00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread

68,483 Views | 1,021 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-21 21:37:26

Anyone have a meowth for a growlthie?

Well.

Shit.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-21 22:27:57

Been working through the Pokedex, just going top to bottom.

Got everything down to Crobat, apart from Mew. 324 obtained, 416 seen.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 07:35:48

At 4/21/10 11:37 PM, Aci6 wrote: Stuff that. I haven't played HeartGold since I beat it. I really can' stomach playing it, its just too bland and boring for me which is a shame since I really wanted to like it.

I'm doing it on Platinum. Box system is too shit on Heart Gold.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 08:20:25

I defeated the second Elite Four. It was rather easy for me since I initially entered with all my Pokemon at least level 70. No revives were needed but I had to use a few Full Restores to get through them. Obviously I'm not ready to beat Red just yet and I clearly know that when I can only use 5 Pokemon against him.

Damn you HM obstacles.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 08:28:52

At 4/22/10 08:20 AM, Bahamut wrote: Obviously I'm not ready to beat Red just yet and I clearly know that when I can only use 5 Pokemon against him.

You should slaughter Red with a team of level 70s. He's not that tough.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 10:41:42

At 4/21/10 06:10 PM, Mexifry wrote:
At 4/21/10 05:58 PM, warshark wrote: Just found my second shiny pokemon! Pity it's a seaking. I caught it anyways since a dusk ball did the trick.
No shinies for me so far. :C

This is the first game i've encountered a shiny pokemon. I was happy with one and now i've ended up with 2. It's a pity they're both fairly useless but i'm happy to have finally found and caught a couple.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 10:45:03

How many hours have you people with shiny Pokemon put into the game? I'm 160 hours into Platinum, and 60 in Heart Gold, and haven't seen any in either.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 11:15:53

At 4/22/10 11:12 AM, Mexifry wrote: There's apparently something you can do on Platinum/Diamond/Pearl where you do some crazy ass math calculation in some program and itll tell you the exact location of a shiny pokemon and what pokemon it is going to be.

Forgot what it was called though.

Sure you're not just thinking of Pokeradar chaining? If you do that right, you can pretty much guarantee yourself a shiny of whatever species you're after, it just takes a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 12:00:23

At 4/22/10 10:45 AM, TheMaster wrote: How many hours have you people with shiny Pokemon put into the game? I'm 160 hours into Platinum, and 60 in Heart Gold, and haven't seen any in either.

I'm currently on 97 hours in Soul Silver. I found the shiny seaking roughly 2 hours ago game time and probably at around 60/70 hours I found the Quagsire.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 15:58:58

Anyone have a Snubbull to trade?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 16:05:32

At 4/22/10 10:45 AM, TheMaster wrote: How many hours have you people with shiny Pokemon put into the game? I'm 160 hours into Platinum, and 60 in Heart Gold, and haven't seen any in either.

Saw my first shiny in Soul Silver 20 hours into the game.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 16:43:22

You people are really lucky. I've been playing pokemon for over 7 years, and I've only ever *once* seen a shiny pokemon, and it was in one of the battle facilities of the battle frontier, where you can find wild pokemon, but you can't catch them. It was a shiny Milotic.

On another note, I'm up at the Elite Four on Soul Silver and I've only got a team of 4 pokemon. I'm trying to level up a Gastly and Dratini from level 5 up to 40, which is a real pain.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-22 17:51:33

At 4/22/10 04:09 PM, Mexifry wrote:
At 4/22/10 03:58 PM, TheMaster wrote: Anyone have a Snubbull to trade?
They Swarm in Route 38, but i can check if I've got that swarm today.

It's okay, I got one for a Chikorita on 4chan.

Now I just need Delibird, and I've got all the Johto Pokemon too (excluding evolving stuff, still got shit loads of that to do).

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-23 09:51:36

Just need to hatch a Smoochum and evolve a Chansey and I've got every Kanto and Johto pokemon apart from Mew and Celebi.

Also, protip for happiness evolutions, breed them first. Hatched pokemon start with 120 happiness, caught start with 70. Didn't realise this until I was going for Espeon and Umbreon.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-23 14:19:54

At 4/23/10 09:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Also, protip for happiness evolutions, breed them first. Hatched pokemon start with 120 happiness, caught start with 70. Didn't realise this until I was going for Espeon and Umbreon.

I never knew that but it's a good thing I've been breeding for certain Pokemon such as Eevee and Togepi so if what you said is true, that makes things easier for me, even though Togepi is obtained via hatching initially. Still, for the Eevees it at least sounds easier to get Espeon and Umbreon than I originally thought. My friends claim they're having troubles evolving their Eevees into Esp/Umbreon but with breeding, making them happy with grooming, getting a haircut and the Pokewalker, they should evolve in no time. That's how I got Togepi to evolve at level 5.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-23 14:55:29

Still training for Red. I almost evolved my Larvitar into Pupitar. Somehow I find it easier to get a Tyranitar than to get a Dragonite =/

Also gonna do an attempt to complete my dex as much as I can. I've never gotten any higher than about 180 I think, but I know I can go well over 200 if I try.

At 4/23/10 09:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Also, protip for happiness evolutions, breed them first. Hatched pokemon start with 120 happiness, caught start with 70. Didn't realise this until I was going for Espeon and Umbreon.

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but I think they like to hold items and eat berries as well.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-23 14:56:34

At 4/23/10 02:19 PM, Bahamut wrote: My friends claim they're having troubles evolving their Eevees into Esp/Umbreon but with breeding, making them happy with grooming, getting a haircut and the Pokewalker, they should evolve in no time. That's how I got Togepi to evolve at level 5.

30 vitamins + 10 level ups and they evolve. That's only feasible in the end game when you have loads of cash and can afford vitamins, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-23 19:30:51

Hoen Pokedex is a nightmare.

Hardly any of them can be caught normally. They're all swarms or Pokeradar or Safari Zone/Great Marsh. Might skip it, do Sinnoh, and then come back.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-23 21:42:58

God, I hate Ho-oh. I can put it to sleep and an Ultra Ball still won't capture it. DAMN.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 05:35:35

At 4/23/10 09:42 PM, puddinN64 wrote: God, I hate Ho-oh. I can put it to sleep and an Ultra Ball still won't capture it. DAMN.

Get some dusk balls and then catch it at night, they're a better rate than ultra balls

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 08:35:06

Seriously man, fuck Hoen.

Offering any Kanto, Johto and most Sinnoh pokemon for any of the following:

Lotad
Seedot
Shroomish
Slakoth
Whismur
Makuhita
Sableye
Mawile
Electrike
Plusle
Gulpin
Spinda
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Lileep
Kecleon
Chimecho
Clamperl

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 13:59:05

HI im new to this thread, does anyone want to help me evolve my graveller into geotron or whatever it is?

I have been excpecting you... mr schlong.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 15:25:22

At 4/24/10 01:59 PM, goofleberries wrote: HI im new to this thread, does anyone want to help me evolve my graveller into geotron or whatever it is?

There NEEDS to be a Pokemon named Geotron in generation 5, it must happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 15:54:13

At 4/24/10 03:25 PM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote: There NEEDS to be a Pokemon named Geotron in generation 5, it must happen.

Metal coat induced evolution of Graveller. It would be so ace.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 16:05:17

anyone want to trade evolve stuff with me?

I have been excpecting you... mr schlong.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 18:25:44

So I "borrowed" my brothers copies of Diamond and Perl and obtained his Dialga, Palkia, Giritina, Torterra and Emploeon. Going to go and get a Rotom now so with any luck I should be able to catch it straight away.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 21:54:31

At 4/24/10 04:05 PM, goofleberries wrote: anyone want to trade evolve stuff with me?

I'll trade with you.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-24 23:13:57

My Psyduck , yeah he is a champion , Lvl. 81 , he surfed the boat to kanto , he drove a new tractor from the dealership to his house on the beltway , he crossed the street without looking both ways , he beat all of Red's Pokemon with a blindfold on with his hands tied behind his back. yeah he is a champion

Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-25 01:17:04

well I caught groudon, when oak talked about having kyogre and groudon I just brought over my one from saphire. Then I realized he said I need a kyogre from the embedded tower. That's some serious bull shit

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-25 05:23:15

At 4/24/10 06:25 PM, Simple wrote: So I "borrowed" my brothers copies of Diamond and Perl and obtained his Dialga, Palkia, Giritina, Torterra and Emploeon. Going to go and get a Rotom now so with any luck I should be able to catch it straight away.

Just a note, if anyone didn't know, Rotom's not a legendary.