00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread

68,678 Views | 1,021 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-22 19:51:40

I have now my first team, after first badge:

Quilava.
Mareep.
Wooper.

What do you think?

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-22 22:21:45

At 3/22/10 07:51 PM, Supermatx1 wrote: I have now my first team, after first badge:

Quilava.
Mareep.
Wooper.

What do you think?

Don't catch an Ekans. The idea sounds cool, but it's totally not worth it. Head into the Sprout Tower at night and you may find a Ghastly. I love Ghastly. Great attacks.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-23 12:24:57

At 3/21/10 04:14 PM, Gustavos wrote:
At 3/21/10 01:39 PM, Auz wrote: Why would he be able to learn surf? He's not even a water type... =/
I have a faint memory of Arbok having Surf in the old Pokemon Stadium games for Nintendo 64. And there are swimming snakes in real life. If Snorlax can do it, Arbok probably could.

Meh.. it sounds illogical to me. And Snorlax could float on his fat probably :p

But is his special defense high as well? If not then he'll probably become pretty weak later on in the game.
I won't be sending him out against electric types, silly. I have a Graveler for that.

Yeah but there are more special moves than electric you know ;)

At 3/22/10 07:51 PM, Supermatx1 wrote: Quilava.
Mareep.
Wooper.

What do you think?

I've been playing through the game as well again and I had a similar party actually. But turns out that Wooper sucks ass... =/ Gonna ditch him as soon as possible.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-24 15:05:33

I can't seem to find or remember where to find surf, and I kind of need it for the red Garydos.

Halp?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-24 18:41:16

At 3/24/10 03:05 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: I can't seem to find or remember where to find surf, and I kind of need it for the red Garydos.

Halp?

Some guy in a house in Ecruteak gives it to you.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-24 19:41:11

At 3/24/10 06:41 PM, TheAmateurAnimator wrote:
At 3/24/10 03:05 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: I can't seem to find or remember where to find surf, and I kind of need it for the red Garydos.

Halp?
Some guy in a house in Ecruteak gives it to you.

Ah! Thank you very much.

Sadly i'm on the other side of Mt. Mortar. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-24 21:14:49

At 3/16/10 02:39 PM, Supermatx1 wrote: I've just found out that Gold's official name is now Ethan.Was that really necessary?

Hell I started my original gold with one of the stock names. Taylor. That is "Golds" real name to me. I only started one game on gold version too. 247 pokemon without cheating and the damn thing fried on me. :(

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-24 21:29:40

Hoothoot fucking sucks.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-24 23:58:21

At 3/24/10 09:29 PM, wafflecake12 wrote: Hoothoot fucking sucks.

Ditch it for a spearow. Fearow is pretty beastly against the fifth gym leader. Or at least, it was in the originals. I wonder if they still learn drill peck at around time of evolution?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 16:49:44

Just finished the Indigo Plateau and beat the main Johto storyline. And then I realized that there are Pokemon
from the Sinnoh as well as Hoenn in some trainers hands. :O

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 17:24:46

I have the game. SoulSilver anyway. Party Pokemon are Arceus, Rayquaza, Typhlosion, Giratina, Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage, and a Mareep. =3 It only took me 3 days to beat the game. I'm not sure of who you are, but here's my friend code: 4340 4732 3451. That about sums it up.

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 18:24:53

I've just got the game today but havn't played on it yet. I'm probably going to play it for an hour or so before I go to bed. Then I should have most of tomorrow to really get into it.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 18:28:05

Just got my Spiky Eared Pichu. Have a spare Pikachu-Coloured Pichu if anyone needs one to get their Spiky Eared.

Only got the game today.

Team as it stands:

Level 16 Totodile
Level 17 Zubat
Level 16 Geodude
Level 16 Flaaffy
Level 4 Rattata (for Cut and Rock Smash)

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 21:54:42

I cought a shiny Electrode in the Rocket base in Mahogany Town. One of the three powering the generator was white and blue instead of white and red. lol

Too bad I won't be using it. I don't really care if I catch a shiny Pokemon, but I'm sure I'll one day meet a crazed Pokemon fanatic who will get some use out of it.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 22:34:30

Also, just because I'm too lazy to figure it out anywhere else, what is the point of the Ruins of Alph, besides getting the Unown?

Also, still trying to catch Entei. Stupid roaming legendaries. >:C

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-26 22:45:14

Me and my girlfriend just got these games today as they were released here in Europe. We do have a flashcart but it's an R4 and completely useless for playing Pokemon because of Anti-Piracy so we bought both of the games instead.

So far loving it, much improved from the original Gold and Silver (I used to play Crystal myself). But anyway, I'm playing Soul Silver and she's playing Heart Gold and we're looking to add some friends for later on in the game. We're still both pretty early on in the game and she hasn't got her friend code so I'm sure she'll post it when she's got it.

My details are below;
Name: Simon
Game: Soul Silver
Friend Code: 0517-9644-6956

My squad (pitiful at the moment ;_;)
Rattata Lv. 14
Cyndaquil Lv. 13
Hoothoot Lv. 8
Gastly Lv. 4
Bellsprout Lv. 5 (currently on my Pokewalker)

Pokewalker is awesome.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 00:20:43

Well I ended up buying heart gold, since I started playing pokemonat the original gold version.
My current team as of right now...
Staryu...........LVL 16
Flaaffy...........LVL 19
Quilava..........LVL 19
Hoothoot......LVL 18(personal fav)
Geodude......LVL 19
I am getting ready to face that Ghost type Gym.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 09:33:00

This bloody beach route on the pokewalker. I want a Staryu or a Poliwag, but I'm ONLY finding Slowpokes.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 13:20:20

Just the game yesterday, ahh it's epic! Anyone beat the Elite 4 yet from the UK..?

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 13:32:57

At 3/22/10 07:51 PM, Supermatx1 wrote: I have now my first team, after first badge:

Quilava.
Mareep.
Wooper.

What do you think?

Wow! That is my exact team! I fucking love all three of those pokemon plus the have fantastic moves and stats!

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 14:57:06

Haha, Zubat evolved into Golbat, and then into Crobat the very next level.

Team is now:

Level 23 Dratini
Level 23 Crobat
Level 22 Geodude
Level 22 Flaaffy
Level 22 Growlithe
Level 22 Croconaw

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 15:29:10

Update.

to all those who hate hoothoot, Mine just helped me beat the gym leader!
Current team...
Staryu............LVL 19
Flaaffy............LVL 19
Quilava...........LVL 20
Geodude.......LVL 20
Noctowl.........LVL 21(my hoothoot evoled!)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 16:04:33

At 3/26/10 10:34 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Also, just because I'm too lazy to figure it out anywhere else, what is the point of the Ruins of Alph, besides getting the Unown?

I believe there is no point. You can probably do something there in the Japanese versions, but they must've cut it out in the American and European ones.

At 3/27/10 01:32 PM, TheAwesomeOSaurus wrote:

Quilava.
Mareep.
Wooper.

What do you think?
Wow! That is my exact team! I fucking love all three of those pokemon plus the have fantastic moves and stats!

I don't know if they Wooper an update or something, but like I said before: Wooper sucks ass. He doesn't learn any decent moves beside Earthquake at a level somewhere in the 30's and his stats are just terrible. There are way better water types out there, trust me ;)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 16:19:42

Does anybody know where I can find a Water Stone? I just remembered that Bill gives you a free Eevee, and I also remembered that I love Vaporeon. I could just use the Red Gyarados, but I'm tired of Gyarados. I've had him at least once in every generation.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 18:21:10

You can win one, if you come first at the Bug Catching contest, but it could also be one of the other evolution stones..

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 19:14:46

At 3/27/10 04:19 PM, Gustavos wrote: Does anybody know where I can find a Water Stone? I just remembered that Bill gives you a free Eevee, and I also remembered that I love Vaporeon. I could just use the Red Gyarados, but I'm tired of Gyarados. I've had him at least once in every generation.

Bill's Grandfather in Fuschia gives stones out for you showing him certain pokemon. I'm not sure who you have to show to get the water stone, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 19:16:35

At 3/26/10 05:24 PM, bman200 wrote: I have the game. SoulSilver anyway. Party Pokemon are Arceus, Rayquaza, Typhlosion, Giratina, Red Gyarados from Lake of Rage, and a Mareep. =3 It only took me 3 days to beat the game. I'm not sure of who you are, but here's my friend code: 4340 4732 3451. That about sums it up.

Changed party.
Arceus: LV 100
Rayquaza: LV 100
Typhlosion: LV 56
Lugia: LV 45
Ho-oh: LV 41
Red Gyarados: LV 32

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 19:48:56

I am preparing my Pokéathlon team and the best and at the same time easiest to get is this:

Magikarp.
Unown.
Sunkern.

Can anyone help with nicknames?

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 20:32:01

Bit of an update on my squad.

Pidgey Lv. 17
Cyndaquil Lv. 20
Gastly Lv. 19
Rattata Lv. 18
Flaaffy Lv. 21

Just after the first gym leader lol, coming prepared.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-03-27 21:43:45

At 3/27/10 06:21 PM, LampFace wrote: You can win one, if you come first at the Bug Catching contest, but it could also be one of the other evolution stones..

After checking Bulbapedia, this is true. There are nine possible stones it could be. I just hope it's a Water Stone eventually, or a Shiny Stone for my Togetic to evolve into a new Pokemon. Togekiss. Sounds gay, but I'll be happy to make one valued member of my part even stronger.