New Topic Respond to this Topic
ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-19 21:20:38 Reply

New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-19 22:27:15 Reply

At 1 hour ago, ToddM wrote: New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

That is awesome. I was kinda sad that only warriors got cool animations.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-21 04:52:31 Reply

At 1 day ago, ToddM wrote: New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

bethesda does good work

BBS Signature
HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-21 07:29:17 Reply

At 1 day ago, ToddM wrote: New patch coming out 1.5. It will have kill cams for archers and magic users while fixing bugs.

Is this for PC or Xbox 360 or both???

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-21 07:41:30 Reply

At 11 minutes ago, HeadbangingLegend wrote:
Is this for PC or Xbox 360 or both???

I'd say both. Might land on PC earlier, though.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-21 09:28:57 Reply

The patch sounds interesting. Maybe I got lucky, but I never found the Xbox version of Skyrim to be too bad during my time playing although I never finished the game. After next week I do plan on starting the game over since I'll be on a break from uni, although technically I should (and will need to) spend most of the time I have revising.

The addition of new kill cams is nice. I remember them being really repetitive and quite nasty looking from when I played.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-21 11:48:18 Reply

Oh the stories you can tell with that game

Once I killed a chicken and I had to pay a fine, or die. I died. Fought my way out till I took an arrow to the knee.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-21 12:10:07 Reply

At 21 minutes ago, TehPoptartKid wrote: Fought my way out till I took an arrow to the knee.

Just let that meme die already!

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Haydogger
Haydogger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-22 02:05:30 Reply

I can't believe it, i'm sick of Skyrim :O

I'm back into Oblivion at least....

"Music is like candy, you need to throw out the rappers" - Google (or something)
MCFC since birth.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-22 17:01:34 Reply

They say that new spells and ranged attacks will have kill cams, but what about Shouts? Fus Ro Dah is the thing that needs a kill cam the most.

BBS Signature
Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-22 17:56:24 Reply

At 47 minutes ago, Cootie wrote: They say that new spells and ranged attacks will have kill cams, but what about Shouts? Fus Ro Dah is the thing that needs a kill cam the most.

It would be great if they could show you actually shouting somebody to pieces like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King, but unfortunately that shouts are basically worthless as far as damage is concerned, especially if you're playing on a higher difficulty, so actually finishing enemies off with a shout or doing enough damage with it to trigger a kill cam is exceedingly rare at least insofar as I have seen.

The only time I've managed to kill anybody with Unrelenting Force is when I edited the shout effect to use 100,000 newtons of force and sent a dinner plate soaring off of the table in Dragonsreach, impaling a guard near the door in the face with it.

If you're on the PC version though, it really isn't that hard to add some really basic killcam effects on your own with the creation kit.

"R.I.P. Gunther Hermann - 2002-2052

He wanted orange. The world gave him lemon-lime"

BBS Signature
AJtheRipper
AJtheRipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-22 18:01:50 Reply

It would be great if they could show you actually shouting somebody to pieces like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King, but unfortunately that shouts are basically worthless as far as damage is concerned,

^This

But a lot of the time if I'm in a stick situation I use the shout that throws the som'bitch backwards right on the edge of a mountain. Usually kills them ;P.

HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-23 09:06:55 Reply

At 15 hours ago, Famas wrote:
like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King,

Actually, Ulfric didn't shout the High King to pieces, he states it was his blade which killed him. Therefor I don't think it's actually possible to "shout them to pieces" if it's never been done. I guess the purpose of "Force" is just to push back not through.

The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-23 12:53:19 Reply

At 3 hours ago, HeadbangingLegend wrote:
At 15 hours ago, Famas wrote:
like they mention Stormcloak doing to the High King,
Actually, Ulfric didn't shout the High King to pieces, he states it was his blade which killed him. Therefor I don't think it's actually possible to "shout them to pieces" if it's never been done. I guess the purpose of "Force" is just to push back not through.

Force is only lethal when it pushes someone off a mountain or knocks someone down for you to beat them to death. The
"Ulfric shouted him to pieces" thing was just propaganda to make Ulfric look like a merciless brute with inhuman abilities.

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-23 16:12:58 Reply

At 3 hours ago, djack wrote:
Force is only lethal when it pushes someone off a mountain or knocks someone down for you to beat them to death. The
"Ulfric shouted him to pieces" thing was just propaganda to make Ulfric look like a merciless brute with inhuman abilities.

Right, but the Dovahkiin is a level 85 murder machine that suplexes bears and rips dragons apart with their fists. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that Dovahkiin is infinitely stronger in voice than Stormcloak was. Motherfucker probably goes to bed by yelling at the sun and telling it to go away.

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-23 20:59:43 Reply

At 1 day ago, Famas wrote:
The only time I've managed to kill anybody with Unrelenting Force is when I edited the shout effect to use 100,000 newtons of force and sent a dinner plate soaring off of the table in Dragonsreach, impaling a guard near the door in the face with it.

Well maybe all of the shouts that have direct kill effects should do it? And, whenever the kill cam in engaged it seems to be some sort of critical hit. Because I have had tough enemies at half health and then the kill cam move come and just cut them to bits.

BBS Signature
TeleporterFIN
TeleporterFIN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Filmmaker
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-23 21:02:12 Reply

Haven't played in a while, should probably soon..

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-23 22:45:51 Reply

At 1 hour ago, Cootie wrote:
Well maybe all of the shouts that have direct kill effects should do it? And, whenever the kill cam in engaged it seems to be some sort of critical hit. Because I have had tough enemies at half health and then the kill cam move come and just cut them to bits.

I don't think it needs to be a critical hit to trigger the animation, I get them with my fists all the time and I've never landed a crit with my fists before. It would be cool to see some special animations for shouts seeing as they're the entire focus of the game, but then again the only shout I use that isn't Unrelenting Force is Ice Form because it's quite useful when fighting packs of enemies. I'd probably never end up seeing it anyways.

Aren't the only two shouts that actually deal in damage Fire Breath and Frost Breath?

BBS Signature
HeadbangingLegend
HeadbangingLegend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-25 05:34:02 Reply

At 3/23/12 04:12 PM, Famas wrote:
At 3 hours ago, djack wrote:
Right, but the Dovahkiin is a level 85 murder machine that suplexes bears and rips dragons apart with their fists. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that Dovahkiin is infinitely stronger in voice than Stormcloak was. Motherfucker probably goes to bed by yelling at the sun and telling it to go away.

The level cap is 81. Also you can't increase your Shout skill in any way. It seems to stay just as powerful regardless of level. Making your thu'ums stronger would probably require more training and understanding of the words and language, through meditation etc.

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-25 07:17:14 Reply

Still lovin' Skyrim. Too bad I can't get it to run under Windows 8 (Steam just refuses to start any game) so I have to boot my desktop every time I want to play it.

Spilda-Bongwata
Spilda-Bongwata
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-25 10:30:50 Reply

At 3/25/12 07:17 AM, Wolfos wrote: Still lovin' Skyrim. Too bad I can't get it to run under Windows 8 (Steam just refuses to start any game) so I have to boot my desktop every time I want to play it.

windows 8 is a fuckin joke

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-25 14:54:45 Reply

At 3/23/12 10:45 PM, Famas wrote:
Aren't the only two shouts that actually deal in damage Fire Breath and Frost Breath?

The one that summons lighting from the sky also deals direct damage. The other ones just summon things or take control of them.

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-25 15:46:46 Reply

Guys guys guys!

Dragons, fighting, and pillaging!

Why does it have to be boring?

Come onnnnn!

Seriously.

BBS Signature
Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-26 15:02:49 Reply

Keep getting CTD's since the last update, especially in and around Whiterun. Anyone else?

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-26 15:07:53 Reply

Well, some researching later and I'm going to try the Radeon 12.1 drivers (currently have 12.3):
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/12/Pa ges/radeon.aspx?os=Windows%20Vista%20-%2064-Bit%20Edition&re v=12.1

Famas
Famas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-03-26 15:29:04 Reply

At 3/25/12 05:34 AM, HeadbangingLegend wrote:
The level cap is 81.

For Pussy Dovahkiins, maybe.

Also you can't increase your Shout skill in any way. It seems to stay just as powerful regardless of level. Making your thu'ums stronger would probably require more training and understanding of the words and language, through meditation etc.

Yeah, well I didn't literally mean that the player character can reach level 85 and power up his thu'ums with perks, I meant that the Dovahkiin is infinitely stronger than Stormcloak is as far as the lore is concerned, and is much more adept at the use of the voice.

At 3/25/12 02:54 PM, Cootie wrote:
The one that summons lighting from the sky also deals direct damage. The other ones just summon things or take control of them.

I've used it once or twice, but it's never actually procced the damage effect for me, probably because I just waste everything with destruction magic before it gets the chance.

At 3/26/12 03:02 PM, Wolfos wrote: Keep getting CTD's since the last update, especially in and around Whiterun. Anyone else?

No, in fact I'm on the latest 69XX drivers and before the patch my display driver would stop working every now and again, but after the patch I've yet to have it happen.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-04-02 20:13:40 Reply

At 4/2/12 06:33 PM, Timchik wrote: An interesting story:
I was talking to Warmaiden's husband who mentioned her death. So, I tried the player.moveto script to teleport to her. Apparently there is a small room under Whiterun where all the dead NPCs go.

Sort of like how there's a chest under every shop that holds all of the items they sell.
Apprently Bethesda sucks at coding.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-04-05 00:24:20 Reply

At 4/4/12 05:01 PM, Timchik wrote:
At 4/2/12 08:13 PM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 4/2/12 06:33 PM, Timchik wrote: An interesting story:
I was talking to Warmaiden's husband who mentioned her death. So, I tried the player.moveto script to teleport to her. Apparently there is a small room under Whiterun where all the dead NPCs go.
Sort of like how there's a chest under every shop that holds all of the items they sell.
Apprently Bethesda sucks at coding.
I have ANOTHER story:
After messing around in Solitude by spawning frost trolls everywhere, the trolls got out of hand and I spawned a bunch of imperial soldiers. After a while I came back and they are now spectral draugr, and I get a bounty for attacking them. Also, some guard corpses have drainheart swords.

Only Bethesda can release a completely unpolished game and get GOTY pretty much everywhere.
If we didn't love the games so much, I bet Bethesda would actually fix some stuff.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
TehPoptartKid
TehPoptartKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-04-05 03:27:41 Reply

Skyrim: Halted Stream: Time to pillage!

So there I be! Halted Stream, ready to pillage and attack. I thought it was going to be easy when all of a sudden I see a fortress. Then, I'm cautious. Me and my bodyguard tread softly through the grass lieing in wait until my bodyguard fires the first arrow. POOOOOOM!

The first enemy comes out of the fortress, and it's an elemental bandit. Oh craaap! BOOM! He fires some magic on me, and I shoot a few arrows at him. Twack twack twack! He's almost dead, and down for the count. He gets closer, and fires magic at me again. Then twack! I shoot the last arrow, and he dies. Then all of a sudden, five more bandits come out of the fortress, and 2 to five hardly seems fair. So then I charge! I switch my bow to my axe, and my body guard stays behind shooting arrows and watching my back. I see my next target, and attack! CRUNCH! My axe kills the enemy I targeted, but then the enemy next to him finds my blind spot and gets my side. BAM! My health drops to fifty percent, and I have to think fast. I swoop my axe on his body, and he dies next. Twack twack twack! My bodyguard fired a few more arrows and killed another bandit. I then take on the rest of the bandits with low health, and two minutes later of fighting, I win! I AM VICTORIOUS! 25 percent health left.

But lo, and behold, I am not done yet with the fight. Two wolves from the forest attack my blind spots, and I panic. With almost being dead, I try to attack. Cinematic mode killing for the first one, and the other one, the axe chopped him to death easily.

After all the bandits and wolves are dead, I take all of their stuff, and tread carefully inside their encampment. I found some good stuff to pillage for sure, I found a mammoth trunk, and a few other food items. What a good haul! HA HA HA!
And that be the end of Halted Stream.

BBS Signature
ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 2012-04-07 11:45:04 Reply

Well the patch is out for consoles. Some new kill cams for 1h and 2h with archery and magic attacks.

Funny thing for me after the patch the next location I fast travelled to spawned bandits and dragur.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature