00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew

707,968 Views | 5,961 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Welcome to the Newgrounds Minecraft Crew!

What is Minecraft you may ask?

It's basically a survival game where you run around collecting blocks, making or smelting them into different objects and using them to survive or build gigantic buildings. The game has also the option to play online with many different Minecraft players.

Where can I get this game?

You can find it on Minecraft's website. Since it there isn't a full version of this game yet, be sure to get it quickly for just 9.95 euros which is equal to roughly 13 dollars.

Where can I find the tutorials for this game?

If you are a beginner, this Youtuber has a playlist dedicated to Minecraft. Watch his first few videos, then you will understand the basics on how to play.

What are the rules?

- No flaming
- No trolling
- Do not spam pictures of your amazing structures
- Be helpful to the beginners if they are asking questions
- Rule 10
- ???
- Profit

-------------------------

Any member that has Minecraft is allowed to join this crew. Remember, we're here to have fun, so please don't come in here to cause trouble.

Enjoi.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 18:53:30

I'll join. I've been playing for months now. I have played quite a bit of SMP too.

The minecraft wiki is also a great resource for help on the game

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 18:55:37

At 10/10/10 06:53 PM, SineRider wrote: I'll join. I've been playing for months now. I have played quite a bit of SMP too.

Awesome. I just started playing this game a few hours ago and I'm already hooked.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 18:58:16

I'll join, I love Minecraft, and I can't wait to jizz all over my screen on the 31st, when the Pumpkin Patch (haha!) comes out.

We do already have a thread dedicated to Minecraft in the Video Games forum, so I don't see why this is necessary, but oh well.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 18:59:18

At 10/10/10 06:58 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
We do already have a thread dedicated to Minecraft in the Video Games forum, so I don't see why this is necessary, but oh well.

Every game needs a crew :3

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 19:15:24

I've never played once, although I went to the website at one point to download it I think I got confused on how to. I found some torrent and it just looked totally complicated, but I'd like to play.

I follow Charizard's Adventures in Minecraft on youtube because I can't play it myself :(

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 19:23:04

Well, I'll figure that I'll start us off, with a bridge I built a couple of weeks ago.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 20:57:00

There is also a Minecraft topic in the Video Games forum.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 21:30:47

I play this game, use my little brother's account though because I'm too poor to buy it myself at the moment.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 21:57:36

Finally! The club I need but have been unwilling too create.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 23:46:49

So who's going to be the one too set up the official server?

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-10 23:54:02

About time! I always knew that there was going to be a Minecraft crew sooner or later. I've been introduced to it, and prodded into buying alpha, by several friends and since known it's extremely addictive properties.

I, for one, play almost exclusively on peaceful mode because I really can't be arsed to deal with monsters while I'm building a new house or whatnot. I might have to play on higher difficulties if I'm going to obtain the records for my jukeboxes. Speaking of which, I've constructed two homes in separate locations that are carved inside mountains. I recently found a third location which I might turn into a house.

Also, does anyone keep track of which way is north? Sometimes when I travel far from my home(s), I "jump stack" a bunch of material blocks and, judging by the sun's rise and descent, mark the north-facing side of the tower with some torches.

Anyways, best wishes for this crew. Keep crafting!

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 01:25:03

At 10/10/10 11:54 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Also, does anyone keep track of which way is north?

The clouds always move north. This is your natural compass.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 02:07:00

At 10/11/10 01:25 AM, ironraven24 wrote:
At 10/10/10 11:54 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Also, does anyone keep track of which way is north?
The clouds always move north. This is your natural compass.

Huh... never noticed that. Thanks! Fortunately my idea isn't all lost by this revelation. It does make a very convenient beacon so that I can trace back my route.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 04:36:22

At 10/10/10 11:46 PM, Jolly wrote: So who's going to be the one too set up the official server?

My brother has or had one. Not sure if it's still up or what... I'll talk to him about it tomorrow, he's asleep.
I'm working on building a house right now, I just started a new game on single player, it's on top of a nice hill... Got a good view too.
Could just be me being color blind, but it's hard as hell to see at night, that mountain looks cool as hell though... I plan on exploring the area I live in more tomorrow and then work on a tunnel from that mountain to my house somehow... I'll make it happen. I haven't had much time today though.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 04:44:24

I'm just working on this stupid tunnel right now.
Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 10:30:03

Here is a screenshot of my smp island

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 13:16:59

At 10/11/10 10:30 AM, SineRider wrote: Here is a screenshot of my smp island

Oh mah gawd, how long did that take you?

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 14:51:17

That's really awesome...

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 16:21:27

I'm starting a new world after two days of getting the basics down. I got a shelter in a really nice place in the mountains, has a pretty cool view.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 16:31:12

Sssssss....

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 16:35:07

I've been playing this game since it came out. It has improved so much over the past year.

Here is a quick screenshot of my latest mini-mega-project!

my opinion = fact

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:03:02

I really can't wait for the halloween patch to come out... I was addicted to this game for a long time but took a good few months break, now I'm learning all the basics and what not without my brothers help, cause he basically did everything for me and I never learned much. Now I'm getting the hang of it and have a nice tunnel going from my basement to some other tunnels... Not sure what I'm going to work on anytime soon, just getting supplies for now I guess... Mining the craft.

What do you do with grilled pork? I'm just looking on the wiki under things you can smelt because I was making glass for windows.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:12:35

At 10/11/10 05:03 PM, EpicFail wrote: I really can't wait for the halloween patch to come out... I was addicted to this game for a long time but took a good few months break,

I took a week break. The first day I played it, I played it for 12 hours.

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:18:14

I got plans for leveling out the top of my mountain where I have my shelter. I build a small hallway to the house area . Going to be a huge house, planning to have four stories for it.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:24:01

At 10/11/10 05:18 PM, Sequenced wrote: I got plans for leveling out the top of my mountain where I have my shelter. I build a small hallway to the house area . Going to be a huge house, planning to have four stories for it.

When are you going to put this club in your sig?

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:28:09

At 10/11/10 05:03 PM, EpicFail wrote: What do you do with grilled pork? I'm just looking on the wiki under things you can smelt because I was making glass for windows.

You eat it to regain health.

Uncooked Pork: 1 1/2 Hearts
Cooked Pork: 4 Hearts.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:38:03

At 10/11/10 05:24 PM, Jolly wrote:
At 10/11/10 05:18 PM, Sequenced wrote: I got plans for leveling out the top of my mountain where I have my shelter. I build a small hallway to the house area . Going to be a huge house, planning to have four stories for it.
When are you going to put this club in your sig?

I might as well, you must too to get this club exposure :P

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:47:21

Oh my god, it's beautiful.

This has restarted the flame that compelled me to play minecraft (Bought it mid-year, haven't played since June).

What's the name of the server you're on? I want in.

Videogames are my favorite videogames

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Minecraft Survival Crew 2010-10-11 17:52:58

At 10/11/10 05:28 PM, ironraven24 wrote:
You eat it to regain health.

Alright, figured as much. I'm just playing on Peaceful mode right now so I can get some shit done without worrying about mobs at the moment.. Gonna change that soon I think.