00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Cod Black Ops Thread.

127,989 Views | 2,038 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 16:14:15

I got an awesome ginal kill, and right before it's about to show the killcam, there's some host migration, it tries to reload the game, but it fucking freezes. All I have to say about this game are complaints. I have two people offering me $60 for the game ($7 less than I paid for it), but my mother would rage if I told her I wanted to sell it. Even if it's basically a trade for another new release.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 16:22:58

Everyone always complains about games when they come out. WAW, MW2, Black Ops.

Personally I believe that everyone just likes to complain to seem relevant. I have some issues with the same crap as everyone else and I still beat ass online. So if someone Completely fails online I don't think they can chalk that all up to a "Shitty Game".

I have a guy I was playing with that kept saying the Game is why he was doing bad. All the games fault, no Human Error. Just had to rant out my view on it.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 16:57:18

At 11/17/10 04:22 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: Everyone always complains about games when they come out. WAW, MW2, Black Ops.

I remember it being the other way around for MW2.

Personally I believe that everyone just likes to complain to seem relevant.

I like to complain when I have something to complain about.

I have some issues with the same crap as everyone else and I still beat ass online. So if someone Completely fails online I don't think they can chalk that all up to a "Shitty Game".

I'm not doing bad online most of the time, I just have no desire to play the game. Some of the issues in the game keep me from playing as well.

I have a guy I was playing with that kept saying the Game is why he was doing bad. All the games fault, no Human Error. Just had to rant out my view on it.

Well, there are many times where I have done bad because of the game's issues. Connection problems, the spawning on Nuketown, someone having a Chopper Gunner and killing me each time I spawn, and the unbalanced weapons. Sure, I could use the AK74u and Famas all the time too, but I don't want to have to use the same weapon to do as good as everyone else.

Then I have other things to complain about, like the crappy emblem creator I was looking forward to, the maps that I'm already pretty bored of because I'm playing the same ones over and over, and most of all, the stupid fucking voting system. "We just played this map, so let's put it up as one of the voting options." Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put the map you just played as a voting option?

nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown nuketown

I want Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 16:58:32

im playin css right now and i have to ask

does this game require skill this time around or is it the same old spraypray instafootshotdie malarkey that i have come to expect in the call of duty games

and if so is there any mechanic you have to master this time around?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 17:00:44

Me and a friend were plating Combat Training (2 vs 9) and after a while the enemies stopped coming.
We changed teams to see where they had gone and found one guy standing in a doorway, blocking the way of the rest of the team. Says a lot about the AI, and this was on Hardened.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 17:02:49

At 11/17/10 11:40 AM, desert116 wrote: Beat the campaign on veteran. It wasn't as hard as I had feared it would be. Except for one part.

Kowloon.
The very final part where you're on the table with just a pistol.
asdf

I think it was shit easy. I did it twice without dying!
but khe sanh, the one with the napalm barrels. That was fucking hard! This guy even did it without the barrels.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 17:24:44

At 11/17/10 04:57 PM, Makeshift wrote: Sure, I could use the AK74u and Famas all the time too, but I don't want to have to use the same weapon to do as good as everyone else.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way! :D

A lot of the guns barely anybody uses are great, like the FAL and M60, but they don't buy any of them because they're broke, because they used all of their money on buying camouflage patterns for their FAMAS and AK74u. It's a shame, really.

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 17:42:30

At 11/17/10 05:24 PM, IrishGun wrote:
A lot of the guns barely anybody uses are great, like the FAL and M60, but they don't buy any of them because they're broke

For me it broils down to personal preference. I tried out the FAL and it was OK, definitely better than the M14, but it just didn't feel right. I've only tried the M60 on ... Sharpshooter? Or is it Gun Game (switch out every 45 seconds) and it felt extremely underpowered (even though that was my tool of destruction :P) Anyways, I've decided almost every SMG has either to small a clip, or just feels underpowered besides the MP5K and AK74u. The MP5K has to much recoil though.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 17:43:42

I'm in a match where we are 8 on my team and 3 on the other team. It's a normal match no ground war. Treyarch needs to fix this

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 18:41:07

At 11/17/10 05:43 PM, tally1989 wrote: I'm in a match where we are 8 on my team and 3 on the other team. It's a normal match no ground war. Treyarch needs to fix this

They need to fix everything about BlOps.

They don't need to fix it, they just need to put it on a Guillotine.

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 19:16:35

At 11/17/10 06:41 PM, TheJungleBunny wrote:
At 11/17/10 05:43 PM, tally1989 wrote: I'm in a match where we are 8 on my team and 3 on the other team. It's a normal match no ground war. Treyarch needs to fix this
They need to fix everything about BlOps.

Not in my opinion. The shotguns should be a little better. the spawns could use a little work on some maps and gamemodes. and then there's the thing with more then 6 players on a team in a regular match. Thats about it!

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 20:05:43

Yay, 2nd killcam in a row I've been robbed of due to a host quitting as soon as the game ends.

Anyway, I've noticed that the Decoy Grenades are actually pretty awesome. No one seems to use them, but they've helped me a lot. I just throw one to the right, and run around the left, killing enemies from behind. Some guys even get confused by them and start shooting at them or knifing them, netting me an easy kill.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 20:16:23

At 11/17/10 08:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: Yay, 2nd killcam in a row I've been robbed of due to a host quitting as soon as the game ends.

I hate that, especially when they win and it clearly shows them spawn killing (or spawning themselves, then killing)

Anyway, I've noticed that the Decoy Grenades are actually pretty awesome.

Good for you! :D I don't use them because I can't find any maps which it is particularly effective in.

On the other hand, I just ragequit Theater mode. I try watching something in super slow mo (0.1x) and when I 'preview' the clip, it show it like it's lagging. Btw I wish they just mimicked Halo 3 Theater, so I could just hit LB & RB to change elevation. As for what I was attempting to film was a guy getting this EPIC 1-shot with his M1911 on TDM (Unfortunately the guy had been hit by a grenade though)

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 20:33:08

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 20:40:17

This game kicks ass.
ZOMBIE ASS!
Huhhuhhuh YEAH!
*Pew Pew Pew*

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 20:50:55

I just got it and I have to say..

This is the worst call of duty, or perhaps game, to date. I've only been playing for 2 hours and I can't stand it anymore. Yeah, Modern Warfare 2 was bad, but atleast it was fun for a longer time than Black Ops.

The hit detection is flat out terrible, I have awesome connection but my bullets seem to curve away from the guy I'm shooting. Second, everyone just runs around quickscoping or using ak74 and m16 while dropshotting. The only thing I can compliment Treyarch for is the customization and zombies.

You can criticize this post all you want. This is my opinion.

The above post is useless.

''Lost time is never found again.'' - Benjamin Franklin

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 20:54:54

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY THE FUCK IS RC-XD SO SHIT. If you use it over UAV 9/10 you're a terrible, terrible player.

Also, when enemies shoot RC cars they suddenly become hostile and damage your teammates. Retards like to follow me around with their RC cars like I'm the pied fucking piper so I'm essentially a walking bomb and the enemy gets a free kill if they happen to toss a grenade anywhere within a 15 foot radius of me or if they just spray at my feet.

Sparknotes version: Fuck TDM I'm playing free for all.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 21:00:05

At 11/17/10 08:54 PM, Matt wrote: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY THE FUCK IS RC-XD SO SHIT. If you use it over UAV 9/10 you're a terrible, terrible player.

Challenge Complete: 100 kills with RC-XD.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 21:15:49

At 11/17/10 09:00 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/17/10 08:54 PM, Matt wrote: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHY THE FUCK IS RC-XD SO SHIT. If you use it over UAV 9/10 you're a terrible, terrible player.
Challenge Complete: 100 kills with RC-XD.

I've called in over 300 RC-XD but I use it on objective based gametypes to disrupt capturing objectives and planting/disarming, not to get a single kill (which doesn't even count towards a streak unless I blow up something in the environment.) Other streaks are usually SAM turrets and blackbirds.

Using it in TDM is fantastic for dealing with camping, but I prefer to let my nova gas and shotgun take care of that.

In TDM my streaks are Spy plane > Blackbird > Dogs. I've tried out RC-XD in it but I'd have about 5-6 piled up in my queue by the end of the game that would never get used because being immobile and defenseless anywhere for too long was usually a death sentence against a competent team.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-17 21:22:14

Screw ballistic knives, give me this instead!
Fuck yeas are in order.

"lol what the fuck that's the best grammar nazi I've ever seen"-Sause, referring to me

"learn to suck some good dick. itll come in handy." -Luis on living in San Francisco

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 04:47:53

So there's a new update out. Anyone know what it fixed?

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 05:54:17

At 11/17/10 08:50 PM, RentallyMetarded wrote: everyone just runs around quickscoping

Ignore the troll everyone.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 06:25:00

Got to round 26 by myself on Kino der Toten yesterday. I could've got further but I started arsing about and let myself get surrounded.

Also, level 50 OH YEAHHHHHHH

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 06:50:30

I am pretty sure RC-XD is going to be bumped back to several more kills. I mean you can get that thing after two kills with hardline and it usually nets me at least one kill. Its basically a predator missile that requires less kills.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 07:20:32

At 11/18/10 06:25 AM, Quinny wrote: Also, level 50 OH YEAHHHHHHH

I'm level 48 on first prestige. OH YEAHHHHHH

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 07:44:36

At 11/18/10 07:20 AM, tally1989 wrote:
At 11/18/10 06:25 AM, Quinny wrote: Also, level 50 OH YEAHHHHHHH
I'm level 48 on first prestige. OH YEAHHHHHH

I'm level 0. yeeeeeah...

Buying the game tomorrow, better not fucking stutter, or I will be so mad.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 08:10:42

About the update:

11/16
· Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
· Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
· Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
· Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
· Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
· Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin's head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

11/17 (full title update)
· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don't get broken apart
· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)

damn. Now it won't say I have over 60,000 kills.

· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements
· Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game - will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends
IN PROGRESS
· Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
· Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
· Prevention of a rare issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 08:26:24

At 11/18/10 08:10 AM, Makeshift wrote: About the update:

I think they also added a comma in "# of Players in Playlist".

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 08:28:16

At 11/18/10 08:10 AM, Makeshift wrote: · Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)

fire

Thank god. That shit was stupid!

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Official Cod Black Ops Thread. 2010-11-18 08:39:15

So after the update I'm getting into matches with French Canadians all the time, and my connection is significantly worse. I was usually playing with 3 bars, and now I'm at 1.

Has anyone gotten the classified SMG? Why use this shit when you could use the Ak74u which is 100x better? The Ak74u should be the classified SMG, in my opinion.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature