00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!!

97,309 Views | 379 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-19 12:23:34

At 4/19/10 09:34 AM, reeperskull wrote:
At 4/18/10 08:06 PM, narf109 wrote:
At 4/18/10 06:04 AM, ComedyAddict wrote: Here's one of mine. I dunno if it'll play fast enough.(or play at all)
I suggest you take some animation tutorials before you post anymore... ever.
why dont you link him to some or try to help?

i will now quote you
"noobs are fine I encourage new guys wanting to get in the game... they just gotta tone it down in the spam department."

im probably taking this to seriously

I'd understand why you'd think that way, no biggy dude.

It's just, im not gunna link to an animation tutorial. He's a big boy he can google that stuff. As far as me giving him basic advice I'd rather not sound like a broken record. I've done basic advice.... millions of times. I'm tired of giving it. Basics is somthing you look up by yourself. Thats what I did, that what everybody does. Plenty of tutorials already made for that sorta thing, google is your friend. I'm working on a pivot tutorial in flash already, when I'm finished that freaking monster he can go look that up.

And I'm giving sound advice for him to not post any more animations on here till he actually does look up animation tutorials. This keeps the thread from turning into what made the other 2 fail miserably. Everyone thats a reg to the old thread knows what I'm talking about, and should understand what I said makes sense.

If he wanted my advice, he'd of hated it, because I'm brutaly honest, esspecially with sloppy work. Learning from the past, I figured it's best to just keep my mouth shut on that sort of deal. But if your saying I should go back and tell him what I really think of his animation..... lol

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-19 18:25:17

In case any of you are wondering, Ape has been working on an epicmation to kick off his sort of return to the forums. From what I know, it involves tentacles. Problem is, his internets have been cancelled for some reason and he can only access the internets from other computers.

Anyway, animated a little sump'n sump'n for you guys. Enjoy.

Or don't.

PSI ROCKIN GO

BBS Signature

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-19 18:57:18

At 4/19/10 06:25 PM, SSXorcist15 wrote: In case any of you are wondering, Ape has been working on an epicmation to kick off his sort of return to the forums. From what I know, it involves tentacles. Problem is, his internets have been cancelled for some reason and he can only access the internets from other computers.

Anyway, animated a little sump'n sump'n for you guys. Enjoy.

Or don't.

Knew about the internets but not about the come back. So that's cool :P Awsome stuff SSX

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-20 00:11:05

Im rusteh, but im proud of this, i finally got to make a perfect backflip in my opinion :P

[url=http://fluidanims.com][img]htt p://filebox.me/files/535202_fa.png[

/img][/url]

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-20 02:56:05

At 4/20/10 12:11 AM, zZzUnwanteDzZz wrote: Im rusteh, but im proud of this, i finally got to make a perfect backflip in my opinion :P

Advice if i can. Cause I know you wont hate me for it :P Just little tweaks you can apply, to tune it up even better.

It was a good flip and all his body positions were in the right direction, but he needs a little more weight to him. He caught his fall a little too easy. Add more easing frames to his landing and have him absorb the landing with the ground more will give the impression of weight.

Also his horizontal movement kind of stopped in mid air in the middle of the flip. Law of physics 101, direction of horizontal travel in mid air is generally constant. Take that into account as well as inertia and momentum and you can even factor in an even more realistic landing.

I'm not sure what happened with the initial jump. The front leg was wobbly. Were you trying to have the legs cross in mid-air? It's hard to tell. The leg positions were off for that. I dunno, shit happens.

The front flips physics were a little off. He actually landed pretty well tho. You had the right idea using the arms as the push off force. But you gave forward flipping rotation to the entire body too soon. To help with this, you could do a transition from his starting position to a forward roll, use the roll to get his arms into position to get a good push off for a front flip. The roll also helps the illusion as to why he's rotating forward once he pushes off. Not saying you have to do this, but its a suggestion.

Mostly it's just physics tweaks. Takes some getting used to. Again tho the limb positioning looks great.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-20 03:03:25

Another thing for the front flip. More of an alternative. If you don't want to use the arms as the push off force and you dont want the guy to roll, instead make him use the legs as the push off force and us his arms as the support for the front flip. Meaning you use the legs to get the flip going and the arms to separate the stick man from the ground.

I could animate these as an example if you want.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-20 14:22:26

At 4/18/10 11:29 PM, hankmc7 wrote: Here's little something l've made today, dont ask about teh head.

whaaat. Are... are you back?

Shucks! IMEAN welcome back :D

THANKS FOR STANDIN' STILL WANKA!

Also, Minecraft

Buy it now or I will end you. You can punch trees in that game.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-21 23:45:34

Thanks Narf i understand what you're talking about, I'll try better next time.

And nah its alryt I got this, I'll try building up my own style and fixing my errors on my own, if i fail and get frustrated that's when ill ask for help, but yea thanks :D

[url=http://fluidanims.com][img]htt p://filebox.me/files/535202_fa.png[

/img][/url]

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 00:27:55

At 4/16/10 12:28 AM, UsernameWasTaken wrote: http://pivotup.com/files/jhf61q2v.gif
Jointed animation.

LoL Nice but....tell you teh truth that's not your
anime

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 02:37:15

At 4/23/10 12:27 AM, hankmc7 wrote:
At 4/16/10 12:28 AM, UsernameWasTaken wrote: http://pivotup.com/files/jhf61q2v.gif
Jointed animation.
anime

Well DD doesn't seem to be working for me right now, but chances are hank, thats his DD account. Also the fact that he did say it was a joint animation might just mean the thing you linked to was the co-author. But i cant say for sure since it wont load the damn page.

Anyway. This ones taking me a while. Haven't done particles in a while, and on top of that I'm doing camera movements, so frames are taking forever to make. Trying to get back to my old ways. Here's hoping this is a start. Looks alright for now. I know for sure once I do the peak of the move. But I'm taking a break for now.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 03:01:46

Jointed animation.
anime

alright got the page working, and hank it's not even the same animation. The movements are completely different. It may use the same sticks but thats not a stretch since so many people share sticks.

All the moves in this animation
http://pivotup.com/files/jhf61q2v.gif

aren't even the same as this
http://yourimg.in/i/afocp9kz.gif

Not to mention the dimensions and lengths are different.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 15:29:20

At 4/23/10 03:01 AM, narf109 wrote: alright got the page working, and hank it's not even the same animation. The movements are completely different. It may use the same sticks but thats not a stretch since so many people share sticks.

All the moves in this animation
http://pivotup.com/files/jhf61q2v.gif

aren't even the same as this
http://yourimg.in/i/afocp9kz.gif

Not to mention the dimensions and lengths are different.

Your skills in proving other people wrong never dissapoint me, Narf.

Dissapoint. Thats how it's spelled right?

THANKS FOR STANDIN' STILL WANKA!

Also, Minecraft

Buy it now or I will end you. You can punch trees in that game.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 19:43:03

One s, two p-s. It's disappoint.

SON I ARE DISAPPOINT IN YOUR SPELLING

AND YOU NOT BE DISAPPOINT IN MY GRAMMAR

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 22:13:17

Your skills in proving other people wrong never dissapoint me, Narf.

Dissapoint. Thats how it's spelled right?

Firefox's spell corrector is your friend.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 22:23:37

At 4/23/10 02:37 AM, narf109 wrote:
At 4/16/10 12:28 AM, UsernameWasTaken wrote:
Anyway. This ones taking me a while. Haven't done particles in a while, and on top of that I'm doing camera movements, so frames are taking forever to make. Trying to get back to my old ways. Here's hoping this is a start. Looks alright for now. I know for sure once I do the peak of the move. But I'm taking a break for now.

Break? WHY!?!! Keep workin on it plz, like see something epic out of you! "EPICZ"

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 22:51:22

Lol whats an Ape4

People Flippy Owned: Sarge (2x), Finaltrust, Wolf, Acidsnowball, Renos Pigeons : )

Honorable Defeat: The Narfman

Silly Newgrounds, you think flippy can die?

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 22:55:52

At 4/23/10 10:51 PM, ape4 wrote: Lol whats an Ape4

Ahhh....something out of teh twilight zone!>?

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 22:57:09

Idk lol. I was told to make something epic but I guess you guys have to settle with this stuff.

People Flippy Owned: Sarge (2x), Finaltrust, Wolf, Acidsnowball, Renos Pigeons : )

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 23:27:05

. But I'm taking a break for now.

Break? WHY!?!! Keep workin on it plz, like see something epic out of you! "EPICZ"

i was working on it for 3 hours and it was late and I needed sleep lol No worries it'll get finished.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-23 23:34:47

Well hello to YOU too Narf.

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-24 00:23:58

At 4/23/10 11:34 PM, ape4 wrote: Well hello to YOU too Narf.

hello ape, does this mean your intranets back?

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-24 00:32:02

Nope, I am ignoring my friend and stole his computer chair, armed only with my flash drive and charming good looks.

(oh, and I only animated three things...so thats all for now. Blow me.) =D

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 03:20:36

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 11:40:10

So I animated this flaming piece of shit.

Still unedited, though, so some of the movements in the arm and legs look weird.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 15:37:02

I... Envy you guys...

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 17:19:46

You shouldn't. You've just started with the program, when you come over and look at me, who's literally been animating off and on for 4 goddamned years and yet I still suck this bad.

Who you should be envying is the guy who made this, who just happens to be the man commonly believed nowadays to be the very best Pivot animator in the world.

He goes by Picto and sometimes we all have tea on Saturdays.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 17:40:41

At 4/25/10 05:19 PM, hijackreaper wrote: You shouldn't. You've just started with the program, when you come over and look at me, who's literally been animating off and on for 4 goddamned years and yet I still suck this bad.

Who you should be envying is the guy who made this, who just happens to be the man commonly believed nowadays to be the very best Pivot animator in the world.

He goes by Picto and sometimes we all have tea on Saturdays.

l'll wouldn't say teh best Pivot animator, there like maybe lot of good pivot animator out there 'n' such!

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 20:28:52

He is really, really good dude, he's one of like three active Elites and he is by far one of the best.

I still say Olixflix is kinda better though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 21:23:33

By the way, check the sexy 3D.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pivot Stick Figure Showcase!!! 2010-04-25 21:51:21

At 4/25/10 09:23 PM, hijackreaper wrote: By the way, check the sexy 3D.

Nice, love it!
Great Job ;D