Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 01:37 PM Reply

At 13 minutes ago, animehater wrote:
At 1 day ago, Noonga wrote: Skyrim has been out for awhile now and has no news of any DLC or expansions, this is good because it probably means they are making an expansion pack and they are putting a lot of work into it.
Seeing as these expansions are supposed to be way bigger than Fallout's I would definitely assume the time it would take to make a new expansion for Skyrim would be about the same time it took for Bethesda to release the first 3 Fallout 3 dlc packs at least. I'm personally expecting an announcement by May orJune and a release a month later

They say that every pack for Slyrim is supposed to be as good as or exceed the Shivering Isles. Maybe they will explore more Planes of Oblivion because some of them seem really cool.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 03:12 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, LaForge wrote: became a lycan recently... hate it. can only heal a little bit by munching on corpses, don't do a terrible amount of damage, no armor so you're very easy to kill... i find i only use it for quick escapes as you sprint much, much faster than a horse runs.

Well it not worse than being a vampire I assure you that. Also 100% diseases resistant in exchange for never being able to sleep well again, worth it.

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 03:45 PM Reply

Playing through Skyrim again because I don't have anything else to play, really. I still think it's the weakest of the series but it's a good time waster.

Breton conjurer this time. Not going to trigger the dragon born quest cause random dragon spawns are annoying. Also not going to use smithing or enchanting, so we'll see what happens. Also going around killing any lifeless NPC I can find, which means 90% of the population.

Pisses me off that I have the console version though. Why can't I kill these invincible bastards? Because they're related to the plot? I don't give a fuck about the plot, let me kill them. Why they didn't take a Morrowind route when it comes to this is seriously baffling.

We'll see how long it takes for me to get bored. It's still pretty damn easy even with the restraints on master difficulty.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

kmau
kmau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Animator
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 15 minutes ago, Rallard wrote: Why can't I kill these invincible bastards? Because they're related to the plot? I don't give a fuck about the plot, let me kill them. Why they didn't take a Morrowind route when it comes to this is seriously baffling.

Because when Bethesda returned from making Fallout games they dumped everything they learned in that period.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, Cootie wrote: They say that every pack for Slyrim is supposed to be as good as or exceed the Shivering Isles. Maybe they will explore more Planes of Oblivion because some of them seem really cool.

I personally just want to see Hammerfell. Not all of Hammerfell obviously, but a definitely significant percentage of it.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 13th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 28 minutes ago, animehater wrote: I personally just want to see Hammerfell. Not all of Hammerfell obviously, but a definitely significant percentage of it.

Most of Daggerfall's set in High Rock, but a pretty big portion of Hammerfell's in it as well.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 14th, 2012 @ 09:18 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, IrishGun wrote:
At 6 hours ago, Bahamut wrote: Although, that depends if they fixed the PS3 version.
Were you getting the big frame rate drops from having such a big save file? If you were, Todd Howard and his game developing buddies fixed it a while ago.

Made the PS3 version fun again.

That's something I can look forward to whenever I get back to Skyrim. All I was going to do before I stopped playing it was collecting the last remaining trophies but some glitched out on me so I'd require a second playthrough for some of them. Now let's see if things will be all and well for any upcoming DLC.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 15th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM Reply

At 2 days ago, IrishGun wrote: Most of Daggerfall's set in High Rock, but a pretty big portion of Hammerfell's in it as well.

I was thinking more southern Hammerfell, which I hear the Thalmor were after.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
kanef
kanef
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 09:56 AM Reply

i just got this game awhile back. the graphics (which aren't too spectacular... but enjoyable. good for our time) and setting/gameplay remind me of a medieval red dead redemption.

the strongest point about this? the gameplay/plot.

the gameplay is seriously fun. i could play this for hours and not get bored, this looks like what bethesda spent the majority of the 5 years of working on this game.

the plot might not be TEH BEST EVAR!!1 but it's one of the only games to feel like a movie at some parts (the other game i played that felt like this is half life 2)

final thought? buy this game, but be sure you don't get addicted to stuff, because you'll REALLY be hooked on this.

9/10

this is a review.

comment pls - plug.dj
sevkitty.com forum - last.fm
D - ńęwgróuńdśęś ręśidęńt pątrićiąń

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 18th, 2012 @ 10:28 AM Reply

At 2 days ago, animehater wrote: I was thinking more southern Hammerfell, which I hear the Thalmor were after.

Yeah, I think the Redguards beat back an attempted Thalmor invasion or something.

Wherever TES 6 is set (maybe within the Aldmeri Dominion?) I'd definitely like the plot to involve the Thalmor some more. Maybe Valenwood, the giant migratory tree cities is something I'd really like to see. It'd be real neato to see some of the floating magical dealies in Summerset Isle too.

Also, wereboars should be brought back.

Which reminds me, I got the 2 TES books for Christmas and I've read through the first one and about 2/3 of the second. You guys should read them if you haven't, it's nice seeing all the stuff that Bethesda took from them and put in Skyrim (like the Thalmor, Synod, Penitus Oculatus and so on).

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 06:59 PM Reply

Been playing this game at least a month now and still hooked. I started off as a Dark Elf who's currently about Level 27, who I mostly focused in Magicka and duel wielding. Did the main quest mainly so I beat it within a week and then started on other quests. Currently doing the Dark Brotherhood turning him into a stealth character. His sneak is already up pretty high and it's awesome going into dungeons and picking them off one by one with my bow and arrow. Kinda regret making him a Vampire now since I have to feed but it's not too hard to do, would be nice if I didn't need to do it so frequently though.

I also started a new character on another account who is a level 25 Orc warrior. I leveled him up a shitload faster than my Dark Elf, I started focusing on my blacksmithing earlier than the Dark Elf and it's already at 91, just from making Iron Daggers. Also used the speech glitch to get my speech to 100 after I was so frustrated with always selling things for a fraction of the price. Doing the companion quests with this guy so he's now a Werewolf but I've only used it once.

In short I am loving this game. Even more after starting my second character. My experience is completely different every time. On my second game, I decided to go straight to Whiterun after escaping Helgen, couldn't be fucked with following that guy to Riverwood. As I got to Whiterun a giant was attacking the farm so I helped them kill it and they asked me to join the companions! I nearly had an orgasm when some thugs jumped me and after killing them I discovered they were hired to get me.

In all my years of gaming I've never played anything so deep as this. A game where people will comment on pretty much everything you do, praise you, or hold grudges against you... Skyrim is amazing.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
ToddM
ToddM
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 09:20 PM Reply

New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 19th, 2012 @ 10:27 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, ToddM wrote: New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

That is awesome. I was kinda sad that only warriors got cool animations.

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 04:52 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, ToddM wrote: New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

bethesda does good work

BBS Signature
HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 07:29 AM Reply

At 1 day ago, ToddM wrote: New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

Is this for PC or Xbox 360 or both???

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 07:41 AM Reply

At 11 minutes ago, HeadbangingLegend wrote:
Is this for PC or Xbox 360 or both???

I'd say both. Might land on PC earlier, though.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 09:28 AM Reply

The patch sounds interesting. Maybe I got lucky, but I never found the Xbox version of Skyrim to be too bad during my time playing although I never finished the game. After next week I do plan on starting the game over since I'll be on a break from uni, although technically I should (and will need to) spend most of the time I have revising.

The addition of new kill cams is nice. I remember them being really repetitive and quite nasty looking from when I played.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 11:48 AM Reply

Oh the stories you can tell with that game

Once I killed a chicken and I had to pay a fine, or die. I died. Fought my way out till I took an arrow to the knee.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 21st, 2012 @ 12:10 PM Reply

At 21 minutes ago, TehPoptartKid wrote: Fought my way out till I took an arrow to the knee.

Just let that meme die already!

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Haydogger
Haydogger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:05 AM Reply

I can't believe it, i'm sick of Skyrim :O

I'm back into Oblivion at least....

"Music is like candy, you need to throw out the rappers" - Google (or something)
MCFC since birth.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:01 PM Reply

They say that new spells and ranged attacks will have kill cams, but what about Shouts? Fus Ro Dah is the thing that needs a kill cam the most.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 47 minutes ago, Cootie wrote: They say that new spells and ranged attacks will have kill cams, but what about Shouts? Fus Ro Dah is the thing that needs a kill cam the most.

It would be great if they could show you actually shouting somebody to pieces like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King, but unfortunately that shouts are basically worthless as far as damage is concerned, especially if you're playing on a higher difficulty, so actually finishing enemies off with a shout or doing enough damage with it to trigger a kill cam is exceedingly rare at least insofar as I have seen.

The only time I've managed to kill anybody with Unrelenting Force is when I edited the shout effect to use 100,000 newtons of force and sent a dinner plate soaring off of the table in Dragonsreach, impaling a guard near the door in the face with it.

If you're on the PC version though, it really isn't that hard to add some really basic killcam effects on your own with the creation kit.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 22nd, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

It would be great if they could show you actually shouting somebody to pieces like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King, but unfortunately that shouts are basically worthless as far as damage is concerned,

^This

But a lot of the time if I'm in a stick situation I use the shout that throws the som'bitch backwards right on the edge of a mountain. Usually kills them ;P.

HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:06 AM Reply

At 15 hours ago, Famas wrote:
like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King,

Actually, Ulfric didn't shout the High King to pieces, he states it was his blade which killed him. Therefor I don't think it's actually possible to "shout them to pieces" if it's never been done. I guess the purpose of "Force" is just to push back not through.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, HeadbangingLegend wrote:
At 15 hours ago, Famas wrote:
like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King,
Actually, Ulfric didn't shout the High King to pieces, he states it was his blade which killed him. Therefor I don't think it's actually possible to "shout them to pieces" if it's never been done. I guess the purpose of "Force" is just to push back not through.

Force is only lethal when it pushes someone off a mountain or knocks someone down for you to beat them to death. The
"Ulfric shouted him to pieces" thing was just propaganda to make Ulfric look like a merciless brute with inhuman abilities.

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:12 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, djack wrote:
Force is only lethal when it pushes someone off a mountain or knocks someone down for you to beat them to death. The
"Ulfric shouted him to pieces" thing was just propaganda to make Ulfric look like a merciless brute with inhuman abilities.

Right, but the Dovahkiin is a level 85 murder machine that suplexes bears and rips dragons apart with their fists. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that Dovahkiin is infinitely stronger in voice than Stormcloak was. Motherfucker probably goes to bed by yelling at the sun and telling it to go away.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 1 day ago, Famas wrote:
The only time I've managed to kill anybody with Unrelenting Force is when I edited the shout effect to use 100,000 newtons of force and sent a dinner plate soaring off of the table in Dragonsreach, impaling a guard near the door in the face with it.

Well maybe all of the shouts that have direct kill effects should do it? And, whenever the kill cam in engaged it seems to be some sort of critical hit. Because I have had tough enemies at half health and then the kill cam move come and just cut them to bits.

BBS Signature
TeleporterFIN
TeleporterFIN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Filmmaker
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

Haven't played in a while, should probably soon..

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mar. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Cootie wrote:
Well maybe all of the shouts that have direct kill effects should do it? And, whenever the kill cam in engaged it seems to be some sort of critical hit. Because I have had tough enemies at half health and then the kill cam move come and just cut them to bits.

I don't think it needs to be a critical hit to trigger the animation, I get them with my fists all the time and I've never landed a crit with my fists before. It would be cool to see some special animations for shouts seeing as they're the entire focus of the game, but then again the only shout I use that isn't Unrelenting Force is Ice Form because it's quite useful when fighting packs of enemies. I'd probably never end up seeing it anyways.

Aren't the only two shouts that actually deal in damage Fire Breath and Frost Breath?

BBS Signature