00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guitarists

626,661 Views | 13,330 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-08 14:34:49

At 5/8/05 07:24 AM, captain_iron_skull wrote:
At 5/8/05 12:56 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
At 5/7/05 09:17 PM, captain_iron_skull wrote: the guitar is called an ibanez iceman, and the software plays a midi version of the song at the same time as showing you the position on the fretboard and tab. very useful.
Oh, whoops, I though you were talking about the pic of your guitar when you mentioned Guitar Pro 4. Please, use quotes, it helps a lot.
Anyway you need to post a pic of the whole guitar if you want a sig.
i hope this is good enough. i dont have money for a digital camera so i used the closest one i colud find. by the way i had a offer for $10,000 for the guitar, do you think i should take it?

It will work, except for rone problem... unless you want the case o be in the sig aswell, it would be very helpful if I could get a pic without the strap on the neck.

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-09 08:44:15

Oh, whoops, I though you were talking about the pic of your guitar when you mentioned Guitar Pro 4. Please, use quotes, it helps a lot.
Anyway you need to post a pic of the whole guitar if you want a sig.
i hope this is good enough. i dont have money for a digital camera so i used the closest one i colud find. by the way i had a offer for $10,000 for the guitar, do you think i should take it?
It will work, except for rone problem... unless you want the case o be in the sig aswell, it would be very helpful if I could get a pic without the strap on the neck.

Don't worry about that sig, i sold it for $12,000 and bought an eric clapton signature strat, a boss GT6 and a crate GT212. it has a beautiful sound and is a sunburst. i didn't sell it because i did not like the guitar,but because i cant do any of Vai's stuff very well, Also i does not go well with the stuff i wear.

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-10 09:28:38

Hey

have any of use seen the Walter Hill film called Crossroads starring Ralph Macchio.

Steve Vai is also plays a part in the film and the guitar is done by Ry Cooder.

Internet Movie database Crossroads info page

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-13 02:03:46

Damn, this topic is startying to die! :(
I must help keep it going by saying this:
What Program, if any, do you guys use for Tablature, writing of songs, etc...
After checking out Guitar Pro, I decided to get the full version, and it is pretty impresive compared to the programs I have worked with before, such as Anvil Studio.
Sill not much of a match for Garage Band though.

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-13 18:05:07

At 5/13/05 02:03 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Damn, this topic is startying to die! :(
After checking out Guitar Pro, I decided to get the full version, and it is pretty impresive compared to the programs I have worked with before, such as Anvil Studio.

I use Guitar pro its a gd wee program but i cant really write songs so i just use it for gettin tabs of songs i want to learn lol

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-13 19:22:38

At 5/13/05 06:05 PM, cardtecuk wrote:
At 5/13/05 02:03 AM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Damn, this topic is startying to die! :(
I use Guitar pro its a gd wee program but i cant really write songs so i just use it for gettin tabs of songs i want to learn lol

Well you can make your own tabs with it so techically you can write songs with it, but yeah I use it mostly for tabs I want to learn also lol.

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 00:43:10

My new band, Black Death, is like Thrashened Black metal or Blackened thrash. It has the rapid but continuous drumming of black metal, and some non-riff parts with just 5 or six string chords, plus some guitar harmonies, but it is mostly chock full of riffs. And when I say riffs, I mean fast crazy riffs. I'll have some sample riffs sunday or monday, but they are crazy! They're like 16th notes or faster at about 190 bpm or greater! Burns up picks mighty fast, though.

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 00:45:48

Hey guys, MestUp is my alt... I was away for a few days and for some reason i couldnt get into my account so i made a new one (MestUp) i thought i would be able to keep it up but i just cant....

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 17:58:02

You guys break my heart.
There already is a crew man...
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=162074

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 18:01:10

At 5/14/05 05:58 PM, mister_maggot wrote: You guys break my heart.

Stfu this isn't a guitartabber's crew... This is a Guitarist's crew. Get the difference? You wouldn't talk about how cool this certain guitar is, or the specs of it, in the guitartabber's crew, would you?

You can't spell subtext without buttsex. | I control Psycryptik | Psycryptik controls your mind

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 18:03:51

Sorry for double posting, but I am building another guitar now... it will be like a strat (black body) with triple twin rail humbuckers. The bridge will be a carvin wilkinson tremolo, and the controls will be 3 volumes plus one tone, with a 5 way pickup switcher and a on off switch for the bridge pickup. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 18:10:53

Retarded Post.
Why did you make that crew? this is already the guitarists crew man, this one has been around longer.
Gosh.

At 5/14/05 06:01 PM, The_Ghoul wrote:
Stfu this isn't a guitartabber's crew... This is a Guitarist's crew. Get the difference? You wouldn't talk about how cool this certain guitar is, or the specs of it, in the guitartabber's crew, would you?

Actually It looks identical to this thread, he probably used the word Guitar Tabber's because Guitarists was already taken, perhaps?

At 5/14/05 06:03 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: Sorry for double posting, but I am building another guitar now... it will be like a strat (black body) with triple twin rail humbuckers. The bridge will be a carvin wilkinson tremolo, and the controls will be 3 volumes plus one tone, with a 5 way pickup switcher and a on off switch for the bridge pickup. :)

Sounds like its going to kick ass. :D

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-14 23:29:59

At 5/14/05 06:10 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote:
Sounds like its going to kick ass. :D

I know, I already have a guitar with the twinrail in it, I do most of my recording with it. The twinrail kicks ass, has more output than many humbuckers, and has a razor sharp tone. The only difference on the new one is it is going to have THREE of them, plus another two knobs, and a walnut body instead of the alder body on the other one. Walnut is known for tone that sticks out of the mix. I'm hopeful. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-16 12:40:26

At 5/14/05 06:01 PM, The_Ghoul wrote: Stfu this isn't a guitartabber's crew... This is a Guitarist's crew. Get the difference? You wouldn't talk about how cool this certain guitar is, or the specs of it, in the guitartabber's crew, would you?

Really if you talk about the specs of guitars then shouldn't this club be called the Guitar Club.....considering Guitarists Club implies you talk about Guitarists - like their styles, favourite licks, riffs, greatest moments etc....which is more what the GuitarTabbers crew does.

Anyway I don't mean to spam up your club....i'm just defending our case.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-16 15:53:01

At 5/16/05 12:40 PM, GibSG wrote:

::
:: Anyway I don't mean to spam up your club....i'm just defending our case.

Yeah, it's not our point to start a 'guitarwar'. There aren't many real guitarists on NG, we should hook up in stead of fighting!'

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-16 22:09:06

At 5/16/05 03:53 PM, mister_maggot wrote:
At 5/16/05 12:40 PM, GibSG wrote:

Anyway I don't mean to spam up your club....i'm just defending our case.
Yeah, it's not our point to start a 'guitarwar'. There aren't many real guitarists on NG, we should hook up in stead of fighting!'

Yeah, but I think you should have used the search bar and joined this club insteqad of making a new one, ah whatever, now we have 2 crews.

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-17 03:04:36

Oh, and btw, tharifika, you are in the thanks section of "To Walk The Bloodstained Vastlands"

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-17 06:05:45

How many one hear of a guitarists called Eric Sardinas? He is one amazing guitarists, this style is like electric texas blues.

Eric Sardinas website

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-17 08:10:52

At 5/16/05 10:09 PM, -Tharikifa- wrote: Yeah, but I think you should have used the search bar and joined this club insteqad of making a new one, ah whatever, now we have 2 crews.

How has this only just started now. The GuitarTabbers crew has been around for about 9 months itself. So its not like we just started a crew a few weeks ago. Plus when the GuitarTabbers crew was started it was for people looking for tabs. But since this crew was dead when the GuitarTabbers started, we kind of merge the two together.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-17 22:33:49

Anyone like my guitar? It's my first electric guitar,and its pretty awesome considering i got it for $150US brand new.I've been playing bass for a while,and thought id pick this up.It's good for its price tag,the two humbuckers kick ass.

It's a Greg Bennett Rockwell (similer to an explorer).

Guitarists

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-17 23:53:19

Hey guys! Riffz0r from my latest band practice with Black Death:

Played in DADGBE tuning, at a fast kick snare black metal pattern, with a 16 notes most of the way:

[nothing on this string]
[nothing on this string]
[-----------2-2-2-2-0-0
[---------------------------2-2-3-3-2-2]
[0-0-0--------------------3-3-5-5-3-3]
[nothing on this string]

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 05:16:37

haha thats a nice riff to play really fast to

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 15:25:42

Hey Guys i need help i have been playin for about a year and a half now and i have decide to play the blues and slide guitar can anyone tell me where i can get good books on blues and slide guitar plz thank u

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 17:06:48

At 5/18/05 03:25 PM, cardtecuk wrote: Hey Guys i need help i have been playin for about a year and a half now and i have decide to play the blues and slide guitar can anyone tell me where i can get good books on blues and slide guitar plz thank u

I know I'm not in this club and I can't actually answer the question directly, but heres a tip...well more of an essential.

Put the slide on your second or third finger. That was you can use the fingers before it (either 1st/and 2nd). That way you mute the strings so that only the string you strike with fingers/plectrum will sound, and you'll also get rid of any annoying buzz.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 17:47:37

I've actually decided to get a Kramer Vanguard, with Quad Rail pick ups. I still need money, though :(

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 18:10:12

gibson les paul jr.
Yes i suck
i play keyboard more, just thought I'd share, my friend has a $3000 guitar though, he's played all his life he is insanely good.

You're so pretty, like a tree, or a high-class prostitute.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 18:51:58

At 5/17/05 03:04 AM, The_Ghoul wrote: Oh, and btw, tharifika, you are in the thanks section of "To Walk The Bloodstained Vastlands"

Ok Cool.

At 5/18/05 06:10 PM, oc_fuzzy10 wrote: gibson les paul jr.
Yes i suck
i play keyboard more, just thought I'd share, my friend has a $3000 guitar though, he's played all his life he is insanely good.

Do you play ennough to wat one of my sigs?
Just tell me the color of the guitar and I will make it as soon as I can :)

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 20:30:26

At 5/18/05 05:47 PM, Goatchrist wrote: I've actually decided to get a Kramer Vanguard, with Quad Rail pick ups. I still need money, though :(

Good buy, get some chunk in your tone. The funny thing is, Carvin TWINrails have more output than Kramer QUADrails.

BBS Signature

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 21:18:17

I play a Johnson Fender Strat with marble pick guard and clear blue finish. I love all punk rock,metal, and classic rock

ive been playing for around 6 months now

I eat BABIES

Response to Guitarists 2005-05-18 21:36:51

At 5/18/05 09:18 PM, Bballdude9997 wrote: I play a Johnson Fender Strat with marble pick guard and clear blue finish. I love all punk rock,metal, and classic rock

ive been playing for around 6 months now

I cant find a pic for your guitar, if you want a sig, you are going to need to supply one :\