00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MAYHEMWEIRDO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew

709,516 Views | 5,961 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-20 16:18:22

So I was playing on this server Donut told me about, where pvp and stealing are encouraged.
My base got raided, but I saved all my shit. I had to move somewhere else though, since people knew where I was.
So, me, Donut, and a few other guys moved to a new place in some desert. I went off to look for a guy I was with before, but lost, and found out he was in a group with people about 2000 meters away. So I went off to go find him, and on the way some twat came out of nowhere and killed me. Took my shit.
I respawned pissed, and found the group my friend was in, he had logged off just before I got there. So the whole trip was for nothing. But, the asshole that stole my stuff was there, and I got it back from him.
Then, on the way back to our base, I fell off a suddenly super steep cliff and died. Lost all my stuff. I went back to find it, but wound up going to the exact opposite coordinates I thought I should have. I went to -400, 400 instead of 400, -400.

Now I'm pissed and giving up on that server until they restart for 1.2.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-20 16:42:14

At 21 minutes ago, Squidbit wrote:

:stuff

Now I'm pissed and giving up on that server until they restart for 1.2.

Wow man, that sorta sucks. I couldn't handle that becuase I feel like I'd end up very much alone, and unless I move way the fuck out of nowhere to live as a nomad, but that defeats the purpose of a server lol.

My Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzum1 11

If you get a ban, it was totally worth it. 10/10, I love you. -Skaren

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-20 17:08:50

So after hearing how great minecraft was, i really wanted to try it. I paid about Ã'£17 for it and created my account. After i set all that up, i downloaded the startup file, Minecraft.exe. It downloaded game packages and such but when it finished loading, it crashed and closed and i got an error file?

I re-downloaded everything but it still does the same thing. So i tried it on my old notebook, but the RAM and everything on it is shit, plus the screen colours are messed up from my little brother. I simply cant play it on my notebook, it lags and it's unbearable. But it works on that notebook but not my laptop?

Anyone eles have any similar situations or could provide help?

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-20 18:19:23

At 1 hour ago, Squidbit wrote: So I was playing on this server Donut told me about, where pvp and stealing are encouraged.

Are there any safe zones on that server (can't enter someone else's door), or is it just run-and-hide?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-20 19:05:37

At 40 minutes ago, Painbringer wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Squidbit wrote: So I was playing on this server Donut told me about, where pvp and stealing are encouraged.
Are there any safe zones on that server (can't enter someone else's door), or is it just run-and-hide?

No safe zones. Most people spend most of their time finding houses and robbing the fuck out of them, which is why you should group up or hide your house.
I wouldn't even have been mad if I was in my house and the guy killed and robbed me, but he just randomly killed me out in the woods for no damn reason. He wasn't even out robbing shit, he was on his way home.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-21 06:07:17

At 10 hours ago, Squidbit wrote:
At 40 minutes ago, Painbringer wrote:
No safe zones.

Well that's why i would build my house into a mountain and make it look 100% normal on the outside, you can't even see a door or otherwise, it would look all natural. Then again I wouldn't want to live on backstab island anyways.

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-21 10:49:44

Here's a pic of the large buildings in my castle map.

The cottage should be visible but I suppose it didn't load fast enough.

if we release the gingers we are all in terrible danger

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-21 11:00:59

i suppose i didnt give the image long enough to load

now to wait for double-post

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-21 11:17:58

obviously not finished

i started it last week and probably worked on it for half a dozen hours

my first time experimenting with roofs and staircases. i will try to post some pictures of the interior of the residents tower.

the inside of the tallest tower (aptly named the residents tower) is extensively complicated and i often got lost while trying to build it. it is fully functional with a large smelting room with a crafting bench and storage on every level. there are currently 6 beds in the tower, occupying the 2 current residential floors with an exclusive fifth floor which still needs to be furnished. a water chute exists and the only access to it is from the fifth floor. it has safety bars on every other floor preventing any accidents (though it doesn't make sense considering it is a single player creative map lol) I think I'll stop building towards the sky for now until i figure out how tall my roof will need to be. in the next few days of mc work i will add some contrast to the walls of the courtyard since they will be the lowest and the barracks will be 3 floors high. if i'm not tired by then i will hopefully get to adding more windows in the residents tower.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-22 08:18:07

Well would you look at that

<3

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-22 09:16:06

Keep taking screenshots of what you've built guys! I love seeing them

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-22 14:52:18

At 6 hours ago, Squidbit wrote: Well would you look at that
<3

I have even weirder looking natural cliffs in my creative mode world...

One of them is a spire with lava flowing out the side, and a single tree on top.

The other is too difficult for even a geologist to explain.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-22 15:44:51

the battle for evermore, best song for minecrafting

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-22 17:11:38

At 7 hours ago, AshleKetchem wrote: Keep taking screenshots of what you've built guys! I love seeing them

I am glad to hear that! I am also releasing a beta of my current adventure/exploration map. I am putting a few finishing touches signs and stuff as well as sleeping to set the spawn, I will then convert it to survival and well this post will have a dumping grounds link. I can't post it on the MC forums becuase they do not allow WIP's anymore.

Download me make me feel good! -----> New exploration map

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-22 23:30:59

I've built myself yet another pyramid in survival mode.

This one I built on Squidbit's server, and is much smaller than my previous pyramid.

This one has a height of 12 meters (39 feet, 4 and 7/16 inches) and took exactly 529 stone to build.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-23 09:04:36

Well my new map already got a few upgrades from after I posted it, still no one has said anything about how they feel about it.

I added a fancy pants elevator at the end of the track line, I took the better part of an hour, designing one from a tut, only to find it doesn't work in 1.1 becuase..fucking 1.1. The problem was you get stuck in the pistons so I had to settle for a albit simplistic, very easy but effective design. I think it looks alright, and who doesn't like fancy redstone stuff in a map huh?

Update as of this post. Took a screen shot for you, and went around, lit up more of the ground of the pyramid, as well as hid a total of 40 glistening melon throughout. The Adamatine tower will have a different collectable.

Also, still taking ideas for my 3rd superstructure, Already did my pyramid and the old adamatine tower.

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-23 11:49:49

At 2 days ago, Squidbit wrote: So I was playing on this server Donut told me about, where pvp and stealing are encouraged.
My base got raided, but I saved all my shit. I had to move somewhere else though, since people knew where I was.

That server sounds fun, any chance I can get the IP?

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-23 15:12:47

fuzzum are you making this an adventure map?

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-23 15:14:39

why does my PC insist on opening files with half life 2

wtf man

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-23 16:06:29

At 48 minutes ago, undeadcl0wn-4 wrote: why does my PC insist on opening files with half life 2

wtf man

Are your document files set to open with Half-Life 2?

Pretty lame prank, I'd say.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-23 16:36:12

At 1 hour ago, undeadcl0wn-4 wrote: fuzzum are you making this an adventure map?

Yes, you will be reading signs, and collecting...things. While oogling at my creation!

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 00:02:31

At 7 hours ago, Painbringer wrote:
At 48 minutes ago, undeadcl0wn-4 wrote: why does my PC insist on opening files with half life 2

wtf man
Are your document files set to open with Half-Life 2?

Pretty lame prank, I'd say.

man the worst part is apparently i have NO OTHER SOFTWARE on my PC to open this shit

which im sure is fucking untrue, i thought windows had a default like media player

when i download a file from the internet its usually a movie so i always open with utorrent but it also gives me options for media player and itunes

when i try to open anything like a zipped file or whatever the file posted was exactly... it says cannot open with HL2... and there is no programs listed im confused as hell

/rant

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 02:38:40

What you need to do, is when you open it, it should ask you what program you want to open it with, clock browse, and find like winrar or whatever program you have, and tell it to use that, and click the checkbox that will make it use that for every filetype like that.

My Youtube channel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 04:07:42

Can't wait for 1.2, first thing i'm doing is building a house in an npc village just for the zombie seiges.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 05:16:31

I've completed my next project - The Double Pyramid!

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 16:02:53

At 10 hours ago, Painbringer wrote: I've completed my next project - The Double Pyramid!

Challenge: Turn it into an hour glass.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 18:45:08

At 2 hours ago, Kanon wrote: Challenge: Turn it into an hour glass.

That would require redstone propulsion, of which I have absolutely no experience with.

I might just place another normal pyramid on top or something.

My supply of stone seems inexhaustible.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-24 22:14:23

Does anyone else think that the hunger bar ruined survival?

"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed." - Charlie Chaplin

"The Broken Window"

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-25 02:37:15

I added another layer to my pyramid - Now what?

I've got all this stone, and don't know what to do with it.

If I had more land I would just build one huge sea-to-sky pyramid.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2012-02-25 03:20:58

At 1 day ago, Tycrane wrote:
At 2 days ago, Squidbit wrote: So I was playing on this server Donut told me about, where pvp and stealing are encouraged.
That server sounds fun, any chance I can get the IP?

play.minerapocalypse.com
When I first tried to join, it took me a while to realize I was typing minecraftapocalypse instead of minerapocalypse.