.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-29 10:16:52

At 1/29/13 05:04 AM, Violetta wrote:
Go Breton

I would think Altmer would be the prime choice of race if you wanted a good mage.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-29 12:14:38

At 1/29/13 10:31 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 1/29/13 10:16 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: I would think Altmer would be the prime choice of race if you wanted a good mage.
They get an extra 50 magicka and nearly unlimited magicka once per day as a racial. Way better than the extra mage defense that Bretons get.

Yeah, it seems like they nerved Bretons quite harshly in Skyrim. In Oblivion they were by far the superior magic race and, in my opinion, one of the best races in the game in general since you could get 100% magic resistance so easily.

I still picked Breton in Skyrim though since Altmer always seem like stuck-up douchebags.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-01-30 00:01:02

Any news on this rumored Redguard dlc? I've been dying to go to Hammerfell since I heard they beat back the dominion.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-01 03:56:57

At 1/30/13 12:01 AM, animehater wrote: Any news on this rumored Redguard dlc? I've been dying to go to Hammerfell since I heard they beat back the dominion.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the war.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-01 05:30:39

Hammerfell? I'd much rather we got to see more of Morrowind.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-01 10:00:57

At 2/1/13 05:30 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hammerfell? I'd much rather we got to see more of Morrowind.

But wouldn't it be kind of nice to explore something new?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-01 11:07:58

At 2/1/13 10:12 AM, Shade wrote:
At 2/1/13 10:00 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 2/1/13 05:30 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Hammerfell? I'd much rather we got to see more of Morrowind.
See the sights and sounds of the Alik'r Desert, go find some neat desert ruins, hang out with some cool black guys. What's not to love?

You forgot to mention that they have Curved. Swords. Also, Dragonborn on the PC in about 4 days. Guess it's back to actually playing Skyrim instead of modding.

Xbox live: C0n Queso

PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten

Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-01 11:18:45

At 2/1/13 10:00 AM, Mismo wrote:

Hammefell isn't new, either, though. But it would be the first time we saw it with 3D graphics.

If we're going to see something completely new, then it should be the focus of TES 6. I'd definitely choose Summerset Isle and the surrounding islands, including Pyandonea and the Coral Kingdoms. I'd hope it looks different from what we see in real life. That's what Morrowind had that Oblivion and Skyrim didn't. Morrowind looked so alien and fantastical while Cyrodil and Skyrim just looked like different parts of Europe. I'd hope that the lands of the Altmer, Aldmer, Maormer, and the Sloads would be more exotic and alien-like. And there could be weresharks and werecrocs!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-01 13:52:41

At 2/1/13 12:55 PM, Shade wrote: Anyone knnow if we're ever getting an unarmed tree?

We can certainly hope so. My Orc (and by extension myself) has been itching to lay the smack down on bandits and Stormcloaks properly with his fists.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-06 16:43:27

Dragonborn downloaded! Can't wait to launch into it!

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-06 21:36:22

Finally got all the achievements again. Now I'm going through on my relatively new playthrough focusing on Conjuration, Destruction, Enchanting and Alchemy. It's a lot of new stuff I haven't explored before and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-11 12:44:04

Lets not get, AHEAD, of ourself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2013-02-11 12:52:24

At 2/11/13 12:44 PM, Mismo wrote: Lets not get, AHEAD, of ourself.

I wish dismemberment happened more often. In my experience, it's almost like finding a four leafed clover....or a midget. I mean, the point is that it's a bit rare.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature