Be a Supporter!

Guitarists

• 13,524 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
<deleted>
Response to Guitarists May. 1st, 2005 @ 03:38 AM Reply

At 4/30/05 10:30 PM, DarkLlama wrote: What's your band's name? Also, what genre of music do you guys play?

I'm guessing hardcore/death/black metal,judging by the look of his gat

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 1st, 2005 @ 02:02 PM Reply

At 5/1/05 03:38 AM, Y9 wrote:
At 4/30/05 10:30 PM, DarkLlama wrote: What's your band's name? Also, what genre of music do you guys play?
I'm guessing hardcore/death/black metal,judging by the look of his gat

Never judge what someone plays by the look of their Guitar, but the Guitar itself.
For Example: BC Rich, as well as the Flying V Guitars, are some of the best Metal Guitars, so if they play one of those, its gonna be one of Metal's subgenres, if not a mix of a couple of them.

And his band is called Midian, and it is Black Metal. You would know that if you just looked at his sig. ;)

Lkoz91
Lkoz91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 2nd, 2005 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 4/25/05 07:04 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: And here is your faded sig :)

Thank you!

Lkoz91
Lkoz91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 2nd, 2005 @ 05:32 PM Reply

I play in a band too! We mostly play rock but we're trying to get my friend's trumpet in some and my other friend's bagpipes too. I'm either guitarist or drummer :)

Attack-Weasel
Attack-Weasel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 2nd, 2005 @ 05:36 PM Reply

I've been playin for a lil over a year now, but my whole life if my guitar. I play like...lol 5 or more hours a day. I play a sunburst Fender Strat with a kick ass neck. I put some custom Lone Star pickups in it and it sounds great. SRV fan!

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 2nd, 2005 @ 07:14 PM Reply

Little update here... I have finnaly gotten enough money for my new Guitar, a BC Rich Beast, I ordered it online yesterday and it should come on the mail either this or next week :)

At 5/2/05 05:36 PM, Attack-Weasel wrote: I've been playin for a lil over a year now, but my whole life if my guitar. I play like...lol 5 or more hours a day. I play a sunburst Fender Strat with a kick ass neck. I put some custom Lone Star pickups in it and it sounds great. SRV fan!

Here's your sig.
If anyone wants me to make them one of the newer sigs, with the glowing and the cool background, let me know.

Guitarists

captain-iron-skull
captain-iron-skull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 03:56 AM Reply

nice choice.
-Ibanez JEM2KDNA (i'm sooo lucky)
-steve vai
-5 years

Aitken136
Aitken136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 10:59 AM Reply

am i too late to join or.............. anyway i just join ng today

1) stagg les paul
2) jimi hendrix
3) 3 1/2 years

can someone help me with a sig please

thanks 136

Aitken136
Aitken136
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 11:09 AM Reply

oh yeah ond my guitar looks really like slash's guitar can someone please make me a sig

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 5/2/05 05:36 PM, Attack-Weasel wrote: . I play like...lol 5 or more hours a day.

lol I used to but I cut it down to 3 hours a day.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 5/3/05 11:09 AM, Aitken136 wrote: oh yeah ond my guitar looks really like slash's guitar can someone please make me a sig

Just tell me what color your guitar is and I will make the sig as soon as I can.

At 5/3/05 03:56 AM, captain_iron_skull wrote: nice choice.
-Ibanez JEM2KDNA (i'm sooo lucky)
-steve vai
-5 years

If you want a sig, I need to know the color of your guitar.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 4/30/05 10:30 PM, DarkLlama wrote:

What's your band's name? Also, what genre of music do you guys play?

Midian, and it isn't GUYS, it's guy. It's a one man band.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 3rd, 2005 @ 10:30 PM Reply

At 5/3/05 09:42 PM, The_Ghoul wrote:

Woah, its just you?
Didn't know that.

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 01:36 AM Reply

At 5/3/05 10:30 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:

Woah, its just you?
Didn't know that.

My band that I have with my friends is called Black Death. Midian is just my side project (well not really, it was my first heavy metal experience) but it's my solo project. I have a several guitars, a bass, an electric drumkit, and a US 122 in my apartment, so yeah.

On the downside, all my recent stuff (within the past 4 or so songs) has been made sans bass. :( my bass is broken and I've been procrastinating on fixing it.

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 03:13 AM Reply

At 5/4/05 01:36 AM, The_Ghoul wrote:
At 5/3/05 10:30 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:

Woah, its just you?
Didn't know that.
My band that I have with my friends is called Black Death. Midian is just my side project (well not really, it was my first heavy metal experience) but it's my solo project. I have a several guitars, a bass, an electric drumkit, and a US 122 in my apartment, so yeah.

On the downside, all my recent stuff (within the past 4 or so songs) has been made sans bass. :( my bass is broken and I've been procrastinating on fixing it.

I hope you can get your bass fixed soon, as with me... my amp broke.
I think its time for a new friggen amp, its a pathetic little Fenders Squire Amp that came with my Squire Guitar, which I have had both for about 8 years now. I got then on my 7th brithday, lol.
My Dad is going to give me his Fender Twin , but I need a smaller one aswell, one that I can easily carry from place to place... like my now fucked up Squire Amp. I need suggestions here, maybe one that can give me some good overdrive :)

ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 03:36 AM Reply

At 5/4/05 03:13 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
My Dad is going to give me his Fender Twin , but I need a smaller one aswell, one that I can easily carry from place to place... like my now fucked up Squire Amp. I need suggestions here, maybe one that can give me some good overdrive :)

Crate XT 15. I have it, it sounds 95% like a 30 watt tube (it's only 15 watts and it's solid state) and it has gutsy tone with heavy lows but not overpowering lows, gives a lot of meat to your tone, some heavy crunch and searing solos, very fat tone.

BBS Signature
Jimmy-Cut-Throat
Jimmy-Cut-Throat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 05:16 AM Reply

I have been playing for about 2 years I got 1 kingston guitar and a awsome PowerPuffGirl Fender Guitar I won off catoonnetwork. Yea its awsome lol and plays priity good. Its got Mojo jojo on it lol.

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 5/4/05 05:16 AM, SinFilledHeart wrote: I have been playing for about 2 years I got 1 kingston guitar and a awsome PowerPuffGirl Fender Guitar I won off catoonnetwork. Yea its awsome lol and plays priity good. Its got Mojo jojo on it lol.

I ghly doubt I will be alble to make you a sig with the Power Puff Girls Fender, unless you can give me a good pic of it. but If you can tell me the color of your Kingston... and what kind of kingston it is I can make you a sig.

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 5/4/05 03:36 AM, The_Ghoul wrote: Crate XT 15. I have it, it sounds 95% like a 30 watt tube (it's only 15 watts and it's solid state) and it has gutsy tone with heavy lows but not overpowering lows, gives a lot of meat to your tone, some heavy crunch and searing solos, very fat tone.

Woah, this is exactly what I am looking for, a good practice amp.
Thanks dude.

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 4th, 2005 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 5/4/05 05:09 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Woah, this is exactly what I am looking for, a good practice amp.
Thanks dude.

I can also recommend the Peavey Blazer 158. It has 15 Watts but it can get pretty fucking loud for practicing :) Also has reverb. Or just get the Roland Microcube. Has 2 Watts, but great effects, etc. Good for practicing.

Check out my new Mystical Dominion Webzine

BBS Signature
ElGhoulio
ElGhoulio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Guitarists May. 5th, 2005 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 5/4/05 05:26 PM, Goatchrist wrote:
At 5/4/05 05:09 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Woah, this is exactly what I am looking for, a good practice amp.
Thanks dude.
I can also recommend the Peavey Blazer 158. It has 15 Watts but it can get pretty fucking loud for practicing :) Also has reverb. Or just get the Roland Microcube. Has 2 Watts, but great effects, etc. Good for practicing.

Never heard of either, but 2 watts? Damn. That's like nothing! Oh well. I also have a crate BX100 at my apartment, w/ a Carvin 18 inch speaker and a Carvin four inch tweeter. It sounds awesome, but I only use it for band rehearsals, not for recording.

BBS Signature
Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 5th, 2005 @ 10:37 PM Reply

At 5/4/05 05:26 PM, Goatchrist wrote:
Thanks dude.

Thanks for the reccomendations... I dont need a amp that size, I used to have a battery powerd Fender but itw asnt really that good.
In other news... My BC Rich came in, and It is fucking sweet, I cna barely keep my hands of it... although there was a problem in shipping and they have to now send me the whanny bar seperately, but its a great guitar.
This is my first time using a Floyd Rose Bridge, and it was a pain in the ass to string and tune compared to my old Squire, but I should get the hang of it sooner or later.
And you may have already realized this but you do NOT wAnt to sit down with this guitar, I tried it and it hurt, lol, stupid idea... good thing I have a strap for it.

captain-iron-skull
captain-iron-skull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 6th, 2005 @ 05:56 AM Reply

well its sorta multicoulered swirl, if that helps. it was one of three hundred made with Vai's blood in the paint. Its rather rare but it shouldn't be too hard to find. fluro pink and floro green.

Guitarists

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 6th, 2005 @ 07:34 PM Reply

At 5/6/05 05:56 AM, captain_iron_skull wrote: well its sorta multicoulered swirl, if that helps. it was one of three hundred made with Vai's blood in the paint. Its rather rare but it shouldn't be too hard to find. fluro pink and floro green.

Hmm.
Yeah I have found quite a fe pics... but I need a good one of the whole guitar for a sig, unless you you only want part of the neck on it.

ilikepie1919510
ilikepie1919510
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 6th, 2005 @ 09:55 PM Reply

can some 1 gimme an accurate tab for thunderstruck?

captain-iron-skull
captain-iron-skull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 7th, 2005 @ 04:25 AM Reply

i could, but only if you use guitar pro software.

Project-Sinistry
Project-Sinistry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 7th, 2005 @ 01:29 PM Reply

Hi, Can anyone please tell me what Darron Malakian of System of a Down plays, That thing is the nicest looking guitar Ive ever seen. Sounds mean too.
Ive seen his new guitar. It sounds meaner but looks much gayer (no offence to all gays) than the old one.

Tharikifa
Tharikifa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 7th, 2005 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 5/7/05 01:29 PM, Blimp182 wrote: Hi, Can anyone please tell me what Darron Malakian of System of a Down plays, That thing is the nicest looking guitar Ive ever seen. Sounds mean too.
Ive seen his new guitar. It sounds meaner but looks much gayer (no offence to all gays) than the old one.

If you can post a picture of it I might be able to tell what kind it is, or someone else in this crew will probably be able to help you.

At 5/7/05 04:25 AM, captain_iron_skull wrote: i could, but only if you use guitar pro software.

Well I could get the demo or somthing... but why can I only see it with this software?

captain-iron-skull
captain-iron-skull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 7th, 2005 @ 09:17 PM Reply

the guitar is called an ibanez iceman, and the software plays a midi version of the song at the same time as showing you the position on the fretboard and tab. very useful.

captain-iron-skull
captain-iron-skull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Guitarists May. 7th, 2005 @ 10:16 PM Reply

i think this is the one you speak of. I belive he used this soort before he got the wired (yet cool in its own way) paint job

Guitarists