00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

627,833 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2004-04-02 20:33:26

this is a good tune low g chord---------4---------6------------5----------------8

Response to Guitarists 2004-04-02 21:37:48

Hello my name is Chris and im a guitaraholic.

I've been playing for about a month and a week give or take. I have a fender strat but i didn't even wanted it really I wanted a B.C. Rich Warlock but whatever I bet my parents will give me one for my birthday or Christmas. My favorite bands are Metallica,Led Zepplin,Mudvayne,Ac-Dc,Black Sabbath,Cky,Tenacious D,Mushroomhead,Slipknot,Ect. yeah I'm just that uber 1337.

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2004-07-14 11:16:34

hey, i think i already posted in here somewhere, but we gotta geta big guitarist crew here, i have one song im working on, but i dont want to share it becuase it sounds amazing and i worked a long time on it, and i dont want no one to steal it, anyway, i got a Black Magic Profile, favorite band Jimi Hendrix Experience, and in like 2 months, i will be playing for 2 years, but i only really played for 1, becuase i got my guitar about two years ago, but i really only started about a year later, but im not bad at guitar, right now im learning the purple haze solo, and it seems to be really easy.

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-20 05:07:40

At 3/22/04 09:46 PM, second_sun wrote:
1) Epiphone Gibson Special edition and a 1997 Traditional style stratocaster hard tail SX custom made.
2) Anything I learn
3) A little over 4 years

|-------0----------0--------0----------0----7--7----7--0--7--8--7--5-7--5--
0--0
|-----0--0------0--0-----0--0------0--0------------------------------------
----------
|---0------0--0------0--0-----0--0-----------------------------------------
----------
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------
|-0----------0----------0--------0-----------------------------------------
------------

The first part of 'Nothing else matters' by Metallica

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-20 05:09:31

Noooo!

My tabbing Fucked up!

Waah!

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-20 05:20:28

Gday
Id like to sign up
I play electric, bass, and ecoustic :)
I am a mediocre to good player, mostly play old stuff between the beatles and queen era's
Note: If you want to put up tabs do them in paint, that way the image doesnt change

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-28 02:33:29

My guitar is an ESP F-100FM with stock pickups and a 20watt practice drive amp

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-28 02:39:30

Hi. I'm Grim_T, of course, and I have been playing since I was 12 or 13 yaers old, making that 6 or 7 yaers. All my guitars are homemade (I carve the bodies and wire the electronics and carve the pickguards) and my favorite band, as far as the guitars go, would have to be Dissection, Rising Force, or Nocturnal Rites.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-28 02:45:40

Oh, and here's the tab for a "Son of Mourning" riff by Dissection:

[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[-------------------------------------------------3-2-------]
[------------------------------------------------------3-2--]
[0-0-0-1-1-1-0-0-0-3-3-1-0-0-1-1-0-1------------]

Played as triplet eighth notes at around 150-160 bpm. Other riffs in the song are so hard I can't even transcribe them; This is an easy one by comparison.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-28 03:31:08

im a guitarist can i join? ive got an aria acoustic and a washburn x series lecty

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-30 01:30:39

Anybody know who B. C. Rich is? I'm gonna get a BC Rich Virgin in a month (when the shipment gets in) and I think it's fucking awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-30 04:43:05

A waldon giutar i got for Christmas its fucking beutiful My fave band is queen And so far i know 18 chords

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-30 07:57:08

I am playing guitar for about 5 months now. I can play under the bridge (r.h.c.p's) and stairway to heaven ^^

Playing guitar rocks.

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-30 17:43:45

Does any one know the rythm part or chords to Atomic by Blondie. I love that song and i only know the part where it goes dun dun dun dooooo du du du dun dun dundooooo. Oh c'mon you all know what im talking about

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-30 19:34:46

At 3/22/04 09:46 PM, second_sun wrote: looking for all newgrounds guitarists, to share tabs for songs, and shit like that. say what kind of guitar u have, your favorite band, how long you've been playing, and then keep posting.

Guitars -
1.Yamaha Acoustic. i'm not sure it's exact model name, but yeah
2. Epiphone Les Paul Standard. (black)

Favourite Band - White Zombie

Experience - 2 years and 3 months (got my first guitar on Christmas of 2003)

for TABs, i usually go to Guitartabs.cc

check out the NG audio portal. but not right now, cause my only two uploads suck. i'll get to recording new stuff this weekend.

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-30 21:13:22

I'd like to join, I have an Ibanex ICX120, and Fender Strat, and a few 15 Fret Acoustic Guitars.
My favourite band is Iron Maiden, and I also like Iced Earth and System of a down.
I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half.

About tabs - Don't try to copy and plaste your Favourite tabs onto this forum, 95% of the time it fucks up. Just link to the tab you like, or start using Guitar Pro 4. (Reccomended).

Another thing, Does anyone know a site where I can host a small MIDI file?

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-31 00:11:53

Anybody haer who makes their own guitars? I enjoy doing so, actually. The BC Rich Virgin will be my only non-homemade guitar. Funny, eh?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-31 02:01:51

...bass guitar anyways...

i have a crappy fender strat rip and it has a label on the headstock that says DINOSAUR!

yeah... got it for $100 so w/e...

it has a shit load of dings in it as well as a drum stick hole from when my drummer threw a stick at me cause i wouldn't stop playing... he's got good aim...

I'm big into led zepplin and red hot chili peppers right now add incubus to that list too... yeah

ive been for only about a year but somehow my band managed to win my schools battle of the bands

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-31 02:15:44

All right, I have an Art & Lutherie acoustic, and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. (Hopefully a Gibson hollow body of some sort soon) I've been playing for... ooh, I think three years now. My favorite band is fluctuating as of late. Probably Dire Straits or The Blue Oyster Cult.

Although you never asked, I'll say it anyway, my 'style' or lack thereof is fingerpicking. Mark Knopfler is amazing in that regard, part of why I like Dire Straits so much. Anyway, I'll include how I learn/ are learning/ play. I use tabs, despite some of their drawbacks, also, I'm learning to play by ear and use keys. Since using notes and stuff is like code-breaking for me... I'm just hopeless at it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-31 02:44:57

At 3/31/05 01:14 AM, sliggdogg wrote: When I get back home to Australia I'll whip out my recording shit and play some shit for all of you :)

Listen to my death metal stuff and a few of my more technical black metal stuff. You will see my many hours of practice shine through the mix. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-03-31 02:53:33

...metal...

meh

usually when I listen to metal all I hear is heavy distortion and slight pitch changes

so whatever you guys are playing there is no point playing anything 'hard' because people can't tell the difference

like this one local band I saw play, I heard distortion the entire time and then the 'singer' screamed the whole time, I don't think he sang a single note. also they had some weird 'stage tactics'; they whipped around a lot and just a ton of thrashing...

so in other words they sucked, but they had a cool name - "the bacon"

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-02 04:36:36

At 3/31/05 02:53 AM, Little_NayNay_27 wrote: ...metal...

meh

usually when I listen to metal all I hear is heavy distortion and slight pitch changes

so whatever you guys are playing there is no point playing anything 'hard' because people can't tell the difference

like this one local band I saw play, I heard distortion the entire time and then the 'singer' screamed the whole time, I don't think he sang a single note. also they had some weird 'stage tactics'; they whipped around a lot and just a ton of thrashing...

so in other words they sucked, but they had a cool name - "the bacon"

Well, I don't know what metal you're listening too, but most of the metal I listen to has a claer melody, with entrancing harmonies and good atmosphere. Also, if you listen more than half heartedly, you will pick out the lines. Most of it isn't fuzz, anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-02 23:38:25

At 3/31/05 02:15 AM, TheCatsLeotards wrote: All right, I have an Art & Lutherie acoustic, and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. (Hopefully a Gibson hollow body of some sort soon) I've been playing for... ooh, I think three years now. My favorite band is fluctuating as of late. Probably Dire Straits or The Blue Oyster Cult.

Although you never asked, I'll say it anyway, my 'style' or lack thereof is fingerpicking. Mark Knopfler is amazing in that regard, part of why I like Dire Straits so much. Anyway, I'll include how I learn/ are learning/ play. I use tabs, despite some of their drawbacks, also, I'm learning to play by ear and use keys. Since using notes and stuff is like code-breaking for me... I'm just hopeless at it.

Your guitar taste will kill your wallet eventually. :( Gibson hollowbodies are expensive! I like the snarly tone of solidbody guitars like fender better anyway. I like small, light, bodies with preferably twinrail pickups and a tremolo and oogles of switches. I have a guitar made out of swamp ash that has a gutsy, screaming Carvin TBH60 twinrail at bridge and a hot, snarky Carvin AP11 single coil in the middle and a meaty, sinewy Carvin S60N single coil at the neck. It has a standard fender tremolo, nothing special there, but it has a neat looking black perloid pickguard and a series parallel switch for the bridge and an on/off switch for the bridge. It is the best guitar I made and I'm very proud of it.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-04 22:49:07

Hey, I'll join.
Guitar: Fenders Squire Stratocaster, and going to get a BC Rich NJ Beast soon.
Favorite Bands: Iron Maiden, In Flames. and Judas Priest
Playing For: About 1 1/2 years

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-05 00:14:07

well, I've had an acoustic guitar about 6 years ago and I never touched it. I got an electric guitar about 3 years ago and again I never touched it. Now I'm playing my guitar once in a while when I'm not working. The first thing I've been trying to do is learn to play "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stone, but I dont think I can learn it within two weeks unless I practice....but I'm always working. I like playing guitar, it's relaxing especially when your smoking....

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-05 01:27:06

heheheh this would probably be the best club for me to join, because of my name and all, but im not that great of a guitarist. still, i know the intros to a coulpe of songs and some other things.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-09 14:39:42

At 4/4/05 10:49 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Hey, I'll join.
Guitar: Fenders Squire Stratocaster, and going to get a BC Rich NJ Beast soon.
Favorite Bands: Iron Maiden, In Flames. and Judas Priest
Playing For: About 1 1/2 years

Cool, another club we're both in. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-10 14:40:51

I've got a Jackson Kelley. I've been playin for about a year and a few months.

List o my favorite bands (in order from best to worst):
Jimi Hendrix Experience/AC/DC (they're tied)
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin (they've got a lot of filler kinda but they're the kings of rock)
Sex Pistols/Ramones
Blue Oyster Cult

That's prolly wrong but I can't remember right now.

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-10 16:02:12

At 4/10/05 02:40 PM, TehBigC wrote: I've got a Jackson Kelley. I've been playin for about a year and a few months.

does it have teh floyd rose tremolo?

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-04-10 19:22:11

yeah. it's awesome!